View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Davvy_Wavvy

Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & MO
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Belle Bellaire-Moore
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tyler James Bellaire

x1 x3
Frangelina || twitter addict || Music of the Sun || The Fresh Princess of Bellaire

The spells, the shouts ,the haunting smile, the tears the pain. Angelina sat up in bed panting. She needed to stop the nightmares, she needed a distraction. What she needed was something that would exhilarate her and leave her too tired to think. She needed quidditch. She reached under her pillow and pulled out the picture of her and Fred from under her pillow and ran a finger down his grinning face.
Her coach was thrilled when Angelina walked down to the pitch of her club. The coach lifted her off her feet in a tight welcoming hug. Quidditch season was only a few months away and he was beginning to worry that his star chaser was not coming back. Her coach walked with her to the locker where the rest of the team were gathered for their pre-training pep talk. Angelina was about to be pleasantly surprized. It had been so long since she stepped foot inside the locker room that she allowed her senses to feat on it's familiarity. The smell of leather and the decor of light blue pulled Angelina back into the days of Happiness. So caught up was she in the decor of the Tutshill Tornadoes changing room that she had not noticed the new player until the coach announced him.
"Johnson Wood,Wood Johnson. Angelina's eyes shot wide open as she took in the familiar grinning face of her once team mate Oliver Wood. He got to his feet and hugged her and she squeezed back.
"What are you doing here?" she asked, her eyes twinkling with excitement. The coach interrupted before he could answer.
"Three minutes and we hit the pitch, everyone else, lets go." The rest of her teams filed out leaving Angelina and Oliver.
"Things weren't working out at Puddlemere. Haven't you been reading the Quidditch Quarter? I thought every quidditch player subscribed." Wood said incredulously. Angelina shrugged.
"I have subscribed and I'm sure I've been getting them I just haven't been up to reading anything much later." Suddenly she felt the urge to be alone and Wood noticed the change in her demeanor. He tried to lighten the mood by changing subject.
"Well looks like it's you and me again Johnson.Try not to embarrass me out there. I like to think that I was a good captain who taught you well." He grinned and she smiled back and shook her head as she followed him out of the locker room and unto the pitch to join their other team mates.
Being back at quidditch had done a lot to lift Angelina's spirit. She almost felt like herself again to have wind in her hair and the exhilarating rush of being on a broom stick hundreds of feet in the air with sweat running down her face. She felt light and free.

After spending at least an hour soaking in hot water Angelina sauntered to her room in her bath robe with a towel drying her hair. It was almost 9:00 and she figured she should go to bed seeing that she had quiditch first thing in the morning. She had tried hard to distract herself from thinking of the night of the Christmas party at the Burrow. It stirred up emotions she did not want to deal with, not now. She had ignored all the letters that her friends sent her and they mercifully did not come over and blast her door down like they did last time. She was happy that they at least gave her some space. Next were the letters from George which she read but did not reply to. What was there to say after all? Why did he keep apologizing? Afterall nothing happened, nothing at all...except for feeling quite at peace and comforted lying next to him in her dead boyfriend's bed and being soothed by a hug she wished she could spend forever in. She mentally kicked herself for such thoughts. She should have never gone to his room, even if it was belonged to Fred too. She hoped she didn't ruin things for him and Jennifer.

Angelina was started when she heard a knock on her door. She had no idea who it could be at that time of night. Tightening her robe, she went to answer the door. She froze hardly blinking when she saw who it was. There was silence for a while between the two parties until finally Angelina spoke.
"What are you doing here George?" She could not make out the expression on his face.
"I don't know if you have been getting my letters. I just want to talk to you." Angelina didn't answer right away. She just stood blocking the entrance to her flat.
"May I come in?" For a second their eyes met and held, then Angelina stepped aside letting him in. She closed the door behind him.
She crossed her arms and looked at him.
"What do you want to talk about?" He stepped in closer to her and took her hand gently pulling her to the coach in the sitting room. He looked weary.
"I'm sorry about Jenn coming in like that. I know the situation was weird and I'm sorry for upsetting you." Angelina shook her head and beads of water ran down the side of her face from her hair.
"It wasn't your fault, I shouldn't have just barged in your room like that." He reached over and used his thumb to wipe the water away from her face.
"I'm not sorry you came in. You helped me so much in those few minutes we spent together. I don't know why but I feel so much better when I'm around you." Angelina didn't know what to say. Of course she felt the same way but didn't know how to express that.
"Thanks," she muttered. He looked at her and for a second there was a look of disappointment on his face but it was quickly replaced by a smile. He got to his feet and she did the same.
"So I'll be seeing you at the fundraiser right?" he asked brightly. Angelina looked at him puzzled.
"We're raising money for the orphanage. It needs to be renovated. I'm guessing you haven't been reading your mail. It's on Saturday, it starts at 9:00 am, there will be quidditch and a lot of other thing's I'm sure you'll enjoy. Be there Johnson." He grinned that charming Weasley smile. It was identical to Fred's. How could she say no.
"O.k fine I'll be there." She returned his smile and Fred lounged forward and hugged her before leaving her flat. She leaned against the door and smiled.
Maybe she would take Oliver along with her. Being there with George and Jennifer was bound to get awkward so maybe if she brought a "date" the woman wouldn't feel as threatened by her, if at all she felt threatened She would spend the day with Oliver and stay away from George as much as possible. She was happy for George, maybe having a girlfriend would help him get over or at least cope with his loss. Jennifer was after all a sweet girl as far as she could tell.

George laid spread eagled on his back on the bed in his flat. He was feeling a lot better now that he had gotten to speak to Angelina. He could already feel that tomorrow was going to be a good day at the shop with his mood being like it was. He breathed in deeply and smiled to himself. He too had liked Angelina and she had openly flirted with both he and Fred before he beat him to her for the Yule Ball. He didn't resent his brother for it though, the bachelor life had suited him fine at Hogwarts. Apparently the females liked a guy with a good sense of humour. He had to admit though that he felt a little jealous of his brother a few times when the three of them would hang out. He turned unto his side and her smile pierced the dark of his eyelids. He felt butterflies, then he felt sick. Even though he knew Fred would not mind him feeling how he did, he couldn't help being a bit disgusted with himself. He thought of Jennifer. She was a sweet girl and had been there for him but he didn't feel towards her what she felt for him. He just didn't know how to tell her that. Saturday he would spend the day with Angelina and if he got butterflies like he did tonight then maybe, just maybe he would he would give it a try. He would spend the whole day with her. He smiled. Having Angelina Johnson for himself was definitely a plus.

...Throw me to the wolves and I'll return leading the pack...