sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > North Side > Florean Fortescue's

Florean Fortescue's I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Come and treat yourself to a scoop after a long day of shopping.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Zoe Zoe is offline
 
Default Indoor Seating


Visiting Florean Fortescue's for a tasty treat? In the shop just to meet and greet with friends? Either way, you'll probably be looking for a place to sit down. Lining one of the walls of the parlour and mounted to the floor, are ten padded, white-leathered booth seats with chairs on the oppose side. Each chair has the ability to turn around and around, so be careful when seated, or else you just might spin yourself out of control!

If you're here with a crowd of friends or hoping for some company soon, you'll need to choose one of the many padded, white-leathered booths spread throughout the parlour. At each table, you'll find a menu showcasing all the tasty flavours available at Florean Fortescue's. A napkin dispenser can also be found at every table, just in case you have to clean up any ice cream accidents that do tend to happen.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:31 AM   #26 (permalink)



DMC & DMGS
Dwarf
 
Anna Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35,221

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Presley Victoria Stark
Fifth Year

x1
Default
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate ❤

Text Cut: Lissy Longbottom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
"Not much," Nettie said with a smile as she took a seat across from her. "Just relaxing after quidditch practice," she explained. She wondered if her athletic leggings and athletic top made that obvious, or if the older girl just thought she liked wearing workout clothes. Which WERE super comfy, by the way.

"How has your summer been so far?" she asked her. She felt like it was a given that it was better than HER summer, at least.


Hmm...come to think of it, Nettie did look like she was dressed for Quidditch. Torii nodded, thinking about how she'd once been really into Quodpot, but Quidditch hadn't interested her when she'd gotten to Hogwarts. Oh, well. "Sounds fun," she commented anyway. Torii wished she had a way to hang out with her Hogwarts friends over the summer. She techically was doing that now, but it'd taken all summer to get to this point.

"It's been...alright," she said. She wondered if Nettie knew her parents had died a year ago. She wondered if Nettie knew that Torii just went home to an aunt and uncle she barely even knew. She smiled. "I'm just ready to get back to Hogwarts. I've missed everybody. So how's your summer been?"
__________________
Feeling cute..._________________________________

_____________________...might earn some points later. idk.
Anna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:40 AM   #27 (permalink)
Moderator
4 Privet Drive Mod


DMC & DMLE
Thestral
 
MunchyBubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Haven ♥
Posts: 81,297

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kamryn Sophia Keighley
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Magical Creatures
Default
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | "I don't wike it" | SING FOR ME | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
He chuckled, "That makes me feel better. I swore you looked so familiar." he couldn't imagine how foolish he would have looked had she not. He wasn't as familiar with some of the Hufflepuff students but he recognized familiar faces. "I'm a soon to be sixth year too."

Then his smile faltered a bit, she knew him. Woah he felt so terrible now that he didn't remember her. "Oh yeah I'm the captain." he shrugged, "I'm Patrick." He trailed off hoping that she would fill him in on her name.
Kamryn smiled widely at him and nodded. “Mmmm, well I’m glad I can help you feel better. ” She said softly, really it was her mission in life. As long as her friends were okay, that’s all that mattered to her.

“Oh! So we are in the same year then, that’s fun. How do you think you did on your OWLs? ” She asked curiously. It was always an interesting topic to bring up.. especially with fellow fifth years as they all had the same experience to go through.

“It’s nice to finally meet you Patrick. I’m Kamryn, Kamryn Keighley. ” She said as she grinned at him.
__________________
For my whole life, we never crossed that line, only friends in my mind.

But now I realize, it was always you. Can’t believe I could not see it all this time.
MunchyBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:01 AM   #28 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Newbie & Fanfiction Mod



DoM & MO
Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,192

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fourth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
Natalie had actually been rather delighted to receive his invitation. Any time Derf wanted to be with her was further confirmation that he didn't actually hate her (even though she still believed he had every right to and was still slightly bewildered that he didn't). She had been in a good mood for the last good while, especially now that it was summer time and she was able to wear something other than her Hogwarts robes.

