sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > Floo Network (Extra Fun) > St. Mungo's Hospital (Role-Playing) > Ilvermorny

Ilvermorny American wizards and witches have a school of their own too! Ilvermorny awaits up at the highest peak of Mount Greylock.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2017, 01:50 AM
Cassirin Cassirin is offline
 
Default Horned Serpent Common Room

The Horned Serpent common room is found at the east end of the third floor. Alcoves full of shelved books surround cushiony window seats inset in large, picture windows facing the east. The natural lighting is perfect for reading, drawing, or just admiring the sunrise. Additional seating can be found in the center of the room, arranged to encourage discussion. Entrances to the boys’ dorms and the girls’ dorms can be found at opposite ends of the far wall. A tasteful cranberry and turquoise decor accented with gordian knots is a defining feature of this common room.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: themoon.
Posts: 9,757

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zoryn Spinnet
Seventh Year
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures
Default we're gonna pretend like it's september TL lol @twinneh
LISTEN it's pronounced 'jif' pineapples BELONG on pizza milk comes BEFORE cereal & also it's "CHarrie". amen.

Amelia traveled down the stairs that led from her dormitory to the common, her silky robe open and swaying with every step. In her arms, she carried at least a dozen copies of various Witch Weekly US magazines. Oi vey, her new room was in need of a glam-over. Fortunately, she had been smart enough to pack versatile supplies for the occasion.

Making her way to the center of the Common Room, she knelt down on the floor and began spreading the magazines around. Picking up one of the more recent issues, she carefully flipped through the pages until she found a fashion spread. Taking out her wand, the witch cut around some of her favorite pieces (a beautiful diamond necklace, a pale pink bag, and an ethereal, sequined dress).

Snip, snip, snip.

This was much better than wondering the corridors. And she could do it within the comfort of her sleepwear.
__________________

Last edited by ArianaBlack; 12-22-2017 at 05:51 AM.
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 07:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 6,802

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxie B. Anderson-Belfort
First Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Axel Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
Default
this member will self-destruct in 3... 2... 1... 💥💥 nickleback 💥💥

Dita didn't much like doing anything without Liri by her side which meant that 64.5 percent of the Horned Serpent's time was spent comfortabl doing as she pleased and feeling safer than safe, while the other 43.5 percent was spent wondering where Liri was and who she was with and how very much she disliked being alone.

The common room, of course, was not a place to be alone in and Dita had hoped being curled up in a sunbeam by one of the large windows and listening to the others' conversation would be enough to center her. But, to put it simply, it wasn't.

Her fingers were in her mouth, teeth biting at dried skin in a habit her mother couldn't stand. She bit and chewed like a rabid yorkie, occasionally she would catch a bit of conversation from the older students that was enough to stop the nervous biting but as son as it faded away she would resume where she'd left off. It was, as her mother said, horribly unattractive and left her nail beds looking battered and achingly red.

In the midst of all this her eyes focused on the fluttering form of Amelia Acero. Dita thought she looked like a Butterfly in her floating pink robe. She let the idea wriggle around her head like a caterpillar in search of a lush green leaf to nibble on. There was a story there, the beginning of one but without the comforting presence of her twin Dita didn't have the energy to follow along after the tendrils of inspiration. Her large dark doe eyes stayed, however, on Amelia as she snipped and perused with all the careful poise suggested by her name and beauty-

it made the younger girl incredibly envious and- ah, there it was, another tendril of a story trying to wriggle it's way into her mind. Dita shooed it away, she was busy doing nothing. Busy letting her anxiety get the best of her, the story could wait.

(except stories didn't wait, they were much too fickle for that)

"What are you doing?" Dita asked, rising up from her curl on the floor to sit on her legs and peer carefully from afar at Amelia's work. it looked like a moodboard work, or a collage maybe. Dita hadn't ever made ether but she'd watched others before and at home where the technology and wifi was she'd spent many hours one rainy afternoon watching online videos about moodboard inspirations.
__________________

I believe.... in me.

nicole black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: themoon.
Posts: 9,757

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zoryn Spinnet
Seventh Year
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures
Default
LISTEN it's pronounced 'jif' pineapples BELONG on pizza milk comes BEFORE cereal & also it's "CHarrie". amen.

