View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #143 (permalink)
Con_Stripes
Ministry

Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Oz Thickey
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Desiderius Alberda
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Odessa
The Eye of Sauron | Zan-y | Snake Charmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoHeGiNeLu View Post
"So are sharks," she said pointedly, nodding her head. Sharks were actually bigger than herself. And she felt pretty confident that she would punch one if it ever came near enough.

Ellie listened to the directions. An oval, huh? Elongated oval... like a cucumber? That was an elongated oval. She quickly freed her wand from it's holstery trappings before the thought escaped her, and traced an oval in the air. Like a cucumber.

Now the incantation, THAT was the hard part. Cucurbita Intaglio. Cue-CUR-bit-a In-TAL-yo. She mouthed the words. Cue, like cucumber. Cur, like curry. Bit, like 'it bit me'. A, like...a. Ha. Why were spells soooo darn funny! Couldn't they ever be like NORMAL words? Like 'cucumber that says Ellie'. And POOF. There was a cucumber that said 'Ellie'. And would that even matter? Ellie versus Eliana? Because she wouldn't like the feeling of being reprimanded by a cucumber by it calling her 'Eliana'. Only her mom called her that. And only when she was in trouble. Which, yeah, happened a lot. But that's not the POINT.

So, the hand goes up, "Would nicknames suffice?" Ha. She said 'suffice'. That was a word that would make her sound smart. People never used the word 'suffice' in real life.
"If you are commonly called by a nickname then it is fine. If its a name you identify with it will have enough 'power' to work against the Kappa." Truebridge splashed a little more. "But if you generally go by your full name, then it is better to go with that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Should be easy.

In fact Xylon would have been surprised if he couldn't get this right at the first try. He was in his last year of study after all. He moved his wand in the required elongated loop but did not say the spell, as if warming himself up.

Oval-like loop.

"Cucurbita Intaglio."

There it was. A cucumber inscribed with his name. Xylon tossed it into the air, caught it with one hand, vanished it and raised the same hand.

"Do we need the full name, sir?" He asked. "I mean, middle name as well?"

Idle curiosity? Nah. Real curiosity.

"Middle name isn't necessary, but it won't hurt if you can manage it." Truebridge answered. It was a good question and he nodded at Xylon approvingly.

"Alright, I'm going to send a message to have the Kappa brought in now. Nobody will have their livers eaten, or their blood drained, so please don't panic. However I want you all to be polite to the Kappa when it arrives, you can conjure cucumbers for it, try to trick it into bowing, or ask it more questions to find out more about what Kappa do and think." Truebridge instructed the class and then sent a patronus off to his helpers.