sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts > Middle Floors > Defence Against the Dark Arts


Defence Against the Dark Arts Learn how to defend yourself against dark magic and defeat dark creatures. Constant vigilance!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-06-2019, 08:30 AM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default DADA Lesson 1 - Shhh

The first thing you'll notice as you enter classroom 104 is that it doesn't at all resemble a classroom. For those of you more familiar with Headmaster Trent's teaching methods, this may not come as much of a surprise, not especially since the notice did mention it being a practical lesson. There isn't a desk or chair in sight.

What is present? Cushions. Padding. You've more or less walked into a fully padded, white room. The Headmaster is by the door waiting to greet you and ready to slam the door shut the moment the clock strikes 11 am.

The room is rather comfy. It's the sort you'd find in a soundproof environment. The floors, the ceiling, every crevice and corner is covered in spongy absorbent material.

Step lively, there's a lot to do today!

OOC: Welcome to the first DADA lesson of the term everyone!! Opening just a little earlier because I won't be home later like I thought I would be <3 Don't forget to read the classroom rules before posting. I'll have the first question up in 24 hours

The lesson hasn't started yet


CLASS HAD BEGUN!


Class progression:
Greeting + First Question
Mini Activity
Second Question
Main Activity
Old 05-14-2019, 10:36 PM   #151 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE
Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,234

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vita Mallari
Seventh Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default Mini activity under the cut--LUCAS, we see you!
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

SPOILER!!: Mini Activity!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
Indigo didn't want to throw the ball at Vita again, which he knew wasn't the point of the activity at all but she was his friend and he felt extremely guilty even though he knew this was what he was supposed to be doing. What he decided to do was throw the ball back at the exact same place he had just thrown it, toward her right shoulder. All she'd have to do was make the exact same movement she had just made to avoid it, if she was able to guess that he was throwing it in the same place. His plan had been to make it easier for her to avoid it, but he wasn't sure if it would play out according to his plan.
She was nervous, that much must've been obvious by the expression on her face. She had her hands out on either side of her, fingers spread as if they could somehow sense the slightest disturbance in the air. Anything to help her avoid the ball a second time. It was the other noises that were the problem. The squeak of a shoe, the movement of another student nearby, her own heart beating. It made it impossible for her to know that the ball was coming at her again. Only when it was passing her face did she sense it, but she moved too late and was hit. Luckily it wasn't a hard throw.

"It's harder than I thought," She admitted as she took the blindfold off and offered it to Indigo. "Couldn't quite block out everyone else like I hoped. Hope you have better luck." She offered him a smile and then fetched the ball.

"I'm going to be throwing towards your right knee," She announced when he was ready. Then she gently tossed the ball and waited.


Vita returned Indigo's hand squeeze as her gaze followed the creatures. She observed where in the room they were moving, how they were moving, what senses they might be using other than hearing. They didn't seem to know exactly where the students where, which was a good sign. Meant they had an advantage as long as they kept quiet. Also meant maybe they couldn't see so well. Did that mean movement was okay as long as it was quiet movement? That motion wouldn't set them off? They'd need to test that out and Vita was going to get her chance as a younger Gryffindor was doing a good job calling attention to himself nearby. It had to be a Gryffindor...

Gesturing to her wand, Vita gave Indigo a questioning look back. They could use magic, maybe? But first...

She tiptoed towards the Gryffindor, each foot fall tentative to ensure she didn't make a sound. She made sure the boy could see her coming so she wouldn't startle him, and held a finger to her lips. Shhh. She then raised both her hands and slowly lowered them, hopefully telling him to calm down. Then she beckoned him over to where Indigo was.
__________________

TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 11:20 PM   #152 (permalink)


DIMC & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye
 
littledhampir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,702

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Seventh Year
x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Cassandra White
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Isobel King
Games & Sports
Default Mini activity under cut
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

SPOILER!!: Mini Activity
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post

She was nervous, that much must've been obvious by the expression on her face. She had her hands out on either side of her, fingers spread as if they could somehow sense the slightest disturbance in the air. Anything to help her avoid the ball a second time. It was the other noises that were the problem. The squeak of a shoe, the movement of another student nearby, her own heart beating. It made it impossible for her to know that the ball was coming at her again. Only when it was passing her face did she sense it, but she moved too late and was hit. Luckily it wasn't a hard throw.

"It's harder than I thought," She admitted as she took the blindfold off and offered it to Indigo. "Couldn't quite block out everyone else like I hoped. Hope you have better luck." She offered him a smile and then fetched the ball.

