View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #212 (permalink)
OtterySt.Catchpole
Gryffindor
SS Featured Artist
DA Poet
Rupert is My Man!
SS100 Triumphant
Aethonan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ottery St. Catchpole
Third Year
Snowflake Replies will be TTYL's laters 'kay? 'Kay. Crazily busy. I double as Santa's Elves
Paris & Kellybear r luv :Read Otty 's fics:Gone With the Wind:I♥Rupert

Meanwhile in a flat in London, a battle of a different kind went on. No less important a battle nor any less deadly.

“Of course, I’m doing something about it Minister. I can’t expect your men to …”

“You had someone on the train, then?”

“I had a couple of someone’s on the train, against the possibility, yes,” Sebastian Shaw answered cautiously.

“You will disclose to us those operatives, the location of the train--”

“That’s where you’re wrong Minister,” Sebastian Shaw replied standing up. As he did so, however, the aurors flanking the minister had their wands out and pointed at him. “This is how you treat me in my own home? You come here demanding answers, you draw weapons against me in my own house? You really have dragged this ministry down to my level haven’t you minister?”

“There are children on that train. I don’t have time to bandy words,” Scrimgeour threatened, “nor will I.”

“Fancy that. Neither do I minister. I don’t have time to bandy words. I have something to be doing about the vampire problem that your ministry seems to be ignoring and of course, who can forget the Dark Lord? His minions are obviously using this as a cleverly disguised ruse, didn’t you think on that? While you all run around in a mad panic he’s busy doing something else more dangerous.”

“You can let us in on that at the Ministry.”

“I’m afraid not minister. This is still a free country and I plan to keep it that way,” Sebastian replied.

Scrimgeour looked at Sebastian Shaw darkly. He was not accustomed to being spoken back to, and already Harry Potter had taken it upon himself to do just that, and now this upstart. He made to grab Sebastian by his lapels, he was done being nice and found himself stepping back instead as a wand came up under his throat.

“You’ll be walking back slowly I think minister,” an invisible voice said, all anyone could see was a hand and a wand popping seemingly out of thin air.

“Who the devil?”

“You didn’t think I didn’t have guards did you?” Sebastian replied. The other two aurors were giving up their wands as well. As one of them was pinned against a wall by what had a second ago been just a stone gargoyle and the other, Mr. Weasley, lay his wand down on the ground while a young girl in a cloak who had walked seemingly out of the wall pointed her wand at the man’s head.

“You sir, are no gentleman!” Mr. Weasley exclaimed dropping his wand.

“No. I’m not.” Sebastian Shaw replied with no pretense at sarcasm. “What I am is at war and I’m trying to make the world a safer place for our children.”

“You wouldn’t know anything about children,” Scrimgeour exclaimed.

“You wouldn’t know anything about your enemies would you Scrimgeour? What exactly do you know about Tom Riddle? Do you know what games he likes to play, do you have any idea how his mind works? Do you know what he’s plotting over all? Do you know what his ultimate goals are? I don’t think so. You’re just a silly little auror who knows to point and shoot spells. What the people elected in fear. If they’d had sense enough to think they might have thought to hire a strategist and not merely a soldier to save their world.”

“Their world, Shaw?” Mr. Weasley asked, “are you formally bowing out of it?”

“No. I’m still very much a part of it Mr. Weasley, but I’m not one of those fool enough to think that the rule of law should be applied merely with a heavy stick.”

“But it does come in handy doesn’t it, boss?” the girl with the multicolored robe holding Mr. Weasley at bay interjected, smiling. Her robe was a secret special one that could change its colors to match the surroundings so that it blended into anything making the wearer almost invisible.

“You all will be leaving my house before me. And I would not suggest your men or you coming here again minister.”

“Not that the house will be here for you to find,” the girl added. Shaw silenced her with a firm look.

“Those children …”

“It’s regrettable that you let things escalate to this level, minister. My operatives are doing what they can.” He handed the minister a small folded paper. “That’s a map of the train’s route in real-time. It follows the train as it goes. Good luck. If you try to interfere with my men they will respond in kind.”