View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #51 (permalink)
Lollipop!
Ravenclaw
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tilly C. Richards
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Persephone Walters
Accidents & Catastrophes
Bluejay | Potatopop! | SRS - Stupid Ravenclaw Syndrome

Chapter 9:
Brown Eyes

I stared down at the headline on the daily prophet, my mouth hanging open.

The headline read in big, thick, bulging writing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daily Prophet
Harry Potter; Defeated the Dark Lord ...but is he still a Coward?

Rita Skeeter has found evidence from a close source to that Harry James Potter, the conquer of the Dark Lord, was supposedly 'killed' by He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named running away from the grounds, wishing to escape the dreadfulness and pain that was the legendary battle at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. Ms. Skeeter has written a article on this battle that will surely go down in Wizarding history. In Skeeter's piece, she notes the “bravery” of Neville Longbottom who slaughtered the beloved snake of You-Know-Who, Nagini for some unknown reason, how Ginevra Weasley murdered innocent souls cruel fully during the battle and of course, the cowardness that is Harry Potter and so much more. turn to page 2.
Hermione read the blurb over my shoulder and the out an insulted gasp. “That. Hell. Of. A. Cow.” She hissed through her ground teeth. She snatched the prophet from my numb hands and balled it up into a little ball. Hermione pulled out her new wand and tossed the ball of parchment into the air. She did a non-verbal spell and the parchment sizzled and burst into flames. It faded into black as night ash and hissed as it disappeared into nothingness.

But Harry had already seen it. He had tossed it to me minutes beforehand. And not before reading it. I don't think he really cared about what the cow said about him. I think what really set him off was what the thing had talked about Ginny that way even though they weren't in a relationship, he kept looking at Ginny with a look of longing.

Ginny kept wincing at every glance someone gave her.

Now, I looked at her, afraid of what I might see. It was not true at all true. Someone had made it up completely. If there was anyone that was completely innocent and pure in this room, it was my baby sister. She had read it and fumed and then disappeared for around half-an-hour and then reappeared a few minutes ago for lunch with a blotchy face that betrayed her.

“Gin, you okay?” Blink. Blink. “Ye-Yeah. Of course.” She scoffed and looked away.

Hermione, red-faced, slipped into the empty space beside me. I gave her a shy half-smile and took her little, delicate hand in mine and felt the difference of a heat mingle. She smiled and gave my hand a firm but soft squeeze. We looked at Mom as she ladled out French Onion soup. The bowls she gave us were huge.

She stared at the big pot and chewed her lower lip. “There's still loads left.” she mumbled to herself. “Would anyone like so more?” I shook my head and Hermione raised a brow in amusement. “You're rejecting food?!?” She and Ginny burst into fits of giggles. Finally, Ginny said through laughs;

“I-I – Hah – think – TeeHee – I will – bbrriinngg – Hahhahahah – Harryyyyy – Aaaaa – B-b-bowlll -”
Mom smiled a little and ladled out soup and sliced some bread magically. With a wave of her Oak wand, a tray materialized in mid air and hovered at her shoulder. She dropped the bowl lightly onto it and put the soup and bread onto it. Mom waved the magical stick over the lunch and murmured a heating charm over it so that Ginny could it her soup before taking it up to Harry.

Mom frowned at the still full pot of soup. She sighed.

We all knew the reason she was tucking us in at night, making sure we had brushed our teeth and went to the loo, feeding us mountains for portions was because she didn't want to think of Fred. None of us did. We all loved Fred ...but I think a lot of us were worried about poor Teddy Lupin who was officially an orphan, now.

My spoon scraped the bottom of the bowl. I stared at it in longing but I felt if I ate even just half-a-spoon, I would puke it all up. I gulped slightly sadly and looked up at Hermione.

Her eyes were wide and I almost felt I could see into her soul. They were... beautiful... big... brown... beautiful... beautiful... I swallowed something that probably was my Adam's apple. I pulled out my wand and a bowl half the size of ours and pushed it towards my mom. Hermione's big, brown eyes widened and went wet and she croaked,
“Molly, will you give us some soup f-for Kreacher?” She blinked away tears. “[I]Kreacher?[I]” Mom blinked. “All right then.” Shrug. She poured the soup.

“Um, Kreacher?” Hermione called out nervously and we were surprised when there was a tiny pop. “Ms. Granger. Mr. Weasleyyy.” The house-elf croaked in acknowledgement. Hermione soundlessly gave him the bowl of soup and a tennis ball sized tear rolled down his face. He took it and stared at it. He wiped his nose on his skinny on his towel that was definitely needing a was now. He smiled wryly up at us and I mentally winced. It was a grimace. He held the bowl to his lips and tipped it's contents down his throat. The soup was gone in seconds.

He propped the bowl up onto the table and burst into tears. Hermione started crying and I patted her back soothingly. We both knew that Kreacher obviously was starving. And the way his leathery skin stuck to his bones and the way he was barely able to walk gave me the thought that the poor thing hadn't eaten in weeks. Hermione tried to hug him and my eyes widened when the house-elf let her. “Mom?” Mrs. Weasley poured some more soup into his bowl and Kreacher took it gratefully and sipped it. He smiled at us and popped.

Ginny wandered in empty handed, humming.

Hermione's brow shot up into her hair as my baby sister slid into the space beside her. I frowned at her and Ginny demanded, “What?” I stood up and muttered that I was gonna go see Harry. As soon as I was feet away, Hermione hissed, “What happened?” I broke into a sprint, ready to kill Harry if something other than 'Hi.' 'Uh..Hi.' 'I brought you soup.' 'Thanks.' happened.

__I found Harry in his bed reading a sparkling gold book that read; Twelve Fail Safe Ways to Charm Witches. I grinned and guessed that nothing happened between him and Gin. She's just hiding how upset she is about what the cow, Skeeter wrote about her. I sniffed. Harry looked up and flushed, “Hey Ron.” I let out a sigh. “Did anything happen between Gin and...you?” Harry shook his head, eyes wide. I breathed a sigh of relief and set down at the edge of the bed. Harry bookmarked the page he was on and blinked at me. “I'm sorry Ron.” I raised a brow and understood exactly what he meant. “Hey, you're my best mate. Don't worry.” My voice broke.

“Thanks mate.”

“No prob.”

And we had one of those very manly hugs with loads of back pounding.

... CONFIDENT ... FIERCE ... PERSISTENT ...

Last edited by Lollipop!; 07-20-2011 at 08:21 AM.