"I'm going to be throwing towards your right knee," She announced when he was ready. Then she gently tossed the ball and waited.
Indigo had been hoping that Vita might be able to anticipate where he was going to throw, but unfortunately she hadn't. Luckily for her he hadn't thrown very hard, though he still flinched a little when it hit her. Why was this class making him throw things at his friends? He supposed that was sort of his fault since he had chosen Vita as his partner instead of someone he didn't care about.

It was his turn now and Indigo had to admit that he was anxious. But he trusted Vita, so he pulled the blindfold over his eyes and waited. When she told him she was throwing toward his right knee he quickly jerked his whole body to the left so there would be nothing there to hit. He felt a small breeze, and took that to mean the ball had gone past him without hitting him.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
Vita returned Indigo's hand squeeze as her gaze followed the creatures. She observed where in the room they were moving, how they were moving, what senses they might be using other than hearing. They didn't seem to know exactly where the students where, which was a good sign. Meant they had an advantage as long as they kept quiet. Also meant maybe they couldn't see so well. Did that mean movement was okay as long as it was quiet movement? That motion wouldn't set them off? They'd need to test that out and Vita was going to get her chance as a younger Gryffindor was doing a good job calling attention to himself nearby. It had to be a Gryffindor...

Gesturing to her wand, Vita gave Indigo a questioning look back. They could use magic, maybe? But first...

She tiptoed towards the Gryffindor, each foot fall tentative to ensure she didn't make a sound. She made sure the boy could see her coming so she wouldn't startle him, and held a finger to her lips. Shhh. She then raised both her hands and slowly lowered them, hopefully telling him to calm down. Then she beckoned him over to where Indigo was.
When Vita moved toward the Gryffindor boy Indigo moved over to the ball pit to grab one. He did it all very quietly, of course. This wasn't supposed to be the challenging part anyway. He moved back over quickly and saw her beckoning the boy over to them. The boy looked very frightened, which Indigo could understand. Those creatures were pretty scary. He wanted to be able to help the boy, but he didn't know how to do that silently. So he watched, trying to send him a sympathetic look and be as reassuring as he could.

Now that he had the ball in his hand he wasn't sure exactly to do with it. He held it up a bit, showing it to Vita and their new teammate. Then he held out his wand and sort of tapped it against the top of the ball. He wasn't actually doing anything yet, but he gave them a questioning look, trying to silently ask if they thought he should try doing magic on it. Specifically, should be try to levitate it nonverbally to try to get it into the basket?
__________________

littledhampir is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:53 AM   #153 (permalink)

Potterdom Mod


DMT & DIMC
Giant
 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: unwritten [GMT-5]
Posts: 57,402

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelia "Maeve" Walsh
Sixth Year

x12 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Louise Hamilton
International Cooperation
Default
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Eva's SoulSister | BigBadSis | SlytherPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia View Post
Oh, Missa was ready alright.

Even if she was starting to notice Mavae's reluctance at the blindfold - which is why her aim relaxed a bit, "don't worry, I am not gonna hurt you or anything," she assured the older girl gently, before turning her attention to the professor. Ah, so it all had to do with non-verbal spells.

Listening to Maeve speak, she nodded. Because the Gryffindor was definitely right - it all had to do with their senses in the end. Somber in her expression, she idly tucked some hair behind her ear, tracing the scar behind it, and couldn't help but wonder which was more important - the eyes or the ears.

Regardless, to wrap up the inevitable, she aimed the ball yet again at Maeve, "right side, thigh," she added, and give her a moment to understand before throwing the ball. Gently, ofccourse.




She was honestly missing her notebook right now. An itch to write everything down was very very prominent. Not that she was all that forgetful in life, but missing any detail in class seemed annoying to her. But all of that went out the window the moment the professor flicked her wand.

Missa's eyes WIDENED at the reveal. And what a reveal it was. This was better than anything they had done so far, and she wasn't sure if it was excitement she felt or fear. Nonetheless, she could not wait to attempt it.

Silently, she turned to look at Mavae again, and gestured at the space between the both of them. Did she wanna do this together too? She was an older one, she'd maybe know - non-verbal spells? Missa could direct and hold the ball, and they could be a balanced team, yeah?

Maeve might have visibly relaxed just a twinge at Missa's words. Even though she barely knew the younger girl, somehow she seemed about comparable to herself athletic-wise, which made things much better.

