sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > L'Académie de Magie Beauxbâtons > Au Deuxième Étage

Au Deuxième Étage The arts are a priority on the second floor. Music, crafts and a portrait gallery all ready to be explored. Come indulge your creative side so long as your lessons are done for the day.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2019, 03:22 AM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default Music Hall



Beauxbatons is known to embrace the arts and so it will come as no surprise to discover the glorious music hall on the second floor is a delightful practice space and performance space, depending on what is required.

When it is at its default of a practice space, the charms on the room allow for students to practice their instrument of choice without interference from other musicians - you will simply hear whichever specific instruments and players that you wish to hear, and any other music will be unheard even if they are only a few feet away. Along one wall is a rack which contains dozens of different instruments that students may borrow - simply use the baby blue ostrich feather quill to sign it out on the gilded parchment sheet stuck on the wall next to the rack. There are floating music stands, comfortable chairs, magical amplifiers, and all sorts of other equipment to help you on your musical journey. And don't forget the sheet music library where hundreds of years of music of all genres, magical and muggle, are stored for students to learn from.

While you may practice almost any time that you wish to do so, the one exception is Thursday evenings, when the room transforms itself to a performance space at promptly 7pm. A ghost orchestra takes centre stage and students are welcome to sit in in the chairs (which organize themselves into neat rows facing the stage) to enjoy the show. If you wish to hold your own performance you may book the room and have it transform as such during your booking time - once again, make use of the ostrich feather quill to book the room for performances, for a maximum of two hours at a time.



Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Murtlap
 
Freyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 63

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Freyr A. Njordson
First Year
Default

Freyr was amazed by all kinds of instruments in the Music Hall. He was alone but he dreamed of being the first rock pianist in the Wizarding World. Maybe he would, after all, he had 7 years before embarking his journey. He then walked toward the piano and started playing it while quietly singing one of his favourites, Aparecium, Aparecium by The Dead Kneazles.
Freyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:01 AM   #3 (permalink)


DMGS & DMT
Mooncalf
 
Star-Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Gotham [GMT -5]
Posts: 6,963

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Freddy Walker
Sixth Year
x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriela Cardozo
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Anderson
Transportation
Default Amy <3
kpop enthusiast ★ wannabe historian ★ Baekon ★ Baekry

Finally.

It felt like weeks had gone by before Freddy had finally found a room where he can relax and ignore how overly populated this school had become. Walking into the room, the tall boy had hoped to all of Arthur's knights that the room would be empty. Thankfully, his hopes were heard. Walking around the room, looking and gliding his fingers on any surface near to him, Freddy began to wonder how the Beauxbatons kids managed to possibly pick one instrument out of all the ones inside. After some time, he came across the one he had been looking for; the piano. Dusting off the seat, just in case, the boy sat down and played one note; trying to get a feel of it. Playing a few more notes, Freddy straight went into a melody he had been thinking about for a song lately.

Notebook in hand, he started to write down the notes as he played.
__________________
But now that I'm broken, now that you know it.

'Cause I've got a jet black heart, and there's a hurricane underneath it.
Star-Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:40 AM   #4 (permalink)



DMT & DMIC
Chizpurfle
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 10,660

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valencia Phillips
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colin Roderick
Gringotts Wizarding Bank
Default
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
Finally.

It felt like weeks had gone by before Freddy had finally found a room where he can relax and ignore how overly populated this school had become. Walking into the room, the tall boy had hoped to all of Arthur's knights that the room would be empty. Thankfully, his hopes were heard. Walking around the room, looking and gliding his fingers on any surface near to him, Freddy began to wonder how the Beauxbatons kids managed to possibly pick one instrument out of all the ones inside. After some time, he came across the one he had been looking for; the piano. Dusting off the seat, just in case, the boy sat down and played one note; trying to get a feel of it. Playing a few more notes, Freddy straight went into a melody he had been thinking about for a song lately.

