View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
OtterySt.Catchpole
Gryffindor
SS Featured Artist
DA Poet
Rupert is My Man!
SS100 Triumphant
Aethonan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ottery St. Catchpole
Third Year
heart Whisper in my ear baby, words I want to hear...tell me that you love me 2, Kellybear
Paris & Kellybear r luv :Read Otty 's fics:Gone With the Wind:I♥Rupert

Well we
Hurt each other
Then we do it again
You say
Love is a temple
Love a higher law
You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on
To what you got
When all you got is hurt

~U2

"You look beautiful," Draco said taking a sip from his goblet his gaze on Ginevra Weasley, her resplendent red hair like a shower of crimson cascading down the white rock of her bare shoulders.

"Draco your pants are on fire," Pansy said.

"No they're not," the boy replied distractedly.

"They are now," Blaise said laughing. Draco turned to look at his friend angrily. His petty jealousies could be--then he caught the scent of burning cloth on his nose. He looked down and saw that his pants were indeed on fire.

"Holy s-- turn it off don't just stand there!" Blaise took out his wand and doused his leg with water.

"Pansy did it," Blaise said still smiling. Next to him, dressed elegantly from head to foot, stoic as one of the Queen's Buckingham palace guards, his chiseled gorgeous black face impassive stood Amadeus Basque, 5th year Slytherin and next to Hermione Granger the most intelligent student at Hogwarts, but unlike Hermione the most dangerous because he would not hesitate to use unforgivables.

"Very droll Draco, very droll. Blaise, I'm parched let us ... depart shall we?" Amadeus commanded more than asked.

"I'm sorry Drackykins," Blaise said.

Draco looked around to find Pansy so he could give her an earful of complaint but found himself standing alone with one wet pant leg. Ginny Weasley had disappeared from his sight on the arm of that insufferable git Michael Corner with his stupid long black hair and gorgeous smile that drove the girls crazy. What the devil did she see in him anyways?

Pansy for her part pushed past Ottery knocking him aside as she rushed out of the dance hall.

"I wonder what her problem is?" Ottery remarked brushing his shoulder.

"Do you want me to hex her, Otts?" Luna asked matter-of-factly.

"Uhm, no." Ottery replied pushing Luna's wand hand down. "But thanks, Luna. You're sweet. It wasn't anything and knowing her, it was probably something stupid Draco said or did."

"It was so sweet of you to ask me Harry," Susan Bones was saying, "I missed the last ball because Zacharias backed out at the last minute. He said he'd come down with the dragon pox. Still, it was very sweet of him to have invited me."

"The dragon pox, that's funny cuz I could have sworn," Harry stopped suddenly. Susan was looking at him curiously. "Yeah, I mean that would explain those awful splotches he had. You can't be too careful you know, they could come back at any time." Harry said angrily.

"You're sweet to worry, Harry. Do you want to dance?"

"Yeah, that's fine Susan, but I should warn you I don't ... whoa!" the boy exclaimed as Susan grabbed his arm and dragged him to the dance floor. "Hey, you really know how to dance," Harry said as Susan spun him around the floor.

Susan shrugged, "It's just one of the things I'm good at. I know you wanted to come here with someone else Harry, so ... thank you for asking me out."

Harry blushed. "Susan, I wanted to come with you which is why I asked you." He said sweetly.

It was in that instant that Susan Bones fell in love with Harry Potter. Her heart suddenly started beating for all the world like a drummer beating time at 1/16ths.

Then a song by Travis came on, and everything stopped.

"You've been waiting in the sun too long
But if you sing, sing, sing, sing, sing
For the love you bring won't mean a thing
Unless you sing, sing, sing
Colder, crying on your shoulder
Hold her, and tell her everything's gonna be fine"

Luna looked at Ottery and Ottery looked at Luna and they smiled at each other. Neville who was cutting a piece of cake for his date saw them and started growling. Something inside him was not happy at the prospect of Luna in Ottery's arms dancing around the floor. Seamus and Dean walked around either side of Neville and started loading their plates with sausages and candy corn, and cake smiling at each other around Neville. It seemed the only one who wasn't aware that he was interested in Luna Lovegood was Neville Longbottom.

