sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 152 users online including...
Lislchen , sweetpinkpixie , ugglaughliramo , eacheaptera , awakemysoul , nghingjoan , hhhochhauspres , tiuttintifa , natekka

12 members
140 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts > Grounds


Grounds Have a case of cabin fever? Then go see the groundskeeper, hang out by the lake, or explore the expansive school grounds.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2018, 11:52 AM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default Boathouse


Every September 1st, the first years arrive at Hogwarts by boats that carry them across the Great Lake to the Boathouse. Apart from the entrance from the Lake through the long tunnel underneath the castle, this underground harbour can also be reached from the Boathouse Steps which leads down the side of the cliff on which the castle sits and from the path leading down from the paved courtyard.

The Boathouse store the boats for the arriving first years and departing seventh years, but with permission from the Groundskeeper you may be permitted to use one of the boats for an afternoon or two. Life vests, oars, fishing tools, nets and everything else you might need are either hanging on hooks or nails on the wall or lying on the wooden bench. Please put everything back in its proper place, should you move stuff around. The Groundskeeper will know if you haven't.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 6,872

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxie B. Anderson-Belfort
Second Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Axel Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
Default ~ Open Post ~
this member will self-destruct in 3... 2... 1... 💥💥 nickleback 💥💥

The Boathouse was just where you might expect a quiet boy like Maxie Barton Anderson-Belfort to frequent, and frequent he did. The place had become, slowly but surely. one of his more beloved study spots, not just for it's solitude but for it's sounds. The gentle waves against the dock. The soft hoot of the wild owls perched up in in the deepest corners of the rafters. The windrushing through the walls. He felt lost in time here.

A book splayed across his lap, a small brown bag with snacks by his side, and a thermos of tea to keep him company.. what more did the Hufflepuff need? Nothing, absolutely nothing.
__________________
keep quiet.
big boys don't cry.
nicole black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DERP
Pygmy Puff
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NL
Posts: 18,174

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celine B Myles
Fourth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Alberta Bowman
Environmental Protection
Default
slothyke

SPOILER!!: the sweet child
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post
The Boathouse was just where you might expect a quiet boy like Maxie Barton Anderson-Belfort to frequent, and frequent he did. The place had become, slowly but surely. one of his more beloved study spots, not just for it's solitude but for it's sounds. The gentle waves against the dock. The soft hoot of the wild owls perched up in in the deepest corners of the rafters. The windrushing through the walls. He felt lost in time here.

A book splayed across his lap, a small brown bag with snacks by his side, and a thermos of tea to keep him company.. what more did the Hufflepuff need? Nothing, absolutely nothing.


Just like most students, Céline was supposed to be doing her homework at this moment. So of course she was in search of other things to do after doing the bare minimum to complete her homework. Today she was on the search for a net for some sort of improvised football goal.

Kicking her trusty old football ahead, the fourth year set off to the most obvious place to find one, the boathouse. She wasn't sure if there were fish or inferi in the lake but WHO ELSE would have a net just laying around if not one of those boat-y boat people. With one last kick, this one as hard as possible, she kicked the ball down the steps, grinning as she heard it bouncing down.
__________________

iekenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 6,872

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxie B. Anderson-Belfort
Second Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Axel Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
Default Darrygirl
this member will self-destruct in 3... 2... 1... 💥💥 nickleback 💥💥

Footsteps. He heard them loud and very clear.
No, no, no, no, no.

No.

No.


No.



No.

No, thank you.

No.

He did not look up from his book, he was far too busy lamenting the sorrowful loss of his solitude.
__________________
keep quiet.
big boys don't cry.
nicole black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DERP
Pygmy Puff
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NL
Posts: 18,174

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celine B Myles
Fourth Year
x3

Ministry RPG Name:
Alberta Bowman
Environmental Protection
Default
slothyke

And down the steps after the ball she went, catching up with the football and giving it a kick right into the boathouse. Hit anything? Of coooourse not. She jogged into the room and spotted a kid with a book.
What an odd place to be reading.

"Oh hiya." Jó, Max, who even knew at this point. Did they????? "What're you doin down here then?" Cél jogged over and squinted down at the book, not all that interested in it even though he seemed to be.
__________________

iekenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod


DMC & DMLE
Thestral
 
MunchyBubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Haven ♥
Posts: 81,266

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kamryn Sophia Keighley
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Magical Creatures
Default Lisa <3
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | "I don't wike it" | SING FOR ME | Tristalen

It should have been a happier day for the 6th year Hufflepuff, it was after all her 17th birthday, the day she became legal in the Wizarding world. The age allowed her some freedom, like the ability to learn how to apparate, as well as being able to move out on her own, which she planned to do this summer..

But despite her new freedom, no smiles could be seen as Kamryn made her way into the boathouse, she dropped her book bag near a boat and settled down next to it, leaning against the hard structure with a sigh. She slumped down against it until her head was laying on the wood, but she didn’t care if it was uncomfortable, she just wanted to be alone.

The kitchen was her usual haunt but she didn’t feel like seeing anyone today.

