View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 02:19 AM   #61 (permalink)
AmbiguouslyMe

SA & DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
x4
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Preston nodded as students chimed in with their suggestions.

"Good, good." He clasped his hands behind his back as he made his way over to the curtain and ducked behind it.

"I think some are more practical than others, but I hope you see that even spells that seem silly might have application." He emerged from behind the curtain carrying a single chicken.

"There's the added part of changing an item being easier than conjuring one, so it's something good to practice if for no other reason than building your skill." Preston smiled as he petted the bird in his arms before setting it on the desk.

It gave a small flutter of its wings and a cluck, as Preston extracted his wand. "Pulvinus," he said simply, giving his wand a swish and a flick. With a small pop, the chicken turned into a small feather pillow.

Turning to the class, Preston flicked his wand at the board. "Pulvinus, from the latin for cushion, will transfigure your target into a pillow. It works best with already soft items and feathered birds." Preston flicked his wand at the curtain, allowing it to drop. Behind it was a pen full of chickens.

Reaching behind his desk, Preston pulled up a pail of chicken feed and a box of stuffed chicken toys.

"I'd like you to practice the incantation and wand movement, a swish and flick, at your desks before you come up to get a chicken. You should also grab some feed to help keep it calm and get it to trust you." He paused. "If you cannot, or will not, practice on a live animal, you may come get a stuffed animal. First and second years may take a stuffed animal without being questioned; older than that will need to explain to me why."

"Questions?"

ooc: remember, no homework this lesson, so get really in depth with your practicing - break it up into multiple posts

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time