Notebook in hand, he started to write down the notes as he played.
Valencia was still adjusting to this new school thing. It. was. weird. She'd spent countless hours wandering trying to find her new place at the school. She'd been poking her head into random rooms when she heard something that immediately cheered her up.

It was a piano!

She followed the sound of of the music before finding a nearly empty music with a guy at the piano. She leaned against the doorframe and watched him play.
__________________
LilFox06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:43 AM   #5 (permalink)


DMGS & DMT
Mooncalf
 
Star-Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Gotham [GMT -5]
Posts: 6,963

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Freddy Walker
Sixth Year
x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriela Cardozo
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Anderson
Transportation
Default
kpop enthusiast ★ wannabe historian ★ Baekon ★ Baekry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Valencia was still adjusting to this new school thing. It. was. weird. She'd spent countless hours wandering trying to find her new place at the school. She'd been poking her head into random rooms when she heard something that immediately cheered her up.

It was a piano!

She followed the sound of of the music before finding a nearly empty music with a guy at the piano. She leaned against the doorframe and watched him play.
Freddy was too concentrated on what he was writing to even sense someone was watching him from the door. Though he wouldn’t be surprised if it were one of his younger sisters, seeing as the music room back at Hogwarts was always the first place they’d check for him. Continuing with the melody, the boy mumbled words to himself, trying to fit everything together. It had been a while since he had written down music notes for a song he’d written. Songs came to him so naturally, that he had almost filled up the notebook Delilah had gotten him a few months ago. Anyway, getting stuck on one part, the boy cursed himself and started playing from the beginning. Maybe that would give him a push to finish at least of the Melody by now. But it didn’t work as he had hoped.

Instead, he started playing Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata. Somehow, it always helped him when he got stuck either writing the words to a song or just It’s Melody.
__________________
But now that I'm broken, now that you know it.

'Cause I've got a jet black heart, and there's a hurricane underneath it.
Star-Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:39 AM   #6 (permalink)



DMT & DMIC
Chizpurfle
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 10,660

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valencia Phillips
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colin Roderick
Gringotts Wizarding Bank
Default
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
Freddy was too concentrated on what he was writing to even sense someone was watching him from the door. Though he wouldn’t be surprised if it were one of his younger sisters, seeing as the music room back at Hogwarts was always the first place they’d check for him. Continuing with the melody, the boy mumbled words to himself, trying to fit everything together. It had been a while since he had written down music notes for a song he’d written. Songs came to him so naturally, that he had almost filled up the notebook Delilah had gotten him a few months ago. Anyway, getting stuck on one part, the boy cursed himself and started playing from the beginning. Maybe that would give him a push to finish at least of the Melody by now. But it didn’t work as he had hoped.

Instead, he started playing Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata. Somehow, it always helped him when he got stuck either writing the words to a song or just It’s Melody.
Valencia swayed a bit to the music, appreciating the groove. She didn't recognize the music. Was it original? Perhaps it was just modern? She was classically trained, so she didn't actually know very much music.

This one she did recognize though.

"Beethoven." she said from her spot with a slight smile. "Good choice."
__________________
LilFox06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

MO
Imp
 
GD2204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 486

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ewan George Jones
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Delyth Rose Dominique
Minister's Office
Default For anyone! :)

Walking into the room, Ewan couldn’t help but admire the wall of instruments that clung to the wall, ready for the next student to use. He however would not be borrowing one and signing his name with the baby blue ostrich quill for he had his trusty, yet slightly worn ukulele. Setting his bag down next to the closest comfortable chair, he reached down and pulled it out lovingly, take his time when removing the olive-green silk cloth that was enclosed around it. Leaning back into the chair, he ran his hands up and down the neck of it for a movement, his mind lost for a moment. After a moment, his hands moved to the strings and he began to play, still not fully paying attention to the instrument in his hands or the room around him.
GD2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod


DMT & DIMC
Giant
 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: unwritten [GMT-6]
Posts: 57,635

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Carsyn Rose
Fourth Year

x12 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Louise Hamilton
International Cooperation
Default MJ! Gunnar!
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Eva's SoulSister | BigBadSis | SlytherPuff

Being that Carsyn didn't have quidditch - yet again - the fourth year found herself diving headfirst into two other things that she she enjoyed. One was baking and the other potions. Okay, she didn't particularly LOVE potions, but it was similar enough to cooking/baking, which meant the Gryffindor could get by with it. She especially loved when she got to combine the skills.

