sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic > Lower Levels > Atrium

Atrium Welcome to the Ministry of Magic!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-12-2018, 05:34 AM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is online now
 
Default Fountain of Magical Brethren

Halfway into the Atrium, gleaming in all its golden glory is the Fountain of Magical Brethren. The large fountain depicts golden figures of a wizard, witch, centaur, goblin, and a house-elf with jets of water spouting out into the fountain below. The focal point of the fountain are the witch and wizard, the other beings looking up at the pair with adoration. Gaze at the lovely fountain as you make your way to the other various locations within the Ministry.

Peacock blue ceiling with golden symbols moving over it, and polished dark wood floors, the Atrium serves to welcome all visitors to the British Ministry of Magic and is the place all Ministry workers must pass through to get to their respectable departments. If you look closely at the windows overlooking the atrium, you may catch a glimpse of Ministry employees, namely security, observing all those who pass through the atrium.

Not far from the Fountain of Magical Brethren is a small stand that serves coffee and a danishes to workers too busy to stop and have a proper meal. The large room is incessantly full of busy employees, but only a few ever care to stop and chat you up; our wonderful Welcome Wizard who is there to assist the public, and the security workers watching out for the leery. You should hope to only ever be stopped by the former, else you may find yourself taking an unexpected trip to the security office.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Other Characters
Jarvey
 
The Announcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 637

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer
Default

No, the fountain had not been turned off.

The muffled sound of pipes creaking came from the fountain’s foundation. Water pressure was building inside the statues, a low groan emanating in the pipes. Just before the pipes could burst, whatever had caused the temporary water outage, vanished. The built-up water exploded from the fountain spraying everyone in a 20-foot radius. The water from the witch and wizard's wands gushed with the force and range of a muggle fire sprinkler system. The spray from the centaur’s arrow hit the Minster for Magic in the face, while one of the house elf’s ears squirted the Environmental Ranger (Katrina) in the back of the head.
__________________
The Announcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:23 AM   #27 (permalink)


DERP & DMGS
Augurey
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Looking at the sky
Posts: 11,809

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fiona "FP" Jenovick
First Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille (Lucy) Pembrooke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Swann
Games & Sports
Default
come and show me the magic | Sacred Twenty-Eight | black cats go with everything | ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
No, the fountain had not been turned off.

The muffled sound of pipes creaking came from the fountain’s foundation. Water pressure was building inside the statues, a low groan emanating in the pipes. Just before the pipes could burst, whatever had caused the temporary water outage, vanished. The built-up water exploded from the fountain spraying everyone in a 20-foot radius. The water from the witch and wizard's wands gushed with the force and range of a muggle fire sprinkler system. The spray from the centaur’s arrow hit the Minster for Magic in the face, while one of the house elf’s ears squirted the Environmental Ranger (Katrina) in the back of the head.
Lucy could hear a strange creaking sound, followed by a groan. The young woman peered at the fountain when all of a sudden a vast amount of water hit her, making her clothes cling to her body and leaving her red hair looking rather bedraggled.
__________________
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:52 PM   #28 (permalink)


DERP & DoM
Moke
 
Kimothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lurkin' (GMT+8)
Posts: 8,493

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Drewett Percy Gunter
Sixth Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Katrina Marie Belrose
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Andrea "Anya" Gonzales
Mysteries
Default
Slytherin's Baby!Keeper • Opossum • All Growed Up • Kimoji •❅ice ice baby

Perhaps it was wise to pay a visit to the healer, to have themselves checked, but Kat simply wasn't in the right state of mind for explaining how her day went to anyone. Not yet, at least, because she felt it would be necessary to keep remove baggage off her shoulders. All she really wanted, at the moment, was cuddles from her husband and her kids and her best friend. Sounded like an excellent plan.

Kat was set on ignoring the fountain, already deciding that it was maintenance duty, when a jet of water hit the back of her head. "Ow," the blond said as her hand impulsively went to touch where she had been struck.

Glares. All the glares at the fountain. "Should tell the maintenance that this isn't funny, minister." Wasn't Minister Hollingberry getting all the bad luck today?
__________________
I was lost, now I'm found___________________________________________

____________________I put my hands in the air, and my knees to the ground
Kimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 33,716

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

This was ludicrous.

The moment his dismissal of everyone left his lips - trying to disperse the atrium and get the growing crowd of rubberneckers on their merry ways - was the Minister greeted with a face full of water. First paper, now water. He could do without his face making contact with the remaining elements.

And now it looked like it would be more than DERP needed to be examined by the healers from St. Mungo's.

Certainly not anticipating this and therefore entirely defenseless, taking the full force of the water with his face knocked Charles right over like one of those dolls at a carnival that you shoot with a water gun. Not just that, but the pressure from the water even managed to push the Minister across the floor a few additional inches like he was some wet rag.

No, certainly not funny and certainly not his day.
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 03:11 PM   #30 (permalink)




DMLE & DMAC
Knarl
 
Daemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ProcrastinationLand
Posts: 9,374

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ayana Sissay
Graduated
x4 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Benzi Rider
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Bambi Ackerly
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default looks like a party
PHILOMATH ❅ not one atom, but two ♪ ♪ made of starstuff ❅ </head><body>

Benzi popped back into the atrium as yet another day of going door to door in the North yielded exactly zero results. His merry men were proving very elusive, yet very confident. Not his favourite of combinations among criminals. The three victims currently being treated at Mungo's were a clear indication that he needed to close his case soon. Besides, he'd really like to put this case to rest and get back to his Northern Ireland situation-

Uh. Speaking of situations??

"Minister??" the auror rushed to the fallen man, noting the faulty fountain and also the gathering of people around it. What had happened here? As he ran, Benzi reached into his pocket and pulled out on of the several small stones he always kept on hand, tossed in the air and transfigured it into an umbrella which he enlarged several times until its radius was larger than his own height.

Setting the oversized umbrella protectively over the minister's frame, he crouched down. "Minister Hollingberry, sir, can you sit up?"
__________________
when the moon is big and bright__________________________________________________ _____
it's a supernatural delight
__________________________________________________ ________
_____________________________________
_________everybody's dancing in the mooooooonlight ____________________________________
Daemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:22 PM   #31 (permalink)



DMLE
Ramora
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MV Seamus
Posts: 5,335

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daila Renata Ojeda
Fifth Year
x7 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement
Default here, have a Ronan just for good measure ;P
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter| U-NA-GI

Lunch. Lunch and maybe some quality time with his special someone before they had to dash off again. That's all the almost auror had been after. But it seemed like the fountain had other plans, because of course. Luckily, he'd noticed the stream of water out the corner of his eye and was able to block it from hitting him with some quick wand work. Unfortunately, it looked like some weren't as lucky (or didn't have auror senses).

For what was probably the first time ever, Ronan contemplated getting the heck out of dodge before he could be spotted. Had his hand on the door to the phone booth, even. But whatever it was in him that had caused him to get sorted into Gryffindor also caused him to turn right back around and join the crowd, impervius charm cast overhead. "Impressive." he remarked quietly, an eyebrow raised. By which he meant that it was impressive that someone had managed to tamper with the fountain with all kinds of security people et al. around. "Wonder if it's related to all the other odd things that have been going on around here lately?" Had to be, right?
__________________
Why’re men great ‘til they gotta be great?

Don’t text me tell me straight to my face
lazykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Doxy
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 5,828

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuil “Sammy” Killebrew
Third Year
x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
Default
*randomly tagged*

It didn’t take long for the room to stop spinning. He had placed his arms protectively around her as they spun and as the room stopped, he gave her a little squeeze. ”Done,” he said simply. Then taking her hand, he had led her towards the room straight ahead.

A few turns and a lift ride later, Adam had led Zita up to the Atrium where the coffee cart was. He might have forgotten his cane, but he had not forgotten his wallet. Still holding her hand with his right and the bag of goodies she had brought him in his left, he paused in the entrance to the Atrium. ”Um,” he turned towards Zita, blue eyes staring a little too high on her face. ” Das coffee cart should be near das fountain. Do you mind leading?” He gestured to the room with the bag of sweets.
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:49 AM   #33 (permalink)
Murtlap
 
Waful the Snowy Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 60
Default

Heading his master's instructions, Waful managed to squeeze himself into the red human box alongside a very confused someone who tried swatting at him with her handbag until the owl was able to fly out of the box and into wider spaces.

Zipping, loopty looping, and screeching, Waful did everything he could to draw attention to himself. The snowy owl was no Rough Collie dog, but he would do given the circumstances.
Waful the Snowy Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:47 AM   #34 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Newbie & Mungo's


DMT & DMGS
Bicorn
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,506

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Sixth Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports
Default
Unforgivably Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waful the Snowy Owl View Post
Heading his master's instructions, Waful managed to squeeze himself into the red human box alongside a very confused someone who tried swatting at him with her handbag until the owl was able to fly out of the box and into wider spaces.

Zipping, loopty looping, and screeching, Waful did everything he could to draw attention to himself. The snowy owl was no Rough Collie dog, but he would do given the circumstances.
Kendra was fairly sure she had fixed the atmosphere charm that had somehow gone wrong in her office, the evidence of softly fallen snow on her shoulders and in her hair beginning to melt. It was starting to seem a little strange, these mild charms mishaps here and there lately, but she supposed that happened time and again. It was just a little more than annoying, but thankfully she had such a strong charms background that she could take care of certain things herself should the need arise.

But once she had her office sorted, the Transportation department head needed a minute to herself. It took a hot minute to get the weather regulated again and she thought it a good idea to take a walk to clear her head. Though the noise emanating from the atrium did little to calm her nerves.

Turning her head towards the cacophony, Kendra placed her hands on her hips as she eyed up the snowy owl. An owl flying through the Ministry wasn't such a surprising sight to her, but his outburst seemed out of place. Who was he delivering a message to? Was he lost? "Well, what is it?" she asked of him as if expecting an answer.
__________________
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:55 PM   #35 (permalink)
Murtlap
 
Waful the Snowy Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Kendra was fairly sure she had fixed the atmosphere charm that had somehow gone wrong in her office, the evidence of softly fallen snow on her shoulders and in her hair beginning to melt. It was starting to seem a little strange, these mild charms mishaps here and there lately, but she supposed that happened time and again. It was just a little more than annoying, but thankfully she had such a strong charms background that she could take care of certain things herself should the need arise.

But once she had her office sorted, the Transportation department head needed a minute to herself. It took a hot minute to get the weather regulated again and she thought it a good idea to take a walk to clear her head. Though the noise emanating from the atrium did little to calm her nerves.

Turning her head towards the cacophony, Kendra placed her hands on her hips as she eyed up the snowy owl. An owl flying through the Ministry wasn't such a surprising sight to her, but his outburst seemed out of place. Who was he delivering a message to? Was he lost? "Well, what is it?" she asked of him as if expecting an answer.
Waful was going to begin dive bombing heads and snatching off toupees if he did not receive the attention he needed. Thankfully for all the toupees of the Ministry, a woman appeared - though the snowy owl was not accustomed to her tones and therefore could not fully understand her. What the owl did know was that his master needed help...and from more than just one woman.

So, in what would go down in history as the first performance of owl charades at the Ministry of Magic, Waful gave his most valiant attempt at relaying the situation to the woman.

First, naturally, came a swooped down to her robes (and hair) and then tugged aggressively to portray his need for her to come with. But then the snowy owl also swooped around the Atrium and grabbed at random people to try and convey that there was a need for many. Swooping back towards the woman, his beak tugged on her left sleeve - assuming it was also her wand hand as it was his master's - and then performed several figure eights in the air before her in rabid succession one beside the other.

Figure eight...eight legs...acromantulas...it was all very obvious to the owl.
__________________
Waful the Snowy Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:48 AM   #36 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,148

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
It didn’t take long for the room to stop spinning. He had placed his arms protectively around her as they spun and as the room stopped, he gave her a little squeeze. ”Done,” he said simply. Then taking her hand, he had led her towards the room straight ahead.

A few turns and a lift ride later, Adam had led Zita up to the Atrium where the coffee cart was. He might have forgotten his cane, but he had not forgotten his wallet. Still holding her hand with his right and the bag of goodies she had brought him in his left, he paused in the entrance to the Atrium. ”Um,” he turned towards Zita, blue eyes staring a little too high on her face. ” Das coffee cart should be near das fountain. Do you mind leading?” He gestured to the room with the bag of sweets.
She followed in silence once they were out of the room. Her mind going in different directions and just trying to get composure and her body to stop feeling like it was still spinning. Why was it when she tried to do something nice, it tended to blow up? Z had been trying really hard to change and not be what she use to be, but this new form of being nice and trying to do with other's and feeling, this was not fun at the moment. She was missing when guys fell at her feet with just her looks, but that wasn't his fault and she knew that had gotten her into trouble, so putting it out of her mind she tried to get her self in a better mood.

"Coffee would be nice, but then I'll have to go." She took his hand to lead the way over. She looked around to make sure she knew where she was headed and saw a seat. Making sure the seat was pushed out and he could sit down she looked at the coffee cart. "What would you like, I can go get them."
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:32 PM   #37 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Doxy
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 5,828

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuil “Sammy” Killebrew
Third Year
x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
Default
*randomly tagged*

Text Cut: Zita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She followed in silence once they were out of the room. Her mind going in different directions and just trying to get composure and her body to stop feeling like it was still spinning. Why was it when she tried to do something nice, it tended to blow up? Z had been trying really hard to change and not be what she use to be, but this new form of being nice and trying to do with other's and feeling, this was not fun at the moment. She was missing when guys fell at her feet with just her looks, but that wasn't his fault and she knew that had gotten her into trouble, so putting it out of her mind she tried to get her self in a better mood.

"Coffee would be nice, but then I'll have to go." She took his hand to lead the way over. She looked around to make sure she knew where she was headed and saw a seat. Making sure the seat was pushed out and he could sit down she looked at the coffee cart. "What would you like, I can go get them."

Adam may not show it, but he hated having to ask for help. He had come to terms with the fact that he needed to ask, but coming to terms with something didn’t make it any easier. Just the simple act of asking Zita to lead him across the room left him feeling slightly devitalized. Perhaps if he had been born blind, he wouldn’t feel the same way, but here he was…being led around by the hand in a manner that made him feel like he was two years old again. He hadn’t come up here often when his eyesight had been fine, and he came up here even less now that he could hardly make out anything at all. In the silence that stretched between them, memories of the last time he had tried to socialize in the food court overwhelmed him and he could almost feel the sticky drip-drip-plop of the pudding dribble down the back of his neck and the echoes of that jerk’s laughter in his ears. Would that happen out here? If so, would Zita help him? Or would she laugh at him? Was she going to lead him out into the middle of the room and then bolt, leaving him to fend for himself? A hundred other scenarios ran through his head and his breath seemed to lodge in his throat, choking him. He wanted to let go of Zita’s hand and turn and scurry back to his potions lab.

The sound of her voice partially pulled him out of his distress and he felt compelled to see this surprise outing through. He still didn’t fully understand why Zita had come and more importantly why she seemed mad at him. He hadn’t done anything wrong and yet he felt terribly guilty somehow. Like he owed her flowers and candy and an apology. His confusion over her reaction in the Entry Chamber did little to help qualm the fears bubbling inside. ”Okay,” he somehow managed to croak out. ”I’m sure vou have other zings to do.”

But in spite of his determination to see Zita receive her promised coffee, Adam found that after a few steps into the room, his feet had stopped. He only realized it when Zita’s hand tugged on his. Without his sunglasses to hide behind, Adam’s pale face looked a little green and his soft blue eyes were big and wide. He felt another tug and, swallowing, forced himself to march on behind her. He was surprised to hear the scrape of a chair on tile and realized she had led him, not to the coffee cart as he had expected, but to a place to sit. Again, trying to fight off the feeling of feebleness, Adam set his jaw and put the paper bag down on the table. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a few coins which he held out to her. If she wasn’t going to let him order his own drink, he was at least going to pay for them. In his palm was enough money for both their drinks. ”Hot chocolate, bitte,” he said simply. After Encephalon subjugation, Adam couldn’t touch coffee anymore.
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:18 PM   #38 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,148

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default She is such a pain... I'm sorry Adam.
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Adam may not show it, but he hated having to ask for help. He had come to terms with the fact that he needed to ask, but coming to terms with something didn’t make it any easier. Just the simple act of asking Zita to lead him across the room left him feeling slightly devitalized. Perhaps if he had been born blind, he wouldn’t feel the same way, but here he was…being led around by the hand in a manner that made him feel like he was two years old again. He hadn’t come up here often when his eyesight had been fine, and he came up here even less now that he could hardly make out anything at all. In the silence that stretched between them, memories of the last time he had tried to socialize in the food court overwhelmed him and he could almost feel the sticky drip-drip-plop of the pudding dribble down the back of his neck and the echoes of that jerk’s laughter in his ears. Would that happen out here? If so, would Zita help him? Or would she laugh at him? Was she going to lead him out into the middle of the room and then bolt, leaving him to fend for himself? A hundred other scenarios ran through his head and his breath seemed to lodge in his throat, choking him. He wanted to let go of Zita’s hand and turn and scurry back to his potions lab.

The sound of her voice partially pulled him out of his distress and he felt compelled to see this surprise outing through. He still didn’t fully understand why Zita had come and more importantly why she seemed mad at him. He hadn’t done anything wrong and yet he felt terribly guilty somehow. Like he owed her flowers and candy and an apology. His confusion over her reaction in the Entry Chamber did little to help qualm the fears bubbling inside. ”Okay,” he somehow managed to croak out. ”I’m sure vou have other zings to do.”

But in spite of his determination to see Zita receive her promised coffee, Adam found that after a few steps into the room, his feet had stopped. He only realized it when Zita’s hand tugged on his. Without his sunglasses to hide behind, Adam’s pale face looked a little green and his soft blue eyes were big and wide. He felt another tug and, swallowing, forced himself to march on behind her. He was surprised to hear the scrape of a chair on tile and realized she had led him, not to the coffee cart as he had expected, but to a place to sit. Again, trying to fight off the feeling of feebleness, Adam set his jaw and put the paper bag down on the table. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a few coins which he held out to her. If she wasn’t going to let him order his own drink, he was at least going to pay for them. In his palm was enough money for both their drinks. ”Hot chocolate, bitte,” he said simply. After Encephalon subjugation, Adam couldn’t touch coffee anymore.
She was really hoping that the coffee would help her mood. She still felt her stomach in her throat from the spinning, no need to see an amusement park anytime soon, all one had to do was go have fun in this stupid building. Why was the ministry so annoying to her? She had come for her NEWTS and was fine, but after the bowling, after the minister acted the way he did and then that spinning room, she had no use for this place, but as she watched Adam pull out the money she felt something pull, she had come for him, she had come to bring him a treat, the room wasn't his fault. If she had told him she was coming he probably would have warned her, but she wanted to what... surprise him?

"I can get it." Though she reached out and took the money, she didn't want to argue with him and looking at his face closely she could see he was anxious. Maybe she should just go, maybe this was the worst idea.

She turned and headed to the cart though, getting him the hot chocolate and her the coffee. Once she returned she placed the hot chocolate and his change on the table in front of him and took a seat. "It is really hot so be careful." She looked around the place, it wasn't too busy. "Do you come here often? I mean I guess you probably do since you work here."
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 05:09 PM   #39 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Doxy
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 5,828

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuil “Sammy” Killebrew
Third Year
x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
Default
*randomly tagged*

Text Cut: Zita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She was really hoping that the coffee would help her mood. She still felt her stomach in her throat from the spinning, no need to see an amusement park anytime soon, all one had to do was go have fun in this stupid building. Why was the ministry so annoying to her? She had come for her NEWTS and was fine, but after the bowling, after the minister acted the way he did and then that spinning room, she had no use for this place, but as she watched Adam pull out the money she felt something pull, she had come for him, she had come to bring him a treat, the room wasn't his fault. If she had told him she was coming he probably would have warned her, but she wanted to what... surprise him?

"I can get it." Though she reached out and took the money, she didn't want to argue with him and looking at his face closely she could see he was anxious. Maybe she should just go, maybe this was the worst idea.

She turned and headed to the cart though, getting him the hot chocolate and her the coffee. Once she returned she placed the hot chocolate and his change on the table in front of him and took a seat. "It is really hot so be careful." She looked around the place, it wasn't too busy. "Do you come here often? I mean I guess you probably do since you work here."

He almost pulled his hand back when Zita said she would pay, but didn’t and was grateful when he felt her fingers brush his as she took the money. He stupidly stood there for a moment before sitting down. His fingers toyed with the paper bag as he tried to decide if he should eat the treat she had brought him or not. If he was honest, he wasn’t even sure he was going to be able to stomach the cocoa until he was safely back in his lab, let alone anything solid. He reached up, rubbing his neck as if he trying to wipe away something, his mind still replaying the pudding incident. ” Ich bin dumm (I’m being stupid),” he muttered to himself. Surely there wasn’t any pudding in the bag or in the atrium. Whatever it was in there surely couldn’t do too much damage. He pulled open the bag and pulled out the treat.

He smelled the hot chocolate and that scent he associated with Zita before he heard her approach. His head turned slightly in her direction. “Dankeshön,” he said softly. He fiddled with the wrapper around the pastry she had brought as he answered her. ”Nein,” he said shaking his head no. ” I do not often leave mein department.” He put the pastry down and rubbed at his face with both hands, still feeling like he was covered in pudding. ”Last time,” he finally said despite his misgivings that it would just make him look more pathetic in her mind. ” Last time I came up to eat lunch, someone knocked mein food out of mein hands, dumped pudding all over me, laughed, und left me alone to clean it all up.” That was the short of it. It had been more like the man had taunted him in almost a mocking manner as if the man had thought it funny Adam was blind. Worse, it had taken him a long time to get rid of the pudding in his hair, even with a cleaning spell. Sure he had potions explode all the time, but at least in his lab, he knew how to handle things and it wasn’t in front of the entire ministry.
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 04:33 PM   #40 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Newbie & Mungo's


DMT & DMGS
Bicorn
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,506

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Sixth Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports
Default Anyone is welcome to join in this rescue mission!
Unforgivably Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waful the Snowy Owl View Post
Waful was going to begin dive bombing heads and snatching off toupees if he did not receive the attention he needed. Thankfully for all the toupees of the Ministry, a woman appeared - though the snowy owl was not accustomed to her tones and therefore could not fully understand her. What the owl did know was that his master needed help...and from more than just one woman.

So, in what would go down in history as the first performance of owl charades at the Ministry of Magic, Waful gave his most valiant attempt at relaying the situation to the woman.

First, naturally, came a swooped down to her robes (and hair) and then tugged aggressively to portray his need for her to come with. But then the snowy owl also swooped around the Atrium and grabbed at random people to try and convey that there was a need for many. Swooping back towards the woman, his beak tugged on her left sleeve - assuming it was also her wand hand as it was his master's - and then performed several figure eights in the air before her in rabid succession one beside the other.

Figure eight...eight legs...acromantulas...it was all very obvious to the owl.
Honestly, Kendra was simply expecting a message of the written sort, as that was what owls typically did, not... this display of animal charades. And could he not get the message across without his talons in her hair?

"This is highly irregular!" she exclaimed as she shooed him out of her hair. The snow in her office had been bad enough, but this... She'd certainly need an emergency appointment at her hairdresser. "What is this madness?" Kendra watched as the frantic owl clearly tried to get the attention of anyone within grasping reach.

Obviously there was some sort of message he was trying to convey, but the department head was not parsing it together. Still, she could understand that help was probably needed, so she gestured to the nearest Ministry worker, one who had also been accosted by the owl. "Come with me. Someone needs some help."

And she turned to the owl again, shaking him off her arm. "Alright, then! Lead the way!"
__________________
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:58 AM   #41 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Doxy
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 5,828

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuil “Sammy” Killebrew
Third Year
x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
Default
*randomly tagged*

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
[...]Obviously there was some sort of message he was trying to convey, but the department head was not parsing it together. Still, she could understand that help was probably needed, so she gestured to the nearest Ministry worker, one who had also been accosted by the owl. "Come with me. Someone needs some help."

And she turned to the owl again, shaking him off her arm. "Alright, then! Lead the way!"
It appeared that the fates really did not want Valentin to enjoy a decent cup of coffee from the Atrium coffee cart. Because as Valentin tried to walk past the fountain, cappuccino in hand, he was accosted by an owl. He had managed to side-step it’s following antics and was about to take up a seat nearby when a hand reached out and grabbed him.

