sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 227 users online including...
FrankGLACK , hermionesclone , octordari , 2111jen , Jamesfum , utzzutinola , simondsreyes , Shanners , iraleon , keyokerome

21 members
206 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts > Grounds > Care of Magical Creatures

Care of Magical Creatures Lover of animals and want to know how to care for them all? Then this is the class for you!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2017, 09:30 PM
Suziella Suziella is offline
 
Default Infant Magical Creatures Nursery


Halfway between Professor Wayland's hut and the barn, you will notice a much smaller, light grey, and white barn. This is the Infant Magical Creatures Nursery. The nursery is where many infant creatures are taken care of when their parents can't take care of them. Many of these infant creatures are orphans, and Professor Wayland needs all the help he can get. If you look just inside the door you'll find shelves stocked with dragon hide gloves, goggles, brushes, clean rags, and anything else you could ever need to care for these adorable infant creatures.

Just outside the back door there are multiple pens, and stables that house the larger animals, like Abraxans, and a closed off pasture that you can let the infant creatures play or roam around in. Make sure when you put the baby creature away that all the doors are securely closed when you are finished caring for the baby creatures. We wouldn't want them to get out and get hurt!

Please come in and let the babies get to know you! Watch them grow and learn! If there is ever any issue, please contact Professor Wayland immediately.


Infant Creatures List:
SPOILER!!: Infant Creatures list


Augurey:
- Loralei (F)
- Phobus (M)


Bowtruckles
- Jasper (M)
- Acorn (M)
- Daffodil (F)
- Raspberry (F)


Crups:
- Fritz (M)
- Fionna (F)
- Spot (M)
- Sassy (F)


Jarvey:
- Curt (M)
- Ivory (F)(Albino)
- Mozart (M)
- Rhea (F)


Jobberknoll:
- Pavo (M)
- Aurora (F)
- Silas (M)
- Tallulah (F)


Kneazle
- Sinna (M)
- Honey (F)
- Otis (M)
- Maya (F)


Nifflers:
- Kula (M)
- Dior (F)
- Jules (M)
- Sapphire (F)


Puffskein:
- Gus (M)
- Cocoa (F)
- Giblet (M)
- Bubbles (F)


Winged Horses:
- Levi (M) (Aethonan)
- Duchess (F) (Aethonan)
- Claire (F) (Granian)
- Beck (M) (Abraxan)


* denotes requiring permission from Professor/owner in order to interact with them as the may be a student/professors pet.


OOC: There will not be an Extra Credit Assignment this term. You may use this thread to RP with the baby creatures. Check the ever changing list of baby creatures that need loving above for ideas of what creatures to handle. Thank you!

All adopted infant creatures have hit maturity and have been moved to the Barn and Pastures thread. Please post them there! Thank you!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League




DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,357

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Fourth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default Open!
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

Rylee was no stranger to the creature barns. She was one to frequent both the adult barn and the infant barn pretty much daily. It was something she enjoyed. Playing with the creatures or helping to tend to them didn't matter. Most of the time she would clean up the pens, feed them and give them water as well as play with them if she had the time.

Today though as she looked into the pens it appeared that perhaps Professor Wayland had just been in here or maybe another student? The pens were clean and food and water dishes were full. Great! This meant there was much more time to play with the creatures this morning.

Without further hesitation, Rylee entered the Bowtruckle pen carefully. Quietly she made her way over to the tree and sat down on the ground with her back against it. "Hey there, you all welcome to come down say hello if you like... if not that's okay too. I'm just going to sit right here for awhile," she spoke softly and calmly giving the Bowtruckle the choice to come to her if they wanted. And they need not worry for Lamb was back in her dorm asleep on her bed. It was just her this morning.
__________________


Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)


DIMC & DERP
Porlock
 
Kimothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lurkin' (GMT+8)
Posts: 8,262

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Drewett Percy Slinkhard
Fourth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Katrina Marie Belrose
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Rani Kaur Malhotra
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Reed Lawrence Castell
Daily Prophet
Default
Slytherin's Baby!Keeper • Opossum • All Growed Up • Kimoji •❅ice ice baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Rylee was no stranger to the creature barns. She was one to frequent both the adult barn and the infant barn pretty much daily. It was something she enjoyed. Playing with the creatures or helping to tend to them didn't matter. Most of the time she would clean up the pens, feed them and give them water as well as play with them if she had the time.