Having just brewed an innocent laughing potion, the fourth year headed off to find a friend to help her. A friend who was a boy might work better. Potion-infused cupcake on a plate, Carsyn peered into the music hall, figuring what better way to add to the music than the music of laughter. Anyone she knew??? MAYBE??? Elias? Orion? Nora? Anyone else?
__________________
[RPG] [Requests] [Skylar] [Drabbles] [Addina] [Tea Time]

Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow! Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:18 PM   #9 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,167

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
Walking into the room, Ewan couldn’t help but admire the wall of instruments that clung to the wall, ready for the next student to use. He however would not be borrowing one and signing his name with the baby blue ostrich quill for he had his trusty, yet slightly worn ukulele. Setting his bag down next to the closest comfortable chair, he reached down and pulled it out lovingly, take his time when removing the olive-green silk cloth that was enclosed around it. Leaning back into the chair, he ran his hands up and down the neck of it for a movement, his mind lost for a moment. After a moment, his hands moved to the strings and he began to play, still not fully paying attention to the instrument in his hands or the room around him.
Chloe was not musically talented, that had all went to her brother and her brother was actually why she was there. She hadn't seen him in a few days and she wanted to check-in. Not that she needed to, she was grown after all, but she felt better when she saw her brothers at least once a day. It was security of knowing they were safe and that she could find them when needed, being the only girl in the family did have its perks and having protective brothers was one of them. Something she hated just a few years ago had come to be a protection she liked to have.

Walking into the room she looked around, Gunnar wasn't in there, but someone else was. She stopped for a moment and watched him. Their year last year had pushed their friendship on a tightrope that was too slippery and they had fallen off. The kiss that happened hadn't helped anything, but she hated the awkward between them, she wanted the friendship back.

'Hey Ewan"
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

MO
Imp
 
GD2204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 486

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ewan George Jones
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Delyth Rose Dominique
Minister's Office
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Chloe was not musically talented, that had all went to her brother and her brother was actually why she was there. She hadn't seen him in a few days and she wanted to check-in. Not that she needed to, she was grown after all, but she felt better when she saw her brothers at least once a day. It was security of knowing they were safe and that she could find them when needed, being the only girl in the family did have its perks and having protective brothers was one of them. Something she hated just a few years ago had come to be a protection she liked to have.

Walking into the room she looked around, Gunnar wasn't in there, but someone else was. She stopped for a moment and watched him. Their year last year had pushed their friendship on a tightrope that was too slippery and they had fallen off. The kiss that happened hadn't helped anything, but she hated the awkward between them, she wanted the friendship back.

'Hey Ewan"
Ewan’s hands froze instantly the voice had said his name, his memory instantly linking it to the face of his blonde haired ‘friend’. He wasn’t sure what had surprised him more, the fact that someone had entered the room and he hadn’t noticed or the fact that it was Chloe, someone who he’d practically not spoken to for a year. A range of emotions flooded his face as he eyed her speculatively, unsure of really what to say or do at this very moment.

“Hey Chloe” That was cool. Right? He really wasn’t one for playing it cool and was absolutely no good at hiding how he felt but he’d managed to. Maybe. Without another word, he forced his fingers to pluck the strings of his ukulele now, hopefully making the interaction between them a little less awkward. The truth was, he missed his friend. A lot. More than he wanted to admit.
GD2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:27 AM   #11 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,167

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
Ewan’s hands froze instantly the voice had said his name, his memory instantly linking it to the face of his blonde haired ‘friend’. He wasn’t sure what had surprised him more, the fact that someone had entered the room and he hadn’t noticed or the fact that it was Chloe, someone who he’d practically not spoken to for a year. A range of emotions flooded his face as he eyed her speculatively, unsure of really what to say or do at this very moment.