Sporting her new summer hair cut and some of her favorite denim shorts, Natalie made her way down Diagon Alley in search of her favorite blonde mop. Peering inside the window of the ice cream shop, she spotted him and smiled.

Once she was inside, she made her way over to the table where he was sitting. "You remembered," she said proudly as she sat down across the table from him, inspecting the bowl of strawberry ice cream he had gotten for her.
If there was any one he hated between the two of them it was himself for, you know, not being a better version of himself during the whole...sage that had been their relationship of sorts at Hogwarts. He wouldn't entirely say that everything felt normal and good, but they felt better and better implied progress and and progress was a very good thing.

He would have stood and hugged her when she approached, but she was sitting before he really had a chance to do so. So he would settle for smiling softly at her instead. He could get a hug later perhaps. "Of course," he said easily. He remembered a lot of things. "You look well. I'm glad."
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:39 AM   #29 (permalink)



DMGS
Hinkypunk
 
siriusblackliveson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: (EST)
Posts: 12,268

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Victoria Martin
Madam Malkin's
Default
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
Kamryn smiled widely at him and nodded. “Mmmm, well I’m glad I can help you feel better. ” She said softly, really it was her mission in life. As long as her friends were okay, that’s all that mattered to her.

“Oh! So we are in the same year then, that’s fun. How do you think you did on your OWLs? ” She asked curiously. It was always an interesting topic to bring up.. especially with fellow fifth years as they all had the same experience to go through.

“It’s nice to finally meet you Patrick. I’m Kamryn, Kamryn Keighley. ” She said as she grinned at him.
Hearing her statement softly made he smiled broader. He really hoped he was looking friendly and not creepy. Creepy is never an okay look on anyone. His heart fell as he heard her question about owls. Oh boy, he had been avoiding that envelope, which his parents hadn't found yet. "Mine arrived last week when I was at my grandparents... haven't really had the heart to look" he scratched the back of his head nervously.

Placing his hand back in his lap Patrick made eye contact with her, "How did yours go?" he had hoped that all of his friends and honestly that the whole fifth year passed them. Had anyone at hogwarts ever had to repeat a year because they failed their OWLs? Oh god was he going to be the first one?

Smiling back at her name, "Yes it is absolutely superb to finally meet you Kamryn." Superb Patrick....really? He really needed to stop watching those old time muggle movies with his muggle friends. Soon he'd start using whippersnapper in normal conversation.
__________________
siriusblackliveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:53 AM   #30 (permalink)






MO & DMLE
Hinkypunk
 
sarahlooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rohan
Posts: 12,173

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Pierson Fuller-Thompson
Graduated

x3 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
January Bones
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Evangeline Shacklebolt
Law Enforcement
Default
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

If there was any one he hated between the two of them it was himself for, you know, not being a better version of himself during the whole...sage that had been their relationship of sorts at Hogwarts. He wouldn't entirely say that everything felt normal and good, but they felt better and better implied progress and and progress was a very good thing.

He would have stood and hugged her when she approached, but she was sitting before he really had a chance to do so. So he would settle for smiling softly at her instead. He could get a hug later perhaps. "Of course," he said easily. He remembered a lot of things. "You look well. I'm glad."
That was something Natalie hated about it too - her own faults during the... relationship stacked up high in her mind. In her mind, Derf did little to no wrong. But he had also insisted that he was okay and that they should move on, so that was what she was trying to do. Move past it and continue as friends - as they were always meant to be.

With another smile, Natalie pulled the bowl of strawberry ice cream towards her. "You look well, too." He was now seeing Chloe, of course, which made complete sense. And they were cute together. Natalie took a bite of her ice cream.

"What's the first item on your adventure list, Mister Scamander?" Since, you know, he was probably a reincarnation of Newt Scamander and he apparently was going to do a whole bunch of cool stuff instead of go to University. She was a little envious.
__________________

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePierson
sarahlooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:11 AM   #31 (permalink)



DMGS & MO
Giant
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 55,322

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Trinetta Gladin
Fourth Year
x11 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Javi Hernandez
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Royland Gladin
Minister's Office
Default
☃ The four Cs ☃ || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mädchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post

Hmm...come to think of it, Nettie did look like she was dressed for Quidditch. Torii nodded, thinking about how she'd once been really into Quodpot, but Quidditch hadn't interested her when she'd gotten to Hogwarts. Oh, well. "Sounds fun," she commented anyway. Torii wished she had a way to hang out with her Hogwarts friends over the summer. She techically was doing that now, but it'd taken all summer to get to this point.