The fifth year sat on the floor comfortably, leaning against a sofa and tilting her head from left to right, trying to decide whether she wanted to place Justine Janvier next to the sunflowers or by the vintage perfume bottle. Sweet Circe. This was life’s most difficult decision, clearly. Her stalker hadn’t gone unnoticed either, by the way.

Amelia had definitely noticed the eyes on her (it was difficult not to, Dita wasn’t being very subtle), but she chose to ignore the girl’s curious gaze in hopes that the younger Horned Serpent would soon leave. It was, of course, to her absolute distaste that instead Dita chose to stay. And talk. Melia internally rolled her eyes, though she did have the decency to appear unfazed. ”Curious much?” she questioned without even looking at the younger girl. If she must know, ”I need decor. The walls are way bare,” seriously, had no one considered trying to dazzle the place a little bit? This was a dormitory not a jail.

Her room in beauxbatons was much more inviting. It had only been a couple of weeks, but already her #aesthetic was dying. This castle was way too rustic for her liking. Had it been home to lumberjack wizards or something? Like seriously, who thought gordian knots were a good idea? And turqouise…… and cranberry…. together? Amelia was very disappointed. No way she’d be caught dead wearing her school robes any longer than she had to. That atrocity was shed the moment she stepped foot into the semi-comfort of her common room. Though, comfort wasn’t saying much seeing as there were constantly an influx of people to interrupt her thoughts.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie & Mungo's



DMT & DMGS
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,253

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Fourth Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Atticus T. Zeller
Atticus's Attic
Default *crashes*
Unforgivably Cursed

Ugh. Maesi could not deal that it was already September and she was back at school. Why did summer always go by so fast? The only good thing about going back to school was that she could be around her friends again. Oh, and she could do magic here. That was always good. Plus there were some cute boys here. Oh, and no farm chores. But she hated the homework and boring classes and studying, okay?! And she would complain about it to anyone who would listen.

Currently, her victims audience would be the pair of girls already seated in the common room when she dramatically flopped on one of the couches with a loud sigh. Well. If they would listen was up to them. But they were the nearest to hear her lamentations. And she was in need of some attention.

"I can't even believe all the homework they're giving out and it's the only first week! Seriously." How was she meant to survive these stupid JARVEYS? She paused, then looked at both the girls. Who were they anyway? New? "So... you guys gonna try out for drama club?" Because that was totally a thing and she was gonna kill it this year in whatever show they would put on.
__________________
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 6,802

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxie B. Anderson-Belfort
First Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Axel Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
Default
this member will self-destruct in 3... 2... 1... 💥💥 nickleback 💥💥

Curious, that was one way to describe Dita. Another was weirdly into other people's ideas, life stories and day to day business, essentially humanity and all the things that made humans unique and mundane. In this case Data was transfixed by Acer's beauty, cold energy and the simple flick of her long bony wrists as she cut through the magazine. Dita wondered if this was what she'd read about in books- infatuation and love or just a weird obsession stemming from, well, wanting desperately to cling to someone (preferably Liri), anyone.

Except the thoughts weren't so clean and orderly, most of it could have been described as a jumbled brain battle. Lobe against Lobe in a heavy weight match over logic and hormones. "I like watching people at work." Dita said, tucking her bitten fingers into her dungaree pockets and half-waddling to better peer over Amelia Acer's robed shoulder. Dita found herself nodding in agreement before she'd properly formed an opinion. "Mine are too, except for the windows but they only do so much for the aesthetic of the room." a truth told double when the weather shifted and the sky was grey grey grey for days at a time.

Masi walked in, or Dita would rather have said crashed into the conversation- she knew the older girl- not very well, not really but she often watched Madelyn and Masi around the castle as the two were as loud as she was quiet. Drama club... it hadn't sounded bad before- but then again the thought of being on stage in the midst of a billion lights an with a billion eyes on her- it wasn't appealing. Dita shook her head, large brown eyes shifting from Amelia's bony wrists to watch Masi's gestures with only a mild interest before returning to the brown girl.