“Hey Chloe” That was cool. Right? He really wasn’t one for playing it cool and was absolutely no good at hiding how he felt but he’d managed to. Maybe. Without another word, he forced his fingers to pluck the strings of his ukulele now, hopefully making the interaction between them a little less awkward. The truth was, he missed his friend. A lot. More than he wanted to admit.
She couldn't help but notice his movements, did he not want her there? Was he still upset over everything that had gone on the last term? She sighed a bit regretting the kiss, regretting the fight, it was just not worth it and she thought maybe she should just head out the door.

"You haven't seen Gunnar have you? I thought maybe he'd be in here. I hope I didn't interrupt you from practicing." Seeing him pick up an instrument she watched, "Do you play that?" She felt like she should know that or at least be aware, but maybe there were many things she really didn't know about this person in front of her.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Newbie & Mungo's


DMT & DMGS
Bicorn
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,544

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Sixth Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports
Default also mentions of Chloe and Ewan because why not ^^
Unforgivably Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Being that Carsyn didn't have quidditch - yet again - the fourth year found herself diving headfirst into two other things that she she enjoyed. One was baking and the other potions. Okay, she didn't particularly LOVE potions, but it was similar enough to cooking/baking, which meant the Gryffindor could get by with it. She especially loved when she got to combine the skills.

Having just brewed an innocent laughing potion, the fourth year headed off to find a friend to help her. A friend who was a boy might work better. Potion-infused cupcake on a plate, Carsyn peered into the music hall, figuring what better way to add to the music than the music of laughter. Anyone she knew??? MAYBE??? Elias? Orion? Nora? Anyone else?
If there was anything that Gunnar liked better here at Beauxbatons than at Hogwarts, it was decidedly the Music Hall. What could be better than having enough instruments that he didn't have to share the piano (at least not often) and not only that, the room was somehow charmed in a way that he could audibly isolate himself. He could play his piano solos without having to hear the cacophony of lesser skilled musicians.

And since he had some extra time after classes today, the seventeen year old headed to the second floor and towards the music room. "Excuse me," he said to the girl in the doorway (Carsyn) as he squeezed past. He vaguely recognized her as she seemed to know him from Quidditch or something, but he didn't remember her name.

"Hi, Chloe," he gave his sister a smile, spotting her next as he walked towards the piano. "Ewan." The Slytherin prefect gave the boy a nod, noting he was in conversation with his sister. He wouldn't bother them as he was planning on practicing the piano on his own anyway.

And he sat at the bench, immediately feeling as if he was in his own private sound bubble, even with other people around. Picking up a stack of sheet music, he began rifling through it, looking for something inspiring to play.
__________________
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

MO
Imp
 
GD2204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 486

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ewan George Jones
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Delyth Rose Dominique
Minister's Office
Default Mentions Carsyn, Gunnar and Chloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She couldn't help but notice his movements, did he not want her there? Was he still upset over everything that had gone on the last term? She sighed a bit regretting the kiss, regretting the fight, it was just not worth it and she thought maybe she should just head out the door.

"You haven't seen Gunnar have you? I thought maybe he'd be in here. I hope I didn't interrupt you from practicing." Seeing him pick up an instrument she watched, "Do you play that?" She felt like she should know that or at least be aware, but maybe there were many things she really didn't know about this person in front of her.
With a small sigh of relief, Ewan continued to pluck the strings of his instrument, a small smile appearing on his face now as he relaxed a little more. One of Ewan’s many gifts was to let certain things drop. Out of sight, out of mind. He may have a long memory but he knew when to move on and when to forgive.