And then, she heard Missa... Right side thigh. Wait. Which was her right side?? Was it bad if she was nearly seventeen and got her left and right mixed up?? Also did it mean HER right or Missa's right?? Why did directions have to be so confusing? Why was she overthinking this? And why ... Ooph! A light collision of the ball to her thigh snapped Maeve back to reality, because she'd been of course, thinking about this too long. Raising her blindfold, she gave small smile.

Oh and they were moving onto .... putting the balls into a basket. But silently?? Ah well, of course and she gave a silent nod at the Ravenclaw, cause why not? And like if anyone else wanted to join up with them? How many teams did they have? Non-verbal levitation charm. Okayyy... she hadn't ever done a non-verbal before, but she HAD done a levitation charm so she could do this.

Was it time to start? Should they wait for others to join their team?
__________________
No one else is singing my song / No one knows the rhythm / Enough to sing along
If only someone could see / In three part harmony / How alone, how alone, how alone / Only I am

[Potterdom] [Requests] [Skylar] [Drabbles] [Addina] [Tea Time]

PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 09:13 AM   #154 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster



DMLE
Kappa
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 14,941

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
Default
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

They DID hear that, the boy's (Lucas) whimper that almost seemed to pierce the silence for the creatures with acute hearing. Two turned their attention in the direction of the young boy immediately but by the time they got close enough, the noise was gone and they were once again left wandering dangerously close to the one group (Indigo, Vita, Lucas).

Was there prey here?

One sniffed by the Ravenclaw's tie. Another sniffed at little Lucas's shirt. They came up with nothing. It was sound that they needed.

The others continued to roam the padded room, ears perked up for the faintest of sounds. One moved by the older Gryffindor (Maeve), stopping a moment in the hope it would pick up on a noise. Another found itself right behind the Hufflepuff (Eni).

Where was everyone?

The one who walked by Austin didn't seem to think so.
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #155 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod


DMC & DMAC
Knarl
 
Stormdancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scotland, [GMT]
Posts: 9,114

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Holly Tamesis
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sloane Eris
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Giulia Barsi
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Anyone wanna partner up?
:: Braveheart :: ToRo :: RotiSila :: ToTo ::

SPOILER!!: Professor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
She wanted to do what where now?

Malachi was taken aback by the question. It was such a departure from the topic of the lesson that it made the words just a little harder for him to understand. "Er.....sure.....I'll give you half an hour but then you've got to head to lunch. I don't want you late for lunch or your lessons following lunch." He would take it as a personal favour to him if she took the favour he was willing to offer her and handled it responsibly.

And she was another that truly understood the complexity of non-verbals. Good. If anything, it would make the activity have more meaning and make more sense to the lot of them.

"I like the way you put it. A marathon, not a sprint. Not everyone gets that. It won't happen overnight and does take a great bit of time and dedication. Not exactly a hobby you pick up over the weekend."
Holly beamed at the Headmaster, nodding instantly. ”Half an hour. Amazing! Thank you!” How amazing was that??? Totally gave her plenty of time to grab something to eat AND get to her next class. Hehehehe. Gymnastics time!! ^__^ She wouldn’t disappoint him.

It sounded hard. It sounded like a lot of work. It sounded like something that she wanted to be able to do! … And it REALLY sounded like something she needed to start like… yesterday.


SPOILER!!: Professor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
"Excellent answers everyone." They could understand the fundamental benefits of non-verbals. This wasn't by any means an indication they would be able to immediately jump into casting them but that was fine as it wasn't what the lesson entailed. "As I mentioned earlier, we won't be getting into the actual practice until later this week, this being more an introductory lesson and all but it doesn't make learning this all any less pertinent."

There were actually a few things they needed to cover before moving on, not too many but things that needed saying all the same. "Given the difficult nature of non-verbals, it goes without saying that some spells will be more difficult to produce non-verbally than others. Simple spells, ones learned typically in your first year of formal wizarding education will naturally be more easily mastered than ones taught at the OWL or NEWT level." But surely that went without saying.

"Tamesis put it right when she said it was a marathon, not a sprint. The reasoning behind that is something McCarthy mentioned; it's very difficult. You won't sit for an afternoon and suddenly become an expert at non-verbals but that's not meant to discourage you. Rather, think of it as encouragement. Imagine the level of accomplishment when you finally do get them! All that effort, focus and time finally paying off." With a flick of his wand, certain disillusionment charms fell away to reveal creatures chained to the corners of the room. They were skinny in frame with large teeth they gnashed and equally large. They kept pulling on the chains that bound them, trying to make for the man who'd been speaking the entire time. Red, menacing eyes locked on the students.