"I don't think so."
__________________

I believe.... in me.

nicole black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: themoon.
Posts: 9,757

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zoryn Spinnet
Seventh Year
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Zander Adair
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures
Default
LISTEN it's pronounced 'jif' pineapples BELONG on pizza milk comes BEFORE cereal & also it's "CHarrie". amen.

Amelia pushed the photo of Justine next to the sunflowers, allowing her eyes to find themselves back on the magazine.”… Why?” It wasn’t so much a question Amelia really wanted the younger girl to answer, as it was more of a judgement. Drawing the magazine back up to her face, she began flipping through it once again. The Horned Serpent chose not to comment further on Dita’s observation about the windows in her room. The comment was a strange one and Amelia didn’t have time for it.

With utmost precision (and no real enthusiasm), Amelia began cutting again. She had been hoping that Dita would get bored and leave, but unfortunately something even worse happened. Was her RBF not enough to ward away unwanted company???

Though Amelia had been wishing Dita away only moments ago, she much preferred her presence to Maesi’s. At least Dita had the decency to quietly observe. ‘Melia was sure that she would not be given that same privilege now that Maesi was here. The girl had a catastrophically large mouth and a incessantly shrill voice. “Pay someone off to do it for you,” was all she had to say on the matter of homework. It was an easy solution and it would mean she wouldn’t have to disrupt peace in the Common Room any more. A win-win.

Amelia only looked up at Maesi for a few seconds to acknowledge her presence, she didn’t so much as smile but instead kept her expression detached. “No.”

Snip, snip, snip.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie & Mungo's



DMT & DMGS
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,253

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Fourth Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Atticus T. Zeller
Atticus's Attic
Default
Unforgivably Cursed

What... was that girl doing? Maesi hadn't really noticed before, being self-absorbed in her own issues, but her eyes drifted to the magazine clippings scattered around her. It looked like some sort of arts and crafts project, the type that girls with no social lives took part in. Actually, it looked like something her sister would do, but before she could comment, the girl spoke.

Pay someone?? The very idea. "I'm sure that will help me with my JARVEYs," she said a bit haughtily as she distractedly played with a lock of hair. "And I doubt that I can pay someone to do those for me.... I prefer to spend my money on better things anyway." Such as some of the things the one girl was cutting out of magazines. Not that Maesi had all that much money in the first place though.

Ugh, these girls were so boring. It was probably good that neither of them wanted to be a part of the drama club, or at least what they probably thought it was about. Yes, Maesi had just asked them to gauge their interest, but not everyone belonged on the stage underneath the spotlight. She wouldn't put it so straightforward though. She wasn't that rude.

"Oh you wouldn't have to act or anything, if you're shy," she let them know as she pulled out her nail file. "We need all sorts of people, even behind the scenes. It takes so many to put together a successful show. You could do something... artsy or craftsy..." She gestured to the magazine clippings. "Like paint scenery." Because that was totally the same.
__________________
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Dugbog
 
Zannash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 144

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lyra Woods
Mysteries
Default Open!
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Joan was so excited to finally be at Ilvermorny. The place was even better than her books had depicted it as. She was, of course, a horned serpent.

She was astounded add she entered the common room, running her fingers over the shelves of books and their illustrious titles. There were so many!! She pulled a book of the shelf labeled "Hogwarts: A History," and sat down at a table to read it, forgetting that she needed to find her dormitory. She had always adored this magical European school in her studies. It seemed so interesting.

Last edited by Zannash; 12-31-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Zannash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's


DMGS & DERP

Editor-in-Chief
Tebo
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,753

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Third Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Griffin Renzler
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Jorge De La Garza
Daily Prophet
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannash View Post
Joan was so excited to finally be at Ilvermorny. The place was even better than books had depicted it as. She was, of course, a horned serpent.

She was astounded add she entered the common room, running her fingers over the shelves of books and their illustrious titles. There were so many!! She pulled a book of the shelf labeled "Hogwarts: A History," and sat down at a table to read it, forgetting that she needed to find her dormitory. She had always adored this magical European school in her studies. It seemed so interesting.
His eyes were wide as he was ushered into the common room with the rest of the house. It was so big here and he wasn't use to everything yet. Being a muggle-born, Jabre know what to expect. He had known things were weird with him compared to other kids, but magic? He still wasn't fully sure he was magic. What if they had gotten it wrong? What if he wasn't and it was a mistake? He didn't want to be the laughing joke with all the other kids now.