Today though as she looked into the pens it appeared that perhaps Professor Wayland had just been in here or maybe another student? The pens were clean and food and water dishes were full. Great! This meant there was much more time to play with the creatures this morning.

Without further hesitation, Rylee entered the Bowtruckle pen carefully. Quietly she made her way over to the tree and sat down on the ground with her back against it. "Hey there, you all welcome to come down say hello if you like... if not that's okay too. I'm just going to sit right here for awhile," she spoke softly and calmly giving the Bowtruckle the choice to come to her if they wanted. And they need not worry for Lamb was back in her dorm asleep on her bed. It was just her this morning.
It has probably become public knowledge, sort of, that Drewett wasn't a big fan of creatures. Perhaps not all, but he tried to avoid those ranked higher than XX as much as possible...which was a plethora of creatures, to be frank. Some of them had biting tendencies while some were just plain scary. It was all enough reason to just stay away from them at all costs.

Because it apparently made all the sense to him, Drewett preferred staying in the infant magical creatures nursery instead because at least the creatures in here were babies, despite their ministry classification ranks. It lessened the anxiety he got every time he saw them. But he was working on not being terrified anymore. It was inconvenient. It was exhausting to simply stand there in shock every time inferi grindylows creatures were in his general presence. So he was starting small, with infants. Such logic, of course. He'd tried touching a fox and a horse before. This couldn't possibly be worse.

He shouldn't have expected himself to be alone when he entered the smaller barn. Unlike him, the students at Hogwarts weren't at all scared by creatures. And it most certainly didn't come off as a surprise to Drewett when he saw Rylee already inside. "Hi," he said, standing by the door.
__________________
♫♫ Found my heart and broke it here___________________________________
Made friends and lost them through the years___________________


______________________________But these people raised me
_______________________________________and I can't wait to go home ♫♫
Kimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League




DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,357

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Fourth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default Drew!
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

Not another word was said from Rylee though she fidgeted about a tad trying to keep herself nice and calm and focused. Making to much noise or moving to quickly could cause the Bowtruckle to not want to come down from their and visit her. This was something she knew already. Sitting there doing absolutely nothing was no easy task however.

Hearing a voice she knew very well a soft smile tugged at her lips as she lifted her head to look at Drew. Or well... where he was coming from anyhow since she was sat on the floor inside the Bowtruckle pen. "Hey, Drew. What brings you into the barn this morning?" She knew all to well of his fear of creatures but she also knew he was trying to overcome that fear.

"Do you want to come in?" Inside the pen is what she meant of course but that was solely up to him if he wanted to or not. Right now none of the Bowtruckle had come down from their tree so it was as safe as it could possible get inside the pen.
__________________


Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:39 AM   #5 (permalink)


DIMC & DERP
Porlock
 
Kimothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lurkin' (GMT+8)
Posts: 8,262

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Drewett Percy Slinkhard
Fourth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Katrina Marie Belrose
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Rani Kaur Malhotra
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Reed Lawrence Castell
Daily Prophet
Default
Slytherin's Baby!Keeper • Opossum • All Growed Up • Kimoji •❅ice ice baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Not another word was said from Rylee though she fidgeted about a tad trying to keep herself nice and calm and focused. Making to much noise or moving to quickly could cause the Bowtruckle to not want to come down from their and visit her. This was something she knew already. Sitting there doing absolutely nothing was no easy task however.

Hearing a voice she knew very well a soft smile tugged at her lips as she lifted her head to look at Drew. Or well... where he was coming from anyhow since she was sat on the floor inside the Bowtruckle pen. "Hey, Drew. What brings you into the barn this morning?" She knew all to well of his fear of creatures but she also knew he was trying to overcome that fear.

"Do you want to come in?" Inside the pen is what she meant of course but that was solely up to him if he wanted to or not. Right now none of the Bowtruckle had come down from their tree so it was as safe as it could possible get inside the pen.
Drewett was about to answer a very obvious response to Rylee's question, but figures that she was right for even asking him in the first place. Anyone who knew him would never think of looking for him in the creatures barn or nursery anyway. So he didn't really have a convincing enough answer for Rylee, so he just smiled sheepishly. "I-I just wanted a new set-up..." he replied. He'd been to the library way too many times, and by the lake too. A change of view wouldn't hurt. It wasn't like the baby horses in the barn were going to kick the wooden door down, right? It was possible.

