sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 329 users online including...
Krel Ansell , DuckyLinJi , saamasakikitt , Magical Soul , fahufanamich

6 members
323 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Seventh Floor > Divination


Divination Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond? Grab your crystal ball and head to Divination!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2021, 01:11 PM
Bazinga Bazinga is offline
 
Default Divination Lesson Two

An evening class was different for Divination, when Meda enjoyed the early afternoon time slot, but this lesson needed the perfect atmosphere and the astronomy tower after dark was exactly what they needed, plus the vines were on her last nerve in her Divination tower and this spot seemed a little more open.

Seats are set up around the tower for all students to be able to see the sky and to see the professor. As students enter they can see that a board is lit in the front telling students to pick a seat and open their minds for the lesson to begin. Meda is at the front of the room looking up at the sky.

Lesson Progress
Hello All
Mini Activity
What did you see?
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,444

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

This was certainly a change.

This was Claudine’s thought as she made her way to the Astronomy Tower. Still, it was a nice change. Unless the vines had completely taken over the Tower, then it was a good place that provided a bit more space.

“Good evening, professor.” The seventh year nodded at the woman then selected a seat. Open her mind? She eyed the board. This usually was something she found difficult to do when it came to this particular subject.
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 01:51 PM   #3 (permalink)




DMC & DMT
Ramora
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 5,053

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Darius Flynn Potter II
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Kingston Creighton Dolph
Transportation
x8 x7
Default
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •


Darius liked the new scenery for the lesson, being able to see the night sky was nice and pleasant to him as he headed to the Astronomy Tower. There was hopefully less of a chance to witness the vines as he arrived with some others.

"Good evening, Professor... it's a nice night out," Darius said, before taking a spot to enjoy and open his mind as the board requested.
__________________


Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,399

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

Divination at night was certainly a new thing, but Violet was glad. She always enjoyed night classes (certainly better than early morning events!). Violet felt at her best at night, when other people were growing tired, and she hoped that maybe this would help her in a class in which she seldom excelled.

"Good evening, professor," she murmured, not sure if the woman had heard her. Violet found a place as she absently read the directions on the glowing board. Open her mind?!? What in heaven and earth did that mean?! Sighing, she sat down and looked up at the sky, not sure what she was supposed to be doing at all.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 12:37 AM   #5 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,663

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Night time in the astronomy tower was always a good time. Even if it was odd it was for Divination. Reaching where the Professor and peers were already gathering, he offered a head nod at Professor Euka, "Good evening, Professor." With pleasantries out of the way, he made his way to an open seat before getting settled.

... Did Astrology have anything to do with Divination? Was that why they were up here?
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 05:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,095

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

This was nice. Val really wasn't the biggest fan of night lessons - especially when they had morning lessons the next day but this was a pleasant change of scenery. There weren't many vines around, too. "Hello, professor."

She picked a seat and sat down, looking at the board curiously. Open their minds??
__________________
Lady of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Book Club Mod




MO & DMT
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,753

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Euka
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Fifth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Anna Marie Howard
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

She had known she had changed the time of the lesson on short notice today, but she hoped more students would be around soon. Checking her watch she figured she'd give a few more moments. Maybe some went to her tower first by mistake.

SPOILER!!: Greatings
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
This was certainly a change.

This was Claudine’s thought as she made her way to the Astronomy Tower. Still, it was a nice change. Unless the vines had completely taken over the Tower, then it was a good place that provided a bit more space.

“Good evening, professor.” The seventh year nodded at the woman then selected a seat. Open her mind? She eyed the board. This usually was something she found difficult to do when it came to this particular subject.
"Good evening, so glad you had come this evening." She glanced at the sky again with a little worry, but excitement as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Darius liked the new scenery for the lesson, being able to see the night sky was nice and pleasant to him as he headed to the Astronomy Tower. There was hopefully less of a chance to witness the vines as he arrived with some others.