As he got out of the group feeling a little panicked and moved around the common room. Knowing he should head to his dorm he thought it might be better to let the other kids find their beds first. He had never been away from his parents and now he would be for an entire school year. His mother was not okay with it, but his father thought it would be a great opportunity. A businessman's words for sure.

Seeing someone sitting reading he ventured over, "H.. hello" was all he could squeak out for the moment.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 06:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Dugbog
 
Zannash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 144

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lyra Woods
Mysteries
Default
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
His eyes were wide as he was ushered into the common room with the rest of the house. It was so big here and he wasn't use to everything yet. Being a muggle-born, Jabre know what to expect. He had known things were weird with him compared to other kids, but magic? He still wasn't fully sure he was magic. What if they had gotten it wrong? What if he wasn't and it was a mistake? He didn't want to be the laughing joke with all the other kids now.

As he got out of the group feeling a little panicked and moved around the common room. Knowing he should head to his dorm he thought it might be better to let the other kids find their beds first. He had never been away from his parents and now he would be for an entire school year. His mother was not okay with it, but his father thought it would be a great opportunity. A businessman's words for sure.

Seeing someone sitting reading he ventured over, "H.. hello" was all he could squeak out for the moment.
Joan looked up. She hadn't expected someone to talk to her. "Hi," she said. The boy standing next to her was quite shy, she could tell. "My name is Joan, what's yours." She would have preferred to continue reading, but it was what it was.
Zannash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's


DMGS & DERP

Editor-in-Chief
Tebo
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,753

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Third Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Griffin Renzler
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Jorge De La Garza
Daily Prophet
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannash View Post
Joan looked up. She hadn't expected someone to talk to her. "Hi," she said. The boy standing next to her was quite shy, she could tell. "My name is Joan, what's yours." She would have preferred to continue reading, but it was what it was.
He just stared at her for a moment as she turned from her book. He hoped that he hadn't made her lose her place or that he made her mad. He didn't want to make anyone upset, that wouldn't be good for his first night in this school. Looking down at the book he saw a weird name on it... Hogwarts? What was that? Though he already felt like people knew he was weird and didn't know anything about magic so he wasn't going to ask.

"Hi, my name is Jabre, are you a first year too?" She seemed to know her way around already having a book, maybe she was a second year and he was going to have someone that could tell all her friends about the weird first year.

"I got away from the group I guess. A little nervous and I saw you sitting here and thought I'd say hello."
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Dugbog
 
Zannash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 144

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lyra Woods
Mysteries
Default
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
He just stared at her for a moment as she turned from her book. He hoped that he hadn't made her lose her place or that he made her mad. He didn't want to make anyone upset, that wouldn't be good for his first night in this school. Looking down at the book he saw a weird name on it... Hogwarts? What was that? Though he already felt like people knew he was weird and didn't know anything about magic so he wasn't going to ask.

"Hi, my name is Jabre, are you a first year too?" She seemed to know her way around already having a book, maybe she was a second year and he was going to have someone that could tell all her friends about the weird first year.

"I got away from the group I guess. A little nervous and I saw you sitting here and thought I'd say hello."
"Oh yeah, me too. I should find my dorm, but I got distracted by these books," she said, gesturing at the shelves lining the common room. "It really is amazing though, look how many books there are! Rare books too, ones you can't get in the US."
Zannash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's


DMGS & DERP

Editor-in-Chief
Tebo
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,753

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Third Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Griffin Renzler
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Jorge De La Garza
Daily Prophet
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannash View Post
"Oh yeah, me too. I should find my dorm, but I got distracted by these books," she said, gesturing at the shelves lining the common room. "It really is amazing though, look how many books there are! Rare books too, ones you can't get in the US."
He looked at the books and then back at her and then back to the book again. "Oh?" Jabra knew he should be acting like he knew exactly what she was talking about but the truth was he had no cue. He didn't know a single thing she meant by book that he couldn't find in the US, he was in the US, they were in the US, so if the books were here why couldn't they find them?