Her offer to enter the bowtruckle pen was rather tempting because they were creatures he could handle, at least. "...Is it safe?" The Ravenclaw had to ask, having zero ideas what to do about creatures considering he didn't even take it as an elective class. Drewett walked closer to the pen and peeked a little to see. It looked rather safe. But just to be sure, of course. He trusted Rylee.

....Also the baby puffskeins looked really adorable, but that's probably it. Looks can be deceiving. Puffskeins had teeth, right?
__________________
♫♫ Found my heart and broke it here___________________________________
Made friends and lost them through the years___________________


______________________________But these people raised me
_______________________________________and I can't wait to go home ♫♫
Kimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League




DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,357

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Fourth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default Drew!
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

Honestly Drew's reply couldn't have been met with more understanding at the moment. "I can't say I blame you for wanting a new spot to relax." Rylee pretty much every spot in the castle, some she frequented more than others but that was just how it was. The list was long with places she liked to go but those that really truly knew her knew that a small handful of places were on the top of her list.

Rylee smiled warmly. "I'm positive. I wouldn't invite you in if it wasn't." Just to show him how safe it was and make him feel more relaxed she got to her feet and walked over to where he was. "Come on, I'll be right there with you every step of the way. Bowtruckle are harmless unless they feel threatened and there's no reason for them to feel that way today." They weren't taking anything from the creatures home tree or anything like that.

"There's four Bowtruckle in here. All of whom haven't even come down yet to say hello." Ry was positive they were still nervous about things from last term and she didn't blame them in the least. "You'll be okay," she offered him her hand as a sense of comfort if he wanted it. Not that he had to, she wouldn't feel bad if he didn't.
__________________


Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:46 PM   #7 (permalink)


DIMC & DERP
Porlock
 
Kimothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lurkin' (GMT+8)
Posts: 8,262

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Drewett Percy Slinkhard
Fourth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Katrina Marie Belrose
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Rani Kaur Malhotra
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Reed Lawrence Castell
Daily Prophet
Default
Slytherin's Baby!Keeper • Opossum • All Growed Up • Kimoji •❅ice ice baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Honestly Drew's reply couldn't have been met with more understanding at the moment. "I can't say I blame you for wanting a new spot to relax." Rylee pretty much every spot in the castle, some she frequented more than others but that was just how it was. The list was long with places she liked to go but those that really truly knew her knew that a small handful of places were on the top of her list.

Rylee smiled warmly. "I'm positive. I wouldn't invite you in if it wasn't." Just to show him how safe it was and make him feel more relaxed she got to her feet and walked over to where he was. "Come on, I'll be right there with you every step of the way. Bowtruckle are harmless unless they feel threatened and there's no reason for them to feel that way today." They weren't taking anything from the creatures home tree or anything like that.

"There's four Bowtruckle in here. All of whom haven't even come down yet to say hello." Ry was positive they were still nervous about things from last term and she didn't blame them in the least. "You'll be okay," she offered him her hand as a sense of comfort if he wanted it. Not that he had to, she wouldn't feel bad if he didn't.
Well, the creatures nursery wasn't exactly his type of relaxation spot, per se. Drewett wouldn't be able to relax in such a place where the probability of a creature stampede wasn't a zero. But yeah, it was a new place for him. He could simply run out of the barn the moment anytime out of his brand of normal happened. He'd take baby creatures over inferi or grindylows. "Is this p-place your r-relax spot?" It seemed like a Rylee place, after all.

And with Rylee's assurance, the Ravenclaw nodded and walked closer to her. "I d-don't plan on getting on their bad side," he said. Never. Even if they were infants, Drewett knew of the precautions when dealing with creatures. He didn't need to attend a class for it. At least he was more relaxed with Rylee around. He had no plans of running away...yet.

...Oh. Apparently, the bowtruckles haven't come down the tree yet. How strange, Drewett had always thought they were rather harmless and naturally friendly creatures. "Are they scared or sssomething?" He didn't mean to scare them with his presence. Maybe he should just head outside....
__________________
♫♫ Found my heart and broke it here___________________________________
Made friends and lost them through the years___________________


______________________________But these people raised me
_______________________________________and I can't wait to go home ♫♫
Kimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League




DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,357

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Fourth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default Drew!
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

"One of them. I'm in here daily most of the time." Being around the creatures was a small slice of home. It helped dull the ache in her heart from being away from Pulsar and Neptune. The creatures always made a bad day good again or a good day great.