"Now that you understand the importance of silence, we've got one more activity." Two baskets appeared on the other end of the room and the opening in the wall reopened to reveal the ball pit again. "You'll have to get these balls across the room into those baskets. You'll be split into two teams. Let me stress, you'll have to do this silently. The creatures currently chained are hypersensitive to noise. They react to it. They attack anything they hear." Evidently. They yanked harder at the chains every time the man spoke. "This can be accomplished in a few ways. The one that may come to mind is by non-verbal magic. No talking. Easy peasy. Sure. However, this isn't an option for most of you. In that case, as a team, you'll need to find another way around it. If you do choose to attempt non-verbals, I suggest the levitation spell. It's a simple spell which should make it just a bit easier. Fair warning, screw it up, have that ball drop and it's charmed to be louder than a siren. You'll have creatures swarming in no time." Not how they wanted things to be. Was Dakest ready to scream now? Because the time for that had passed. "Get into teams. I'll release the creatures. Remember, not a SOUND." They could choose teams silently. They could plan silently if they knew what they were doing and could think far enough outside the box. The room was padded for this very reason. It would make at least movement a bit easier. They just had to work this out.

Malachi waited a silent moment for the creatures to settle then he vanished the chains.

Not. A. Sound.
Oh. Look at that, she got mentioned. ^___^

… And she was right about it being a challenge and something that would make her proud. Yup, she wanted to work on that.

……… Woah. What were they??? She’d never seen creatures like them before….. They were hyper-sensitive? Oh… boy.

She couldn’t do non-verbals, had never even TRIED them… so… how was she… going.. Uh.

But before she had moved more than a step to the right, the creatures were unchained and she was stock still with wide eyes. Ohmerlin. She took a deep breath before looking around to see if she could find someone to work with - where was Cam when she needed him… He’d have helped her through this.

… but she was strong enough to do this herself, and definitely light enough on her feet. Maybe she could just walk over there… would that work? Hmm. Partner up first.
__________________
SHOULD AULD ACQUAINTANCE BE FORGOT AND NEVER BROUGHT TO MIND?

SHOULD AULD ACQUANTANCE BE FORGOT AND AULD LANG SYNE!
Stormdancer is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 01:21 PM   #156 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein
 
2111jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hogwarts :)
Posts: 1,209

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Austin Spencer
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Caleb Queen
Magical Creatures
Default Can Austin claim her as a partner?
Stay Free

SPOILER!!: partner

……… Woah. What were they??? She’d never seen creatures like them before….. They were hyper-sensitive? Oh… boy.

She couldn’t do non-verbals, had never even TRIED them… so… how was she… going.. Uh.

But before she had moved more than a step to the right, the creatures were unchained and she was stock still with wide eyes. Ohmerlin. She took a deep breath before looking around to see if she could find someone to work with - where was Cam when she needed him… He’d have helped her through this.

… but she was strong enough to do this herself, and definitely light enough on her feet. Maybe she could just walk over there… would that work? Hmm. Partner up first.[/QUOTE]


Austin glanced around, moving his head. He waved his arm at the mystery girl. He pointed to her and then himself. Partner? He was trying to silently say. He could not just walk over there. That would mean making a sound.

Last edited by 2111jen; 05-15-2019 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something real quick
2111jen is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:26 PM   #157 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League




DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,474

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Fifth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default Team One?
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

Uhhhhh... Right...

Silence.

That was NOT something she was very well known for. Rylee could be silent though when she choose to be. Like now. Silence was key. As was getting as many of the balls into her teams basket as possible.

The idea of it sounded simple. That is until whatever those things were appeared. Being able to see them didn't help to do anything for her. And for a very long time she kept a close eye on them, attempting to keep them all in her range of sight.

Without moving from her current spot, how could she get a ball into the team basket? Levitation. The answer was simple. They had already been told that. It was a spell she knew she could cast verbally without any trouble. However... casting it non-verbally might be an issue. Only one way to find out though.