His head was getting more and more confused by the second and finally he just looked at her. "I'm muggleborn, this is all very new. What books around you talking about? Why can't you get them in the US? Why can they have them here if you can't get them?"

He hoped he didn't sound to lame.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Dugbog
 
Zannash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 144

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lyra Woods
Mysteries
Default
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
He looked at the books and then back at her and then back to the book again. "Oh?" Jabra knew he should be acting like he knew exactly what she was talking about but the truth was he had no cue. He didn't know a single thing she meant by book that he couldn't find in the US, he was in the US, they were in the US, so if the books were here why couldn't they find them?

His head was getting more and more confused by the second and finally he just looked at her. "I'm muggleborn, this is all very new. What books around you talking about? Why can't you get them in the US? Why can they have them here if you can't get them?"

He hoped he didn't sound to lame.
Joan looked at her. "Oh! Sorry!" She hadn't meant it that way. "Not like, impossible to get, but not published here, so we have a hard time getting them. This book, for example, is a book about a famous European magical school. It's only published in Europe, so you have to either go to Europe or find it second hand to read it in America."

She was embarrassed, as she had been raised around other magical kids and muggles. She simply did not speak of magic with the muggles and the magical kids all understood her. Having never met someone who she could talk about magic with, but didn't understand it.
Zannash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's


DMGS & DERP

Editor-in-Chief
Tebo
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,753

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Third Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Griffin Renzler
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Jorge De La Garza
Daily Prophet
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannash View Post
Joan looked at her. "Oh! Sorry!" She hadn't meant it that way. "Not like, impossible to get, but not published here, so we have a hard time getting them. This book, for example, is a book about a famous European magical school. It's only published in Europe, so you have to either go to Europe or find it second hand to read it in America."

She was embarrassed, as she had been raised around other magical kids and muggles. She simply did not speak of magic with the muggles and the magical kids all understood her. Having never met someone who she could talk about magic with, but didn't understand it.
"No, no it's okay." Jabre knew she hadn' done anything wrong and he didn't want her to feel bad this was all him and not having a clue. Listening to what she was saying about books he stared at the one on the table, "There are other schools like this?" Wow, he didn't know there were that many magical people in the world. He had so much to learn.

"How many schools are there? Do they all do the same spells?" Maybe if she was nice and he could become friends with her she could teach him everything she knew.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Dugbog
 
Zannash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 144

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lyra Woods
Mysteries
Default
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
"No, no it's okay." Jabre knew she hadn' done anything wrong and he didn't want her to feel bad this was all him and not having a clue. Listening to what she was saying about books he stared at the one on the table, "There are other schools like this?" Wow, he didn't know there were that many magical people in the world. He had so much to learn.

"How many schools are there? Do they all do the same spells?" Maybe if she was nice and he could become friends with her she could teach him everything she knew.
Jabre seemed cool, she was a very curious person, and seemed to enjoy the idea of learning. She was a horned serpent after all. Joan remembered studying wizarding schools, they were all over the world. Each had their own personality and unique history, but they were all very long-living.

"There are 11 major, long established wizarding schools. There may also be small institutions that aren't related to a magical government, but they usually don't have high standards. Magic doesn't really change based on where you are, so they all teach the same or close to the sane set of spells, but there are schools that teach different spell casting techniques than the wand, like those that use hand motions." She felt satisfied in her long and drawn out answer. It answered all the questions and elaborated a bit.
Zannash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's


DMGS & DERP

Editor-in-Chief
Tebo
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,753

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Third Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Griffin Renzler
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Jorge De La Garza
Daily Prophet
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannash View Post
Jabre seemed cool, she was a very curious person, and seemed to enjoy the idea of learning. She was a horned serpent after all. Joan remembered studying wizarding schools, they were all over the world. Each had their own personality and unique history, but they were all very long-living.