Her thoughts came in waves as she kept her eyes closed, from idly wondering which is her family members would remember her birthday this year, to thinking that the day was cursed. She had broken up with her last boyfriend on her last birthday, and had broken up with her current one two says before.

She didn’t know why, but losing Trigger hurt more than losing Cameron had.. and she felt equal parts of loneliness and sadness.

She curled up and sighed softly, pulling her book bag into her chest, maybe she could sleep the day away and not have to worry about anything.
__________________
For my whole life, we never crossed that line, only friends in my mind.

But now I realize, it was always you. Can’t believe I could not see it all this time.
MunchyBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP & DMAC
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 34,984

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anahera Webb
Sixth Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
It should have been a happier day for the 6th year Hufflepuff, it was after all her 17th birthday, the day she became legal in the Wizarding world. The age allowed her some freedom, like the ability to learn how to apparate, as well as being able to move out on her own, which she planned to do this summer..

But despite her new freedom, no smiles could be seen as Kamryn made her way into the boathouse, she dropped her book bag near a boat and settled down next to it, leaning against the hard structure with a sigh. She slumped down against it until her head was laying on the wood, but she didn’t care if it was uncomfortable, she just wanted to be alone.

The kitchen was her usual haunt but she didn’t feel like seeing anyone today.

Her thoughts came in waves as she kept her eyes closed, from idly wondering which is her family members would remember her birthday this year, to thinking that the day was cursed. She had broken up with her last boyfriend on her last birthday, and had broken up with her current one two says before.

She didn’t know why, but losing Trigger hurt more than losing Cameron had.. and she felt equal parts of loneliness and sadness.

She curled up and sighed softly, pulling her book bag into her chest, maybe she could sleep the day away and not have to worry about anything.
................nope.

Sorry not sorry, Kamryn.

Anahera had CASUALLY followed Kam after incidentally spotting her in the entrance hall. She'd been carrying a cupcake in her bag all day. Thank you, Hogwarts house elves for making it. And also for making sure she could safely stow it in her bag until the time came. They'd informed her that a simple Finite would lift the spell that was currently protecting it from getting crushed.

After watching Kam enter the boathouse from a safe distance, Anahera slowly approached it too before slowing to a halt right by one of the outside walls. She pulled out the cupcake and whispered her Finite, making sure that she wouldn't be heard inside the boathouse. She then pulled out a single candle, put it onto the cupcake, then lit it with her wand.

Et voilŕ!

".......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

Hello yes, Anahera was inside the boathouse now, holding the cupcake and grinning.
__________________
I could show you what you wanna see and take you where you wanna be
You could be my luck, even if the sky is falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound


[Dares]_________[Join the Ministry NOW!]_________[Queenie]
Lislchen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod


DMC & DMLE
Thestral
 
MunchyBubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Haven ♥
Posts: 81,266

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kamryn Sophia Keighley
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Magical Creatures
Default
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | "I don't wike it" | SING FOR ME | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
................nope.

Sorry not sorry, Kamryn.

Anahera had CASUALLY followed Kam after incidentally spotting her in the entrance hall. She'd been carrying a cupcake in her bag all day. Thank you, Hogwarts house elves for making it. And also for making sure she could safely stow it in her bag until the time came. They'd informed her that a simple Finite would lift the spell that was currently protecting it from getting crushed.

After watching Kam enter the boathouse from a safe distance, Anahera slowly approached it too before slowing to a halt right by one of the outside walls. She pulled out the cupcake and whispered her Finite, making sure that she wouldn't be heard inside the boathouse. She then pulled out a single candle, put it onto the cupcake, then lit it with her wand.

Et voilŕ!

".......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

Hello yes, Anahera was inside the boathouse now, holding the cupcake and grinning.
Kamryn uncurled as she heard a voice and she stilled for a moment before opening her eyes and pasting a smile on her face.

“Anahera! ” Kam was on her feet almost instantly and she smiled as she saw the cupcake! “You remembered! ” She said with a grin as she headed over to the other girl and the cupcake.

“Shall I make a wish and blow the candle out? ” She asked her softly.

__________________
For my whole life, we never crossed that line, only friends in my mind.

But now I realize, it was always you. Can’t believe I could not see it all this time.
MunchyBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 04:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod


DERP & DMAC
Dwarf
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 34,984

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anahera Webb
Sixth Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
Kamryn uncurled as she heard a voice and she stilled for a moment before opening her eyes and pasting a smile on her face.

“Anahera! ” Kam was on her feet almost instantly and she smiled as she saw the cupcake! “You remembered! ” She said with a grin as she headed over to the other girl and the cupcake.

“Shall I make a wish and blow the candle out? ” She asked her softly.

"Of course I did!"

Anahera grinned and waited for Kamryn to walk over to her. What WAS she doing down here all by herself anyway? "Yes, you have to." Obviously. It was birthday tradition after all. Still smiling, she held out the cupcake to the other girl, just at the right height for her to be able to blow out the candle.
__________________
I could show you what you wanna see and take you where you wanna be
You could be my luck, even if the sky is falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound


[Dares]_________[Join the Ministry NOW!]_________[Queenie]
Lislchen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod


DMC & DMLE
Thestral
 
MunchyBubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Haven ♥
Posts: 81,266

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kamryn Sophia Keighley
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Magical Creatures
Default
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | "I don't wike it" | SING FOR ME | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
"Of course I did!"