“Nope, I haven’t sorry, although I think someone else is around somewhere” (Carsyn) Seeing her eye the instrument, he smiled “this is my favourite instrument. I play it when I want to relax and just zone out. Do you play?” holding out the ukulele towards her now. He really wasn’t sure if she played or not but a friend could offer, right?


Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
If there was anything that Gunnar liked better here at Beauxbatons than at Hogwarts, it was decidedly the Music Hall. What could be better than having enough instruments that he didn't have to share the piano (at least not often) and not only that, the room was somehow charmed in a way that he could audibly isolate himself. He could play his piano solos without having to hear the cacophony of lesser skilled musicians.

And since he had some extra time after classes today, the seventeen year old headed to the second floor and towards the music room. "Excuse me," he said to the girl in the doorway (Carsyn) as he squeezed past. He vaguely recognized her as she seemed to know him from Quidditch or something, but he didn't remember her name.

"Hi, Chloe," he gave his sister a smile, spotting her next as he walked towards the piano. "Ewan." The Slytherin prefect gave the boy a nod, noting he was in conversation with his sister. He wouldn't bother them as he was planning on practicing the piano on his own anyway.

And he sat at the bench, immediately feeling as if he was in his own private sound bubble, even with other people around. Picking up a stack of sheet music, he began rifling through it, looking for something inspiring to play.
What was the saying, ask and you shall receive? Just as if he’d been summoned with an accio charm, here was Gunnar. “S’up Gunnar”. Not wanting to bother the older boy who was obviously there to practice, he turned his attention back to Chloe, a slight look of curiosity on his face now as he wondered if Gunnar knew that Chloe had kissed him. Would he still give him a nod? Not likely.
GD2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:56 AM   #14 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,167

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
With a small sigh of relief, Ewan continued to pluck the strings of his instrument, a small smile appearing on his face now as he relaxed a little more. One of Ewan’s many gifts was to let certain things drop. Out of sight, out of mind. He may have a long memory but he knew when to move on and when to forgive.

“Nope, I haven’t sorry, although I think someone else is around somewhere” (Carsyn) Seeing her eye the instrument, he smiled “this is my favourite instrument. I play it when I want to relax and just zone out. Do you play?” holding out the ukulele towards her now. He really wasn’t sure if she played or not but a friend could offer, right?




What was the saying, ask and you shall receive? Just as if he’d been summoned with an accio charm, here was Gunnar. “S’up Gunnar”. Not wanting to bother the older boy who was obviously there to practice, he turned his attention back to Chloe, a slight look of curiosity on his face now as he wondered if Gunnar knew that Chloe had kissed him. Would he still give him a nod? Not likely.

Well that was alright, he had to be somewhere around this school, she would find him at some point. When Ewan went back to his instrument she just watched before shaking her head, "Nah, Gunnar got all that talent. He plays the piano really well. It's amazing to listen to him." She always enjoyed hearing her brother play.

"How long have..." before she could finish the sentence someone else had entered the room and smiling she realized it was the very person she had been looking for, but now, now she was actually talking with Ewan, so she didn't want to interrupt that. "Hey Gunnar" smiling she watched her brother head to his spot, maybe they would get to hear some of his music.

Her eyes going back to her friend she looked at his instrument, "anyway, how long have you played?"
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 05:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod


DMT & DIMC
Giant
 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: unwritten [GMT-6]
Posts: 57,635

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Carsyn Rose
Fourth Year

x12 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Louise Hamilton
International Cooperation
Default
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Eva's SoulSister | BigBadSis | SlytherPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
If there was anything that Gunnar liked better here at Beauxbatons than at Hogwarts, it was decidedly the Music Hall. What could be better than having enough instruments that he didn't have to share the piano (at least not often) and not only that, the room was somehow charmed in a way that he could audibly isolate himself. He could play his piano solos without having to hear the cacophony of lesser skilled musicians.