"There are 11 major, long established wizarding schools. There may also be small institutions that aren't related to a magical government, but they usually don't have high standards. Magic doesn't really change based on where you are, so they all teach the same or close to the sane set of spells, but there are schools that teach different spell casting techniques than the wand, like those that use hand motions." She felt satisfied in her long and drawn out answer. It answered all the questions and elaborated a bit.
When she went into how many schools were actually around his dark eyes widened in surprise. "There are that many magical people? Wow" When he started noticing he was different then his family Jabre just thought he was it, that he was just odd and then when they said he was a wizard he thought maybe he was special and that not many were like him, but now he knew it wasn't it at all. There were many people like him. "So is there many people born by people that aren't magic that become magic?" Was that normal or was he switched at birth?

"So all the schools are just as good as this one? I mean we wouldn't be put here if it wasn't good, right?" They would make sure every student got the same education, right? "Do we do math and reading here too?" He wasn't sure what they taught at this school, but they would do what his old school did as well, right? "My favorite subject was P.E. do you do P.E. here?"
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Dugbog
 
Zannash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 144

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lyra Woods
Mysteries
Default Sorry for taking so long!
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
When she went into how many schools were actually around his dark eyes widened in surprise. "There are that many magical people? Wow" When he started noticing he was different then his family Jabre just thought he was it, that he was just odd and then when they said he was a wizard he thought maybe he was special and that not many were like him, but now he knew it wasn't it at all. There were many people like him. "So is there many people born by people that aren't magic that become magic?" Was that normal or was he switched at birth?

"So all the schools are just as good as this one? I mean we wouldn't be put here if it wasn't good, right?" They would make sure every student got the same education, right? "Do we do math and reading here too?" He wasn't sure what they taught at this school, but they would do what his old school did as well, right? "My favorite subject was P.E. do you do P.E. here?"
Joan listened as he asked question after question. Naturally, her mind wandered, but she still got the most of it. Of course, she didn't blame him for being this curious, he was just entering the Wizarding world. Yes, there is a worldwide wizarding population. There are people of our kind on every continent, though we are quite numbered compared to no-maj people." Taking a deep breath, she continued, "Nearly half the student population here is born of non-magical parents. Technically, this happens because someone with magical parents turned out non-magical several generations ago, but the little bit of magic retained from their magical parents came back around." The next round of questions was about the schools, but now she had a question of her own. "All eleven hold to the same standards of education, though highly opinionated people may tell you that done ate better than others, which isn't true. We don't have math and reading, it's not really necessary in for a magical education. Now, what is P.E.?"
Zannash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's


DMGS & DERP

Editor-in-Chief
Tebo
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,753

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Third Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Griffin Renzler
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Jorge De La Garza
Daily Prophet
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannash View Post
Joan listened as he asked question after question. Naturally, her mind wandered, but she still got the most of it. Of course, she didn't blame him for being this curious, he was just entering the Wizarding world. Yes, there is a worldwide wizarding population. There are people of our kind on every continent, though we are quite numbered compared to no-maj people." Taking a deep breath, she continued, "Nearly half the student population here is born of non-magical parents. Technically, this happens because someone with magical parents turned out non-magical several generations ago, but the little bit of magic retained from their magical parents came back around." The next round of questions was about the schools, but now she had a question of her own. "All eleven hold to the same standards of education, though highly opinionated people may tell you that done ate better than others, which isn't true. We don't have math and reading, it's not really necessary in for a magical education. Now, what is P.E.?"
This was blowing his mind. Magic was everywhere. Had he lived with it right in his own town without even knowing? He had to sit down, his head was spinning. The eleven-year-old looked around the common room and took a seat. "Wow" it was all he could get out. If his mother or father would hear this, what would they think?

He gave her a puzzled look though, "Not important in magical education, why isn't reading important. I mean yeah we know how to read by this age, but isn't there more English that is needed to be taught, like grammar things?" That was so weird and math, they were just getting into Algebra and stuff, like harder things in his school, that was just over now? This was such an odd thing to think about.

"P.E is physical education, like running around, playing sports for school. Every school in no maj did you say, school has it. " Maybe they had something similar or something.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Dugbog
 
Zannash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 144

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lyra Woods
Mysteries
Default
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
This was blowing his mind. Magic was everywhere. Had he lived with it right in his own town without even knowing? He had to sit down, his head was spinning. The eleven-year-old looked around the common room and took a seat. "Wow" it was all he could get out. If his mother or father would hear this, what would they think?

