sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Albert Kettleburn Era

Albert Kettleburn Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Albert Kettleburn [IC January 2081 - December 2086; OOC June 2013 - January 2015]

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2015, 03:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Forum Manager



DMLE & DMAC
Sea Serpent
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 41,581

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
First Year

x7 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Carrigan Howard
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Booth: Magic Carpet Legislation
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee


Last year's Flying Carpet Symposium, hosted by the Ministry of Magic, created quite the buzz among the community. A persistent hot topic for Wizarding Britain, Magic Carpets have long been banned for transportation use in this country.

Is the law prohibiting Magic Carpets for flying outdated? Or do you agree that these Muggle artifacts have a historical significance that needs continued protection? Or perhaps better legislation needs written to provide stronger regulations before they can be used for the Wizarding public.

Whatever your personal views are on this controversial subject, come hear what the candidates have to say as they speak their views about Magical Carpets.
Candidates:
Roxanne Carter
Victoria Culloden
Lorraine Ellsbury
Preston Kingsley
__________________
xoxox

Last edited by Cassirin; 01-10-2015 at 12:35 AM.
Cassirin is offline  
Old 01-10-2015, 02:02 AM   #2 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,147

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Victoria had come a little early to make sure she was prepared, though she wasn't really nervous. She just liked to be early, she felt it was a good show of leadership to be on top of things and be on time for events. So walking in she found her first booth that she was to be at and checked her schedule for times that she needed to be at the others. This truly seemed like it was going to be a busy day, but that didn't bother her, she was happy to meet with the public and had been trying to on her own for a few months now.

Looking around she found the locations of the education and treatment booths and decided her time frame for each. If she went over then that was fine as well if it wasn't too far over. She didn't want to keep people waiting who wanted to hear her views and ideas.

Checking her time once more and taking a sip of her coffee all she had to was wait for the other and then for the public to come with their questions. Who wouldn't have questions about the views of magical carpets, it was rather an exciting topic.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 01-10-2015, 04:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

Forum Manager



DMLE & DMAC
Sea Serpent
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 41,581

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
First Year

x7 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Carrigan Howard
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Genevieve Branxton was kinda sorta on duty... but really she just wanted help deciding who to vote for in the upcoming election. What better venue than... whatever this thingy was. She tucked her hands in her pocket and meandered toward the booth that actually had someone waiting.

"Hi. Carpets, hmm? Are you pro or con?" And how, exactly, did Genevieve feel about magic carpets? She wasn't keen on hunting down pseudo-criminals when there were REAL criminals out there. Why make something safe when you could just over regulate it instead?
__________________
xoxox
Cassirin is offline  
Old 01-10-2015, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)



DMLE
Ramora
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MV Seamus
Posts: 5,334

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daila Renata Ojeda
Fifth Year
x7 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement
Default
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter| U-NA-GI

Yeah, she actually had more for this booth than a stack of flyers. A whole projector and a cell phone that she'd charmed to work around magic, just in case. Because her case against magic carpets included a presentation. Why explain why she was against them when a demonstration would work wonders?

Roxanne was making sure her bluetooth was on on both her phone and projector when she heard someone approach Culloden at her booth. She cleared her throat a little to let the little Auror know that, yes, there was another candidate here, one who was much more suited to being Minister.
__________________
Why’re men great ‘til they gotta be great?

Don’t text me tell me straight to my face
lazykitty is offline  
Old 01-10-2015, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lizasaurus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Gid was walking through the rally listening to questions and answers each of the candidates were given and answering. He smiled and nodded to those he knew and giving kind smiles to anyone he didn't. He heard the question given to Victoria and turned his attention to Roxanne "Ms. Carter, as you know there is a ban in England on the use of flying carpets. What is your take on it? Should flying carpets continue to be banned in England or should we relook at removing that ban?"
 
Old 01-10-2015, 07:22 PM   #6 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,147

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default Roxanne and Gib too.
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Genevieve Branxton was kinda sorta on duty... but really she just wanted help deciding who to vote for in the upcoming election. What better venue than... whatever this thingy was. She tucked her hands in her pocket and meandered toward the booth that actually had someone waiting.

"Hi. Carpets, hmm? Are you pro or con?" And how, exactly, did Genevieve feel about magic carpets? She wasn't keen on hunting down pseudo-criminals when there were REAL criminals out there. Why make something safe when you could just over regulate it instead?
As she was looking over a few things she heard a voice and looked up. She knew her some how, but couldn't place her for a moment. No she remembered now, gift shop right after her wand had been chewed by those pests a few years ago. Giving the younger lady a nice smile, she wasn't going to let that bother her, they both had been stressed by the mess, so second chances were best.