Rylee smiled warmly when Drew came closer. "I know you won't. They have nothing at all to worry about when it comes to you." She knew the chances of Drew touching any creature was very small so the Bowtruckle had nothing to fear. All was well for the time being.

"I'm not sure they're scared so much as they're being more cautious?" Rylee sighed softly looking up at the tree where she was positive one of the Bowtruckles was peering down at her from out of her reach. "After last term I can't say I blame them... but with Professor Wayland's return they'll hopefully see that they're all safe once more." Returning to her spot from earlier she sat down once again, patting the spot beside her. "Sit with me for a little bit?" Maybe if they sat for a few minutes the Bowtruckle would join them.
__________________


Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Newbie & Fanfiction Mod



DoM & MO
Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 32,732

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Derfael Ashburry-Hawthorne
Seventh Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default *shifty*
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Keen to get their plan into action, Derf had been here in the nursery longer than was really necessary. He couldn't help himself though, especially not with the current climate inside the castle and how overwhelming it all felt being there. Being Head Boy would be difficult, he knew that going into this. He was a bit of a fool but not foolish, you know? Only things were proving to be, well, more than he had anticipated. But hey, that was Hogwarts for you, wasn't it?

Sitting with the next generation of bowtruckles, getting to know them with chattering teeth and affectionate clicks, Derf reattached a few strands of thick golden tinsel that had come loose from his latest project and made feeble attempts to tame some of the silver. It had been a nice distraction, you know? Making this.

Glancing up now and then towards the entrance of the barn, the seventh year waited eagerly for those the Fat Friar had managed to assemble in the common room to come find him.
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Puffskein
 
Fat Friar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 2,478

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fat Friar
Default
Resident Ghost of Hufflepuff | Jolliest & Awesomest

The Fat Friar floated on through the open barn door, catching sight of Derfael already there with something very shiny in his arms. Giving the Head Boy a wink, the Friar span around to check that the Hufflepuffs on the hunt were still following.

"What about in here, do you think?" he called out to encourage them inside. "There's lots of cute little things that howl, growl and grunt in here!" Oh, and maybe a friendly Hufflepuff Head Boy with a clue too!

And was that a crup puppy? Aw, too cute! If only he could hold and stroke its soft fluffy cruppy-ness.
__________________
Fat Friar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:56 PM   #11 (permalink)


MO & DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Govoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dragonstone
Posts: 15,810

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aaron Botros
Fifth Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Marilyn E. Killick
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel P. Banner
Law Enforcement
Default #late
Zombie Apocalypse Team Leader ★ ★ in a crown of pepperoni and artisan cheese

AGAIN... Aaron wasn't a fan of most animals, but he wasn't leading this party train. He followed at a distance when the robed ghost floated down towards the barns and stables, because of course their Huffleventure was going to take them this way. No complaints, though. He was just happy to be doing something with his housemates. Even if it involved smelly animals.

Howl, growl, grunt, and STINK...

Bees didn't stink. Just FYI... BEE more like bees.

And.... hello Derf. Who was holding a very large, very shiny snitch. Aaron moved closer, getting a better look. It was clearly homemade, but well-crafted. He grinned at it, because... bwahaha! IRONIC. He'd been chasing snitches all morning.

"Hey Derf, who made that?" The sweaty teen asked as he stopped to stand near the Head Boy.
__________________
We live in cities you'll never see onscreen..._______________________________________________
So very pretty, and we sure know how to run things..._______________________________


Livin' in ruins of a palace, within our dreams...____________
We're on each other's team._____
Govoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:57 AM   #12 (permalink)


DMC
Puffskein
 
ChanceCoeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SS Island
Posts: 2,212

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Farah C Dubey
Seventh Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Chance Coeur
Magical Creatures
Default Laateee
Let your light shine || Be the sun || You're important. Always.

Following Fat Friar’s floating body down from the common room, Farah was eager to see what the clue held for them. She was pleasantly surprised to see their Head Boy there. He was holding... a self made snitch?? Okay. Things were getting more confusing.

