View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #208 (permalink)
OtterySt.Catchpole
Gryffindor
SS Featured Artist
DA Poet
Rupert is My Man!
SS100 Triumphant
Aethonan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ottery St. Catchpole
Third Year
heart Happy Thanksgiving Day, y'all if you celebrate it, if you don't Happy Thursday! ♥
Paris & Kellybear r luv :Read Otty 's fics:Gone With the Wind:I♥Rupert

REPLIES:

Connie: Hey Conners, Happy Thanksgiving! *glomps* I haven't forgotten this story though I am running out of posts so ...

I'm glad you read my stories, but I'm starting to wonder if you don't get them all confused I do ... This is the one with the Marxists right? *looks at the title* Okay, no.

HannahLongbottom: Jools, I need to read your story ... I will look for it soon, November is almost over and Nano will be out of the way so I will have more time to you know, work on my fics and actually read people's fics. So ... expect me there soon. But don't post too much, then I'll have to play catch up

SenoritaMaxie: Don't worry Maxie, *gives you a blanket* This story only gets colder ... Yeah, *starts a fire for you* The Weasleys are love Maxie ... did I already post Maxie Zeus's appearance? He's on the train too ... Oops ...

Ernie's dead? I guess that means Neville's next according to the prophecy ... what? I didn't let you all read the prophecy yet? *pulls it out* Oh, no wait, Ginny then Neville ... I wasn't supposed to tell you all that was I?

*starts the story before he gives away anymore spoilers*

“Come with me Luna,” Neville said grabbing the girl by the hands and leading her in the opposite direction Harry had gone.

“We’re are we going Neville? I hardly think this is the time to be giving out declarations of love.”

“What? Me? No.” Neville blushed at the accusation and flustered stopped for a moment to regain his thoughts. “We’ve got to take control of the train. If they stop us we’re done for.”

“Of course.” Luna replied. “What was I thinking.”

“I want to help too,” said Hannah.

“Come with us then,” Luna replied. “Wands out everyone, I don’t think this is going to be just some silly prank.”

Neville didn’t know what to think and at the moment he didn’t really have time to care, so placing a hand over his breast pocket he led the girls up the passages towards the train engine.

As Luna, Hannah and Neville ran down the train they saw the smoke and the fires, the fighting and the screaming and the blood. There were so many bodies thrown about, it was not easy to tell who was simply hurt or dead. More than once they stopped to help but things were not looking good for their side. There were a fair few Death Eaters and while the students still outnumbered them the first years had no magic to speak of and were more of a hindrance than a help. Also, what kind of magical experience did the students have? Except for the members of Dumbledore’s Army most of the others hadn’t really practiced practical defense magic in over a year.

The Slytherins were all hiding or just not interfering in any meaningful way and the Death Eaters seemed to know what they were after targeting certain people. They were methodically searching for certain students and people.

“We’re never going to make it through all these cars, Luna!” Neville exclaimed. “The Death Eaters have taken that other car and they’re not letting anyone through.”

Luna could see Neville was right. A group of three Death Eaters were holding a car at bay even as some Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors were trying to get them out of there. It was a fire fight of spells flying back and forth and there simply was no way to advance further.

“I’m going to help them,” Hannah said seeing some of her classmates.

Neville stopped her before she walked off.

“Hannah,” he blushed. “Please, just … be careful, okay?”

“I will Neville,” she replied. She took a few steps forward then stopped turned and walked back. “Neville, you take care too.” She did an odd thing then, taking his face in her hand she turned him to face her and she kissed him on the other cheek. He blushed.

“You be careful too, Luna,” Hannah said, and ran off.

“How odd,” Luna said, “she didn’t kiss me.”

Neville just blushed even more. They were at an impasse. They could stop and help the others fight the Death Eaters but then was anyone actually trying to get to the train’s engine?

“It’s times like these I wish I had a magic carpet,” Neville said.

“We could just climb out and walk over the top of the cars,” Luna suggested.

Neville turned to look at her as if she were insane and then realized Luna was not joking. He sighed. If Luna could suggest it the least he could do was try it. So, they walked out in between the train cars and took the ladder up to the roof of their car. Their actions however did not go unnoticed.

NEXT: Sebastian Shaw, and you all thought he was just a throw away character and Draco's Daddy ... Oops