Anahera grinned and waited for Kamryn to walk over to her. What WAS she doing down here all by herself anyway? "Yes, you have to." Obviously. It was birthday tradition after all. Still smiling, she held out the cupcake to the other girl, just at the right height for her to be able to blow out the candle.
Kamryn managed a small smile as she looked over at her friend, she was actually very grateful that Anahera had remembered her birthday, she had just assumed that most people would have forgotten it since she herself was so forgettable, hence part of her reason for removing herself from sight.

That and she didn’t want to run into Trigger. Their break up hurt terribly and Kam was still trying and failing to process it. She felt like she was in some sort of bad dream that she couldn’t wake up from.

“Thanks for remembering. ” She said in a soft voice as she looked at her friend and then crept closer.

She looked down at the cupcake and then closed her eyes to make a wish.

Just please let things go back to normal she wished softly as she openers her eyes and blew out the flame.
__________________
For my whole life, we never crossed that line, only friends in my mind.

But now I realize, it was always you. Can’t believe I could not see it all this time.
MunchyBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,010

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

The mist that began creeping out of the forest has begun to makes it way out onto the grounds. It brought with it something of a cold chill though this was as likely a result of the dreary January weather.

The mist is wispy on the fringes but thick if one were to make their way into it.

So thick that you wouldn't be able to make out right from left. So thick that you can't see anything beyond it.
__________________
The Narrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #c51362
Posts: 9,978

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nina Castillo
Fourth Year
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Default yo, mist!
LISTEN it's pronounced 'jif' pineapples BELONG on pizza milk comes BEFORE cereal & also it's "CHarrie". amen.

Nina Castillo did not plan on riding a boat. Nor did she plan on borrowing nets or fishing tools. That sounded terribly unappealing. No, she hadn't actually known what this underground harbor contained. Having only transferred to the school late last year, the Slytherin hadn't ever used the boats before. Stumbling upon this structure had been a complete and utter surprise.

In fact, she had only ventured outside to escape some of her classmates. A list, which, only kept growing in length. There were far too many people to avoid within the castles confines, and so on days such as these when it all became too much... Her only real options were the grounds. But again, the Courtyard was far too common place, and she didn't want to freeze her bum by sitting by the lake. And so she walked. This was the farthest out she had ever gone. It was rather curious, this place.

Kept neat, but the wood was worn. What was even more peculiar was the sudden, oncoming wall of mist. It was incredibly disorienting. Nina turned around to walk out of the boathouse to escape it, but... she couldn't see the door anymore? The mist was fogging everything up, she could hardly even see a few centimeters in front of her own feet. She could feel her heart rate quicken as the nerves kicked in. She didn't know her way out.

And the longer she spun around in place, the more lost she felt. Her airways were also starting to feel quite heavy. She could still breathe, that wasn't the issue. It was more of an emotional reaction than it was a physical one. But she still coughed quite a bit. Um??? This couldn't have been normal mist, right???
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:33 AM   #13 (permalink)


DIMC & MO
Billywig
 
Goblinfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Riley's Brain
Posts: 3,176

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alice O'Hara
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Default
Mischievous Niffler

Alice was out for a jog. Yes, a jog. She may have been more well known among the students and her colleagues as a Yoga practitioner, but anyone who knew the health fanatic knew that she was into all forms of physical fitness, and they may even have a few bad memories of how enthusiastically she had embraced and enforced disgraced headmaster Julian's exercise routine.

Honestly, though, the only thing she hadn't liked about those exercises were how early in the morning they were. Alice knew full well the importance of a good night's sleep!

If they were to take place during the daytime, then Alice would have been all for reinstating school-mandated exercise for the entire school. And yes, she knew the students would hate her for that if it actually happened. The current Health club was a good start, but Alice wanted fitness ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY.

But enough about what might have been. She shifted her mind back to the task at hand, which was getting the best workout she possibly could on that chilly day. She was wearing a turtleneck jacket (and boots) only because of how cold it was. Her hair was cut a little shorter than usual, revealing the slightly pointed ears of the part-goblin. You could only see them if you looked closely, though.

It was not until she had jogged down to the boathouse that she began to feel unusually breathless. At first she assumed it was because of how good she was exercising...but then she began to feel cold. "Um, what?!" she sputtered, coming to a stop. She should NOT be getting cold in the middle of a strenuous exercise! She noticed Ms. Castillo standing nearby (why hadn't she seen her before? Probably because of the mist - where had that come from??) and looking even more breathless and confused than she was.

"Ms. Castillo!" she called out in a slightly more shaky tone than the usually dominant professor was known for. "Are you all right? Come with me. We need to get out of this cold."

Wait...which way was out? A jolt of unease went through her.

Last edited by Goblinfrog; Today at 03:47 AM.
Goblinfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:40 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174