View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 08:15 PM

Post Deathly Hallows Ministry of Magic scenes to be filmed from December to February 2010

In a new interview to promote his UK programme Gavin and Stacey, actor Steffan Rhodhi spoke about his upcoming role as Reg Cattermole in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Also noted in the article is that his sequences in the Ministry of Magic will be shot next month.

Quote:
Steffan, who has a role in the new Harry Potter movie which he begins filming next month, is now best known for playing Dave – even though his agent advised him against the role.

“My agent said ‘you can’t just keep doing every small part – they will think of you as a bit-part actor.’
Steffan talks about his role in the film.

Quote:
Steffan is playing Reg Cattermole in the new Harry Potter film and he thinks his two teenage children are “secretly chuffed” with his new role.

“I think they are a bit fed up now of friends coming up to them and going, ‘What’s occurrin’” he laughs, referring to Dave Coaches’ catchphrase.
Quote:
Then he will move into a London studio to film his scenes for Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part I. His character is from the Magical Maintenance Department and his identity is borrowed by Ron Weasley.

“I’ve not done a huge amount of film in the past,” says the 42-year-old, who has appeared in Ali G Indahouse, Twin Town and the Oscar-nominated Solomon ac Gaenor.

“This is the biggest thing to date.”
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released on November 19, 2010 and July 15, 2011.

UPDATE: In another interview, Steffan reveals that he has read the relevant sections from the book. He also discusses the role and how he's prepared for it. Steffan also mentions how well the trio of young actors turned out.

Quote:
“I’ve seen two or three of the films with my kids,” said Steffan.

“But although I’ve not read the books, I’ve read the whole sequence I’m involved in.”
Quote:
“I basically have to be Ron pretending to be Reg,” said the father-of-two.

“It means I have to kind of impersonate Ron which is quite a challenge.”
Quote:
Steffan and his new co-stars have already met the young actors so that they could watch their mannerisms which they had to adopt for their own roles.

“They would do a scene and then we would do it after them.”
Quote:
Steffan was impressed with the young Harry Potter stars who were catapulted to fame when they were all still at school after filming the first Harry Potter movie.

“I was pleasantly surprised by how lovely and normal they are,” he said.
Shooting will take place for five weeks between December and February 2010.