Thread: Coffee Room
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #71 (permalink)
Lexers

Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lucas L. Rodemiere
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Carven Artemis Cooper
Department of Mysteries
x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasina Riddle View Post
He was so trying to play her and Egypt knew it but still it was nice to play along with him. It was just easy going fun. "Well I am sure that was a hard earned lesson James," she told him softly. "This is a nice place to work once you get over the coffee." she giggled. "Why don't you join me and my husband for drinks after work at the Leaky Cauldron?" she offered. Nathan was always up for a nice drink and Egypt could always grab some water and cookies.
James grinned, "T'was. But useful, one can never be too well-mannered." Huh. Couuuugh.
"The coffee?" James looked down at the untouched browny liquid and wilted internally. He could not live without good coffee! GASPETH.
"Not good coffee?" He mumbled, pouting. How lame.
At her offer, the reporter attempted a half smile. Drinks with her husband?
"You're married?" Aw, that ruined all his fun. "Why are the pretty ones always taken? James said grinning but really he was hell scared her husband was some tall, butch man that'd squash him like a fly. Naww.. why was he a wimp!?
"Er.. sure he wouldn't mind?" Translated as: Will he kill me if I'm with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphadora_Moody View Post
Smiling, Calendula said translating, "So you are, surely." She was used to translating, for sometimes she got carried away with her French heritage and would babble away to someone in her native tongue when they didn't even know what bonjour meant, let alone a full lecture in french. "Well interesting is an understatement for mwah."
Calendula seemed unperturbed at his lack of lingual skills and James felt a little bit less sorry for himself. So he'd never listened in French. Big deal.
"Ah, well that makes much more sense. I think I'll stop pretending I speak French. Hasn't worked out so well for me, has it?" He smirked and twirled the liquid around in his cup. He didn't want to taste it lest it be bad. If there was one thing he couldn't hack it was coffee.. and also being pulverised by husbands. >.<
"I think you just need to let people get to know you." He shrugged and set the coffee down. "Which school did you go to?" He asked casually.