"I am on the more positive pro side of carpets. I will admit I wasn't truly sure until the day that Transportation had their magical carpet event. Listening to the experts discuss them made me want to know more and try to figure out how we could use them here. I don't feel it is something that could be done immediately, but I think as Minister I'd like to look further into how other places keep owners from having issues. With strict licenses and laws I do feel we could possibly lift the ban and have carpets here." It would certainly take some time and team work from the ministry, but she really felt it was doable.

Seeing others arrive she gave a nod and a smile towards Roxanne, though she was interested in her opinions on the matter, she certainly new what her opinion was about Games and Sports, which Victoria was still a little annoyed by, but that wouldn't bother her today, she'd play nice. Seeing the department head she gave him a polite nod and turned her attention back to the woman who had been speaking to her.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 01-11-2015, 12:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Forum Manager



DMLE & DMAC
Sea Serpent
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 41,581

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
First Year

x7 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Carrigan Howard
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Yes, good. Not only did Genevieve have the candidate from Sports and Games, but now she had the French one from MLE. She smiled pleasantly at both women and rocked on her heels as she listened to Mrs. Culloden explain her platform. It sounded like the woman was pro-rugs... and she supposed that since Madame Carter was MLE, she was also pro-rug.

Time would tell.

"I attended the Magic Carpet symposium. Dead interesting, wasn't it? So you're in favor of relaxing the rug rules? You want to allow the Wizarding public to own them? That's smart, really, since there isn't much difference between a carpet in the sky and a broom. Any thoughts on how to convince the anti-rug lobby of your plan?"

She did flash a brief smile at Carter, since Genevieve intended to converse with her next.
__________________
xoxox
Cassirin is offline  
Old 01-11-2015, 12:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Newbie Mod





DERP & DoM
Poltergeist
 
Jessiqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 38,720

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Abra Pepperwood
First Year
x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Louisa Pepperwood
Leaky Cauldron
Default
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
As she was looking over a few things she heard a voice and looked up. She knew her some how, but couldn't place her for a moment. No she remembered now, gift shop right after her wand had been chewed by those pests a few years ago. Giving the younger lady a nice smile, she wasn't going to let that bother her, they both had been stressed by the mess, so second chances were best.

"I am on the more positive pro side of carpets. I will admit I wasn't truly sure until the day that Transportation had their magical carpet event. Listening to the experts discuss them made me want to know more and try to figure out how we could use them here. I don't feel it is something that could be done immediately, but I think as Minister I'd like to look further into how other places keep owners from having issues. With strict licenses and laws I do feel we could possibly lift the ban and have carpets here." It would certainly take some time and team work from the ministry, but she really felt it was doable.

Seeing others arrive she gave a nod and a smile towards Roxanne, though she was interested in her opinions on the matter, she certainly new what her opinion was about Games and Sports, which Victoria was still a little annoyed by, but that wouldn't bother her today, she'd play nice. Seeing the department head she gave him a polite nod and turned her attention back to the woman who had been speaking to her.
Hadley just wandered into this booth and walked up to the first candidate she saw. She was listening intently to what she was speaking about, and was quite interested. Imagine using a Magic Carpet to transport around the world? Cool? Hadley wasn't sure. She wasn't sure what she believed.

"That's interesting. Hi, Hadley Willowgrass," she said with a smile, when the candidate had finished speaking. "I just wonder with your views, what security or rules or… restrictions would you put in place to regulate the use of magic carpets?"
__________________
Jessiqua is offline  
Old 01-11-2015, 01:34 AM   #9 (permalink)



SA & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
AmbiguouslyMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,676

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year
x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma
Specialty Area

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
Default
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Preston had mentioned his support of the Magic Carpet Symposium at the first mixer, and so at this particular booth, he stood back a bit as the other candidates clarified their positions. He was particularly interested to hear what sort of regulations Mrs. Culloden had in mind that would make lifting the ban safe.

