View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lollipop!
Ravenclaw
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tilly C. Richards
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Persephone Walters
Accidents & Catastrophes
heart The Way the Wind Blows - Sa13+
Bluejay | Potatopop! | SRS - Stupid Ravenclaw Syndrome

The world of HP belongs to J.K. Rowling however Eviee and I only own the plot. Thank you. Oh! And Amanda (_Ginny_) did the banner and the names for this story. And the luffly Dee did the avvies at the bottom of this page/ Thanks. -huggles-This is Lily and Eviee doing our first joined fic together. Now, let's get started! Just so you know, the following characters will be written by Lily: Luna, Neville, Ginny, Ron, George and Draco.
And these characters are written by Eviee: Dean, Harry, Hermione, Lavender, Angella a.k.a Angie and Cho

Chapter 1:
The War May Be Over, But the Pain is Just Starting
No Way Of Knowing

I forced my eyelids open, with difficulty. They felt heavy and it seemed like they had a mind of their own, and they wanted to stay closed. But, I was wake for the last five minutes. It was just that I hadn't opened them. I just lay there, listening to my thoughts. Wishing so much that they would just shut up.

I whimpered at the sound of someone slaming the door. I was alone in the room and I felt utterly insane. Alone. And nuts.

I finally swung my legs over the side of the bed and stretched. Every bone in my body ached and cuts all over my chest were turning purple. Gross. I looked away from the hidiousness that was myself and pulled out some clean close from my trunk that my Dad had summoned up.

I pulled on my jeans first and winced as the loose denim rubbed against my thigh. I was pulling my stretched cotton top when the door opened and I saw the boy I loved walk in and I screamed.

"Hey Gin- OH MY GAWD! SORRY! SORRY!"

Harry Potter ran out of the room, closing the door behind him and I pulled my shirt down. All I could think was how glad I was that I had slipped on my jeans first. But, he saw the scars on my stomach. I gulped. This was gonna be great fun.

"You can come in now."

Harry walked in, very slowly...

I rolled my eyes and I pulled my hair out from under my shirt colar. "Gin, your stomach-" I cut across him with a snap. "Don't start Harry." He hung his head and I knew exactly what he was thinking. I chose to fight. So Bellatrix got at me with a knife. The memory of pain filled my mind and I winced at the memory.

"Tell me where Potter is." demanded the rough voice of Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Never!" I screamed backing up. Friends stood around me, here and there fighting a deatheater. I glared at Bellatrix and threw a stone at her and while she was distracted I grabbed my wand from the cold ground and shouted, "Stupefi!" The red light bounced off her shield and she hissed at me.

Lestrange pulled a knife from her sleeve and in a flash of silver she brought it down across my stomach. I screamed and she sliced again and again and again. Blood poured from my flat stomach and I screamed again.

I lifted my leg and kicked her stomach and she fell back. Luna Lovegood grabbed me and dragged me away while someone distracted the hell that was Bellatrix Lestrange.

I sighed and thought until Harry coughed. "Down stairs. They're talking about burying the bodies." My breath caught and turned into a choked sob. Harry wrapped an awkward arm around me for comfort.

I rested my head against his shoulder and in that second I felt as though something in my heart had connected and I'm pretty sure he felt it too. I looked up and batted my eyelashes twice. His breath caught and he had to gulp. I reached up and he leaned down and our lips were but inches apart.

I suddenly felt sweaty and I pulled away. No. It wasn't right. He didn't love me. He made that clear when he broke up with me.

I fought the tears and croaked; "C'mon. Let's go downstairs." I started to walk down, I could her him follow me as clearly as if he was right beside. Okay, so noowww my thoughts shut up! "So... how've you been?" My thoughts voiced out the question.

"Uh... Well, can I talk to you, Ginny?"

I stopped in my tracks. "Of course Harry. Is everything alright?"

I could hear him gulping. "Well. Not really. I-I'm still having nightmares." He looked in my eyes and I stared back into his emerald pools.

"Harry, I-I-"

"Please don't say anything to Hermione, Gin. Okay?"

I nodded sadly. I didn't say anything because I knew I would end up telling her. My eyes teared up. I couldn't believe this pain. He hugged me but it was an awkward hug.

The visions of the dead people down stairs filled my mind and I stucked in a sharp breath. Pain rose inside my chest and I gasped.

He seemed to understand and he let me lean against him and half carried-half dragged me down the stairs and through the common room. Blood covered the place and the paintings were pictures of horror and were trying to cure the other paintings that had found some way to fight.

TThis was hell. Hands down.

I closed the door to the Room of Requirement behind me and started walking down the stairs towards the Grand Staircase. The past few days had been one long and stressful haze to me. Harry, Ron, and I had to sneak into Hogwarts, and then there had been that huge battle. That scary moment where I thought Harry was dead and my heart stopped beating was still fresh in my mind. I turned the corner and walked straight into someone, who staggered back a few steps with an indignant, "Oi!"

"Oh. Sorry, Ron," I said tiredly. Rubbing my eyes, I looked up and into a pair of chocolate brown eyes which belonged to my best friend, Ron Weasley.

"Where have you been Hermione?" Ron asked copying my pace as we walked on. "Me and Harry have been worried about you." The tips of his ears grew slightly redder.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Just around," I simply said as we walked down yet another flight of stairs. I still wore the same clothes I had wore during the battle, having nothing else to wear. My cardigan was smudged with dirt and blood, but nothing compared to what the castle looked like. It was a wreckage, pieces of stone everywhere. We didn't meet many people while we walked, in total silence, an awkwardness between us. I couldn't get a grip on my feelings toward Ron. Ever since that kiss in the Room of Requirement, my mind had been a jumble of emotions.

