View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 07:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
OtterySt.Catchpole
Gryffindor
SS Featured Artist
DA Poet
Rupert is My Man!
SS100 Triumphant
Aethonan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ottery St. Catchpole
Third Year
Cool The Action Adventure continues ...
Paris & Kellybear r luv :Read Otty 's fics:Gone With the Wind:I♥Rupert

REPLIES: Howdy y'all Hope you all have had a good Saturday Morning

SenoritaMaxie: 1st Reader. Hey Maxie, you read too much, I mean I see your name in so many people's fics and then you write your own and you Nano and you go to school how do you find the time? But please don't leave my fic *grabsyouandtiesyoudown*

LilyLunaGinnyPotter: Hey LilyLuna thank you for reading

harita: Thank you harita, I'll try to post often, but at the very least, on Saturday Mornings or afternoons

DracoMalfoygirl12: My works all over the place on SS if you want to read something I might have finished. My best piece is Love's Whimsical Melancholy but this story is going to be a lot lighter, and more filled with action. I'm leaving the romance strictly in the romance section ... okay maybe one kiss or two for Neville & Trevor but mostly action.

SeerCassandraTrelawney: Thank you. I saw how you had the whole section all nice and welcoming and spiffy and I just knew my next fic had to be here. Thank you for letting me feel so welcome.

Spork!: Hopefully, you'll find more humorous things *ahem* amidst all the action, of course.

princess of*hp*: All my fics are crazy princess, feel free to find them and see just how crazy I can get my craziest has to be Mars Attacks! I love writing ...

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." Professor Mandelbrot quoted Jane Austen, "Is that so, Mr. Longbottom?!" he exclaimed as he sent off a stunning curse.

Neville ducked, threw himself on the floor rolled and stood up firing off a Jelly legs jinx, "I have to disagree wholeheartedly, sir."

Next to him Seamus kept firing curses at Dean who deflected them but not swiftly enough as he attempted to put Seamus on the defensive. Ernie MacMillan hung upside down while Hannah Abbot smiled wand in hand. She had caught him in a snare trap.

Professor Mandelbrot smiled at Hannah, "Well done, Ms. Abbot but how do you respond to this?" He fired a rope binding spell which Hannah jumped out of the way off, which of course hit Ernie and bound him in another bunch of ropes. "Don't drop the thread of the argument Ms. Abbot? Do we agree with Mr. Longbottom or nay?"

Curses flew, as well as quotes about Pride and Prejudice, it would have to be Gone with the Wind next week. The Hogwarts Secret Saturday Morning Marxist Reading & Action Adventure Club was a weird little set. Every weekend, and sometimes for special sessions during the week, they would gather under Professor Mandelbrots tutelage and they would discuss that month's book selection while they practiced their Defense Against the Dark Arts skills. Under the leadership of Professor Dumbledore they were at a moment's notice available to save the world as needed.

"I think Professor, that ..." Hannah fired off a stunning spell. "I think that it is true."

"Defend your position," he replied.

"I am!" Hannah objected.

"I meant the argument," the professor said smiling.

"Impedimenta!" Hannah shouted, then ducking behind a barrel she thought for a second. Something smashed in the distance. "Well, it would stand to reason, sir, that a man in possession of a large fortune would want to ... well he'd want to, grow his assets and ... well, the way to go about that is to invest wisely. Money alone is not the only asset a man has, and to be financially profitable is fine, but what profits the soul, or the heart of a man if he has a lot of money and no one to ... to share it and enjoy it with?"

Hannah looked up and found Professor Mandelbrot with his hands up. Neville having got the drop on him. Hannah smiled at Neville and he blushed. The Professor began to applaud. "Very well done the both of you."

Luna walked over to Ernie and with a wave of her wand, had released him. Rolf Scarmander standing underneath, caught Ernie as he fell. The boy with the tousled grey hair smiled at Luna who looked past him. Rolf was perpetually smiling at her and she didn't know if the boy was daft or if he had a problem with his lips that they just wouldn't stop grinning.

As the students gathered around the Professor Neville could be heard muttering, "I don't think so. Sounds just like Gran, always trying to get me married off or somethin' ... what if I don't like the girl? What if I don't wanna get married?"

"Yes, well Mr. Longbottom," Professor Mandelbrot said, dressed in robes of darkest black, a complete and utter opposite of the light brown of his hair and the hazel of his eyes. The Professor was a short muscular man with a short brown mustache and a glint of happiness in his eyes, a twinkle of mischief not unlike Dumbledore's, a grin from which sarcasm and a quick wit hung ever ready to be dispensed. "I'll make sure not to let you fall in love while you're in this reading group. i wouldn't want you off and married against your wishes, now would I?"

"Tea time?" Ernie asked hopefully as he took off the ropes that bound him, he'd been tied up about ten times so he had a lot of rope to untangle himself from.

"Tea and cakes and biscuits and strawberry tarts and the like," the Professor said, as the students all hungry after the early morning work out ran for the table by the entrance.

Just then however, in the center of the room Professor Dumbledore and Dobby apparated in the center of the room.

"I thought you couldn't apparate inside of Hogwarts," Ginny said as she got a strawberry tart. Hannah, Rolf, and Luna all turned to look at her.

"Hermione's always going on about it," Neville explained. "It says so in Hogwarts a History."

"I hate to interrupt your tea, but it seems the wizarding world is in peril again my students. I must call upon you for another assignment," Professor Dumbledore said.

"Dobby apparated the Headmaster. It is true you can't apparate inside of Hogwarts. Elf magic is different though," the little elf explained. He snapped his fingers and just like that the cup of tea that Neville had tipped over Hannah Abbot disappeared before it could soil her robes.

"What's the problem Headmaster?" Professor Mandelbrot asked wand at the ready to face any danger. Behind him his students listened ready for anything, because it was usually something they had not faced before. From a corner of the room a white cat sat and yawned for all the world bored with the proceedings. Trevor gave him a wary look and hopped away.

NEXT: My Littlelest Pet Shop or Danger a g0-g0! That'll make more sense when I actually write it ... I hope