He had a particular plan of his own, of course, but he would wait until approached.
__________________

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time
AmbiguouslyMe is offline  
Old 01-11-2015, 03:04 AM   #10 (permalink)



DMLE
Ramora
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MV Seamus
Posts: 5,334

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daila Renata Ojeda
Fifth Year
x7 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement
Default
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter| U-NA-GI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizasaurus View Post
Gid was walking through the rally listening to questions and answers each of the candidates were given and answering. He smiled and nodded to those he knew and giving kind smiles to anyone he didn't. He heard the question given to Victoria and turned his attention to Roxanne "Ms. Carter, as you know there is a ban in England on the use of flying carpets. What is your take on it? Should flying carpets continue to be banned in England or should we relook at removing that ban?"
Yes, she knew there was a ban. A part of why she'd opposed the carpet symposium, that and the budget. "Personally, I don't think magic carpets are very good idea at all anywhere and here's why." Roxanne turned to her phone and, with a few button presses, brought up the video that was a part of her presentation. "You see this video? It was shot on a phone, a device that every muggle out there has in their pocket." She pressed play on the video which, after a few seconds of buffering, started playing. It showed her getting a bucket of ice water dumped on her head. "All it would take is a few button presses to share this with the whole world." She then brought up a website that had millions of videos like it and again with a few pushes of a few buttons, uploaded the video. "Now you're probably wondering why I'm showing you this." She knew she would be if the roles were reversed. "All it would take is one muggle to catch someone flying on a magic carpet, filming it, and uploading it to this site for all wizardkind to be exposed. That's why I'm against removing the magic carpet ban." Gift wrapped and tied with a pretty little bow.
__________________
Why’re men great ‘til they gotta be great?

Don’t text me tell me straight to my face
lazykitty is offline  
Old 01-11-2015, 03:17 AM   #11 (permalink)



SA & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
AmbiguouslyMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,676

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year
x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma
Specialty Area

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
Default
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Yes, she knew there was a ban. A part of why she'd opposed the carpet symposium, that and the budget. "Personally, I don't think magic carpets are very good idea at all anywhere and here's why." Roxanne turned to her phone and, with a few button presses, brought up the video that was a part of her presentation. "You see this video? It was shot on a phone, a device that every muggle out there has in their pocket." She pressed play on the video which, after a few seconds of buffering, started playing. It showed her getting a bucket of ice water dumped on her head. "All it would take is a few button presses to share this with the whole world." She then brought up a website that had millions of videos like it and again with a few pushes of a few buttons, uploaded the video. "Now you're probably wondering why I'm showing you this." She knew she would be if the roles were reversed. "All it would take is one muggle to catch someone flying on a magic carpet, filming it, and uploading it to this site for all wizardkind to be exposed. That's why I'm against removing the magic carpet ban." Gift wrapped and tied with a pretty little bow.
"So, ban brooms as well," Preston piped up, stepping forward. "Any visibility concerns posed by carpets could easily be said to apply to brooms." Any fool could fly their broom over the Thames and be filmed right this moment. Preston believed Carter's argument to be insubstantial.

Speaking to those gathered, he continued. "With careful regulation and monitoring, I believe that the carpet ban can be effectively lifted. We owe it to our community to seriously consider how that may come to pass. Scare tactics about muggle videos, which I believe most muggles would suspect to be a hoax, are simply fear mongering to avoid a robust discussion of the actual merits."
__________________

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time
AmbiguouslyMe is offline  
Old 01-11-2015, 03:52 AM   #12 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,147

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: Vivi and Hadley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Yes, good. Not only did Genevieve have the candidate from Sports and Games, but now she had the French one from MLE. She smiled pleasantly at both women and rocked on her heels as she listened to Mrs. Culloden explain her platform. It sounded like the woman was pro-rugs... and she supposed that since Madame Carter was MLE, she was also pro-rug.

Time would tell.

"I attended the Magic Carpet symposium. Dead interesting, wasn't it? So you're in favor of relaxing the rug rules? You want to allow the Wizarding public to own them? That's smart, really, since there isn't much difference between a carpet in the sky and a broom. Any thoughts on how to convince the anti-rug lobby of your plan?"

She did flash a brief smile at Carter, since Genevieve intended to converse with her next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Hadley just wandered into this booth and walked up to the first candidate she saw. She was listening intently to what she was speaking about, and was quite interested. Imagine using a Magic Carpet to transport around the world? Cool? Hadley wasn't sure. She wasn't sure what she believed.

"That's interesting. Hi, Hadley Willowgrass," she said with a smile, when the candidate had finished speaking. "I just wonder with your views, what security or rules or… restrictions would you put in place to regulate the use of magic carpets?"


