View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 03:26 AM   #51 (permalink)
Lexers

Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lucas L. Rodemiere
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Carven Artemis Cooper
Department of Mysteries
x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockhartian View Post
Mmmhmmm.

James B-?. Odd. Oh! James Parker. Yeah, she's never heard of him, and why should she, when Ian handed out the list of hires to the Section Editors, not to her.

Unless...well, she'd received something earlier today. But let's wait for the man to explain himself. Shiny office? "Why, yes, thank you...I practically did wonders with it, considering the state it was in" a nod came to her golden haired head, she already liked him just because he complimented the office. And she liked Tristan just because Tristan didn't like Quidditch either. Everything was oh-so-simple.

Sienna listened as he started to talk...and...what?! He doesn't know what he's supposed to do?! She was starting to wonder how James Parker had managed to get the job. Oooooh. Now she gets it.

He had no information about Enrico Serio. He just wanted to know what he was supposed to do with his job.

"Oh, okay. Well, first of all, it's nice to meet you James, I'm Sienna Knoll..." as he should have observed in the door he passed a couple moments ago, "...the Prophet's Managing Editor" she smiled, and was certainly glad that James didn't wander into Ian's office, "As I seem to recall..." lies, she was looking for that piece of paper that she was sure had the name of the hires...and once found she continued, "...you were hire as a News journalist" yes, the list was in her delicate hands, and was suddenly placed next to a bottled water on the table, "Have you ever worked in another newspaper before?" stupid Ian had the files, how was she supposed to know? "If you have, then you should know what to do by now....hunting down stories, of course...as far as 'where' is your place in this big office, we're still going through a couple renovations, but one of the desks you see out there is your own, just pick one that is empty and that's it" she said, pointing out the much-too-crowded desks outside her office.
James started to wonder if his Editor was a little loony. She looked frazzled and then puzzled and then incredulous. He was getting nauseaus just observing her facial expressions.
Curiously, she found his flattery appeasing and James learnt the first thing about his Editor. Flaaaaatter. He smiled jubilantly and nodded as she explained the new interior, noting her self-praise. Well.. it was nice - so the old place must've been hellish. Blah.
She made no reply to his question about what he was supposed to do..
Well.. greaaat.

Then, THEN after waiting for five minutes she decided to a) introduce herself and b) answer his question. Did she realise how confusing she was? He was utterly lost now.
Ack.
He blinked in a bewildered fashion and waited for her to finish. At her question on his expertise, James raised an eyebrow.
"Uh.. yeah, I've got heaps of experience.. but it's not like it says anywhere what to do exactly. Is there a specific theme or idea I'm supposed to write about?" Nice. Write a story. This wasn't primary school.
"So summary: Find a desk, write a random story and that's my job?"

Oh dear. This was going to be a looooong day.