And since he had some extra time after classes today, the seventeen year old headed to the second floor and towards the music room. "Excuse me," he said to the girl in the doorway (Carsyn) as he squeezed past. He vaguely recognized her as she seemed to know him from Quidditch or something, but he didn't remember her name.

"Hi, Chloe," he gave his sister a smile, spotting her next as he walked towards the piano. "Ewan." The Slytherin prefect gave the boy a nod, noting he was in conversation with his sister. He wouldn't bother them as he was planning on practicing the piano on his own anyway.

And he sat at the bench, immediately feeling as if he was in his own private sound bubble, even with other people around. Picking up a stack of sheet music, he began rifling through it, looking for something inspiring to play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
With a small sigh of relief, Ewan continued to pluck the strings of his instrument, a small smile appearing on his face now as he relaxed a little more. One of Ewan’s many gifts was to let certain things drop. Out of sight, out of mind. He may have a long memory but he knew when to move on and when to forgive.

“Nope, I haven’t sorry, although I think someone else is around somewhere” (Carsyn) Seeing her eye the instrument, he smiled “this is my favourite instrument. I play it when I want to relax and just zone out. Do you play?” holding out the ukulele towards her now. He really wasn’t sure if she played or not but a friend could offer, right?

What was the saying, ask and you shall receive? Just as if he’d been summoned with an accio charm, here was Gunnar. “S’up Gunnar”. Not wanting to bother the older boy who was obviously there to practice, he turned his attention back to Chloe, a slight look of curiosity on his face now as he wondered if Gunnar knew that Chloe had kissed him. Would he still give him a nod? Not likely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Well that was alright, he had to be somewhere around this school, she would find him at some point. When Ewan went back to his instrument she just watched before shaking her head, "Nah, Gunnar got all that talent. He plays the piano really well. It's amazing to listen to him." She always enjoyed hearing her brother play.

"How long have..." before she could finish the sentence someone else had entered the room and smiling she realized it was the very person she had been looking for, but now, now she was actually talking with Ewan, so she didn't want to interrupt that. "Hey Gunnar" smiling she watched her brother head to his spot, maybe they would get to hear some of his music.

Her eyes going back to her friend she looked at his instrument, "anyway, how long have you played?"
Aha! Gunnar McCarthy would be the perfect victim and the cupcake wasn't even laced with amortentia was admittedly a missed opportunity. Alas though, as confident as Carsyn Rose was, she couldn't just outright ASK him to try her cupcake because he wasn't an idiot. Slytherins were nothing if not the most skeptical of all the houses, which meant she needed to be smart about how to get him to try this.

"Bonjour McCarthys." She greeted, because Chloe was there too. Also, that was about the extent of her French, so don't expect more out of her. "Ewan. Hi." She nodded at him as well. Oh, so they were going to be playing an instrument, which meant, perfect opportunity for a ... reward after.

"Who's playing what?" Also, no, she didn't play an instrument. Only instrument she played was a broomstick and so no to music, but she was definitely an appreciator of the arts. Gunnar, hopefully, first.
__________________
[RPG] [Requests] [Skylar] [Drabbles] [Addina] [Tea Time]

Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow! Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

MO
Imp
 
GD2204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 486

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ewan George Jones
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Delyth Rose Dominique
Minister's Office
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Well that was alright, he had to be somewhere around this school, she would find him at some point. When Ewan went back to his instrument she just watched before shaking her head, "Nah, Gunnar got all that talent. He plays the piano really well. It's amazing to listen to him." She always enjoyed hearing her brother play.

"How long have..." before she could finish the sentence someone else had entered the room and smiling she realized it was the very person she had been looking for, but now, now she was actually talking with Ewan, so she didn't want to interrupt that. "Hey Gunnar" smiling she watched her brother head to his spot, maybe they would get to hear some of his music.