"It was very interesting. I learned many new things about rugs that I hadn't before and it made me want to know more, so I've done a little bit of my own research on them." She really had liked the event and the rug testing was just so enjoyable how couldn't someone be interested. "I'm in favor of lifting the ban, not fully relaxing the rules. Relaxing the rules would make some feel they could do anything with the rugs they wanted and that would never be the case, just as it's not the case with apparation nor brooms." There were still rules to both and there would be with rugs as well.

Hearing another voice she smiled, "Well Hadley, as I was saying to this lovely Auror, I feel the rules are very important. The ban wouldn't lift right away. We need to have meetings, really get to know what we are doing and how we want to implement. I think the department of transportation could have safety classes that would be mandatory for all carpet owners, as well as a license to own and a license to ride." This could be a duel license, but one that was important to keep track of carpets in case something happens. "Keeping rules and regulations will keep safety and anyone abusing the rules would lose the licenses. I feel to own a carpet that a person needs to be seventeen or older as well." Children could be too impulsive and cause issues. Her own included.

"Exactly, I don't believe there is much different, but a carpet is a little more tricky to handle and that's why I think an age restriction and license is appropriate for the rugs." Another good question by the blonde. "I would show them facts. Facts from other countries that handle magic carpets and their statistics between them and issues. I am positive we would find that there really isn't that many. Using these facts and the plan with the license, rules, and punishments for anyone that breaks those rules, I feel that I could persuade many to look at the ban differently."

Turning she looked puzzled at Ms. Carter and the muggle item in her hand. That was curious. She knew what it was, but she had never really used one. Interesting tactic none the less. Brown eyes moved to Mr. Kingsley as he spoke.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 01-11-2015, 04:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lizasaurus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Text Cut: Roxanne and Preston
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Yes, she knew there was a ban. A part of why she'd opposed the carpet symposium, that and the budget. "Personally, I don't think magic carpets are very good idea at all anywhere and here's why." Roxanne turned to her phone and, with a few button presses, brought up the video that was a part of her presentation. "You see this video? It was shot on a phone, a device that every muggle out there has in their pocket." She pressed play on the video which, after a few seconds of buffering, started playing. It showed her getting a bucket of ice water dumped on her head. "All it would take is a few button presses to share this with the whole world." She then brought up a website that had millions of videos like it and again with a few pushes of a few buttons, uploaded the video. "Now you're probably wondering why I'm showing you this." She knew she would be if the roles were reversed. "All it would take is one muggle to catch someone flying on a magic carpet, filming it, and uploading it to this site for all wizardkind to be exposed. That's why I'm against removing the magic carpet ban." Gift wrapped and tied with a pretty little bow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
"So, ban brooms as well," Preston piped up, stepping forward. "Any visibility concerns posed by carpets could easily be said to apply to brooms." Any fool could fly their broom over the Thames and be filmed right this moment. Preston believed Carter's argument to be insubstantial.

Speaking to those gathered, he continued. "With careful regulation and monitoring, I believe that the carpet ban can be effectively lifted. We owe it to our community to seriously consider how that may come to pass. Scare tactics about muggle videos, which I believe most muggles would suspect to be a hoax, are simply fear mongering to avoid a robust discussion of the actual merits."


He lifted an eyebrow as she pulled out a muggle phone and started pressing buttons. Right... "Of course you can, just as...." he grinned at the other candidate "Precisely, why wouldn't we just put a ban on broomsticks? Quidditch, what if a rogue bludger went out of a quidditch field? We can't put a ban on everything. And that's why there are enchantments to keep those items from being seen by Muggles. When they are seen, that's what we have level 3 for, for the times that this does occur. "Thank you for your response though." It was good to get all opinions! He'd seen it go both ways even at the symposium.

"Mr. Kingsley, I ask you the same. You say 'Any visibility concerns posed by carpets could easily be said to apply to brooms.' Does that mean you are for the possibility of having a lift on the ban for flying carpets?"
 
Old 01-11-2015, 04:28 AM   #14 (permalink)



SA & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
AmbiguouslyMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,676

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year
x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma
Specialty Area

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
Default
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizasaurus View Post
"Mr. Kingsley, I ask you the same. You say 'Any visibility concerns posed by carpets could easily be said to apply to brooms.' Does that mean you are for the possibility of having a lift on the ban for flying carpets?"
Preston nodded. "I am, given careful and thorough consideration." He gestured to Victoria Culloden. "I share Mrs. Culloden's opinion on the careful regulation and monitoring of carpets, should the ban be phased out. Flying a carpet is a privilege, not a given, and ensuring safety standards and regulations for use is a chief task of the Ministry."

