View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 01:49 AM   #163 (permalink)
LeapFrog
Ravenclaw

Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ellette "Ellie" Spencer
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Persephone Stuart
Magical Law Enforcement
x3
Haunted Lollipop ☛ Powerpuff Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione_loves_Ron View Post

Ollie shrugged his satchel from his shoulders, opened it and withdrew a leatherbound journal. In this, he carefully noted the details of his article and interviews he needed to make, for further note. Taking a drink of his cappuccino, he looked around again.

"I take it... people don't hang out here much?" he noted, attempting to make conversation with these unknown co-workers of his.
Daphne poked her head up. In her experience, the desk area was quiet for the most part, but she welcomed the change in tone. She often found this part of the office much like a library; if she chewed too loudly she feared a disgruntled librarian would tell her off.

She smiled to the guy. "It's really quiet here, for the most part," she said, carefully matching the volume of her voice to his. After all, there was no real reason to whisper, there were only three people around. "I'm Daphne," she said, extending her hand.

Several of her fingers had rings of various colours on them. She had seen similar displays in muggle fashion magazines and wanted to bring the trend to the wizarding world. Daphne dressed fashionably ever day to make the best first impression. It also kept her busy, as getting dolled up was no easy or quick task.

"I'm the editor of the Sports section," she explained, sipping her coffee. Her eyes drifted to the pile of papers, but decided this conversation would be more rewarding than reading useless memos. "I just got back from a holiday, and I guess the world doesn't stop for me," she laughed, picking up a note and putting it aside.