View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 02:15 PM

Post Matthew Lewis talks Neville Longbottom's dramatic physical change in Deathly Hallows

In a new interview, actor Matthew Lewis opened up about the physical changes he had to go through to play Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter films. He noted that as Neville looked dramatically different in Deathly Hallows, the final installment in the saga, he was given the chance to forgo his signature fake teeth and fat-suit.

Quote:
"The teeth and the ears were the first to go, and then the fatsuit came shortly after - I look a lot more like him in the new film," he revealed.

"I didn't mind wearing all those things because it was appropriate for the character. He's been a bit more bloody and battered as he's been living underground so we've made him slim out."
Quote:
"It's been a great evolution of the character.

"Having started when I was 11 years old, Neville was shy and vulnerable, who was pushed around, bullied and was very nervous.

"Over the years, he has more depth and can stand up more for himself. In the seventh one, he's almost a completely changed man. He's a reckless resistance leader who wants to go and fight, and do the right thing. He's become more heroic, he's got heart, courage and loyalty. He's still not perfect, but he comes through where it counts."