Speaking directly to Mr. Yenorin, but also casting glances at others in the area, he continued. "I know that some are concerned that charming carpets to fly appropriates a muggle item in a problematic way. For this reason, I would propose a regulation that only carpets manufactured specifically for flying purposes could be registered. Charming existing muggle rugs would not be permitted."

"Additionally, as I mentioned over in the budget area, the Ministry needs to investigate new funding streams. Fees associated with the registration and licensing of personal carpets, carpet manufacturing, and other related endeavors could provide a new revenue source to devote to a number of transportation related expenses."
__________________

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time
AmbiguouslyMe is offline  
Old 01-11-2015, 11:00 PM   #15 (permalink)


Moke
 
Team ronmione's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Skyloft
Posts: 8,453

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisie Raines
Fifth Year

x3
Magical Games & Sports
Default
Mr. Unicorn: Kim's daughter: Jenn's sister : MILKSHAKES: Lita Daley: The Sun: Its so Fluffy!

Saxon arrived, first and foremost, to where she spotted her co-worker. For the time being, she didn't have much to say on the topic so she just stood about, close enough to hear some conversations, but not to interrupt them in anyway, and listened. It seemed like Victoria was handling everything well, as she usually does so, and was having no problem giving her opinion to the people without it coming off harsh or rude.

She did, however see one candidate, with a cell phone held in her hand, showing another candidate a video. He did, seem to handle the tactic rather well, she thought. There was always the good and the bad side of trying to ban or promote a new law, and Saxon would be trying to head down that road. So, she inched closer to Victoria and asked her, "How do you think allowing Magic Carpets to be used by the public, positively affect transportation for the Ministry's 'outlook' and how do you think it could negatively affect the ministry's outlook?"

It was a fair question, thought the blonde, and everyone had different opinions on it too. If anyone else had heard her speak to Victoria, most especially the candidates, and had something to say on it, they were more than welcomed to speak up, of course.
__________________
Team ronmione is offline  
Old 01-11-2015, 11:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie & Mungo's


DMT & DMGS
Bicorn
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,506

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Sixth Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports
Default
Unforgivably Cursed

Well, didn't Mr. Kingsley take the words right out of her mouth? Mariel had gotten to the Magic Carpet booth just in time to view Ms. Carter's presentation. Merlin, those Muggle devices were annoying and she had to suppress an eyeroll at the sight of it. But besides the point, Kingsley was spot on. She would not see the day that brooms were banned and they had been around for years with appropriate regulation.

Stepping a little closer to the candidates, she leveled her gaze to Roxanne. No, she did not particularly care for the woman but she wasn't here to start anything. Mariel was genuinely interested in what candidates had to say about Magic Carpet legislation, especially after the Symposium. The older woman best have learned a thing or two about keeping her hands to herself, however, or she very well would be pressing charges this time. "But with proper regulations and essential charms put in place to ensure they are not viewed by Muggles, wouldn't you agree that flying carpets are an effective form of transportation, especially for those with families." Though she wasn't so sure that Ms. Carter had any children so she possibly couldn't relate.

Turning to the rest of the candidates - the ones that appeared in favor of lifting the current ban on flying carpets, she listened attentively to their views, nodding here and there as she agreed on several points. "If you don't mind," she began to the candidates. "What safety measures would you put in place to ensure safety to minors? I think Mrs. Culloden has a good point about imposing an age restriction and a license, but as magic carpets would likely attract families because of their capability to hold quite a few people, I'm interested to hear how to maintain safety for young children who might be with their parents as well." Just the thought of it made her slightly nervous.. which was an odd feeling to her. But she didn't want to think of a baby falling off.

Oh and there was Saxon. She got a smile and nod before Mariel turned her attention to the candidates again. "And if any of you were elected to be Minister, what steps would you take to help convince the rest of the public that this is indeed a viable and beneficial form of travel, and to work towards lift the ban?" Because the Minister wasn't a Dictator, he didn't just say what he was going to do and then do it. There was always a process for everything, especially changing laws that had been put into place for years.
__________________
emjay is offline  
Old 01-12-2015, 03:59 AM   #17 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,147

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Hearing Preston say he agreed with her she nodded, he did seem to have some very good ideas as well. "I think that is a very good idea and I would say that I full agree that carpets should be only regulated if they are true flying carpets made that way by the manufacture. The others would certainly be illegal and punishments given for any that were found." License revoked and fines would be a good start. She did raise a brow to the broom comment wondering what Roxanne would say.