Viktor took her in his arms, suddenly, and holding her close carried Hermione to the dance floor. Ron meanwhile watched angrily. He stood up from the table where he sat, leaving a perfectly untouched plate in front of him.

"Is everything all right, Ron?" Lavender asked from where she sat next to him. She pulled him down hanging on his arm. "Talk to me Won-Won," she whispered in his ear as her hand caressed his cheek.

"It's nothing," he lied. Her hands were like soft magic, and clouds so soft to the touch, she could make him forget anything.

"Have a strawberry, love," Lavender said dipping it in cream and turning his face however reluctantly to hers. She licked the whipped cream off and bit the strawberry while Ron watched with shocked interest. "Would you like one?" she asked, ever so sweetly, licking her lips and painting them red with the juice of the strawberry.

"Oh, Lav-Lav," the boy said mesmerized by her feminine whiles. Poor Ron, who had grown up in a house full of men, was weak and simply to naive to realize the true power of some women's guile. He kissed her taking her in his arms.

"Seriously, some people," Colin exclaimed, "Ron's got wandering hands doesn't he?" He turned to his date Parvati but she was blinking her eyes with a come-hither look. "Are you all right Parvati? Do you have something in your eyes?"

"Oh, Colin, how I've longed for you to notice," she said sighing.

"Notice that you've got something in your eyes?" he asked simply.

"Oh, Colin!" she cried out dramatically.

"What? What? Does it hurt? Do you want me to get Madame Pomfrey? What?"

"Oh, Colin!" she said and bending down she took the boy's face in her hands and kissed him. it was a long passionate kiss. In his shoes Colin's toes curled and his heart beat like mad. Hidden away in a large cobweb in a dark corner of the Dancing Hall Colin's brother and his best friend sat hiding stealing food eating and watching the festivities.

"Hey, Davis, look it's your brother ... wow, I didn't know he was such a ladies man," the boy said.

"Yeah, it runs in the family," the boy said smiling. "Want to try getting some firewhiskey?"

"Yeah!" his companion eagerly exclaimed.

As the song reached it's climax, the glass dome over the Grand Dancing Ballroom of Days Past shattered into a million pieces and from it came falling two figures.

"Oh my God! The glass!" exclaimed Professor Trelawney.

In an instant, three wands were up, Professor McGonagal, Professor Flitwick and the Headmaster. The pieces of falling glass turned into doves, flowers, and candy as they fell among the students. There was a general cry of surprise and laughter at what everyone expected was simply a part of the Halloween Festivities.

"These things get so baudy every year," The Fat Friar told Peeves.

"I don't know, I think this party could use some pep," Peeves exclaimed mischievously.

"If by pep you mean soda that's fine, Peeves," warned the Bloody Baron.

Peeves trembled and phased through the floor out of the ballroom.

Teddy and Tiffany fell in the center of the dance floor. The girl looked surprised and she stifled a giggle. The boy chomping on his unlit cigar smiled at her, spun her around into his arms then took the wand and zapped the bandstand.

"Play something romantic," the boy ordered and the band readily complied with the sudden appearance of Michael Buble who started to sing, "Put your head on my shoulder."

"This one is for my special friend Teddy, he'd like me to dedicate it to his very special lady, Tiffany, also known as Ottery's secretary. Ottery, the girl needs a raise don't be a Capitalist oppressor."

From the crowd Ottery yelled, "I'll get you later, Teddy!"

"Ottery!" Michael exclaimed, "Put your head on my shoulder ... hold me in your arms baaaaaaaaby. Squeeze me oh so tight ... show me ... that you love me too."

Ottery blushed. "Do you want me to hex him?" Luna asked. Ottery shook his head and sighed.

Kellybear ONLY: oh go on the rest of you and peek Yes, love. I would love to dance with you.