Her eyes going back to her friend she looked at his instrument, "anyway, how long have you played?"
With a small nod and smile, Ewan couldn’t help but briefly wonder how good Gunnar was, his own inner musician yearning to improve and always get better. Making a mental note to maybe watch the older Slytherin play, he gave Chloe a small nod and smile before answering, “Since I was pretty young actually. I started to learn how to play guitar first but then just kind of fell into this” he gestured to the mahogany ukulele in his hands now, the same one he’d had for what must have been 8 or 9 years now. “It was a present actually from…” But before he finished, the mystery person in the room revealed themselves to be Carsyn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Aha! Gunnar McCarthy would be the perfect victim and the cupcake wasn't even laced with amortentia was admittedly a missed opportunity. Alas though, as confident as Carsyn Rose was, she couldn't just outright ASK him to try her cupcake because he wasn't an idiot. Slytherins were nothing if not the most skeptical of all the houses, which meant she needed to be smart about how to get him to try this.

"Bonjour McCarthys." She greeted, because Chloe was there too. Also, that was about the extent of her French, so don't expect more out of her. "Ewan. Hi." She nodded at him as well. Oh, so they were going to be playing an instrument, which meant, perfect opportunity for a ... reward after.

"Who's playing what?" Also, no, she didn't play an instrument. Only instrument she played was a broomstick and so no to music, but she was definitely an appreciator of the arts. Gunnar, hopefully, first.
“What’s up Carsyn? I’m just playing this” holding up his Ukulele now for the younger Gryffindor to see now. “What are you up to in here? You don’t play something, do you?” His eyes looking her over now in search of an instrument.
GD2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:24 PM   #17 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,167

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
With a small nod and smile, Ewan couldn’t help but briefly wonder how good Gunnar was, his own inner musician yearning to improve and always get better. Making a mental note to maybe watch the older Slytherin play, he gave Chloe a small nod and smile before answering, “Since I was pretty young actually. I started to learn how to play guitar first but then just kind of fell into this” he gestured to the mahogany ukulele in his hands now, the same one he’d had for what must have been 8 or 9 years now. “It was a present actually from…” But before he finished, the mystery person in the room revealed themselves to be Carsyn.



“What’s up Carsyn? I’m just playing this” holding up his Ukulele now for the younger Gryffindor to see now. “What are you up to in here? You don’t play something, do you?” His eyes looking her over now in search of an instrument.
She glanced from Carsyn to Ewen because it seemed Gunnar was already head to practice so when the girl asked about playing she figured she meant out of the three of them and that was a hard pass from Chloe. "Bonjour" They were going to do the french thing? Well Chloe was alright with that, she was used to speaking in another language with English at Hogwarts, but she did know some french from her family so she continued in french, 'I don't play anything so that is up to all of you, if you want to play with Ewen I can back up."

Then she noticed that Ewen wasn't speaking french and Carsyn had gone back to English, this was going to be exhausting this year. "Oh that's really cool. Mum wanted me to get into some music, but I just never had an interest like others in my family. My dad plays amazingly too." Her mum didn't play anything so she figured she got the lack of talent from her.
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Newbie & Mungo's


DMT & DMGS
Bicorn
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,544

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Sixth Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports
Default
Unforgivably Cursed

Gunnar vaguely heard the Gryffindor girl (Carsyn) ask who was playing which instrument, but he didn't answer her, assuming she was asking Chloe and Ewan. Or maybe she was hoping they would play some sort of group thing with her, not knowing if she played something or not. Either way, he did not care much. He was obviously playing the piano as he was sat there and he wasn't about to play with anyone. In fact, he couldn't be more glad for the charms that allowed him not to hear anyone else's instruments as he played, especially as he saw the Ravenclaw boy currently holding a ukulele, because... eh.

Figuring the other two were friends of his sister and that they were now engaging in conversation with each other, the Slytherin kept his focus where it was at the piano, and left them to their business. Finding a fairly contemporary piece among the sheet music, Gunnar pulled that one out and slowly began practicing it until he was more familiar with its cadence.
__________________
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180