Looking towards Saxon she smiled, "Well unfortunately anything that is made could negatively impact the ministry, carpets would not be excluded. Put in the wrong hands of underage children injuries would raise, accidental sightings as my opponent spoke about would certainly happen, but that is were our regulations and laws would go into affect to put this at a bare minimum. The positive would be that it could bring more jobs if manufactures brought business to the alley for selling the rugs, the revue of the rugs themselves could raise both for the ministry and the community. Positive for the public is they will have what many have wanted for sometime and travel could be easier for families."

Speaking of families she turned her eyes on Mariel as she spoke up with some questions. "Yes as I've said I feel anyone carrying a license should be an age of seventeen or older. The license testing should help keep that in check, but the license holder could certainly travel with his or her family. I think there are safety charms out there to keep little ones safely on the rugs and myself and the transportation department would look into safety seating for the young."

"Well the first step I would take is getting all the pro's and con's straight and working closely with the transportation department to bring the community as much information as possible on how with our regulations could lift the ban and why it would be beneficial for all to have the ban lifted. Having more events like the one the transportation had last year can bring more information and more hands on experiences. With all these steps and the hard work of the ministry I feel we can prove that Magic Carpets are not a bad thing, but a great opportunity." Mariel always had the great questions and she was glad her friend was there.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 01-12-2015, 05:54 PM   #18 (permalink)



DMGS & DMAC
Giant
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 55,424

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Trinetta Gladin
Fifth Year
x11 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Nyx Higgs
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Caleb A. Newell
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default For anyone!
☃ The four Cs ☃ || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mädchen

Tucker was of course interested in the flying carpet bit of the election - after all, his Mum had put together that whole symposium thing, therefore he had to see how her legacy was being carried out! In fact, he was supposed to meet his mother there, and he wondered if she had come over here already...

He approached the candidates and when there was a moment that he could talk, he spoke up. "What are your thoughts on the idea that magic carpets are considered muggle artifacts and should therefore be protected as such?" he asked.
__________________
you should see me in a crown____________________________________________

_____________________________________________I'm gonna run this nothing town
Lissy Longbottom is offline  
Old 01-15-2015, 02:15 AM   #19 (permalink)




DMGS & DMT
Kelpie
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,147

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Tucker was of course interested in the flying carpet bit of the election - after all, his Mum had put together that whole symposium thing, therefore he had to see how her legacy was being carried out! In fact, he was supposed to meet his mother there, and he wondered if she had come over here already...

He approached the candidates and when there was a moment that he could talk, he spoke up. "What are your thoughts on the idea that magic carpets are considered muggle artifacts and should therefore be protected as such?" he asked.
As she finished answering some more questions Victoria noticed a young man come a little closer and her attention moved to him. Smiling she thought about his question. "That is a very good question." She always found it interesting that magic carpets were a muggle artifact when most didn't even believe in magic. "Well I don't want to do anything to damper muggle things. I fully believe we need to work well as we do to keep respect for the muggles and their items. As we heard at the symposium there are carpets made specifically for wizards."

She paused a moment to sip her water, she had been talking lots today. "This would help keep muggle artifacts left alone and with our regulations that would go with lifting the ban wizards could only purchase carpets specifically made for wizarding travel." As the woman had said and made a very good point during the symposium.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 01-15-2015, 02:42 AM   #20 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod


DMT & DIMC
Giant
 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: unwritten [GMT-6]
Posts: 57,586

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Carsyn Rose
Fourth Year

x12 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Louise Hamilton
International Cooperation
Default
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Eva's SoulSister | BigBadSis | SlytherPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Tucker was of course interested in the flying carpet bit of the election - after all, his Mum had put together that whole symposium thing, therefore he had to see how her legacy was being carried out! In fact, he was supposed to meet his mother there, and he wondered if she had come over here already...

He approached the candidates and when there was a moment that he could talk, he spoke up. "What are your thoughts on the idea that magic carpets are considered muggle artifacts and should therefore be protected as such?" he asked.
This - the ban on flying carpets - was a platform that Lorraine stood strongly behind and despite not being early she was here and would in fact be stating her opinions on the matter because transportation - particularly magical - was her specialty.

