View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
OtterySt.Catchpole
Gryffindor
SS Featured Artist
DA Poet
Rupert is My Man!
SS100 Triumphant
Aethonan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ottery St. Catchpole
Third Year
Snowflake This post is full of secret clues about Ottery's Nano ... LOL
Paris & Kellybear r luv :Read Otty 's fics:Gone With the Wind:I♥Rupert

Connie, Jess you all rox, thank you for your patience. I love my readers ... LilyLunaGinnyPotter Ginny's date uhm, next post but you can guess it isn't Neville, obviously not Harry or Zacharias Smith so ... cait bragg welcome aboard! I hope you like what I've got I swear I'll have more. Kellybear ... I'm feeling all lovey because you all are showing me and my fic so much love ♥ Ali! I mean Agent A. I'm so glad you're here ... don't worry about reading this fic too fast I'm taking a long time to write it!

I'm so happy you all are staying with my fic and I'm very grateful thank you all. I'm sorry if it seems so neglectful, I've been very busy with Nano but ... I'm tapping into a new well of inspiration soon ... it's called :bubbly: Okay no, it's actually :choc: candy but I will try posting more ... I'm having zombie problems with my Nano ... more on that laters. For now. Did someone say a ball?

Music starts playin' like the end of a sad movie,
It's the kinda ending you don't really wanna see.
Cause it's tragedy and it'll only bring you down,
Now I don't know what to be without you around.

And we know it's never simple,
Never easy.
Never a clean break, no
one here to save me.
You're the only thing I know like the back of my hand,
And I can't,
Breathe,
Without you,
But I have to,
Breathe,
Without you,
But I have to.

Chapter: Once upon a time I was falling in love now I’m only falling apart

Once upon a time there was a great Halloween ball at Hogwarts Castle that would live forever in the hearts of her attendees as one of the most beautiful and exciting magical balls of all time. It was to be wondrous magical and beautiful. Pixies flew around the school grounds, lighting the gardens, hiding as flowers, spying on lovers and pulling hair and generally being naughty or helpful depending on the couple. Fountains of chocolate threw their glistening dark delight into the air; some naughty first years had even snuck out of their dormitories to partake of the indulgences.

Skeletons, suits of armor, flying jack-o-lanterns as well as a few zombies ran through the halls and gardens of the castle. The night shared nothing with any other night in the history of the world.

“You’re serious?” the boy said, laughing for all the world like he had said the funniest thing in the universe.

The other boy couldn’t help smiling, watching his friend laughing so hard. There was something sweet and special about the mirth spilling from his face. He longed to brush his cheek.

“Dumbledore! Dumbledore! I say, Albus!” someone called him. The headmaster turned around to see Professor McGonagall staring at him. All around him, the room emptied of the students he had attended Hogwarts with years ago gone replaced by the students he now taught. The zombies walked, the jack-o-lanterns floated there, all around everything stood identically as it had except for the boy he had made laugh so hard, the boy who would become the man Gellert Grindelwald, once his greatest friend and more, then his greatest enemy and now … he would visit him on some Sundays and they still talked. A friendship like that did not die but … neither could it ever heal from the hurts inflicted on it.

“Yes, Minerva?” the headmaster asked.

“The dance. The festivities can’t really begin until we open the dance.”

“Oh, right. I’m sorry, I was somewhere … somewhen else.” He smiled his little smile, the twinkle still in his eyes and the hurt in his heart never ending. But even if he could never love again he could dedicate his love to others and to other things as important to him.

Teddy stood on the landing pad in the Northwest tower. She had said she’d be coming and he waited for her. Of course, everyone had thought he’d miss out on the ball but this was the first time she’d ever said yes to one of his invitations so nothing in hel or on earth would make him miss out on her company. For this reason he had been busy with that tuxedo spell everyone had mistaken for a bomb.

The airship came sailing in the distance; the Arceus resembled a giant ship, steam powered, shaped like a Spanish galleon with a large zeppelin balloon above and all around that a deck that traversed the ship. Unlike other zeppelins, its balloon frame was crisscrossed with walkways while all around it, magic filled balloons held the ship afloat making it possible to walk inside the large dirigible.

The boy looked at his outfit. Black Armani, it could not be questioned that it spoke elegance, besides which if anyone did Teddy would punch them out. Nothing would ruin tonight. The spell on the suit made it glisten in the moonlight. Teddy had his corsage in the box-- a flower of paradise--he hoped she would like it. He had even gone to the trouble of not lighting his cigar just to keep her happy. The wind blew as he stood on the long deck of the landing pad. It had been made for dragons and bad wizards in a storm but the long pad lay out like the pad on a battleship. The Arceus landed slowly and Teddy ran out to meet her as house elves apparated and started taking all the ropes from the ship to anchor her down.

From the ship’s side a door opened down with steps and from it walked a vision in black. Tiffany wore a short black dress, held a small purse in her hand. Her hair short bobbed with every step, her kitty ears perked up for the slightest sign of trouble.
“I swear Teddy D. Bear, if this is some joke …” she threatened.

“You look like a billion bucks, sweets,” the boy replied smiling. He held his arm out.

“I guess coming from you, that’s a compliment,” Tiffany said and took his arm in hers. She sighed. She didn’t know why she was doing it but here she was about to attend the Halloween Ball with Teddy D. Bear by her side. Would wonders never cease?

Next: The Ball's a rollin' so obviously someone is going to get crushed or love's funny now lets see some artillery!