Taking small quiet steps she went to get a ball and join her team.
__________________


Kolyander is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 09:49 PM   #158 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod


DMC & DMAC
Knarl
 
Stormdancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scotland, [GMT]
Posts: 9,114

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Holly Tamesis
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sloane Eris
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Giulia Barsi
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default group... uh 3 or 4? 4 *stamps*
:: Braveheart :: ToRo :: RotiSila :: ToTo ::

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2111jen View Post
Austin glanced around, moving his head. He waved his arm at the mystery girl. He pointed to her and then himself. Partner? He was trying to silently say. He could not just walk over there. That would mean making a sound.
Uh....

She saw the motion.. but really she didn't think she could help him or that he could help her. She certainly couldn't do anything non-verbal yet.. and he was just a first year so the likelihood was that he couldn't either... If they were to team up, they really needed to get some of the other, older students, to pair up with them. Like... really needed an older student or two.

Nibbling on her bottom lip, looking worried, she shrugged her shoulders slightly even as she eyed the moving creatures. Sure... It wasn't enthusiastic. Sorry, Austin. But it also wasn't personal... just just really didn't want to get hurt or die.

Moving slowly, softly on the balls of her feet, Holly crossed the room to the ball pit. Gently, she reached inside and lifted a ball, trying to keep her breathing steady so that those creatures wouldn't be alerted.

Next, she moved towards Austin - constantly trying to find an older student to join them.
__________________
SHOULD AULD ACQUAINTANCE BE FORGOT AND NEVER BROUGHT TO MIND?

SHOULD AULD ACQUANTANCE BE FORGOT AND AULD LANG SYNE!
Stormdancer is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 11:39 PM   #159 (permalink)
Moderator
Quibbler & Mungo's


DMGS & DMT

Editor-in-Chief
Tebo
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,963

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fourth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Griffin Renzler
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Jorge De La Garza
Daily Prophet
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

She saw them and took a deep breath trying to be quiet. They were scary looking and she closed her eyes hoping not to see them anymore and not to move. She would rather just keep her eyes closed to try to visualize things like the balls moving, but she knew she'd have to look at them.

Giving the balls a look she moved her wand as little as possible and thought really hard about the spell. The ball she was working with raised just a little before it fell back down.

Did the creature notice? Oh she hoped not, it was scary and she didn't want to bring any atteniton to herself.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 11:53 PM   #160 (permalink)
Moderator
Gladrags Mod



DMAC & DIMC
Bugbear
 
hermionesclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 31,588

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lucas Sebastian Dakest
Third Year

x11 x11

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Lilian Botros
International Cooperation
Default Vita and Indigo and creatures oh my
Magikarp #3 | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

..............

Oh no.

Oh no oh no oh no.

PANIC.

Lucas's eyes widened even more, if possible. Why? Because two of the creatures were now looking DIRECTLY at him. No no no no NO. Please no. He was NOT the one dying this year at Hogwarts. He still stood stock still, just watching the creatures as much as possible. Because if he could see them, he wouldn't be so surprised by their actions.

Something he was surprised by? That his whimpering caught the attention of someone else: the Slytherin Prefect. Normally, he would've smiled or tried to say hi but, instead, he was trying to figure out what it was she was saying. Be quiet? Calm down? Sit down? He..... nodded as best as he could. Yeah. He could do that.

But that wasn't all: she was calling him over to where someone else (Indigo) was standing. Did he know them? No. But anything was better than standing there in front of the creatures. The only problem now, was that he didn't think his legs could move. His green eyes looked downwards and he slowly...... very slowly, started moving his toes, and then his foot, and then his leg. He lifted his leg up and sloooooowly set it down again one step forward.

Then there was another step. And another.

A series of soft steps followed, starting off slow but then his step quickening the more his legs got used to walking. Soon, he was close enough to the Prefect and the older guy who had a ball (Indigo) to focus on just them. His eyebrows furrowed slightly when the guy tapped his wand on the ball but...... nothing happened? Confusion? But his face said something else and so, Lucas nodded. He agreed. Whatever it was, it was probably the right decision.

And if it wasn't, that was o-

..........

.....................

It was a good thing it was quiet in here because if it wasn't, he probably wouldn't have heard the sound of sniffing so close to him. It was enough to make him turn his head and-

Panic? PANIC.

His eyes had widened again, this time looking between his two older teammates and the creature that was currently sniffing at his shirt. NO. What had he said about dying? NOT TODAY. Could he do anything about it? No, because he was Lucas Sebastian Dakest and he would rather scream and run away. Isn't that right, Headmaster Trent?

