View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Emileyn
Gryffindor
I Nailed Wormtail
Love Hunter Extraordinaire
Mooncalf

♥ 2G FC| Narnian!| Fremione|Full Sail Girl ♥| Dramione| Shadowhunter!| Jesse ♥

Here's the next bit

Emily glanced up at the sound of her name. She squinted her eyes, noticing two figures by the lake. One was in the dark water, the other smiling from the ground. She waved back, somewhat enthusiastically.

“Hey guys!” she yelled to Jamie and Alicia.

Emily started to stand, brushing the grass from her backside. Emily walked slowly over to them, not much in the mood for company. She was still gloomy from her encounter this morning.

She giggled when she saw Jamie getting out of the water. “Let me guess—you pushed him in?” she asked Alicia.

Alicia nodded with a grin. “Have you eaten breakfast yet? We were about to head up there if you’d like to join us,” Alicia said.

Jamie looked seriously at Alicia. “Alicia, what’s that on your hand?” Jamie asked.

“What?” she asked as she brought her hand up to look at it. “You must be seeing things, Jamie. There’s nothing there,” she said as she showed it to him.

Jamie took hold of her hand with a malicious grin plastered on his face. “I guess you’re right,” he said. Before Alicia could pull her hand away, Jamie yanked her into the lake with him. Emily laughed loudly at them. “Huh, you’re a bit wet,” he laughed. Alicia laughed lightly.

“Thanks for that,” she repeated. She noticed Emily laughing, and gave her a grin. “Why don’t you join us?” she asked.

“No thanks,” Emily said, giggling.

Alicia glanced at Jamie once and then they both moved towards her. Emily shook her heads at them. “You wouldn’t dare,” she said, dropping her smile. She started backing up, but not soon enough. Jamie and Alicia both caught one of her legs and pulled her into the water too.

Emily came above the water surface, coughing slightly. “Thanks, guys.” Alicia and Jamie laughed at her as somebody rounded the corner of the tree and came into view. Emily noticed Pansy’s pug face. Frowning, she started getting out of the water. Emily wanted to be nowhere near her.

“Well, well, well,” Pansy said with a sneer.

“What do you want, Parkinson?” Emily asked with disdain.

“Just wanted to tell you to stay away from Draco. I see you stalking him and following his every move. He’s mine, Black, so stay away,” she said threateningly. “He doesn’t want anything to do with a blood traitor like you, not to mention a filthy Gryffindor,” she said with disgust.

“Thanks for the thought,” Emily said indifferently. She grabbed her wand and started drying off as Alicia and Jamie climbed out of the lake.

“Be warned,” she said as she turned on her heel and left.

“What was that about?” Jamie asked.

“Nothing, it was about nothing,” Emily replied. Alicia put a hand on Emily’s shoulder but she shrugged it off. “I, er, I’ll see you later. I, er, have to go do something,” Emily said. Before Alicia and Jamie could get another word out, Emily ran off.

Boy, am I getting a workout this morning, Emily thought as she ran beyond the Whomping Willow and through a field. Running helped her think. It helped her be at peace and get her anger off of her chest. She was upset and running helped her get away from that. If she stopped now, she would break down completely. She would sob until there weren’t any tears left. Emily ran through grass that was as high as her knees. It made her legs itch, but she didn’t care. She kept going. That’s what every one always told her to do. Keep going.

It didn’t matter that it was hard for her to keep going. Nobody cared that it hurt for her to keep going. Nobody cared that if they kept pushing her, she would be pushed right off the edge.

Emily collapsed into the field, no longer able to keep going. She curled herself into a ball and cried into her arm. She couldn’t take it anymore. Her teachers pushed her to do her best, and she couldn’t take their disappointment when she didn’t exceed their standards. Draco pushed her into their relationship with too much excitement. She couldn’t deal with the talks of marriage and the family they’d start. They couldn’t even tell the whole world of their relationship, so how could they get married?

I don’t care what they say about us, Ems, she remembered him saying that night. All that matters is that we’re together, forever and always, remember?

But what about our friends, our families? They should know about us, Draco,
she had told him.

We’ll run away, just you and me. We’ll build a mansion on the beach. You love the beach—it will be perfect, he said, ignoring her.

You’re not listening, Draco. I’m not leaving my family and friends. I love them too. Why can’t we just come into the open?

Because he’ll sabotage us and maybe try to kill you. I can’t put you in danger. And us telling everyone will put you in danger. I don’t want to lose you, he had said as he held her tightly. She had struggled from his grip and stood up.

Emily shook the thoughts from her mind. That was one night she never wanted to relive. Every time she thought about it, she thought about the mistakes she may have made. The months after were horrific for her. She longed for him to come back to her, but she knew it wouldn’t happen. He wasn’t the one that had left—she was. Emily continued to cry until the sunlight was well over her head. She had been out there for hours on end and knew she was probably causing some people to worry, but she didn’t move. She ignored her growling stomach and stayed right where she was, alone, just like she’d be for the remainder of her life, because Draco Malfoy was no longer an option, and that was her only option, the only option she would ever consider. The only option she wanted.

Tag, Abi!

Last edited by Emileyn; 11-06-2010 at 10:37 PM.