View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
3uzz3ee
Slytherin
SS Vaulter
Firecrab

Ready?

Chapter Four- A Peek Into The Future

Hermione was sitting in the mouth of the tent, reading again, while Harry and Ron scavenged for berries. Jamie sat at the small round table, twisting a small shell over in his fingers while I moved around the tent trying to keep busy.

I don’t know why you’re so angry at him- he’s apologised to you several times now” I said, bringing up the whispered conversation we’d had last night.

I don’t see why you’re so ready to welcome him back with open arms or to forgive him for skipping out on us” Jamie answered back in a hard voice. His hand contracted into a fist, crushing the tiny shell.

Like I said, he’s apologised for doing that so I’ve forgiven him, so has Harry... Com on Jamie, he’s your cousin! Reparo” I added, fixing the shell, which I took off him. “And please don’t touch this again, it’s to remind me of where we’ve been

Sorry... If I forgive him, will you get off my back?” He said in a resigned voice. I grinned in victory.

I’ll forget all about it- promise” I said, kissing his cheek. “Now, go and make the most of the sunshine- I don’t know what the weather will be like” I added, pulling a face as I levitated everything on the table so I could wipe it down.

Still feeling bitter?” Jamie asked as her cut five pieces of cake and put them on plate. “I wonder why you can’t see anything...” He murmured, passing me a plate and then heading for the door.

You forgot the forks!” I called after him, waving a hand so that they bobbed along in his wake. Hermione took a plate and a fork as Jamie vanished into the sunlight. Sighing I walked towards my bed. Instead of cleaning again, I hung upside off the edge of the mattress, my fingers rubbing small circles at my temples. I hadn’t seen anything since leaving the Burrow in August and I was getting worried. I knew the others were counting on my visions to speed this whole thing up but I was getting nothing, no matter what I tried. So I was taking advantage of the peace and quiet.

The sound of people entering the tent made me press my fingers harder to my head, probably giving myself bruises in the process. I wasn’t sure it was hours, minutes or seconds passing me by as I remained silent. Then, I caught a flash of bright warm sunlight. Relief flowed through me. Tomorrow’s weather! I hadn’t lost my visions!

I don’t care!

Ginny’s voice exploded into my head, making me freeze in shock. The image that went with it followed shortly.

Ginny was standing in the middle of the kitchen at the Burrow, a chair thrown out behind her as if she had jumped to her feet. Aunt Molly and Uncle Arthur were still seated, staring at the red head.

You have to, dear! There’s not much we can do- ” Aunt Molly said, looking at the girl with an apology in her eyes.

We can go into hiding- like Kingsley, or Alicia! Or leave the country! Please don’t send me back there!” Ginny begged, her voice trembling with tears of rage.

We’re not discussing this, Ginny- you have to go back to Hogwarts whether you want to or not- no more arguments” Uncle Arthur said sternly, stopping the fight from going any further. Ginny made an angry noise and stormed out the room, kicking her chair over.

I blinked. The tent was dark- so hours had past by me. Harry was on watch duty while Ron drummed strange rhythms out on a wooden radio, mumbling to himself. Hermione was re- packing the beaded bag again, humming to herself. I sat up and found Jamie beside me, a small frown on his face.

I saw something, Jamie!” I whispered happily, flipping scarlet curls over my shoulder. I saw his eyes on my hair- it had been a while since they were this colour. “I saw Ginny, and Aunt Molly, and Uncle Arthur! It was still crystal clear, too! My vision isn’t slipping away!” He smiled at me, playing with one of my curls as I rambled about my vision, too happy to understand his thoughts.

Alicia, can you sort out the clothes for me? I’m trying to re- organise this mess...” Hermione called over her shoulder and I frowned at Jamie, my happy mood bursting like a bubble as I caught up on what I had missed.

We’re going to Luna’s?” I asked, pursing my lips. My new found visions gave me another glimpse of the future. A round black cylinder set against the bright blue sky on a grassy hill. “Yep... Guys, it’s sunny tomorrow- and warm” I said loudly, waving a hand so that the clothes folded and stacked themselves in neat piles next to Hermione.

Thanks for the heads up, Alicia” Harry mumbled from the door way. I just grinned before deciding to try and focus on what we were really out here for- Horcruxes. I returned to my earlier position and closed my eyes. I felt Jamie move, his head resting on my stomach.

I Know You Don't Believe Me, But The Way I, Way I See It,
Next Time You
Point A Finger, I Might Have To Bend It Back,
Or Break It, Break It Off...
Next Time You Point A Finger, I'll Point You To The
Mirror