"Good evening, Professor... it's a nice night out," Darius said, before taking a spot to enjoy and open his mind as the board requested.
"It will be a wonderful night for this lesson." She grinned as she thought about how the evening would go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Divination at night was certainly a new thing, but Violet was glad. She always enjoyed night classes (certainly better than early morning events!). Violet felt at her best at night, when other people were growing tired, and she hoped that maybe this would help her in a class in which she seldom excelled.

"Good evening, professor," she murmured, not sure if the woman had heard her. Violet found a place as she absently read the directions on the glowing board. Open her mind?!? What in heaven and earth did that mean?! Sighing, she sat down and looked up at the sky, not sure what she was supposed to be doing at all.
"Good evening, welcome, so glad you have come."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Night time in the astronomy tower was always a good time. Even if it was odd it was for Divination. Reaching where the Professor and peers were already gathering, he offered a head nod at Professor Euka, "Good evening, Professor." With pleasantries out of the way, he made his way to an open seat before getting settled.

... Did Astrology have anything to do with Divination? Was that why they were up here?
"Hello Evan, I hope you are doing well this evening."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
This was nice. Val really wasn't the biggest fan of night lessons - especially when they had morning lessons the next day but this was a pleasant change of scenery. There weren't many vines around, too. "Hello, professor."

She picked a seat and sat down, looking at the board curiously. Open their minds??
"Good evening, welcome"



Glancing at her watch again she decided it was time to start the lesson and as if on que the sound of thunder off in the distance started to rumble. "Good evening everyone. Thank you for coming to a last minute switch lesson, but as I had warned earlier that I needed to perfect weather for this and wanted to find when nature did it instead of magic. Too many times with Divination I have to manipulate with magic or objects do to time or space, so it is nice to actually get to experience the real authentic ways once in awhile."

It did not make the lesson any less, but it did help having the real thing present at the time. "Now, just so we are all aware of our surroundings, you do have some raincoats under your chairs if you would need them. Books that could be ruined are probably best left in bags for this lesson, I will put any information you need up here. You may use a protection spell on your parchment if you are needing to take any notes."

She looked up at the sky and pointed, "What do you think we are studying tonight?"
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 09:08 PM   #8 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,399

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

What were they doing here? Violet often wondered that in Divination Class. She usually had no idea, but ventured a wild guess--"Astrology?"
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 09:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,911

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

The unexpected switch from an early afternoon class to an evening class had been a surprise to the Hufflepuff. And at first, he felt upset with the sudden change but accepted it quickly after understanding that it was out of his control when Professors decided to change the time to teach them. She must have had a pretty good reason for it. One he was hearing as he was busy placing his books back inside of his bag. He did not want them to get wet when it started to rain.

Glancing up at the sky as Professor Euka pointed at it, Daniel thought for a quick moment. What was a form of Divination that required the evening sky and rain?

".........Rain Divination?" even he didn't sound sure of himself and he usually was. Divination, like Flying, was not his favoured class.
__________________
DuckyLinJi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 10:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,444

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Though Divination one of her best subjects, Claudine wa shappy to be here. Rest assured about that, professor. The seventh year sat back as Euka began and was immediately curious about today’s topic. She cast her mind around in an attempt to figure it out.

Raincoats? Protective spells? Interesting. She glanced at Daniel and Violet. Astrology, maybe. Rain Divination? Was it really going to rain on this fine evening? Her hand went up. “Um… night sky Divination?’’ came her guess. That’s right, folks. It was a pure guess.
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 03:40 AM   #11 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,663

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Truthfully Evan did not know enough of the types of divination to offer any real guess on what they might have been studying. But as his classmates were shooting their shot, while truthfully seeming just as clueless as himself, he decided it didn't hurt to try to contribute to the discussion as well. Evan raised his hand and waited to be called on. "Lightning and thunder patterns?"

It seemed more like a meteorology type of subject, but if they could come up with predictions using tea dredges... he could imagine something could be determined from the time it took between thunder claps and lightning strikes. Besides, that would make sense why they'd had to wait for a specific time, right?

