View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 07:52 PM

Post Videos: Helena Bonham Carter completes work on Deathly Hallows

In a new video interview with The Dish Rag Helena Bonham Carter reveals that she has finished filming for Deathly Hallows. She explains what Bellatrix Lestrange gets up to in the final films and talks about working with Daniel Radcliffe & Rupert Grint. The interview can be watched below;

Quote:
"I get to do horrible things," she admits about her character Bellatrix LeStrange. "I killed Sirius Black ages ago. I kill Dobby in this one and I torture Hermione. Oh, and I get to pretend to be Hermione. Hermione takes this potion that makes her look like me. So I had to act like Hermione pretending to be me."

Of her young Potter costars, she says, "They are such nice human beings, bright and with such great manners. I love them. I miss them."
UPDATE: Helena also spoke to MTV about portraying Bella in Deathly Hallows and how much she enjoyed working alongside Dan and Rupert whilst playing Hermione as a teenager. The video, unfortunately only for US viewers, can be seen below; the text is underneath.

Quote:
"I do have lines in this one, which is good," laughed the veteran actress, who has become a standout as evil Bellatrix Lestrange in the films. "I only finished it a couple of months ago.

"I get to torture Hermione," Carter said when asked about her favorite scene, which revolves around an incantation that Bellatrix drops on Emma Watson's character just for fun.
Quote:
The best bit about being Bellatrix in this one is also because I got to pretend to be Hermione," she added of a pivotal scene that has the evil witch's identity being assumed by Harry's friend in order to gain access to Gringotts Wizarding Bank, which holds Hufflepuff's cup — and a part of Voldemort's soul. "Because Hermione takes polyjuice potion and gets to look like Bellatrix."

"Rather than put Emma Watson in a helluva load of make-up they just said, 'Now you go act like Hermione,' " Bonham Carter said of their decision. "That was fun, because I always wanted to be Hermione.

"It was great fun," she said of the scene. "[I was] looking at Dan [Radcliffe] and Rupert [Grint] and they were treating me as if I was 17."