"It's been...alright," she said. She wondered if Nettie knew her parents had died a year ago. She wondered if Nettie knew that Torii just went home to an aunt and uncle she barely even knew. She smiled. "I'm just ready to get back to Hogwarts. I've missed everybody. So how's your summer been?"
"Me too. I thought I'd have more fun this summer but...I've found myself wanting to get back to school too," Nettie admitted with a small sigh. She didn't want to bother the girl with her family drama - or anyone for that matter. "I've missed all my friends too. And hopefully this term, no mutants!" she joked with a chuckle.

"How is it here during the summer? I mean, compared to your old home?" she asked out of curiosity. Nettie could tell from the accent that she was obviously not from around here. She kept hearing from all the American transfers that London was gloomy. It WAS, but France hadn't been much better honestly.
__________________
I don't really know what I'm heading for______________________________________

________________________________________I just wanna cruise the wild with you
Lissy Longbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:32 AM   #32 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DMC
Gnome
 
Granger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Among the stars
Posts: 368

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stella Starson
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bryson Addams
Magical Creatures
Default For Eva! <3 (Nordic Witch)
Loveable Gryffinpuff| Stella Bella

A third year.... she was a third year!

Where did the time go, just seems like yesterday she was a first year get her new wand and everything. It was crazy how fast it was going by, but Phoenix did tell her after the first year it's going to go by fast, she just didn't think this quickly. Honestly it was scaring her quite a bit, she felt like her childhood was slipping away. Although on a bright note, her now teenage self is happy that she has a boyfriend now even if its her best friend Oceanus, with him by her side she could do anything. Smiling at how awesome her summer been, she knew it'll be even better once they go back to Hogwarts.


Although all worries and doubts were pushed aside as shd walked into the icecream shop and ordered two scoops of mint chocolate chip icecream. Her sky blue eyes wondering around, she seen a empty table before she quickly sat down licking her ice cream happily her school supplies in the chair next to her and under her feet. There was no way she was eating outside in this heat, it was already killing her and making it hard to breathe, then again she forgot to take her potions for her asthma being inca rush this morning. Taking her inhaler out she shook it before taking a couple of puffs of it before setting it back in her bag. Waiting a bit for it to kick in she happily went back to her ice cream as if nothing happened.

Looking down at her list she checked off everything that she gotten. She gotten quite a bit, all she needed to get was her robe and she'll be done, but those could wait until her taste buds were satisfied. She swears she could live on chocolate and sweets seeing how she ate them so much, she was the sugar queen. Humming to herself she looked around for any of her friends and her boyfriend and sighed sadly, she missed them although she knew that they all had lives beside her.
__________________
People say, play it safe but I don't wanna live that way

Take a chance, change the game let's show 'em that we're not afraid!
Granger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:20 AM   #33 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DERP
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 6,905

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxie B. Anderson-Belfort
Second Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
Default Sarah
this member will self-destruct in 3... 2... 1... 💥💥 nickleback 💥💥

Quentin Alvey was very fond of Florean's. It was a staple in the summers of his childhood, sometimes as a reward for receiving greater heights un school, and sometimes just because. Now that the 22-year-old thought about it, he couldn't recall the last time he'd come here. Was it the summer before he'd left for Mumbai? The spring of '97 after his first ever A? Or perhaps it was the day his father had asked him along, hoping for a rekindling that have never quite happened.

The Son of Durmstrang allowed these memories to wash over him while he sat- his table the one closest to the window so he could enjoy the Alley without feeling that (for lack of a better word) brisk english air. He'd not dressed for the cold, you see- warming charms, he had insisted to himself, existed for a reason - but to impress and it certainly showed.