Which speaking of, he went ahead and packed away his book and charmed a sheet of parchment for his notes. The rain poncho was also pulled closer, just in case.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 05:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod



DIMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,908

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Student Character:
Heathcliff E. Jones
Seventh Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation
Default Been here the whole time! ^_^
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Unusual time and place for a divination lesson, was Heath’s first thought upon entering the astronomy tower. He’d said hello to Professor Euka on arrival and taken a seat near Claudine, greeting her with a smile and a quiet “hi”. He glanced up, transfixed by the night sky. Merlin, it was going to be hard to remember that this was divination and not astronomy, let alone pay attention!

Finally jerked out of his thoughts as the lesson began, Heath reluctantly tore his eyes from the sky and looked to the professor. Wait, raincoats under the desks? Books getting ruined? Protection spells on parchment? HIs eyes momentarily flicked toward the sky. Was Professor Euka expecting a sudden downpour? Just in case, he cast a nonverbal Impervius on his parchment. He blinked, unsure what to make of the question. His initial thoughts turned to stars, but that didn’t make sense. If that were the case, this lesson could’ve taken place any evening.

Then he remembered she’d mentioned needing perfect weather - probably rain, if the coats were any indication. Maybe something to do with the way rain droplets fell. Was that a form of divination? That didn’t quite make sense either! Then why would the lesson need to take place in the evening specifically? Completely stumped, he kept quiet for now.
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:03 AM   #13 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,095

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

Rain divination? Valentina didn't know it was even a thing. But, she felt like she didn't know most things when it came to divination soooo anyway. She pulled out her raincoat because it seemed like it was going to rain soonish.

"Something related to thunder maybe?" Like Evan said. So, were they going to be learning in the pouring rain? Interestiiing.
__________________
Lady of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 01:12 PM   #14 (permalink)




DMC & DMT
Ramora
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 5,053

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Darius Flynn Potter II
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Kingston Creighton Dolph
Transportation
x8 x7
Default
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •


Darius looked around at the first question asked, it was hard to tell exactly everyone's reactions but the uncertainty in the others' guesses comforted him in that he had no idea what they would be working with today.

She did mention rain... should I conjure up an umbrella? Darius looked up not quite seeing any signs of rain at the moment. Rather than guess, he kept his head up at the sky and remained quiet for now.
__________________


Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Gryffindor
DR Stalker
Snidget
 
dans_grl431's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: District 12
Posts: 2,607

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bonnie Ness
First Year
Default
Dan's 431st grlfrnd

Bonnie glanced up at the night sky an evening class, how exciting. Wait what was that? Raincoats under seats and protection charms on parchment? Bonnie hated the rain, infact despised would be a better word. She ducked under her chair and grabbed the raincoat, hastily shoving it on - no way was she getting wet.

She looked around at her classmates and decided to follow suit, casting a charm on her parchment ready for taking notes. Her head darted here and there listening to the suggestions of her classmates. Divination, outside, at night, in the rain. What could they possibly be doing?

Bonnie nervously raised her hand "Is it something to do with the rain, perhaps how fast the drops are falling?"

Hearing the words come out, she began to blush. Of course it's not, we could do that in a lesson during the day. She slowly tried to shrink down in her chair.
__________________
why is it always you three?
dans_grl431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:10 PM   #16 (permalink)


DMLE & DIMC
Ramora
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 5,552

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lydia Anni Wolff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Whitney Jo Quartermaine
International Cooperation
x7 x4
Default
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter| U-NA-GI

Would've been nice to know that they were going to need raincoats beforehand, so she could've brought her own but okay. As for what they were going to study? Well, the mention of raincoats and needing the perfect weather made it pretty obvious, didn't it? "Definitely some type of divination having to do with rain," Dia replied with her hand in the air. There was such a thing, right?
__________________
lazykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod


DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #c21e56
Posts: 13,013

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Needing to put protection spells on their parchment was just a good excuse for Kinsay to opt against taking notes. She didn't like divination anyway and it was pretty easy stuff to remember. Plus, she never really took notes on regular days either. Usually she just ended up doodling in the margins... And sometimes not-the-margins. What? It was hard to find time to draw during the day. She had to use whatever chance she got.