He gave her a puzzled look though, "Not important in magical education, why isn't reading important. I mean yeah we know how to read by this age, but isn't there more English that is needed to be taught, like grammar things?" That was so weird and math, they were just getting into Algebra and stuff, like harder things in his school, that was just over now? This was such an odd thing to think about.

"P.E is physical education, like running around, playing sports for school. Every school in no maj did you say, school has it. " Maybe they had something similar or something.
Joan originally been opposed to stopping her reading so she could talk, but the conversation seemed worth her time now that the curiosity was flowing freely between them. He seemed to be very invested in the idea of an international Wizarding community.

On the matters of reading, she had never really questioned it, just taking the explanation given by her parents, which was the same one she had just given him. "Well, to be honest, that is just the explanation that everyone will give you. I suppose we do a lot of bookwork and essays, so it might just be built in, but I was never really sure." As for math, they just did it magically, but she really had no idea when it came to reading. "We do have things like spellchecking quills, but I would still think we need reading and we do have it in Wizarding primary schools." She was just thinking out loud now. "I was never really sure, I suppose."

P.E. sounded a bit like flying, but he had also said something about playing sports for school, which did not at all describe flying, because they just taught us to fly and that's it. No sports. "We have flying lessons here, but we don't play Quidditch or Quodpot during them, just learn how to fly on brooms.
Zannash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's


DMGS & DERP

Editor-in-Chief
Tebo
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,753

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Third Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Griffin Renzler
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Jorge De La Garza
Daily Prophet
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannash View Post
Joan originally been opposed to stopping her reading so she could talk, but the conversation seemed worth her time now that the curiosity was flowing freely between them. He seemed to be very invested in the idea of an international Wizarding community.

On the matters of reading, she had never really questioned it, just taking the explanation given by her parents, which was the same one she had just given him. "Well, to be honest, that is just the explanation that everyone will give you. I suppose we do a lot of bookwork and essays, so it might just be built in, but I was never really sure." As for math, they just did it magically, but she really had no idea when it came to reading. "We do have things like spellchecking quills, but I would still think we need reading and we do have it in Wizarding primary schools." She was just thinking out loud now. "I was never really sure, I suppose."

P.E. sounded a bit like flying, but he had also said something about playing sports for school, which did not at all describe flying, because they just taught us to fly and that's it. No sports. "We have flying lessons here, but we don't play Quidditch or Quodpot during them, just learn how to fly on brooms.
Jabre was glad to have a friend that was sharing information ad he was hoping maybe they'd get to be really good friends and could study together and this was his first real friend.

"Wait did you say spellchecking quills?" That was really interesting. How did they work and did she have one? "If you have magic that does things for you I guess it is okay not to learn as others do." What was the word she used for them again? No muse? No moose? "A wizarding primary school, they have those?" He was learning so much already and it was just the first day.

Nodding as she spoke about how they learned to fly, but nothing else, well this was weird. 'We would play all sports and learn them as well as just do physical fitness. Oh and ummm what is Quidditch and what was the other thing?"
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Dugbog
 
Zannash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 144

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lyra Woods
Mysteries
Default
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Jabre was glad to have a friend that was sharing information ad he was hoping maybe they'd get to be really good friends and could study together and this was his first real friend.

"Wait did you say spellchecking quills?" That was really interesting. How did they work and did she have one? "If you have magic that does things for you I guess it is okay not to learn as others do." What was the word she used for them again? No muse? No moose? "A wizarding primary school, they have those?" He was learning so much already and it was just the first day.

Nodding as she spoke about how they learned to fly, but nothing else, well this was weird. 'We would play all sports and learn them as well as just do physical fitness. Oh and ummm what is Quidditch and what was the other thing?"
Joan peered down at the book in her hand and continued to patiently listen as he asked more questions. She supposed the Wizarding and muggle world were far more different than she had originally suspected.

