View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 05:57 AM   #115 (permalink)
MalfoyzBeloved
Slytherin
Puffskein

Chapter 29
The House Cup

Gryffindor won their Quidditch match. It was now between Slytherin and Gryffindor, soon to be one of the most epic matches of the decade. Bryony and Harry had many arguments about the Quidditch practices, and in the end the deal they managed to strike was still in her favour... which meant it wasn’t in the favour of the rest of the team. Why did we have to end up with a captain that belonged in the loony bin?

I got a break from studying, but I ended up nearly blacking out during our last practice before the big game... along with one of our other chasers, but she was out cold for about a minute. We were just told not to do it during the match. As if that can be promised.

When the match did come, the roaring crowds in the stands were almost too much to bear. When the match started, it seemed to get louder.

The scores began to climb slowly; both Slytherin and Gryffindor were battling it out ruthlessly. We managed to take out one of the beaters by slugging him a bludger right to the elbow of his hitting arm. We were fortunate to have Dalton; while he had the best aim, our other beater, James, had a great arm that, almost every time, hit the general target. When the scores were tied in the 200s, our seeker, Bryony, and Gryffindor’s seeker, Harry, really started to play it out. I didn’t have any spare moments to do so much as even glance at them, but from what my peripheral vision could tell, it was pretty vicious. There were some shoving and close dives.

I had the quaffle again. As I darted through the Gryffindor chasers and dived from some bludgers, my vision began to blur and tunnel. Damn it – not now!

I sped towards the keeper and faked him out by aiming for the highest hoop, but instead throwing it to the lowest, earning 10 points. A roar of cheers erupted from one half of the stadium. My head pounded even more.

“You ok?” another chaser, Blaire, yelled to me.

“I don’t know!” I yelled back. “It’s too loud.”

I saw her wince sympathetically before she darted off and stole the quaffle from the Gryffindor chaser, Demelza, speeding towards the other end of the pitch. I followed alongside her a few yards away. She threw it to me and I caught it, immediately throwing it to our third chaser, Damien. As Demelza darted to him, he threw it to Blaire, who almost got taken out by another chaser. She spun around on her broom, allowing the other chaser to speed right through where she just sat moments ago and towards the stands. They turned in time, but not fast enough to stop Blair from getting upright and throwing it to me again. As we got to the hoops again, my vision blackened. I felt my broom drop beneath me, but when my vision was back, I threw the quaffle to Damien, who looked surprised but managed the sudden change of plans with ease and scored 10 points.

“It looks like Potter sees the snitch! Darting around Montague, he’s set dead-on for the... and here comes Montague, who...”

The crowd groaned as she ran right into him, sending him spiralling for a few feet. He regained his balance and sped after Bryony and the snitch. As I chased after Ginny Weasley, who had gotten a hold of the quaffle, my vision blackened again.

“It looks like Black is unable to control herself as she comes up behind Weasley. Oh wait, she’s gotten back up...”

I heard half cheers and half boos as my vision came back. I laughed and kept going after Ginny. I saw Dalton take a swing and the crack of the bludger against his bat. I dove beneath the bludger as it came flying at me and circled around. It just skimmed by Weasley. I looked at Dalton, who appeared shocked he missed his target. Seeing Blaire coming up on my right, I darted towards Dalton as she kept after Ginny.

“Give me that!” I yanked the bat from Dalton.

“And it looks like Black has taken possession of Dalton’s bat! Come on, Dalton, we know your arm isn’t the best, but come on...”

A roar of laughter came from half of the crowd, while the other half booed. When Dalton responded with a rude hand gesture, the half of the crowd that booed started cheering, while everyone else gasped.

“It’s just been called by officials that Slytherin loses 40 points for that. Good going, Dalton.”

The crowd exploded, the yelling mingling in a bittersweet way as a bludger came flying towards me. With my eyes on where Ginny would be in 3 seconds, I swung the bat and hit the bludger. The hit reverberated, causing my arm to shake but the bludger to go flying. It hit her square on the shoulder. She dropped the quaffle and started to plummet for the pitch, the arm I hit held awkwardly close to her body. She managed to land, and a substitute went flying in for her.

“Don’t do that again!” Dalton yelled, grabbing his bat from me.

“It looks like Slytherin loses 20 points from the game for that move there. Congratulations, Black.”

I was enjoying the mixed reactions of the crowd; it was so even in noise volume it was just garble to my ears. I then sped after Blaire and had to do a tight turn so I could follow. Blaire threw the Quaffle and got it through.

“30 points for Slytherin; only 30 more to make it back, guys!”

I heard more laughter than I did booing this time. Damien managed to steal back the quaffle and he threw it to Blaire before he got knocked down and started plummeting. He came back up just as Blaire threw it to me, but it was too late to pass, so I scored.

“Another 30 points for Slytherin!”

The match kept progressing until we had a lead of 370 points to 330 points. Bryony and Harry were getting even worse; Bryony nearly knocked out the Gryffindor keeper while Harry actually collided with ours. Our keeper managed to get upright, though, before getting seriously harmed and blocked a shot. The quaffle was tossed to me and I turned on a dime and sped off, gaining a few seconds as the others on Gryffindor took a bit longer to turn. Halfway across the pitch, my head began to spin and my vision blurring again.

I threw the quaffle to Blaire and really felt it. I began to drop; I could feel it and hear the gasps from the stands. The next thing I knew I was thrown from my broom as a bludger collided with my side and my broom kept going until it landed against the walls of the stands.

“And that’s karma!”

I was going to seriously harm that commentator when I could move again.

I felt like a ragdoll as I skidded and rolled until my mind totally shut out everything.

Siggy from Lissy and Anna's Shop of Super Frazzling Graphics

Last edited by MalfoyzBeloved; 09-28-2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: deleting un-story-related comment