The impression he wanted to make on -He looked down at the parchment where he'd scribbled her name- Natalie McKinley was one of a consummate professional despite his age, his inexperience and the location he'd chosen for their first meeting. Which he most certainly didn't regret. Q idly cracked his knuckles, ignoring the very strong urge to check his watch- for while he had only been there a few minutes, the young man felt like it had been so much longer. He was impatient, you see. Ready, as it were to meet this person and decide whether or not they'd suit him and his jolly little shop.
__________________
don't leave
it's my fault.
nicole black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:58 AM   #34 (permalink)






MO & DMLE
Hinkypunk
 
sarahlooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rohan
Posts: 12,173

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Pierson Fuller-Thompson
Graduated

x3 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
January Bones
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Evangeline Shacklebolt
Law Enforcement
Default
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post
Quentin Alvey was very fond of Florean's. It was a staple in the summers of his childhood, sometimes as a reward for receiving greater heights un school, and sometimes just because. Now that the 22-year-old thought about it, he couldn't recall the last time he'd come here. Was it the summer before he'd left for Mumbai? The spring of '97 after his first ever A? Or perhaps it was the day his father had asked him along, hoping for a rekindling that have never quite happened.

The Son of Durmstrang allowed these memories to wash over him while he sat- his table the one closest to the window so he could enjoy the Alley without feeling that (for lack of a better word) brisk english air. He'd not dressed for the cold, you see- warming charms, he had insisted to himself, existed for a reason - but to impress and it certainly showed.

The impression he wanted to make on -He looked down at the parchment where he'd scribbled her name- Natalie McKinley was one of a consummate professional despite his age, his inexperience and the location he'd chosen for their first meeting. Which he most certainly didn't regret. Q idly cracked his knuckles, ignoring the very strong urge to check his watch- for while he had only been there a few minutes, the young man felt like it had been so much longer. He was impatient, you see. Ready, as it were to meet this person and decide whether or not they'd suit him and his jolly little shop.
Florean's was also a place of great memories for Natalie. She had met in this ice cream shop many times with dear friends. It was part of the reason Natalie had to keep reminding herself that was not a casual, friendly meeting, but an important, professional one. Her mum had been hounding her for months to get herself a job. It turned out that there WAS a limit on how much she could spend until her mum would cut her off. Yikes.

Regardless, Natalie did want a job. She wanted experience in her field - hands on work with the plants that she would be working with for the rest of her schooling, career, and... life. So when this opportunity presented itself, she jumped on it. It was much better than busing booths at a pub.

Natalie was a few minutes early. She hated being late. Nervously toying with a button on her blouse, Natalie approached the ice cream shop and saw a young man by himself. He was... remarkably young. Only a few years older than herself, she supposed. Was this the right bloke? After glancing around quickly and seeing no one else alone that could be the man she was looking for, Natalie approached him and timidly cleared her throat. "Quentin..?" she asked, offering a small smile in case it was him indeed. First impressions were important after all.
__________________

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePierson
sarahlooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:16 AM   #35 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DERP
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 6,905

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxie B. Anderson-Belfort
Second Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
Default late? me? always.
this member will self-destruct in 3... 2... 1... 💥💥 nickleback 💥💥

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post


Florean's was also a place of great memories for Natalie. She had met in this ice cream shop many times with dear friends. It was part of the reason Natalie had to keep reminding herself that was not a casual, friendly meeting, but an important, professional one. Her mum had been hounding her for months to get herself a job. It turned out that there WAS a limit on how much she could spend until her mum would cut her off. Yikes.

Regardless, Natalie did want a job. She wanted experience in her field - hands on work with the plants that she would be working with for the rest of her schooling, career, and... life. So when this opportunity presented itself, she jumped on it. It was much better than busing booths at a pub.

Natalie was a few minutes early. She hated being late. Nervously toying with a button on her blouse, Natalie approached the ice cream shop and saw a young man by himself. He was... remarkably young. Only a few years older than herself, she supposed. Was this the right bloke? After glancing around quickly and seeing no one else alone that could be the man she was looking for, Natalie approached him and timidly cleared her throat. "Quentin..?" she asked, offering a small smile in case it was him indeed. First impressions were important after all.