But right now, that wasn't an option so he just stood there, panicking internally.
__________________
hermionesclone is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 01:05 AM   #161 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE
Kappa
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,234

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vita Mallari
Seventh Year

x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default Lucas and Indigo and a plan, perhaps???
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

SPOILER!!: Mini Activity!
Quote:
Indigo had been hoping that Vita might be able to anticipate where he was going to throw, but unfortunately she hadn't. Luckily for her he hadn't thrown very hard, though he still flinched a little when it hit her. Why was this class making him throw things at his friends? He supposed that was sort of his fault since he had chosen Vita as his partner instead of someone he didn't care about.

It was his turn now and Indigo had to admit that he was anxious. But he trusted Vita, so he pulled the blindfold over his eyes and waited. When she told him she was throwing toward his right knee he quickly jerked his whole body to the left so there would be nothing there to hit. He felt a small breeze, and took that to mean the ball had gone past him without hitting him.
"Well done." She was relieved, honestly. Not that she'd thrown the ball hard enough to do much damage. This time was going to be worse, she knew. She'd just avoid his head at all costs and hope for the best?

She gave him a moment to settle and then prepare for throw number two, no warning this time as she tossed the ball towards his left arm. He was paying attention, yes?



SPOILER!!: Indigo and Lucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
When Vita moved toward the Gryffindor boy Indigo moved over to the ball pit to grab one. He did it all very quietly, of course. This wasn't supposed to be the challenging part anyway. He moved back over quickly and saw her beckoning the boy over to them. The boy looked very frightened, which Indigo could understand. Those creatures were pretty scary. He wanted to be able to help the boy, but he didn't know how to do that silently. So he watched, trying to send him a sympathetic look and be as reassuring as he could.

Now that he had the ball in his hand he wasn't sure exactly to do with it. He held it up a bit, showing it to Vita and their new teammate. Then he held out his wand and sort of tapped it against the top of the ball. He wasn't actually doing anything yet, but he gave them a questioning look, trying to silently ask if they thought he should try doing magic on it. Specifically, should be try to levitate it nonverbally to try to get it into the basket?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
..............

Oh no.

Oh no oh no oh no.

PANIC.

Lucas's eyes widened even more, if possible. Why? Because two of the creatures were now looking DIRECTLY at him. No no no no NO. Please no. He was NOT the one dying this year at Hogwarts. He still stood stock still, just watching the creatures as much as possible. Because if he could see them, he wouldn't be so surprised by their actions.

Something he was surprised by? That his whimpering caught the attention of someone else: the Slytherin Prefect. Normally, he would've smiled or tried to say hi but, instead, he was trying to figure out what it was she was saying. Be quiet? Calm down? Sit down? He..... nodded as best as he could. Yeah. He could do that.

But that wasn't all: she was calling him over to where someone else (Indigo) was standing. Did he know them? No. But anything was better than standing there in front of the creatures. The only problem now, was that he didn't think his legs could move. His green eyes looked downwards and he slowly...... very slowly, started moving his toes, and then his foot, and then his leg. He lifted his leg up and sloooooowly set it down again one step forward.

Then there was another step. And another.

A series of soft steps followed, starting off slow but then his step quickening the more his legs got used to walking. Soon, he was close enough to the Prefect and the older guy who had a ball (Indigo) to focus on just them. His eyebrows furrowed slightly when the guy tapped his wand on the ball but...... nothing happened? Confusion? But his face said something else and so, Lucas nodded. He agreed. Whatever it was, it was probably the right decision.

And if it wasn't, that was o-

..........

.....................

It was a good thing it was quiet in here because if it wasn't, he probably wouldn't have heard the sound of sniffing so close to him. It was enough to make him turn his head and-

Panic? PANIC.

His eyes had widened again, this time looking between his two older teammates and the creature that was currently sniffing at his shirt. NO. What had he said about dying? NOT TODAY. Could he do anything about it? No, because he was Lucas Sebastian Dakest and he would rather scream and run away. Isn't that right, Headmaster Trent?

But right now, that wasn't an option so he just stood there, panicking internally.


Oh good, the younger boy could move. That was good news. He also seemed like he was on board for whatever Indigo was implying they should do, and that was also good. This might not be so difficult after all, especially if they could all be on the same pa-

O_o

No, no, no, no, no. She already knew the Gryffindor boy was scared and if he made another noise right now...well, they were really going to be in trouble. She glanced warily between the two and gestured for them to move backwards, away from the creatures. If they couldn't see them, they were safe for now, and putting some space between themselves and those things was definitely a good plan as far as she was concerned.

One step...two...three steps back.

Were they following?