She also chose not to use the raincoat under her desk. If it was going to rain, then she'd like to jump around in the puddles without protection. It was only fair. Y'know what wasn't fair though? When professors would ask questions like 'what do you think we're studying today?' Because they were just going to say what it was anyway and usually they were always soooo secretive when you try to guess before a lesson begins.

So because Kins didn't see the point of the question, she chose not to answer. As an act of defiance. Or maybe because she was thinking about jumping in rain puddles.


__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 03:14 AM   #18 (permalink)

Book Club Mod




MO & DMT
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,753

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Euka
Graduated

Student Character:
Gemma Kitridge
Fifth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Anna Marie Howard
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Meda was looking up again as another rumble of thunder echoed in the sky, she glanced around pointing at students as they rose their hands;

SPOILER!!: Answers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
What were they doing here? Violet often wondered that in Divination Class. She usually had no idea, but ventured a wild guess--"Astrology?"
"That is a great thought, but not what we will be doing this evening. Maybe another day though, because that is a great thing to explore."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
The unexpected switch from an early afternoon class to an evening class had been a surprise to the Hufflepuff. And at first, he felt upset with the sudden change but accepted it quickly after understanding that it was out of his control when Professors decided to change the time to teach them. She must have had a pretty good reason for it. One he was hearing as he was busy placing his books back inside of his bag. He did not want them to get wet when it started to rain.

Glancing up at the sky as Professor Euka pointed at it, Daniel thought for a quick moment. What was a form of Divination that required the evening sky and rain?

".........Rain Divination?" even he didn't sound sure of himself and he usually was. Divination, like Flying, was not his favoured class.
"You are getting close, it is something to do with rain, but not specifically rain for this evening."

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Though Divination one of her best subjects, Claudine wa shappy to be here. Rest assured about that, professor. The seventh year sat back as Euka began and was immediately curious about today’s topic. She cast her mind around in an attempt to figure it out.

Raincoats? Protective spells? Interesting. She glanced at Daniel and Violet. Astrology, maybe. Rain Divination? Was it really going to rain on this fine evening? Her hand went up. “Um… night sky Divination?’’ came her guess. That’s right, folks. It was a pure guess.
"We will be glancing at the sky, though not to look directly at the sky, but what is happening in it. The evening is just a better time to really see what we will be looking at."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Truthfully Evan did not know enough of the types of divination to offer any real guess on what they might have been studying. But as his classmates were shooting their shot, while truthfully seeming just as clueless as himself, he decided it didn't hurt to try to contribute to the discussion as well. Evan raised his hand and waited to be called on. "Lightning and thunder patterns?"

It seemed more like a meteorology type of subject, but if they could come up with predictions using tea dredges... he could imagine something could be determined from the time it took between thunder claps and lightning strikes. Besides, that would make sense why they'd had to wait for a specific time, right?

Which speaking of, he went ahead and packed away his book and charmed a sheet of parchment for his notes. The rain poncho was also pulled closer, just in case.
"Very good! We will be looking at specifically lightening and thunder!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Unusual time and place for a divination lesson, was Heath’s first thought upon entering the astronomy tower. He’d said hello to Professor Euka on arrival and taken a seat near Claudine, greeting her with a smile and a quiet “hi”. He glanced up, transfixed by the night sky. Merlin, it was going to be hard to remember that this was divination and not astronomy, let alone pay attention!

Finally jerked out of his thoughts as the lesson began, Heath reluctantly tore his eyes from the sky and looked to the professor. Wait, raincoats under the desks? Books getting ruined? Protection spells on parchment? HIs eyes momentarily flicked toward the sky. Was Professor Euka expecting a sudden downpour? Just in case, he cast a nonverbal Impervius on his parchment. He blinked, unsure what to make of the question. His initial thoughts turned to stars, but that didn’t make sense. If that were the case, this lesson could’ve taken place any evening.