Hey Derf.” Farah said with a little wave. She still eyed the homemade snitch in his hands. This had to be the next clue. To the pitch from here maybe? She wasn’t about to get ahead of herself though. She looked over at Aaron who asked who made it. Seeing as Derf was paying such attention and care to it, she assumed Derf but you know what they said about assumptions....

You know.

So Farah waited to see what was next.
ChanceCoeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 03:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Newbie & Fanfiction Mod



DoM & MO
Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 32,732

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Derfael Ashburry-Hawthorne
Seventh Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

The appearance of Albert was impossible to miss, and the seventh year offered the ghost a wave and accompanying grin easily. Sitting up a bit more, Derf was eager to see who all had decided to follow along from the common room and, well, he intended to nab a few who they happened to pass while the hunt continued along the way - should the opportunity present itself.

"I did," he grinned, though it was a sheepish one, as he held it up a bit more so the fifth year could take a look. "Oh hey, Farah, you wanna read something aloud for me?" he mused as he fished into his robes for another chocolate frog card and offered it to her. This one was of Cedric Diggory and, just like the one of Newt Scamander they had received in the common room, had no information about the famous Hufflepuff himself...but instead another clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate frog card's back
Do you know where you should seek?
to find the next clue and take a peek?
before he put his name in the mix
in a conTest that was fixed
This famous 'puff led the troupe
so stand up high to see them swoop
around six rings in two sets
sports fans go and place your bets
fly past the paddocks to check the score,
And you'll soon find who You're looking for.
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 02:30 PM   #14 (permalink)


DMC
Puffskein
 
ChanceCoeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SS Island
Posts: 2,212

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Farah C Dubey
Seventh Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Chance Coeur
Magical Creatures
Default
Let your light shine || Be the sun || You're important. Always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
The appearance of Albert was impossible to miss, and the seventh year offered the ghost a wave and accompanying grin easily. Sitting up a bit more, Derf was eager to see who all had decided to follow along from the common room and, well, he intended to nab a few who they happened to pass while the hunt continued along the way - should the opportunity present itself.

"I did," he grinned, though it was a sheepish one, as he held it up a bit more so the fifth year could take a look. "Oh hey, Farah, you wanna read something aloud for me?" he mused as he fished into his robes for another chocolate frog card and offered it to her. This one was of Cedric Diggory and, just like the one of Newt Scamander they had received in the common room, had no information about the famous Hufflepuff himself...but instead another clue.

[SIZE="1"]
Farah wasn't going to lie, this was actually sort of fun. She'd never really done anything like this before, and it was nice to be able to do it before she graduated this term... Merlin. Graduate. She still wasn't ready. Everytime that thought crept into her head, it hit her like a ton of bricks.

Breathe

Then Derf was asking her to read something outloud and handed her a chocolate frog. She easily read it, her voice raising a little bit loudly for everyone there.

Once she was done, her eyes trained on Derf again and her lips widened in a smile. "Im guessing this is about Cedric Diggory and we are going to be heading to the Quidditch pitch??" She looked from him and then to the Fat Friar. Was she right??

Opps.. her eagerness for the next clue had stopped her mind from working, it seemed. Maybe she should have read it and let others who were there guess as well. She looked over at Aaron and whoever else may have followed them from the common room. "What do you think?"
ChanceCoeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Dugbog
 
Zannash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 144

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lyra Woods
Mysteries
Default Sorry I was gone for so long! Got busy with IRL schoolwork.
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceCoeur View Post
Farah wasn't going to lie, this was actually sort of fun. She'd never really done anything like this before, and it was nice to be able to do it before she graduated this term... Merlin. Graduate. She still wasn't ready. Everytime that thought crept into her head, it hit her like a ton of bricks.

Breathe

Then Derf was asking her to read something outloud and handed her a chocolate frog. She easily read it, her voice raising a little bit loudly for everyone there.

Once she was done, her eyes trained on Derf again and her lips widened in a smile. "Im guessing this is about Cedric Diggory and we are going to be heading to the Quidditch pitch??" She looked from him and then to the Fat Friar. Was she right??

