View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #94 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoritaMaxie View Post
Gold raised a hand. "I wore a charmed hat to a match, last term," she said, cheerfully. "Lion hat. We can wear robes, caps, watches and stuff - accessories, in general - that bear the team symbol or mascot. Oh, and there's face-painting. To show support."

Like she had had her cheeks painted, at the World Cup. AND! Too late. Gold lowered her hand, and grinned at the fact that Professor Carlton had chosen this very moment to move on. Oopsies.

Oh. Gold knew this charm. Obviously. But she still gave the incantation a shot. Tap, point, circle to the right, circle to the left, Colorus Fulgeo Gold to Ted. It had sounded pretty complicated, when Gold had first attempted to learn it; but, once you got the hang of the wand movement, it was smooth sailing all the way to the short.

She raised a hand. "Professor, I already know the incantation. If it's okay, can I help people who're having trouble, instead?"

Gold raised a hand. "If we have robes that are fabric-painted though, ma'am, I assume it would work on them?" She asked, politely. Come to think of it, she had never tried the Paint-Flashing Charm on fabric-painted cloth, or clothes. She had mostly used it for banners.

But now she had something new on her mind, for experimentation.

Yep!
Coming to a stop by Gold's desk, Lexi said, "Oh, a charmed hat! I bet that was pretty. It's always fun and exciting to dress in our team's colors." She started to turn and head off in a different direction, when Gold asked if it was alright for her to help fellow students. Gold was a prefect, so Lexi was sure she really knew her stuff when it came to magic. "Oh, sure, Miss Laksh. Thank you. We're about to move on to actual painting, but I'm sure someone may need a little help with that," she said with a smile. Lexi gave Gold a thoughtful expression at the sound of her next question. "You know, I've never tried it on fabric-painted cloth, but since it is made with paint, it would likely work. You should give it a try and let me know what you come up with."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_the_Firelady View Post
Josh nodded happily when the professor greeted him back and sat down ready to practice the new spell. Colour flashing charm! Coolness! He could make use of that everywhere because single colour on something was always boring.

Now he was ready to practice the spell so he sat straight and grabbed his hazel wand. But there was something missing: what was he going to cast the spell on? Hmm aha! There was his charms book soooo let's get started.

First he tapped on the book then did a circle movement with his wand to the right then did the same to the left ''Colorus Fulgeo Red to Gold'' heheh yeah Gryffindor.

''Colorus Fulgeo, colorus fulgeo!'' this was fun but then he stood up again when he decided that he had a question. ''Professor we can combine this with the means of communication we discussed and send our loved ones cool messages, can we?'' because he was going to plan something.
"You sure can," Lexi said, giving Josh a smile. She was pleased by the way he seemed to be so enthusiastic about the charm and what it could do. "As long as that message contains paint, you're good to go."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa Black View Post
Easssy peasssy! Cam pulled out her wand and smiled. Right. Now.. make magick! Where could she find some paint? Er..

The WALL!

"Colorus Fulgeo white to red" Oops... hopefully Professor wouldn't mind the fact that she now had a bright, red wall.

heh..
Lexi gave Cameron a shifty little smile. She quickly caught on to what the girl was trying to do, and if she did say so herself, it was a sneaky but clever little move. "Remember, the first step in the wand movement is to tap the color you want to flash, so if you were going to make my walls flash," she said, giving the girl a slight warning look, "you'd need to tap the wall first." As Lexi walked away, though, she couldn't help but think how cool it would be to have flashing walls. She just might call this Cameron girl in to help her redesign a few places...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianna Malfoy View Post
Dianna pulled out her wand and gave it a try.
Ok, to the right then to the left. Right. Left. Right. Left.
"Colorus Fulgeo blue to purple!" cool she can imagine how this would be like in a quidditch match.
"So we can also use this not only for banners but certain objects too?" she asked the professor as she lowered her hand.
"Mmhmm. As long as the object is painted, it'll flash," Lexi answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry174 View Post
Simon started too do what the Professor said, "Professor..." Simon started then stopped, he didn't want people to laugh, he was scared what if he was told off for asking such a stupid question, he was also scared he wouldn't be able too do the spell.
Passing by Simon and hearing her name---or title---being called, Lexi paused. She had taught Simon long enough to know that the poor boy lacked a bit of self-esteem when it came to casting. She gave him a reassuring smile. "You can do this. I believe you can," she said with a smile. "Just give it a try."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixy! View Post
Iris looked up to the professor as other people around her practiced. She put up her right hand, "Professor? Y'know this charm... Is it possible to use it to, like, change the colour of the paint to more than two colours? For example, if you wanted the colours to change from red to orange to yellow to green to blue to purple ... so on and so forth.... Or is the charm only restricted to changing it to two colours?" Wow. Iris felt like she'd talked too much then, and her head hurt a little. Hopefully Professor Cartlon would get what she meant though.

And yes, Iris did want to make rainbow paint. Just to prove her brother wrong. Silly him. Rainbow paint didn't exist. Pfft.
"You can use as many colors as you've mastered," Lexi answered. "You need to master two first, then three, and so on. Otherwise, if you try too many at once, your charm won't be very effective or long-lasting."

"Alright, class, it's time to move on to using actual paint. Now first, I'm going to give you a small sheet of paper to paint. I want you to paint it just one color---any color you choose---then work on charming it to flash another color," she instructed. As she talked, she levitated some paper, bottles of paint, and paint brushes around the room. The supplies divided themselves out and landed quite gracefully on the tables.

"Afterward, we're going to make actual banners with the paint and the charm, so save all your creativity for that. For now, just work on one color changing to another," she repeated. "This will give you an even bigger feel for the incantation and wand movement."

"There are aprons if the front of the room for anyone feeling as if they may need one," she said, waving a hand toward the box of aprons.