Then he remembered she’d mentioned needing perfect weather - probably rain, if the coats were any indication. Maybe something to do with the way rain droplets fell. Was that a form of divination? That didn’t quite make sense either! Then why would the lesson need to take place in the evening specifically? Completely stumped, he kept quiet for now.
She moved around the room just as the rain started to lightly come down. Not getting people wet, yet, but just a sprinkle here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Rain divination? Valentina didn't know it was even a thing. But, she felt like she didn't know most things when it came to divination soooo anyway. She pulled out her raincoat because it seemed like it was going to rain soonish.

"Something related to thunder maybe?" Like Evan said. So, were they going to be learning in the pouring rain? Interestiiing.
"Very good, yes it is to do with thunder"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Darius looked around at the first question asked, it was hard to tell exactly everyone's reactions but the uncertainty in the others' guesses comforted him in that he had no idea what they would be working with today.

She did mention rain... should I conjure up an umbrella? Darius looked up not quite seeing any signs of rain at the moment. Rather than guess, he kept his head up at the sky and remained quiet for now.
Glancing around she took note of another child being quiet and looking around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dans_grl431 View Post
Bonnie glanced up at the night sky an evening class, how exciting. Wait what was that? Raincoats under seats and protection charms on parchment? Bonnie hated the rain, infact despised would be a better word. She ducked under her chair and grabbed the raincoat, hastily shoving it on - no way was she getting wet.

She looked around at her classmates and decided to follow suit, casting a charm on her parchment ready for taking notes. Her head darted here and there listening to the suggestions of her classmates. Divination, outside, at night, in the rain. What could they possibly be doing?

Bonnie nervously raised her hand "Is it something to do with the rain, perhaps how fast the drops are falling?"

Hearing the words come out, she began to blush. Of course it's not, we could do that in a lesson during the day. She slowly tried to shrink down in her chair.
"There will be rain, but we won't be looking at the rain for this evening."

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Would've been nice to know that they were going to need raincoats beforehand, so she could've brought her own but okay. As for what they were going to study? Well, the mention of raincoats and needing the perfect weather made it pretty obvious, didn't it? "Definitely some type of divination having to do with rain," Dia replied with her hand in the air. There was such a thing, right?
"Rain does come with this, but we won't be reading the rain this evening."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Needing to put protection spells on their parchment was just a good excuse for Kinsay to opt against taking notes. She didn't like divination anyway and it was pretty easy stuff to remember. Plus, she never really took notes on regular days either. Usually she just ended up doodling in the margins... And sometimes not-the-margins. What? It was hard to find time to draw during the day. She had to use whatever chance she got.

She also chose not to use the raincoat under her desk. If it was going to rain, then she'd like to jump around in the puddles without protection. It was only fair. Y'know what wasn't fair though? When professors would ask questions like 'what do you think we're studying today?' Because they were just going to say what it was anyway and usually they were always soooo secretive when you try to guess before a lesson begins.

So because Kins didn't see the point of the question, she chose not to answer. As an act of defiance. Or maybe because she was thinking about jumping in rain puddles.


As she looked around and noticed all the others staying quiet Meda decided she needed to move on the lesson.


"Everyone had great guesses and many were very close. We will be working with the weather this evening, which is why we are here right now while the storm is coming in. It isn't supposed to be a bad storm, but perfect for observing the lightning and thunder." The rain started to come in a light stream as she continued to talk.

"The form we will be using this evening is ceraunoscopy and it is the form of Divination that reads thunder and lighting. What I would like you to do first is just observe the storm. Take note on the thunder sounds and what the lightning looks like. I'm going to give you time, you can walk around the tower and observe the storm where you would like. Weather is a beautiful thing and can talk to us in so many ways."


**So sorry for the delay, we had a family emergency that ended up in the hospital yesterday. I should be back on track now, so for a mini activity please have your character observe the sky, I will be posting the narrator for some patterns soon.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 03:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,408

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

As the class was discussing the storm was coming closer, thunder was getting louder and a few booms could be felt vibrating the area. As the rain picked up, the lightning started darting across the sky. A long think bolt first then another that looked as if it was zig zagging straight for a tree.
__________________
The Narrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 04:15 PM   #20 (permalink)




DMC & DMT
Ramora
 
Charely Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blue (EST)
Posts: 5,053

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Darius Flynn Potter II
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Kingston Creighton Dolph
Transportation
x8 x7
Default
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •


Thunder and Lightning, okay, then it probably would have been risky holding a metal-like umbrella in the middle of a storm. Reaching under the seat for the raincoat, he dawned it on just as the thunder clapped over the sky.