Opps.. her eagerness for the next clue had stopped her mind from working, it seemed. Maybe she should have read it and let others who were there guess as well. She looked over at Aaron and whoever else may have followed them from the common room. "What do you think?"
Having been raised by a muggle mother and stepfather, Mary had no idea who Cedric Diggory was. "I hate to ask, but, uh, who is Cedric Diggory?" Her quiet and unsure voice had not said acting since reading the card in the common room, so she felt uncomfortable talking. Maybe she should clarify that she doesn't know much about the Wizarding World. "I was raised by muggles, and all I have heard about magic and magical people comes from my siblings, so I don't know much." She wished she had said it differently. Or just not said anything more. Why, why, why was she so socially inept?
Zannash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Newbie & Fanfiction Mod



DoM & MO
Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 32,732

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Derfael Ashburry-Hawthorne
Seventh Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Derf couldn't help but grin. It was exciting seeing their hard work and planning coming into fruition, you know? So he is leaning in a loooooooooooooooot while Farah mulled over the clue while reading it aloud. "You sure about the pitch?" he asked knowingly, ruffling his hair a bit and scratching his scalp. "Reckon you can't really stand up high...on the pitch, you know?"

Ahem. Just some food for thought. You know, friendly neighborhood Head Boy trying to steer the group in the right direction.

Hearing Mary, Derf turned his head to look at the first year and smiled...because this sort of thing was precisely why they had used famous Hufflepuffs, you know? Teach this generation about those famous Hufflepuffs of the past who had helped shaped the house to what it was today. All important and impactful. "Cedric Diggory was a seeker, quidditch captain, and prefect for Hufflepuff house. He was also one of the champions in the Triwizard Tournament of 1994...and his death at the end of the tournament signaled a shift in the belief as to whether or not ... a terrible Dark wizard at that time had returned or not. All around...really great guy who was taken too soon."
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Dugbog
 
Zannash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 144

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mary Muldoon
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lyra Woods
Mysteries
Default
inverted spacewalker ☄ quoth the Ravenclaw ☄ poptart torso & rainbow trail, nyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Derf couldn't help but grin. It was exciting seeing their hard work and planning coming into fruition, you know? So he is leaning in a loooooooooooooooot while Farah mulled over the clue while reading it aloud. "You sure about the pitch?" he asked knowingly, ruffling his hair a bit and scratching his scalp. "Reckon you can't really stand up high...on the pitch, you know?"

Ahem. Just some food for thought. You know, friendly neighborhood Head Boy trying to steer the group in the right direction.

Hearing Mary, Derf turned his head to look at the first year and smiled...because this sort of thing was precisely why they had used famous Hufflepuffs, you know? Teach this generation about those famous Hufflepuffs of the past who had helped shaped the house to what it was today. All important and impactful. "Cedric Diggory was a seeker, quidditch captain, and prefect for Hufflepuff house. He was also one of the champions in the Triwizard Tournament of 1994...and his death at the end of the tournament signaled a shift in the belief as to whether or not ... a terrible Dark wizard at that time had returned or not. All around...really great guy who was taken too soon."
So.... Cedric Diggory was a quidditch star who died a really early death. She still had questions though. Was it a noble death? It sounded like it might be, bit he didn't specifically say, and what was the Triwizard Tournament? What exactly is the..... Triwizard Tournament? How did it result in his death? Would you consider it a noble death? She also wanted to know if it had anything to do with Harry Potter or he-who-must-not-be-named. Her brother had told her a little about that, but she was afraid to ask.

Thinking more about his statement about "standing up high" on the pitch, she figured he was implying it wasn't there. It definitely had to do with quidditch, but they certainly can't stand up on brooms, so they had to be somewhere else, related to quidditch, that was "up high." I can stand with the logic that it has to do with quidditch, but we have to be able to stand up, and it has to be up high. We can't stand on brooms, so maybe it's some kind of..... tower? Is there a quidditch tower?
Zannash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Newbie & Fanfiction Mod



DoM & MO
Pogrebin
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 32,732

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Derfael Ashburry-Hawthorne
Seventh Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default to the stands!
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Mary's curiosity was really...nice, you know? Derf just wanted to foster and encourage it as much as possible! But seeing where the sun was in the sky now, well, he reckoned he ought to foster other things at the moment in favor of keeping things moving. "I'm gonna hold a sort of study session in the common room later in the week. You wanna stop by that and we can talk more History of Magic then?" he offered with a warm smile.

And speaking of progress...she was on to something. "Not a tower per say...but heading over to the quidditch pitch isn't a bad starting point. Shall we?" he suggested, with a nod in that general direction. "Only place you can get to without a broom that is high up are the stands...so let's check there!"
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:10 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187