Okay, game plan. What was the game plan?

Gesturing at Indigo and his wand, Vita tried to convey that maybe he could levitate the ball. Then, she pointed at Lucas, and then at herself, and tried to act out cradling the space under the ball with their hands, so that if it did fall, they could catch it before it hit the ground. She probably looked absolutely ridiculous, but she wanted to make sure they knew what she was suggesting, so she was putting a lot of effort into making her intentions clear. Were they getting it?
__________________

TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 01:39 AM   #162 (permalink)
House Elf
Gnome
 
Toddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 325

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Toddles
Default

"AAAAAAAAAH!"

Popping into the classroom suddenly and without warning, as house elfsies do, Toddles' big eyes seemed even BIGGER than usual. And wetter. Much much much MUCH wetter. And his screams shrill and almost inaudible for humans. And his little chinny chin chin was wibbling and maybe wobbling too. But not as much as his slender bony frame was quivering and shaking from FEAR.

"AAAAAAAAAH!"

Knees buckling, Toddles crumbled to the floor in a SOBBING mess of floppy ears and potato sack.
__________________
Toddles is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 02:34 AM   #163 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster



DMLE
Kappa
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 14,941

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
Default
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

A creature did hear the ball that was dropped by the young Ravenclaw (Chloe) and it quickly started toward the girl. The ball, as the Headmaster had warned, gave off a LOUD noise when it fell. A precaution he’d hoped they would have taken more seriously.

Another and another started in her direction but they all stopped dead in their tracks and made an immediate u-turn at the arrival of the House elf. Noise. Loud noise.

The swarm of creatures all rushed in his direction. He was prey, very easy prey and he’d successfully distracted all the creatures from the students.


Malachi watched, admittedly very confused as to why Tamesis and Spencer were trying to create a third group when he’d said there would be two teams. There were two baskets, two sets of balls, and no indication there was room for more. They were either on the one team or the other.

He may have pointed out as much but his attention was drawn by Dakest. Immediately the man’s wand was drawn in case he would need to take action. Surprisingly, the whimper aside, the boy managed to remain silent and was led away by Mallari. No one would be dying today. Good good.

Now all they needed was—

...

......

*Deadpan*

Reflex alone had the man vanishing the entire assortment of creatures, quite put off he’d had to when the students were still working. There were many routes they could take that didn’t involve trying and failing at non-verbals then drawing more attention to themselves. So far they seemed determined to try and fail a few times but he was hoping one or two would see the light. What he wasn't hoping for was the sudden appearance of the House Elf.

“What is it, Toddles?” As calmly as he could manage. Wasn’t it too early for the whole “the sky is falling” bit?
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:14 AM   #164 (permalink)
House Elf
Gnome
 
Toddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 325

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Toddles
Default

Toddles was DISTRAUGHT!

Sobbing and wailing and drawing all kinds of attention to his elfsie self, Toddles began rolling back and forth and sideways and upways and forthways some more while covering his large eyes with his sweaty palms.

"IT WAS HORRIBLE MISTER MASTER HEADMASTER!" Toddles wailed. "Toddles just does as Toddles tolds, sir. Toddles go into the forest like a good elfsies to collect the best of mushrooms for Argyle's soup for dinner, sir. Toddles have his basket almost filled all the way up he did, sir! Then Toddles sees...saws....sees...saws...HE SEES SOMETHING MOST FOUL TODDLES DOES SIR! TODDLES FEARS FOR TODDLES VERY LIFSIES HE DOES, SIR! RUNS AWAY TODDLES DOES!"
__________________
Toddles is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:14 AM   #165 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein
 
2111jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hogwarts :)
Posts: 1,209

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Austin Spencer
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Caleb Queen
Magical Creatures
Default
Stay Free

Austin jumped slightly at the ball dropping and then the house elf popped in. No. More like it popped in and CRIED.
Really?? What part of silence do these people not understand?? Austin pinched the bridge of his nose holding off on his non verbal levitating charm.
2111jen is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:23 AM   #166 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster



DMLE
Kappa
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 14,941

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
Default
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

...

......”Okay.”

On the one hand, this was Toddles, an elf known for his...spirited personality. On the other hand, warning of a potential issue in the forest seemed a bit foolhardy to ignore even for a former Gryffindor. The Headmaster went silent for a moment before undoing all the charms on the room and revealing the door. He’d check it out...just in case. Dolly Dopple was all the reason he needed to do things just in case. Didn’t need more of her floating around the castle plaguing him with guilt.