"How's Harry?" I asked, hoping to break the silence between us. I looked sideways at Ron. He towered over my slender form. His red flaming hair had got longer over the course of the year, and he had become broader around the shoulders and chest. He looked almost grown up. No, he did look grown up! I corrected myself.

Ron caught me looking. He turned to face me, his chocolate brown eye's boring into mine. I felt my face grow hot with embarrassment and looked at my feet to hide it.

I saw him smirk out of the corner of my eye. I felt butterflies in my stomach, something that had never happened before. I couldn't be...I believe you're falling for Ron, I told myself as we continued to walk. As we got closer to the Great Hall we passed more and more people, who looked just as messy and tired as we did. Some were crying over their losses, and some looked relieved that they hadn't lost anyone. Their dead loved ones were still lining the walls of the Great Hall. Seeing this, Ron and I fell into another awkward silence.

As we descended the last flight of steps, I saw Harry and Ginny walk out of the Great Hall together. Harry's hair had also grown longer over the year, although it still had a mind of its own. From where I was I couldn't see his scar, which I knew still burned on his forehead. His clothes too were dirty and ripped in places. Ginny looked better, with less dirty clothes. Her red flaming hair, exactly like Ron's, flowed down her back. They both looked up at us as we made our way down the crumbling stairs.

"There you are Hermione," Harry said, relief clear in his voice. Ginny smiled at me from her space next to Harry. After their breakup almost a year ago, both had an awkward relationship with each other. Just like me and Ron, I thought to myself as we both descended the last of the staircase to meet them.

"Where were you Hermione?" Harry asked me, staring into my face like it would give him the answer.

"Just around," I said simply, trying to ignore his stare. I knew he could tell I was lying about something, but sometimes people had to let it drop.

"Well you're here now, that's all that matters," Ginny cut in. She hit Harry on the arm to stop him staring. I sighed in relief and smiled my gratitude at her. If it wasn't for Ginny I probably would have broken down and cried right there.

"What's happening?" I asked Harry, nodding my head towards the open doors leading to the Great Hall. Everyone followed my gaze. A bunch of remaining professors gathered in a bunch, talking in hushed tones, looking at the long row of bodies every few seconds. I watched this for a few minutes before looking at my hands, I couldn't bear seeing all those dead bodies.

"They're planning on burying them," Ginny said, also in a hushed tone. I could feel her gaze on me, so I lifted my head to look at her, the boys were too busy on looking in the hall. I watched at Harry rubbed his eyes for the tenth time since walking out of the hall.

With a quick look at Ginny who gave me a nod I said, "Harry...You all right? Have you been sleeping well?" I know it sounded weird, but someone had to ask.

Harry looked at me, his eyes looked slightly red around the edges. Ron's and Ginny's full attention were on us as Harry replied, "I'm fine."

I opened my mouth to complain, to tell him he didn't look fine and it was all right to have nightmares, but Ginny took hold of my arm and yanked me away from the boys. She had a look of determination on her face as we walked away from them.

"Don't pry Hermione, he's been having nightmares again," She told me, stopping and facing me, her arms folded.

"How do you know?" I asked her, concerned for Harry's sake.

"He told me, just before you guys walked down the stairs."

"Oh," was all I could say. I peeked over to where Ron and Harry stood, deep in conversation. I watched as Ron laughed at something Harry said. My stomach filled with butterflies again, and I looked away from the sight. Ginny was watching me again, i knew it, so I yet again turned to face her stare.

"You like him don't you?" She asked, a smiled playing on her lips.

"No way!" I replied, my face dumbstruck.

"I'm not stupid," Ginny told me, guessing my thoughts.

"I never said you were!" I said turning to walk back towards the boys.

I heard Ginny laugh behind me. "Hermione, I know that look. It's all right with me, if that helps anything." She put her hand on my shoulder. "Come on. You can talk to him later. But now we have to focus on more important things, like the castle and the dead." Her voice was somber again. Together, we walked back towards Harry and Ron, steeling ourselves for a hard day.

{ C h a p t e r I n d e x }

Chapter 1: The War May Be Over, But the Pain is Still There
Chapter 1: No Way of Knowing
Chapter 2: Missing You
Chapter 3: Surprise Attack
Chapter 4: Dreams
Chapter 5: A Rueful Kiss
Chapter 6: A Wrong Thought
Chapter 7: Mistakes
Chapter 8: The Beginning
Chapter 9: Brown Eyes
Chapter 10: Words
Chapter 11: A Strange Feeling
Chapter 12: Unknowingly
Chapter 13 part 1 of two: McGonagall; A History
Chapter 13 part 2 of two: McGonagall; A History II
Chapter 14 part 1 & 2 of three parts: She Gave the Green-Eyed Girl a reason to be Right
Chapter 14 part 3 of three parts: A Judging...
Chapter 15: Guilty Until Proven Innocent...
Chapter 16: The Announcement
Chapter 17: Un-trustworthy
Chapter 18: Moving On...
Chapter 19: Rekindling that Friendship
Chapter 20 Part One of Two: The Making Up
Chapter 20 Part Two of Two: The Contestants
Chapter 21: Protection
Chapter 22: Worried
Chapter 23: Austrailia
Chapter 24: Flying Books
Chapter 25: the ChimeraChapter 26: All a Joke
Chapter 27: Cry Over an Onion

... CONFIDENT ... FIERCE ... PERSISTENT ...

Last edited by Lollipop!; 07-20-2012 at 11:23 AM.