Stepping to the front of the booth beside her fellow candidates, the brunette heard the last question asked by a younger looking voter which actually delighted Lorraine to know that young people took such an interest.

"Magic carpets are muggle artifacts the same way that magic broomsticks are, or use of an artifact to create a portkey. They must be cared for, of course, but if they're there then why not use them? It will in fact, create a new lineup for the creation of carpet care kits, much like we have broomstick servicing kits." So they would be used, protected, and cared for.
__________________
[RPG] [Requests] [Skylar] [Drabbles] [Addina] [Tea Time]

Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow! Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
PhoenixRising is offline  
Old 01-17-2015, 03:16 AM   #21 (permalink)



DMLE
Ramora
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MV Seamus
Posts: 5,334

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daila Renata Ojeda
Fifth Year
x7 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement
Default
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter| U-NA-GI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
"So, ban brooms as well," Preston piped up, stepping forward. "Any visibility concerns posed by carpets could easily be said to apply to brooms." Any fool could fly their broom over the Thames and be filmed right this moment. Preston believed Carter's argument to be insubstantial.

Speaking to those gathered, he continued. "With careful regulation and monitoring, I believe that the carpet ban can be effectively lifted. We owe it to our community to seriously consider how that may come to pass. Scare tactics about muggle videos, which I believe most muggles would suspect to be a hoax, are simply fear mongering to avoid a robust discussion of the actual merits."
"Brooms are smaller, have zero orniments such as tassels and are therefore, easier to hide. If rugs are allowed, you don't think that people would be extremely careless with them? Besides, there's a larger area, which means more chance for mistakes if you go with a charm to hide it while it's flying." Yeah, she didn't feel as passionate about this as she did about the other two topics she'd had signed up for, so her argument wasn't as well thought out. But Roxanne still thought that legalizing magic carpets was a bad idea that they would end up regretting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Well, didn't Mr. Kingsley take the words right out of her mouth? Mariel had gotten to the Magic Carpet booth just in time to view Ms. Carter's presentation. Merlin, those Muggle devices were annoying and she had to suppress an eyeroll at the sight of it. But besides the point, Kingsley was spot on. She would not see the day that brooms were banned and they had been around for years with appropriate regulation.

Stepping a little closer to the candidates, she leveled her gaze to Roxanne. No, she did not particularly care for the woman but she wasn't here to start anything. Mariel was genuinely interested in what candidates had to say about Magic Carpet legislation, especially after the Symposium. The older woman best have learned a thing or two about keeping her hands to herself, however, or she very well would be pressing charges this time. "But with proper regulations and essential charms put in place to ensure they are not viewed by Muggles, wouldn't you agree that flying carpets are an effective form of transportation, especially for those with families." Though she wasn't so sure that Ms. Carter had any children so she possibly couldn't relate.
Welp, at least she wasn't as bad as her husband. That was a relief after the scene he'd caused at the budget booth. "So are cars. Plus, they are easier to hide from Muggles, considering they use them too. And you don't need a coat to ride in one." And yes, she had a child, could relate and she used cars to get both herself and Ronan around. Preferred it that way. Much, much easier to blend in and she didn't have to worry about him falling out.
__________________
Why’re men great ‘til they gotta be great?

Don’t text me tell me straight to my face
lazykitty is offline  
Old 01-20-2015, 03:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie & Mungo's


DMT & DMGS
Bicorn
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 16,506

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Sixth Year

x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Milo Jordan
Games & Sports
Default
Unforgivably Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Speaking of families she turned her eyes on Mariel as she spoke up with some questions. "Yes as I've said I feel anyone carrying a license should be an age of seventeen or older. The license testing should help keep that in check, but the license holder could certainly travel with his or her family. I think there are safety charms out there to keep little ones safely on the rugs and myself and the transportation department would look into safety seating for the young."

"Well the first step I would take is getting all the pro's and con's straight and working closely with the transportation department to bring the community as much information as possible on how with our regulations could lift the ban and why it would be beneficial for all to have the ban lifted. Having more events like the one the transportation had last year can bring more information and more hands on experiences. With all these steps and the hard work of the ministry I feel we can prove that Magic Carpets are not a bad thing, but a great opportunity." Mariel always had the great questions and she was glad her friend was there.
Mariel listened carefully as Victoria spoke her thoughts about magic carpet safety. Even though she was Vic's biggest supporter, she was still quite interested in what she had to say on the subject. Mariel was certain that one day the ban would be lifted and she had every intention on transporting her family on one of those and it had to be the safest thing out there. Safety charms, yes.. that would have to be strictly enforced, she thought. She might have to talk to the Head of Transportation. When she actually had time.