"Yup, we have spellchecking quills. There are also anti-cheating, self-inking, and auto-answering quills. We use anti-cheating ones during exams and the other ones aren't allowed during classes." She was glad to know someone who was so like her curiosity wise. "Yup, I went to one for about half my childhood. They teach born magical people and non-magical children of Magical people alike about both cultures."

"So, what do you do if you aren't very good with sports? Just struggle?" That was terrible! They made everyone play sports? "I am assuming they aren't as dangerous as quidditch and Quodpot because we don't make everyone play them simply because it would result in injury." It was true, both sports could be brutal. A fall from that high up can be fatal, and then pair that with quod explosions or bludger hits. This is why Joan didn't do sports. "They are the two most popular Wizarding sports. Both are done on brooms and involve enchanted balls."
Zannash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's


DMGS & DERP

Editor-in-Chief
Tebo
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,753

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Third Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Griffin Renzler
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Jorge De La Garza
Daily Prophet
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannash View Post
Joan peered down at the book in her hand and continued to patiently listen as he asked more questions. She supposed the Wizarding and muggle world were far more different than she had originally suspected.

"Yup, we have spellchecking quills. There are also anti-cheating, self-inking, and auto-answering quills. We use anti-cheating ones during exams and the other ones aren't allowed during classes." She was glad to know someone who was so like her curiosity wise. "Yup, I went to one for about half my childhood. They teach born magical people and non-magical children of Magical people alike about both cultures."

"So, what do you do if you aren't very good with sports? Just struggle?" That was terrible! They made everyone play sports? "I am assuming they aren't as dangerous as quidditch and Quodpot because we don't make everyone play them simply because it would result in injury." It was true, both sports could be brutal. A fall from that high up can be fatal, and then pair that with quod explosions or bludger hits. This is why Joan didn't do sports. "They are the two most popular Wizarding sports. Both are done on brooms and involve enchanted balls."
Jabre couldn't help but start to get overwhelmed by everything he was hearing. There was so much he didn't know, his head was spinning. 'Where.. Where do I get those at?" He had to get all of them and show his mom. She would love this stuff. "We don't learn anything about magical people in our school, but I guess we wouldn't since it is considered all fairy tale. I could have never imagined it was real." This was blowing him away.


A small yawn left the boy and he realized just how exhausted he was.

"Oh no, I mean, I'm not real sure. We just have fun and it doesn't really matter if you are good or not. It's just a class and everyone is different. So we just learn how to play things. " He was pretty good at most of the things they did, so he wasn't sure about someone who wasn't. "I broke my arm once playing basketball." He wasn't sure what those sports were, but he knew he could get an injury in his sport too. "It's all healed now though."

He looked at the clock and was shocked at the time, "I think I better head up to find my room, but maybe we could have breakfast tomorrow together?" He liked the thought of actually having a friend here and he hoped she felt the same.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Dugbog
 
Zannash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 144

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lyra Woods
Mysteries
Default Wrapping it up
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Jabre couldn't help but start to get overwhelmed by everything he was hearing. There was so much he didn't know, his head was spinning. 'Where.. Where do I get those at?" He had to get all of them and show his mom. She would love this stuff. "We don't learn anything about magical people in our school, but I guess we wouldn't since it is considered all fairy tale. I could have never imagined it was real." This was blowing him away.


A small yawn left the boy and he realized just how exhausted he was.

"Oh no, I mean, I'm not real sure. We just have fun and it doesn't really matter if you are good or not. It's just a class and everyone is different. So we just learn how to play things. " He was pretty good at most of the things they did, so he wasn't sure about someone who wasn't. "I broke my arm once playing basketball." He wasn't sure what those sports were, but he knew he could get an injury in his sport too. "It's all healed now though."

He looked at the clock and was shocked at the time, "I think I better head up to find my room, but maybe we could have breakfast tomorrow together?" He liked the thought of actually having a friend here and he hoped she felt the same.
Joan was aware that no-maj sports could cause injury, but not as bad as these. She was sure he would understand after the first game, but it was late tonight anyway. "Yeah, I'd like to have breakfast tomorrow." She was glad to have a friend and was hoping to learn more than she already did about the no-maj world, so she slid the book back onto she shelf and said "I should find my room as well."
Zannash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:50 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187