Thread: Conference Room
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 10:52 PM   #104 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockhartian View Post
"Oh! Perfect!" she said, nodding, it actually wasn't perfect. The irony.

Sienna will have a talk with Enrico soon. Yes.
Just a little bit oblivious to Sienna's sarcasm... all right, absolutely oblivious to her sarcasm, Rico continued with his rather broad grinning. He liked meeting new people, hiring new people, mixing the place up.. ah, what could be the problem with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan K'Lari View Post
Arjuna watched as the man came in, surprised at his easiness of manner and open, joyful persona. When he placed his stack of papers on the chair at the head of the table, she realized that this would be the Head. The Boss. The...Editor, was it not? She smiled nervously as he looked at her, trying to repress a giggle at the odd expression on his face. She had never seen a Sri Lankan man with that expression before. She was just trying to decide whether it was alright to speak out of turn when the man address her. "Oh, ah...yes. I am an photographer." Her nervousness in front of the Editor was apparent in her voice, and it made her English even worse-if that was possible.

It was then that Arjuna realized she hadn't introduced herself to her boss. How rude of her! How disrespectful! "Oh, I am being so vely, vely, sorry!" Oh. No. She mispronounced something! She was going to have to relax. People on this side of the world were much kinder to employees. So she had read. "My name is 'Arjuna Dilini Fonseka'. I have...the pleasure...to meet you, sir." She placed her hands together and bowed her head in apology. Hopefully, he would not hold it against her.
He was still rather cheerful as the new photographer introduced herself and Rico immediately picked up on an accent. "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Miss... Fonseka," he politely nodded. Hopefully he'd pronounced her name correctly.

"Where are you from, may I inquire?" he added curiously. "I used to ah, work in International Cooperation..." so he had a reason to be nosy. Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.weasley23 View Post
Ivy walked into the Conference Room, awkwardly peeking around the door. It seemed like she was late. The person speaking took a pause, and she took advantage of it. "Umm...sorry I'm late. A certain wizard on the first floor pointed me in the wrong direction." She kept her eyes down and took her seat.
And another new hire! Fantastic! Rico rested his elbows on the table in front of him and smiled at the other hire. "Hi there! Are you... uh..." he glanced down at his papers and looked back up. "You would be in either Lifestyle or News, am I right?"

Fifty-fifty shot there, unless she was the other Photographer...didn't look like it though. And what did she mean by 'first floor'? The Daily Prophet only had... one floor... weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingDong View Post
Moira Adrastreia Demitrakos walked in the Conference Room with her usual attire, a dark violet dress that reached down to her legs, and stylish black boots which bore several decorations. Beads and amulets and necklaces and fancy bracelets hung down from her neck and wrists, wearing matching purple earrings to go along with everything. A small gold and black striped purse was being carried from her shoulder, but the one thing that made her stand out from the rest of the clothes was a transparent, bubble-like shape around her head.

She hadn't planned to put the Bubble-Head Charm on herself at first, but just seeing the sort of environment she was in... she put on a look of disgust.

What kind of place was this?! Disgusting... revolting... rotten, she expected more from the famous Daily Prophet. Was she late? People were already down in their seats. But no, NO. This woman didn't care at all. She had spent a whole seven minutes trying to repair that sofa near that entrance of theirs because it did not look... appealing. At all.

AND WHAT WAS THIS?! The meeting table... the table was scarred. Or clawed. Whatever it was, it definitely looked damaged. Ew. Ew. Ew. It took her exactly seven steps to get to the nearest seat, and no she didn't introduce herself at first, but immediately took out a bottle of Mrs. Scower’s All-Purpose Magical Mess Remover and started scrubbing with a tissue in circular motions in front of her. There weren't any magical mess... but she wanted clean. Clean. CLEAN. Were her own workers clean?

Was it rude? She was cleaning their table, she didn't find it rude at all. Moira would scrub this table 7 times... or 14... or 21... or 28... or 35... maybe even 42... no, 49. Definitely 49.
Speaking of weird, along came a woman who could not possibly be part of the Daily Prophet photo, layout, or writing staffs. Not possible. Just look at her!

Rico's immediate thought was that the woman now scrubbing the conference table was a gypsy separated from her caravan, between the bubble around her head and the pounds of jewelry weighing her down.

His second thought was that she had been Confunded into thinking she was a House Elf, though he quickly dismissed that idea because the Prophet clearly hadn't been cleaned in..... well, centuries, and why would anyone waste time Confunding someone else to clean the place?

The Editor cleared his throat awkwardly, unsure how to address the odd woman. "Excuse me," he spoke up with a befuddled expression. "Can I help you?"

Help you find your way back to your caravan
, he meant. Not help you clean the table. Oh no. Rico left the household chores to... whoever did those sort of things. It wasn't a man's job, after all.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind