sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 301 users online including...
herchfred , ewigmarg , sweetpinkpixie , Ringo , AnDus , ThompsQ , hermygirl , barcliffjean , ieutierjene , Cassirin

20 members
281 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic > Lower Levels > Atrium

Atrium Welcome to the Ministry of Magic!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2018, 05:12 AM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is online now
 
Default Arrivals and Departures (Floo Network and Phone Booth)

Stretching towards the golden gates is a wide corridor lined with multiple gilded black marble fireplaces. Here is the main floo network and phone booth used by Ministry workers and visitors alike for arrivals and departures. The luster of marble has over time acquired an illusionary, shifting emerald green from their numerous uses; the marble stretching out to touch the dark wood floors that run down the corridor's center.

To the left are the floos for the arrivals of employees, and those located to the right are for departures. Visitors arrive through the red phone booth centered at the opposite end of the hallway. While many of the employees are busy rushing in and out of the floos, you may catch a few standing around awaiting the arrival of another before heading on there way. You may do the same, and even hold a conversation before heading for the gates or exit. Though it won't be much of one with the close quarters and carrying voices.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein
 
2111jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hogwarts :)
Posts: 1,253

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Austin Spencer
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Caleb Queen
Magical Creatures
Default
Stay Free

A nineteen year old Caleb had stepped out of the phone booth. It took him all the way down to the lower levels? Well, this won't do...he needed to go talk to someone about a job pessision. He frowned running a hand through his dark brown hair.
2111jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Doxy
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 5,899

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuil “Sammy” Killebrew
Third Year
x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
Default
*randomly tagged*

Adam stepped out of one of the fireplaces. Big horned rimmed glasses with coke bottle glasses had replaced his oversized purple sunglasses. A small bright and badly wrapped package was tucked under one arm. His support cane was still tucked safely into the inner pocket of his coat like a safety blanket, but he’d been slowly getting used to wearing his new eye ware which made things a little easier for him to get around.

Coughing slightly, he stepped out into the Atrium and looked around. Gone were all the decorations from the gala. It looked quite dull. Which was fine, because there had been enough drama for a lifetime at the event. He just wanted to make his way down to Level 9 and disappear into the locked room. Today on his list of things to do? Chiffonade ginger, lovage, and peppermint, the later of which they were running low on. It would probably mean a trip to the greenhouses at some point too.
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 34,018

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Adam stepped out of one of the fireplaces. Big horned rimmed glasses with coke bottle glasses had replaced his oversized purple sunglasses. A small bright and badly wrapped package was tucked under one arm. His support cane was still tucked safely into the inner pocket of his coat like a safety blanket, but he’d been slowly getting used to wearing his new eye ware which made things a little easier for him to get around.

Coughing slightly, he stepped out into the Atrium and looked around. Gone were all the decorations from the gala. It looked quite dull. Which was fine, because there had been enough drama for a lifetime at the event. He just wanted to make his way down to Level 9 and disappear into the locked room. Today on his list of things to do? Chiffonade ginger, lovage, and peppermint, the later of which they were running low on. It would probably mean a trip to the greenhouses at some point too.
Airey had always been a bit of the nervous sort, but recently he was feeling downright paranoid...like someone was watching him from the shadows. Part of him was grateful that Andromeda was off in France for school this term, though there was also a great unease in his daughter being so far away. Not to mention the entire situation at Hogwarts which, if the memo he had received from the Minister the other day was indicative of, had a new trajectory to go on. A promising one. So that was something at least.

Wringing his hands as he went about his inspection, the unrest from the missing rock pillows hitting a bit too close to home to a certain missing blue tie from his Hogwarts days, the Mysteries department head decided to double back and check the nooks and crannies of the fireplaces on the off chance that one had rolled itself here. He had already held a candlelight vigil for his tie, he really did not wish to hold more for his rock pillows.

"Ah, Adam. Just arriving are we?" the astronomer questioned with a wary smile.
__________________


sometimes the only payoff for having any faith is when it's tested again and again every day....
I'm still comparing your past to my future; it might be over but they're not sutures....
I am the sand bottom half of the hourglass; I try to picture me without you but I can't....
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Doxy
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 5,899

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuil “Sammy” Killebrew
Third Year
x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
Default
*randomly tagged*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Airey had always been a bit of the nervous sort, but recently he was feeling downright paranoid...like someone was watching him from the shadows. Part of him was grateful that Andromeda was off in France for school this term, though there was also a great unease in his daughter being so far away. Not to mention the entire situation at Hogwarts which, if the memo he had received from the Minister the other day was indicative of, had a new trajectory to go on. A promising one. So that was something at least.

Wringing his hands as he went about his inspection, the unrest from the missing rock pillows hitting a bit too close to home to a certain missing blue tie from his Hogwarts days, the Mysteries department head decided to double back and check the nooks and crannies of the fireplaces on the off chance that one had rolled itself here. He had already held a candlelight vigil for his tie, he really did not wish to hold more for his rock pillows.

"Ah, Adam. Just arriving are we?" the astronomer questioned with a wary smile.
Was Airey acting weird? Perhaps. But Adam had worked with the man long enough to personally think that Airey always acted a bit oddly. Then again, Adam wasn’t exactly the poster boy for normal himself. Maybe if Adam’s eyesight was like it had been pre-star supernova, he’d have noticed the twitchiness in his boss, but Adam’s eyesight was still near blind despite his new eyewear.

Besides, Adam was preoccupied inside his own head, still going through a mental inventory of potions ingredients (he had been on knotgrass) and had almost missed Airey’s comment completely. It took him a moment for his mind and eyes to focus on the man in front of him. Did it occur to Adam that Airey’s comment might be one to worry about? No. Adam was usually punctual and rarely missed work (well, work-related injuries being the exception). If he was late, he’d make it up and stay late. ”Ah Airey.Ja, rough morning. Still adchusting to zeze.” He pushed the glasses up at the bridge with a finger. He’d walked smack into the corner of his small kitchen table while making breakfast and was bound to end up with a nice bruise on his thigh. He had a feeling one of his plants had moved the table on him. He wasn’t sure if it was the snarfalump or his fanged geranium, but his money was on the geranium. Even for a touchy plant, his was particularly grumpy. ”Did vou have ein good holiday?” he asked completely forgetting about the poorly wrapped package under his arm. ”I did not zee vou at zee Gala.” In fact, he hadn’t been able to enjoy much at the Gala thanks to Zita and that windbag James.

Which reminded him, he owed Mairana an apology. Maybe he could find her when he went up to the greenhouses to look for peppermint. And since he was going he might as well make sure the department didn’t need anything else. ” I have to go to zee greenhouzes today. Anything vou know zat is needed vile I am zere?”
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 01:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 34,018

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Was Airey acting weird? Perhaps. But Adam had worked with the man long enough to personally think that Airey always acted a bit oddly. Then again, Adam wasn’t exactly the poster boy for normal himself. Maybe if Adam’s eyesight was like it had been pre-star supernova, he’d have noticed the twitchiness in his boss, but Adam’s eyesight was still near blind despite his new eyewear.

Besides, Adam was preoccupied inside his own head, still going through a mental inventory of potions ingredients (he had been on knotgrass) and had almost missed Airey’s comment completely. It took him a moment for his mind and eyes to focus on the man in front of him. Did it occur to Adam that Airey’s comment might be one to worry about? No. Adam was usually punctual and rarely missed work (well, work-related injuries being the exception). If he was late, he’d make it up and stay late. ”Ah Airey.Ja, rough morning. Still adchusting to zeze.” He pushed the glasses up at the bridge with a finger. He’d walked smack into the corner of his small kitchen table while making breakfast and was bound to end up with a nice bruise on his thigh. He had a feeling one of his plants had moved the table on him. He wasn’t sure if it was the snarfalump or his fanged geranium, but his money was on the geranium. Even for a touchy plant, his was particularly grumpy. ”Did vou have ein good holiday?” he asked completely forgetting about the poorly wrapped package under his arm. ”I did not zee vou at zee Gala.” In fact, he hadn’t been able to enjoy much at the Gala thanks to Zita and that windbag James.

Which reminded him, he owed Mairana an apology. Maybe he could find her when he went up to the greenhouses to look for peppermint. And since he was going he might as well make sure the department didn’t need anything else. ” I have to go to zee greenhouzes today. Anything vou know zat is needed vile I am zere?”
It was true, Airey Flamsteed was always acting peculiar for one reason or another and it was often times difficult to notice if something were truly astray. This had happened during the term of the spiked ice cream while he was still a professor at Hogwarts. Had taken everyone all term to realize that the Astronomy professor had been suffering from its influence. Serenading the Potions Mistress, who terrified him, had done the trick.

"I see," he nodded, leaning forward a bit to peer at the glasses in question. And no, he had not meant for that to be a pun or anything. Though those sorts of dad jokes did slip out on more and more occasions these days. "Perhaps we should put you on a lighter load until you do. Would hate for your eye wear to cause further injury." Or destroy part of the chamber which, well, would not be good. Even the lightest of outcomes would be love potion spewed all across level 9 and Unspeakables performing all sorts of acts of PDA.

On second thought, that was one of the more worst case scenarios. He'd rather the entire chamber blow up.

"I did," he nodded a bit. "What there was of it at least. Minister had me working on a few matters." And, of course, it was unwise to leave level 9 unsupervised for too long. "I was mostly lurking around the auction tables with Medea and Alexa." To avoid all the small talk. "Won myself the rare stamp collection. Still need to find a suitable place in my office to display it." He rubbed his chin at the mention of the greenhouses and couldn't think of anything he necessarily needed at the moment. "Don't believe that I do...going for a bit of a supply run?"
__________________


sometimes the only payoff for having any faith is when it's tested again and again every day....
I'm still comparing your past to my future; it might be over but they're not sutures....
I am the sand bottom half of the hourglass; I try to picture me without you but I can't....
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Doxy
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 5,899

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuil “Sammy” Killebrew
Third Year
x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
Default
*randomly tagged*

Text Cut: Airey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

It was true, Airey Flamsteed was always acting peculiar for one reason or another and it was often times difficult to notice if something were truly astray. This had happened during the term of the spiked ice cream while he was still a professor at Hogwarts. Had taken everyone all term to realize that the Astronomy professor had been suffering from its influence. Serenading the Potions Mistress, who terrified him, had done the trick.

"I see," he nodded, leaning forward a bit to peer at the glasses in question. And no, he had not meant for that to be a pun or anything. Though those sorts of dad jokes did slip out on more and more occasions these days. "Perhaps we should put you on a lighter load until you do. Would hate for your eye wear to cause further injury." Or destroy part of the chamber which, well, would not be good. Even the lightest of outcomes would be love potion spewed all across level 9 and Unspeakables performing all sorts of acts of PDA.

On second thought, that was one of the more worst case scenarios. He'd rather the entire chamber blow up.

"I did," he nodded a bit. "What there was of it at least. Minister had me working on a few matters." And, of course, it was unwise to leave level 9 unsupervised for too long. "I was mostly lurking around the auction tables with Medea and Alexa." To avoid all the small talk. "Won myself the rare stamp collection. Still need to find a suitable place in my office to display it." He rubbed his chin at the mention of the greenhouses and couldn't think of anything he necessarily needed at the moment. "Don't believe that I do...going for a bit of a supply run?"

He waved a hand dismissively at Airey’s concern. ”I plan on spenting zee next few days in zee zubly cabinets. Zey need zome organizing.” He didn’t have any potions brewing and planned on staying as far away from the Amortentia as possible. He was still mad at Zita and well, he didn’t want to be anywhere near the potion which would only make him think of her. Besides, the other day when he was looking for Boomslang skin, they were oddly low. Same with lacewing flies. And if he wasn’t in the supply cabinets, he’d be off running around trying to find new stores for it.

”A stamp colleczion?” Adam said attempting to feign excitement. ”Zounds like zomething zat vould look nice above your tie colleczion.” And Adam would know, he’d – ahhh….spent a bit of time in Airey’s office a few years ago. He and one of Airy’s pet rocks were quiet familiar with each other. He coughed and then remembered the poorly wrapped package under his arm. ”But, vou might zink differently after vu open zis.” Because it was something else for his boss’s office. He passed over the package.
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Erumpent
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 34,018

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default i love this stick thing so much though xD
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
He waved a hand dismissively at Airey’s concern. ”I plan on spenting zee next few days in zee zubly cabinets. Zey need zome organizing.” He didn’t have any potions brewing and planned on staying as far away from the Amortentia as possible. He was still mad at Zita and well, he didn’t want to be anywhere near the potion which would only make him think of her. Besides, the other day when he was looking for Boomslang skin, they were oddly low. Same with lacewing flies. And if he wasn’t in the supply cabinets, he’d be off running around trying to find new stores for it.

”A stamp colleczion?” Adam said attempting to feign excitement. ”Zounds like zomething zat vould look nice above your tie colleczion.” And Adam would know, he’d – ahhh….spent a bit of time in Airey’s office a few years ago. He and one of Airy’s pet rocks were quiet familiar with each other. He coughed and then remembered the poorly wrapped package under his arm. ”But, vou might zink differently after vu open zis.” Because it was something else for his boss’s office. He passed over the package.
"Ah," the astronomer nodding approvingly. "Well, I am sure the other Unspeakables will benefit from this. See if you can get a couple of the new recruits to assist you, if you wish. They could benefit from such an exercise in familiarizing themselves with the stores." He would never be one to frown upon cleanliness and organization. Mysteries in particular was in a perpetual state of needing to reorganize this and that. What happened when you had phials and magical elements that tended to want to move on their own. Or when certain members of the Thought Chamber decided to test their abilities. It reminded him that he needed to get on the Noutists to check and readminister a few enchantments about that chamber. Could NOT have another incident.

"It would, but this is something for my more private collection back at my home office," he chuckled. Though that may be a bit of a...misstep considering how resourceful the twins were becoming these days. "Oh?" he questioned, brows arched as he scrutinized the package that looked at though it had been wrapped by one of his twins. He was and never had been particularly good at accepting gifts. In fact, while he was a professor he had a strict no gift policy...which he had breached a few times when it came to exceptional student pieces. Most of them began as homework assignments that he then requested to keep later.

...he did not remember assigning Adam any sort of homework, so whatever was under this wrapping was a complete mystery to him.

But open it he did and he was truly not quite sure whether to be delighted or offended. "Sweet solstice, did you make this?"
__________________


sometimes the only payoff for having any faith is when it's tested again and again every day....
I'm still comparing your past to my future; it might be over but they're not sutures....
I am the sand bottom half of the hourglass; I try to picture me without you but I can't....
sweetpinkpixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Doxy
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 5,899

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuil “Sammy” Killebrew
Third Year
x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
Default Aiery
*randomly tagged*

”Ok Boss,” he said, hoping he sounded convincing because he frankly wanted to work in the supply room alone. Making small talk wasn’t Adam’s strong point and he had planned on the reorganizing and categorizing as a way to just be alone and still productive at work. But, orders were orders and well, if he saw someone else, he’d ask for their help. He was logging a lot of hope on that ‘if’ though.

As if reading Airey’s mind, which Adam wasn’t, he asked, ” How iss ze new syrup fur ze Encephalons vorking? Does it need any changes?” Yes Adam had used the wrong word. Did he know that? No. As one of the people the brains had taken over, it had been easy for him to know what they needed to go back to being content in their tank and had quickly helped brew up the new serum. It was also the reason he was so – ah – familiar with the inside of Airey’s office. Although he was extremely happy to be rid of the Encephalon, the incident had left a lasting effect on the German, although at least this effect wasn’t like the exploding star. Still, he sometimes wondered about Reil…

While Airey opened the gift, Adam fiddled with the glasses on his face, pushing them up, then pulling them down a little, not sure of where they were most comfortable. Since his sunglasses hadn’t really served a purpose besides to hide his blank stares and block out some light while healing, he hadn’t cared where they sat on his face. It was also a way to pass the time as Adam felt a little funny about giving Airy the first place. They weren’t exactly on gift-giving terms, but Adam had worked for the man long enough that he didn’t think picking up the item was that weird…but perhaps it was? Maybe he shouldn’t have wrapped it….

”Hmm?” he stopped fiddling with his glasses and focused on Airey. Should he be offended by Airey’s tone? Did the man like the gift? Should Adam just take it back? ”Nein,” he said slowly in response to Airey’s question. ” I found it vhile Khristmas schopping in Berlin. I zought you – it – a new home…” Adam sighed as he became visibly flustered. This was why he didn’t gift stuff to people.
__________________
Krel Ansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177