Hey... that made a zig zag shape by the tree, Darius thought after witnessing it. Getting up with his notebook and quill, he quickly performed a protection charm over it so he could jot it down. Now what was next to show up? Maybe he could check out the tree the shape appeared by. So with that he cautiously walked over to get a closer look.
__________________



Last edited by Charely Potter; 11-26-2021 at 08:24 PM.
Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:41 PM   #21 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,399

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

Violet didn't like thunderstorms; they made her nervous. She couldn't sleep if there was one outside, but sat huddled under her bedcovers reciting potion recipes to herself to calm herself until the storm passed. Now, up here in the tower, practically right next to the storm, she felt like she was about to jump out of her skin.

She did actually physically jump at the sound of a particularly loud thunderclap drawing close, following on the heels of what looked like a giant bolt of lightning, headed straight for a tree. She was so startled that she didn't really notice what the lightning really looked like--obviously she was not going to be very good at this particular form of divination (though she was not very good at any of them, so no surprise there). She felt a prick of worry for the tree, though, and hoped the lightning wouldn't blast it (and in the back of her mind, she rather hoped the storm might blast away a few of the dangerous vines on campus)
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 10:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,444

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Okay. So not the sky exactly. They were actually going to be focusing on the rain and thunder. This was going to be interesting, and Claudine hoped that there would be some great predictions written for her. As for observing the two elements, she could manage that. Grabbing a pen and her Deviation notebook, she got to work.

Rather than stay in her seat, the seventh year moved to a spot which she thought would offer the best view. What fascinated her were the bolts of lightning. It occurred to her that she had rarely spent time looking at them. Claudine alternated her attention between the bolts and her book, observing and making notes.
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:28 AM   #23 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,408

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

The thunder rumbled low for a few seconds before the sky opened up and the rain started to come down harder soaking everything in it's path. Everything goes silent for a few moments and it seems maybe the storm is going to pass when a loud crack of thunder echoed and a thick straight lightening bolt went across the sky.
__________________
The Narrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,911

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Daniel had been a bit disappointed when his answer had not been the correct one and that they weren't going to be studying about rain today but about the patterns of lightning and thunder.

When the Hufflepuff had heard thunder for the first time in his life, he had run to the head maid for protection. He remembered that he had wanted his mother to console him but she had been at work at that time. But after being convinced that he was safe, Daniel hadn't felt frightened of the thunder anymore.

The loud noises it made was something else. But he wasn't afraid of that either he only felt uneasy hearing them.

After casting a spell that would keep his notebook dry, he knew that casting it on himself would be dangerous. Especially since his wand had a mind on its own from time to time. Look at him learning from past mistakes!

While Daniel was busy putting on his raincoat, he had missed the zig-zag bolt of thunder going straight for a tree and when he had zipped up the raincoat he began to walk around with his notebook and pen in hand. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to be jotting down but at least he looked like he knew what he was doing. As everything went silent for a few moments, Daniel looked up at the sky and then jumped a little when a loud crack of thunder echoed through the sky.

He did not like that. Was this even a safe thing to do? What if the lightning hit someone in the class? Or more importantly, him?!
__________________
DuckyLinJi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,444

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Surely with all the thunder rain would be right behind.

The thought had barely crossed her mind before the shower started. There was no surprise on her part as the rain fell even more. Claudine thought that it all looked so pretty. Nature certainly had a way of being frightening and beautiful. Was she in awe? Yes. Yes, she was.

Oh wow.

That certainly was a big? Thick? bolt. This observation was added to her notes which she quickly scanned over. Zigzagging and straight bolts. Were there any other types she would see tonight?
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213