View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
3uzz3ee
Slytherin
SS Vaulter
Firecrab

Default A Year in Hiding- Sa16+

This is yet another story from me... Making it my 1-2-3-4-5 Fifth and a half (Now, Forever and Always isn't totally mine as I share with my SS sister Emily) Fic here on SS! It's totally from Alicia's PoV and it's set in their seventh year...

All recognised quotes, characters, places, ect. Belong to J.K Rowling. Everything else is my own creation.

A Year in Hiding

Chapter ONe, Part One:
Memory Lane

I’ve always been taught to embrace my visions, to let them run their own course. Not to run from them, not to fight them. So why am I running now?

Oh yeah, I forgot- the Death Eaters.

Isn’t it bad enough that Dumbledore’s dead? That Mad- eye’s dead? That George has lost his ear? They didn’t have to destroy a wedding and kill the Minister of Magic- even though we weren’t fond of him. Then there’s the small fight in Tottenham Court Road. So now we’re hiding in Grimmauld Place while Death Eaters stand outside the square, while Kreature hunts down Mundungus Fletcher and while we have no news from the Burrow. If I was here without Jamie, I’d be going insane. At least I can still reach the others if we ever need to talk to them.

Will you stop it!” Hermione said loudly as the room was plunged into darkness yet again. I heard Jamie sigh as he continued to stare out the window. He was watching the Death Eaters while Hermione read Beedle the Bard and Ron played with Deluminator. Just two of the things that Dumbledore left to us in his will.

Sorry! Sorry! I don’t know I’m doing it!” Ron said quickly. The Deluminator clicked again and we were sitting in a lit room again.

I watched as Harry slipped out the room again as they sat bickering. I sighed and stood up, causing Jamie to turn round and look at me. I smiled slightly as I walked over to him.

Anything?” He said quietly as Hermione and Ron continued to argue behind us.

No... I guess that no news is good news, really” I said in a whisper. I was determined to keep my worry out of his head. He didn’t need to know everything that I did.

Filth! Scum! Blood traitors!” We glanced at each other as Mrs Black’s screams echoed up the stairs. I was last to the door, letting the others rush past me. I already knew who it was.

Hold your fire, it’s me, Remus!

Oh, thank goodness” Hermione said, redirecting her wand towards the portrait. With a bang and a shower of red sparks, the curtains closed, so that I walked down the stairs in silence. I saw Ron and Jamie lower their wands.

Show yourself!” Harry called, his wand still pointing at the figure hidden in the dust.

I am Remus John Lupin, werewolf, sometimes known as Moony, one of the four creators of the Marauder’s Map, married to Nymphadora, usually known as Tonks, and I taught you how to produce a Patronus, Harry, which takes the form of a stag

Oh, all right” Harry said, lowering his wand as I passed them on the stairs and moved to hug the new arrival. “But I had to check, didn’t I?

Speaking as your ex- Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, I quite agree you had to check. Ron, Hermione, Jamie, you shouldn’t be quite as quick to lower your defences” Remus said as the others came down the rest of the stairs. “No sign of Severus, then?” He asked as he hugged Hermione.

No. What’s going on? Is everyone okay?” Harry asked as they shook hands.

Yes, but we’re all being watched” Remus said, looking exhausted. “There are a couple of Death Eaters in the square outside-

We know... I’ve been watching them” Jamie said quickly and Remus nodded.

You have to Apparate precisely on the front step to make sure they can’t see you” He said, glancing round at our faces. “They can’t know you’re in here or there’d be more people outside- I’m sure of it... They’re staking out everywhere that’s got any connection with you, Harry

Let’s go down to the kitchen instead of standing in this dark hallway” I said in a dead voice, moving towards the door. They followed me, Hermione lighting a fire in the empty grate. Remus pulled out a few Butterbeers from under his cloak as we sat down at the table. I stared at the long scorch mark that Fred and George had caused two years previously.

I’d have been here three days ago but I needed to shake off the Death Eater tailing me... So, you came straight here after the wedding?” I tuned out of the conversation as Harry told him about the Death Eaters in Tottenham Court Road. Something wasn’t right.

Comment and tell me what you think!

Abi

I Know You Don't Believe Me, But The Way I, Way I See It,
Next Time You
Point A Finger, I Might Have To Bend It Back,
Or Break It, Break It Off...
Next Time You Point A Finger, I'll Point You To The
Mirror

Last edited by 3uzz3ee; 09-21-2010 at 06:00 PM.