“We’re gonna wrap this up a bit earlier than expected.” He informed, now addressing the students. He’d make a quick stop in the forest, make sure everything was a-okay. At the very least, he’d have to get to the bottom of whatever Toddles thought he saw.

“Homework, read the chapter of non-verbal spells. I want a 24 inch parchment on their usefulness and applicability—or lack thereof if that’s the direction you’re leaning. Gather your things. You’re dismissed.” He turned to Toddles. “You come with me.”

And with that the man began making long strides out of the room. If nothing else, dinner now sounded compromised.


OOC: Thanks for coming everyone! The lesson has officially ended. You can post your students reacting/leaving. I’ll close the thread when I get home most likely <3
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:40 AM   #167 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Gnome
 
gritandgrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In the Rain >_>
Posts: 306

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bonjour, je m'appelle Eniola Abara.
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Xin chào, tôi tên là Mai Ainsley.
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hello, name is Lucien Wright.
Mysteries
Default

Eniola really shouldn't be surprised when there's noise and the creatures started to attack but just then there was an even louder noise. A house elf had come in and started absolutely screaming. Eni winced at the loud noise, but dared not to speak in fear of them turning on her next.

Thankfully the Headmaster intervened and ended the assignment early!? NO! I'm just getting close! She thought to herself in misery. Sighing in disappointment she gathered her tie from the floor and abandoned the ball she had been SO close to levitating.

I'll find a place to keep practicing. She thought to herself. Eni had been working on this for quite a while.
__________________
gritandgrace is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 04:08 AM   #168 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein
 
2111jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hogwarts :)
Posts: 1,209

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Austin Spencer
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Caleb Queen
Magical Creatures
Default
Stay Free

Seriously? Austin hadn't even started yet. He sighed. Okay. Okay. Class dissmissed then.
He nodded at the headmaster and made a quiet exit.
2111jen is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 11:25 AM   #169 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod


DMC & DMAC
Knarl
 
Stormdancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scotland, [GMT]
Posts: 9,114

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Holly Tamesis
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sloane Eris
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Giulia Barsi
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
:: Braveheart :: ToRo :: RotiSila :: ToTo ::

Having made her way over to one of the groups, she was going to motion to them - silently ask if they could join in - but before anything else happened there was a horrible sound as one of the balls landed on the ground. Her breathing faltered, eyes wide as she saw the creatures turning and moving in the direction that the ball had dropped.

.............

Wider eyes and cold-laced fear wrapped around her heart at the sobbing Toddles and the noise and the look on the creatures faces and the ...................... they were gone. Unblinking, she looked around the room as she bit her lip, terrified to move.

..... She didn't know if she still wanted to stay and practice her gymnastics when they were being let out early... she could go and start on some of her homework. 24 inches was a lot, especially when she didn't know anything about non-verbals yet. Not really.

......... Decisions.

The Professor was already gone though, and as she watched her class mates leaving Holly made up her mind. The Professor had told her she could have half an hour so that she could still get food. Starting early, simply meant she had longer to get food and she definitely wouldn't be in a rush. So, she pushed her bag off to the side, pulled her hair into a messy bun and then started to stretch as her heart-rate slowly settled back down again.
__________________
SHOULD AULD ACQUAINTANCE BE FORGOT AND NEVER BROUGHT TO MIND?

SHOULD AULD ACQUANTANCE BE FORGOT AND AULD LANG SYNE!
Stormdancer is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 11:33 AM   #170 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League




DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,474

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Fifth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

Rylee froze right there in her tracks when Toddles popped into the room wailing and sobbing uncontrollably. The sight of the elfsie alone was rather surprising but the fact that he was in tears and shaking violently as he was, was cause for concern. Even more so when those creature things began to swarm around him! The teenagers eyes widened unsure what to do for several seconds. Thankfully nothing had to be done as the Professor banished the creatures away.

Letting out a small breath of relief, Rylee listened as Toddles explained through his tears what had happened. Something foul in the forest that made him fear for his life?! Not knowing what to think she remained quiet, even though what she really wanted to do was comfort Toddles in some way. But class was being dismissed early and they were told to leave.

Quietly collecting her things and heading towards the door to leave, she paused for a moment looking back over her shoulder. "Thank you for the lesson, Headmaster... and don't worry Toddles, Headmaster Trent will take care of it." Whatever it, happened to be.
__________________


Kolyander is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:58 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174