View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ladybug

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Enya Mayberry
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bradley "Brad" Wills.
Accidents & Catastrophes
Workaholic || HOGwart | iloveyou. || SnowQueenEviee.

Well Ladies and Gentleman, It's that time again. Post!

Sophie; It was alright. At least you still found time to read it after, that's what makes me want to give you a huge cuddle xD As for the jumping into each others shoes. I can be at times...But i sometimes just write what comes to mind and hope it's good.

Okayy before i start guys. I would LOVE to say a HUGE thank you to Maura - again - for helping me. And this is dedicated to her 'cause i love her so much xD

Dreams.

I rubbed my forehead which held my scar. The scar that had made me famous, caused arguments between me and my friends, and a long journey I ended up taking with my best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. None of which i wanted ever to be about of my life. What I wished more than anything was that my parents, James and Lily Potter, were still alive. What's more, I wanted my godfather, Sirus Black and everyone else who had died for me. Something I had never asked for in my life. That people would give their lives for me so easily...it was unnerving.

I sat alone in the corner of the great hall, my mind troubled. The dreams still haunted me at night, I woke sweating and panting for breath. Rubbing my hand across my eyes I looked around.

It had been days since the dead had been buried. A few people had chickened out when the burial was going on.I didn't blame them - it was horrible work. The thought of it sent shivers down my back. The look of all those faces was too much to handle for most. Fred, Lupin, Tonks and everyone else now lay as if they were sleeping.

"Harry?" a soft voice behind me said, waking me up from my thoughts and making me jump. I looked over my shoulder into Ginny's eyes. I felt my heart quicken at the sight of her. Her soft skin, her long red hair and her shiny brown eyes. I felt myself smiling, and I felt a little better immediately. She sat down next to me, taking my hand in hers.

"Harry, what's wrong?" She asked looking into my face. I sobered up and sighed, there was no way to fool her and if she knew then Ron and Hermione was bound to have noticed as well. I found it annoying when people tried to pry into my thoughts, but deep down, I know that they were only trying to help.

I shrugged. "I'm fine," I lied to her, looking away. I couldn't meet her eyes. She wasn't stupid, I knew she wouldn't give up so easily.

"Harry, look at me." She extended her hand to pull my head her way. I had no choice but to look at her, "I know it's the dreams that are troubling you. Tell me about them," She said softly, leaning forward to kiss my lips like a breath of wind. I felt my heart quicken as I pulled away and stared into her eyes.

To everyone else we were both single, no longer dating after that time in my sixth year. After I had let her go, to save her. And now that was over, the
dreaded war. Now that was over we still were not together. The thought troubled me, I really like Ginny Weasley, yes. But did she like me? I always asked myself.

Ginny was still looking at me, i could tell. But I was deep in my thoughts. She knew this, of course, so she kept quiet. After a few minutes her patience broke. She leaned her warm hand on my cheek, bringing me back to earth. I stared into her eyes. I knew what was coming.

"Harry, tell me what's wrong," I heard her say, her breath brushing my face. I pulled back sighing. There was no winning.

"Is it the dreams?" She asked me, prying deeper. I nodded.

"Harry..." I heard her murmur. I swallowed and looked away, my cheeks warming. I could sense the concern she felt for me in her voice...and something else. I looked back up. Ginny was closer than I'd expected.

"Ginny," I replied heavily. I was so confused. For the past year, this was all that I'd thought about. Now that it was possible to have a future with Ginny, I couldn't see it happening, and she hadn't approached me, and why was she leaning closer now?

Slowly and hesitantly, as though afraid she'd scare me somehow, Ginny touched her lips to mine.

In an instant, all my worries and brooding for the dead and the injured, all those people who had sacrificed themselves for me...everything vanished.I leaned into the kiss, feeling as though my world at last made sense again. It felt wonderful. And for the time being, I was content.

___________________Look Who's Back.
Beware.

Last edited by Ladybug; 09-24-2010 at 05:03 PM.