"Yes?" The young man began, before remembering himself. Quentin suddenly sat up, his back straighter than a rod. "Miss McKinley, yes?" He amended, rising up from his seat and offering the auburn-haired beauty his right hand to shake. Taken aback Quentin might have been, but his recoveries were always rather good- breeding and all. "Quentin Alvery, That's all me." Smoothly spoken in an accent that was english, with something avuncular about it, something untraceable unless you knew of someone who had attended Durmstrang.

Clean, certainly. There was a tidiness about Natalie's person which Quentin immediately favored, and something soft in her large eyes- something which screamed out to be trusted. Yes, that was all very good, perfect even for someone who would be working closely with plants and people. "I haven't ordered anything, figured I'd wait until you popped in." For more reasons than just being polite.
__________________
don't leave
it's my fault.
nicole black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:46 PM   #36 (permalink)






MO & DMLE
Hinkypunk
 
sarahlooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rohan
Posts: 12,173

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Pierson Fuller-Thompson
Graduated

x3 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
January Bones
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Evangeline Shacklebolt
Law Enforcement
Default
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post

"Yes?" The young man began, before remembering himself. Quentin suddenly sat up, his back straighter than a rod. "Miss McKinley, yes?" He amended, rising up from his seat and offering the auburn-haired beauty his right hand to shake. Taken aback Quentin might have been, but his recoveries were always rather good- breeding and all. "Quentin Alvery, That's all me." Smoothly spoken in an accent that was english, with something avuncular about it, something untraceable unless you knew of someone who had attended Durmstrang.

Clean, certainly. There was a tidiness about Natalie's person which Quentin immediately favored, and something soft in her large eyes- something which screamed out to be trusted. Yes, that was all very good, perfect even for someone who would be working closely with plants and people. "I haven't ordered anything, figured I'd wait until you popped in." For more reasons than just being polite.
Natalie paused nervously when the man replied with a simple "yes". She had expected a different reply - not a QUESTION, certainly. But her smile returned quickly when he straightened up and said her name. Okay, phew. All was well. Grinning a little, Nat nodded, glancing at the hand he offered. Though, his formality made her wish she had called him by his last name too... Crud. Did she already screw up? "Yes, that's me. Mr... Alvery." Was it too late to call him that? Regardless, Natalie grabbed onto his hand and gave it a gentle shake.

As for the accent, she was panicking inside too much to notice anything other than English. Her own accent was also questionable. Raised by an Irish mother and an American father, surrounded by the English. It was quite the mix.

Tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, Natalie was about to sit down when he mentioned that he had been waiting to order until she got in. "Oh," she said, hesitating by her chair. Did she sound dumb? "That's very kind of you." ........ Awkward pause. He was handsome, wasn't he? "Shall we go do that then? At the counter?" You know, where people ordered? Right? Merlin, it was hot in there, wasn't it?

Nerves. She was nervous.
__________________

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePierson
sarahlooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:31 AM   #37 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DERP
Mooncalf
 
nicole black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: betwixt
Posts: 6,905

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maxie B. Anderson-Belfort
Second Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
Default
this member will self-destruct in 3... 2... 1... 💥💥 nickleback 💥💥

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post


Natalie paused nervously when the man replied with a simple "yes". She had expected a different reply - not a QUESTION, certainly. But her smile returned quickly when he straightened up and said her name. Okay, phew. All was well. Grinning a little, Nat nodded, glancing at the hand he offered. Though, his formality made her wish she had called him by his last name too... Crud. Did she already screw up? "Yes, that's me. Mr... Alvery." Was it too late to call him that? Regardless, Natalie grabbed onto his hand and gave it a gentle shake.

As for the accent, she was panicking inside too much to notice anything other than English. Her own accent was also questionable. Raised by an Irish mother and an American father, surrounded by the English. It was quite the mix.

Tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, Natalie was about to sit down when he mentioned that he had been waiting to order until she got in. "Oh," she said, hesitating by her chair. Did she sound dumb? "That's very kind of you." ........ Awkward pause. He was handsome, wasn't he? "Shall we go do that then? At the counter?" You know, where people ordered? Right? Merlin, it was hot in there, wasn't it?

Nerves. She was nervous.

Q grimaced as the young woman mixed up his name- he was not offended by any means- but this was about to make the already slightly uncomfortable introduction into a properly uncomfortable introduction. "It's Alvey, miss McKinley... An honest mistake." the son of Durm said, gently correcting her. His smile, from then on, was quite apologetic as if he had been the one to make the mistake. Smoothly, Q ran his well-manicured fingers through his jet-black hair and rose from his seat, leaving behind his jacket.

"To be fair," He began levelly, grinning a little. "It worked out in my favor as well.. A grown man eating ice cream alone is a bit of a sad sight, wouldn't you agree?" Q finished, his dark eyes flashing with mischief- but only for a moment, for in the next he was right back to his more business like posture. "Absolutely. After you." He gestured forward, stepping back to give Natalie enough space to walk toward the counter.
__________________
don't leave
it's my fault.
nicole black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:48 AM   #38 (permalink)






MO & DMLE
Hinkypunk
 
sarahlooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rohan
Posts: 12,173

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Pierson Fuller-Thompson
Graduated

x3 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
January Bones
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Evangeline Shacklebolt
Law Enforcement
Default
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post

Q grimaced as the young woman mixed up his name- he was not offended by any means- but this was about to make the already slightly uncomfortable introduction into a properly uncomfortable introduction. "It's Alvey, miss McKinley... An honest mistake." the son of Durm said, gently correcting her. His smile, from then on, was quite apologetic as if he had been the one to make the mistake. Smoothly, Q ran his well-manicured fingers through his jet-black hair and rose from his seat, leaving behind his jacket.

"To be fair," He began levelly, grinning a little. "It worked out in my favor as well.. A grown man eating ice cream alone is a bit of a sad sight, wouldn't you agree?" Q finished, his dark eyes flashing with mischief- but only for a moment, for in the next he was right back to his more business like posture. "Absolutely. After you." He gestured forward, stepping back to give Natalie enough space to walk toward the counter.
Well, this was awkward. And it showed on Natalie's face how nervous and embarrassed she was. She just called a potential employer by the wrong name. The former Slytherin grimaced too, letting out an embarrassed laugh, her face turning redder by the second. "Sorry..."

She appreciated the lightness of a joke, though, and her nerves eased a little. She was still red, though.

Natalie nodded appreciatively when he gestured her forward and she made her way to the counter. Her inner awkwardness returned when she realized that a long moment had passed where she hadn't actually said anything to him besides an embarrassed apology for calling him by the wrong name and that she should perhaps actually say something.

After paying for her cup of strawberry ice cream, Natalie stepped aside so he could place an order too. "I always tell myself I'm going to try a new flavor," she said, by way of small talk. "But I always back out last second and get strawberry." It was her favorite, okay?
__________________

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePierson
sarahlooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:38 AM   #39 (permalink)
Hufflepuff


MO & DIMC
Bugbear
 
QueenGinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dauntless
Posts: 31,803

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rhett A. Burke
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Wallace Crum

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Bird
Default
Forever Hufflepuff | | Always.

It was Wednesday, which meant Wallace was once again sitting at Florean Fortescues with vanilla ice cream with a mountain of gummy bears. He chuckled to himself at his choice this week, wondering if he could have crammed any more gummy bears in the ice cream dish. Wallace carefully began to pick gummy bears out and started munching on them as he pondered his new life in London.

It was a different world than he remembered when he was in school. Once he moved to the United States for his career and met his Margo, London was in the back of his mind. It looked different than it did all those years ago. Smelled different too, but Wallace couldn't quite pinpoint what the smell was.

Munching on more of the gummy bears Wallace remembered his daughter Gloria's birthday was approaching in a few weeks time. He needed to shop for her and find the perfect gift. As much as he struggled every year to find the perfect gift for her, Gloria seemed to always be so thrilled with his selection.
__________________
QueenGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:45 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189