” Quoi!!” he exclaimed. Somehow he managed not to drop or spill the coffee. "Moi? Tu dois plaisanter… " but as he tried to find a place to put his coffee down, he had a feeling he wasn’t going to get out of helping this woman. Producing hsi wand from his inner suit coat pocket. ”What eez goéng on? Should wé send fair anyoné élsé?”he asked remembering to speak in English.

But the lady was already following the owl to an exit. Oh lord…Valentin might just stay behind if he had to squeeze into that phone booth with a smelly animal and a lady he didn’t know.
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:01 AM   #42 (permalink)
Murtlap
 
Waful the Snowy Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 60
Default reconvene at the playground, plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Honestly, Kendra was simply expecting a message of the written sort, as that was what owls typically did, not... this display of animal charades. And could he not get the message across without his talons in her hair?

"This is highly irregular!" she exclaimed as she shooed him out of her hair. The snow in her office had been bad enough, but this... She'd certainly need an emergency appointment at her hairdresser. "What is this madness?" Kendra watched as the frantic owl clearly tried to get the attention of anyone within grasping reach.

Obviously there was some sort of message he was trying to convey, but the department head was not parsing it together. Still, she could understand that help was probably needed, so she gestured to the nearest Ministry worker, one who had also been accosted by the owl. "Come with me. Someone needs some help."

And she turned to the owl again, shaking him off her arm. "Alright, then! Lead the way!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
It appeared that the fates really did not want Valentin to enjoy a decent cup of coffee from the Atrium coffee cart. Because as Valentin tried to walk past the fountain, cappuccino in hand, he was accosted by an owl. He had managed to side-step it’s following antics and was about to take up a seat nearby when a hand reached out and grabbed him.

” Quoi!!” he exclaimed. Somehow he managed not to drop or spill the coffee. "Moi? Tu dois plaisanter… " but as he tried to find a place to put his coffee down, he had a feeling he wasn’t going to get out of helping this woman. Producing hsi wand from his inner suit coat pocket. ”What eez goéng on? Should wé send fair anyoné élsé?”he asked remembering to speak in English.

But the lady was already following the owl to an exit. Oh lord…Valentin might just stay behind if he had to squeeze into that phone booth with a smelly animal and a lady he didn’t know.

SUCCESS!

The snowy owl, assuming that the human understood precisely what he was conveying, screeched in urgency before swooping towards the funny red boxes coming back down. Of course the owl also zigged and zagged his way around the man onlooking the scene and dug his talons into their robes to encourage them to come along. Not just this man but anyone the owl soared by while in flight.

Hurry humans! Hurry! THIS WAY!
__________________
Waful the Snowy Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:35 AM   #43 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,148

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
He almost pulled his hand back when Zita said she would pay, but didn’t and was grateful when he felt her fingers brush his as she took the money. He stupidly stood there for a moment before sitting down. His fingers toyed with the paper bag as he tried to decide if he should eat the treat she had brought him or not. If he was honest, he wasn’t even sure he was going to be able to stomach the cocoa until he was safely back in his lab, let alone anything solid. He reached up, rubbing his neck as if he trying to wipe away something, his mind still replaying the pudding incident. ” Ich bin dumm (I’m being stupid),” he muttered to himself. Surely there wasn’t any pudding in the bag or in the atrium. Whatever it was in there surely couldn’t do too much damage. He pulled open the bag and pulled out the treat.

He smelled the hot chocolate and that scent he associated with Zita before he heard her approach. His head turned slightly in her direction. “Dankeshön,” he said softly. He fiddled with the wrapper around the pastry she had brought as he answered her. ”Nein,” he said shaking his head no. ” I do not often leave mein department.” He put the pastry down and rubbed at his face with both hands, still feeling like he was covered in pudding. ”Last time,” he finally said despite his misgivings that it would just make him look more pathetic in her mind. ” Last time I came up to eat lunch, someone knocked mein food out of mein hands, dumped pudding all over me, laughed, und left me alone to clean it all up.” That was the short of it. It had been more like the man had taunted him in almost a mocking manner as if the man had thought it funny Adam was blind. Worse, it had taken him a long time to get rid of the pudding in his hair, even with a cleaning spell. Sure he had potions explode all the time, but at least in his lab, he knew how to handle things and it wasn’t in front of the entire ministry.

Still looking around she set her eyes back on him. Adam was a very attractive man and she did have fun when with him. He treated her very different than other guys, he was a gentleman, but at times she really couldn't read whether he was that into her. She hadn't had to guess with others, but she never really was respected by others and she felt respected by him. Her mind was going in so many different directions that she had to sip her coffee to try to pull herself in one direction.

She frowned as he told why he didn't come here often, "That is horrible, you would think grown adults could act better than teenagers at school." Truth be told it seemed some adults actually acted worse than what she saw and was part of at school. She may have been on the end of the mean part of the school stuff even if she wasn't proud of that now. "Well I'm here, so nothing like that will happen." She'd make sure no one put pudding on him and just walked away. She'd actually like to see someone try. Her wand would be out so fast.

"I am terribly sorry I bothered you at work."
__________________
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:48 PM   #44 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Doxy
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 5,828

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuil “Sammy” Killebrew
Third Year
x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
Default Adam likes a challenge :)
*randomly tagged*

Text Cut: Zita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Still looking around she set her eyes back on him. Adam was a very attractive man and she did have fun when with him. He treated her very different than other guys, he was a gentleman, but at times she really couldn't read whether he was that into her. She hadn't had to guess with others, but she never really was respected by others and she felt respected by him. Her mind was going in so many different directions that she had to sip her coffee to try to pull herself in one direction.

She frowned as he told why he didn't come here often, "That is horrible, you would think grown adults could act better than teenagers at school." Truth be told it seemed some adults actually acted worse than what she saw and was part of at school. She may have been on the end of the mean part of the school stuff even if she wasn't proud of that now. "Well I'm here, so nothing like that will happen." She'd make sure no one put pudding on him and just walked away. She'd actually like to see someone try. Her wand would be out so fast.

"I am terribly sorry I bothered you at work."

She was here and nothing like that would happen.

The words echoed in Adam’s mind for a moment and he could feel the knots in his stomach unclench. He was too relived to know she wasn’t going to take off for the nearest exit to really enjoy the treat he was eating. ”Zome people, have nein respect for anything,” he said simply. They had talked a little about Zita’s history, but not too much. He knew he might be treading on slippery ground with his comments, but hey, it wasn’t like he was on firm footing after the spinning room. “Und zomedimes, people zink zomeone elze’s pain ist funny. But I zink, most people are nice at zeir centers.” Adam did always try to see the best in things, perhaps a bit to his detriment. But with a history like his, one had to be optimistic in order to keep soldiering on. Still, it didn’t mean he was going to go back up to the cafeteria anytime soon.

He let go of his cup of cocoa and reached across the table for Zita’s hand. ”Vu are not ein bother.” He hoped his tone booked no argument. ”I have not had ein vizitor at vork before. Zo it never made me zink to varn vou.” Despite the frustration and perhaps concern or fear of suddenly finding Zita in the Entry Chamber, he had been very happy to see her. Thinking back on it, however, he probably didn’t show it very well. ”I am zorry if mein vorries und zurprize zounded like I vas not excided to zee vou.” He scooted his chair closer. ”I am alvays happy to zee vou.” In fact, he had often found himself wondering what she was doing when she wasn’t around. He enjoyed being with and spending time with her. He liked that she was willing to help him and stand up for him. It was new and nice; he’d never had anyone do that for him. While Zita was very different from him, he liked how it pulled him out of his comfort zone. ”I just...I vas..." He struggled to find the correct words in English. "I vas afraid vou might have gotten harmed. Und if vou had,” he turned his head away from her. ”I do not know vhat I vould have done.”

He took a deep breath and then turned his face back in her direction. "If vu vant to stop by in zee future, zend ein ovl und I schall meet vu...avay from zee Entry Chamber. But I understand if vou never vant to vizit me at vork again." He understood if she never wanted to see the Entry Chamber again, but he hoped she would still want to see him, perhaps have lunch sometime when her studies permitted it. He realized the idea of her not visiting made him sad and his stomach started to knot up again, although this time in a different way. Adam was no fool. He knew they had little in common, especially with their age difference, but he didn’t care. In that moment he realized he liked Zita. He liked her a lot, and perhaps in a way he didn't know he could like another person.
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:16 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180