"Yes, I agree that the symposium the Ministry was quite beneficial," she agreed with a smile as Victoria brought that up. No matter what some people thought of it. "A great way to educate the public on not only the good points of that particular mode of transportation but any concerns that would need to be addressed as well." Hands on experience would be a great idea, maybe they could even have training sessions. Mariel nodded as Vic spoke, her own mind thinking of these things as well. Because really, without that symposium, Mariel probably wouldn't have thought much about it for her own family. Now she was kind of glad that it was out in the open for possible integration into the country. "Very good points, thank you." She hoped that everyone was listening.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Stepping to the front of the booth beside her fellow candidates, the brunette heard the last question asked by a younger looking voter which actually delighted Lorraine to know that young people took such an interest.

"Magic carpets are muggle artifacts the same way that magic broomsticks are, or use of an artifact to create a portkey. They must be cared for, of course, but if they're there then why not use them? It will in fact, create a new lineup for the creation of carpet care kits, much like we have broomstick servicing kits." So they would be used, protected, and cared for.
Mariel turned her green eyes on Mrs. Ellsbury next as she began to speak. She was a little confused by her stance though. It sounded like she was in favor of magic carpets to be used as transportation, but speaking on the muggle artifact topic like she was, sent sort of a different message since that was why they were banned in this country in the first place. "Then you are in favor of their use by Wizarding Britain?" Mariel raised a questioning eyebrow as she asked the woman to clarify. "I will pose the same question to you that I did to Mrs. Culloden... what safety measures and regulations would you insist on to ensure the safety of children traveling with their parents?" That was the most important issue to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Welp, at least she wasn't as bad as her husband. That was a relief after the scene he'd caused at the budget booth. "So are cars. Plus, they are easier to hide from Muggles, considering they use them too. And you don't need a coat to ride in one." And yes, she had a child, could relate and she used cars to get both herself and Ronan around. Preferred it that way. Much, much easier to blend in and she didn't have to worry about him falling out.
What. No. Just no. Mariel just looked blankly at Roxanne, clearly unimpressed with her line of thinking. She did not ride around in cars, no thank you. There was no reason for them to completely act like muggles. "Cars aren't exactly the issue here. I don't think anyone was proposing trading in a magical device for a muggle one." Really, what was the point of that when they could successfully use magic? "I don't need a coat to ride my broom either." Ever hear of heating charms? Clearly the woman was muggleborn if she was more interested in using muggle devices than magical ones. She eyed the technology Roxanne had brought today before turning her attention back to the candidates in favor of lifting the ban. She couldn't relate to someone who'd rather use muggle things than magic anyway, so she was done with her questions for Ms. Carter.
__________________
emjay is offline  
Old 01-20-2015, 09:01 AM   #23 (permalink)



DMLE
Ramora
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MV Seamus
Posts: 5,334

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daila Renata Ojeda
Fifth Year
x7 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement
Default
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter| U-NA-GI

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
What. No. Just no. Mariel just looked blankly at Roxanne, clearly unimpressed with her line of thinking. She did not ride around in cars, no thank you. There was no reason for them to completely act like muggles. "Cars aren't exactly the issue here. I don't think anyone was proposing trading in a magical device for a muggle one." Really, what was the point of that when they could successfully use magic? "I don't need a coat to ride my broom either." Ever hear of heating charms? Clearly the woman was muggleborn if she was more interested in using muggle devices than magical ones. She eyed the technology Roxanne had brought today before turning her attention back to the candidates in favor of lifting the ban. She couldn't relate to someone who'd rather use muggle things than magic anyway, so she was done with her questions for Ms. Carter.
What. A. Snob. De La Garza was obviously one of those pathetic witches who thought that they were better than muggles just because they had magic. "No. But what I was saying was that we don't need to risk exposing our world just because some people still hold the ridiculous view that they're better than using muggle devices." Gah, she hated people like that. So narrow minded that they'd rather risk exposing the wizarding world just to keep from having to so much as touch something muggle. She simply shook her head in the direction of the woman. People like that would be the downfall of wizardkind one day.........

And no, she was a pureblood, thank you very much.
__________________
Why’re men great ‘til they gotta be great?

Don’t text me tell me straight to my face
lazykitty is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:57 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163