View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 04:54 AM

Default Author Spotlight: Maxilocks

SenoritaMaxie (now [URL=http://www.snitchseeker.com/members/Maxilocks-73054/]Maxilocks[/URL) won in three categories of last month's FanFiction event, The Golden Goblin Awards, not to mention, having 10 nominations over 7 categories.

Best Romance Story: Us - Sa13+
Best Original Plot: Ecstasy: A Marauder’s Time Romance - Sa13+
Best Use of an Unlikely Ship: Theodore Nott and Luna Lovegood in An Enigma Unravelled - Sa13+

Let's find out more about this beloved writer:

Droo
SenoritaMaxie

-.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.-

Hello dear! Feel like givin me an interview?

Hello ^^ Really? Wow, sure.

So first of all congratulations!

Thank you. May I ask what for, though?

LOL!! You won for best romance, best
original plot and best and Best Use of an Unlikely Ship during The Golden Goblin awards. I must say, you have a real knack for writing!

Well, thank you once more. It was a surprise for my own self, I never expected to win three awards. =D It's more my readers than my writing, though. I'm not much without them, they're the ones who make writing so worthwhile. [They, and the fact that I can make Draco as smexy as I want to.]

LOL! Love me some Draco! So what got you into writing?

*shnuggles Draco*
I don't think anything really "got" me into writing - it's just something that came naturally to me. My father had me start reading Shakespeare when I was seven, and my love for writing developed alongside my love for reading<3 good books.

Wow Shakespeare at 7! That's great, did you understand all the thees and thys then?

Not really. My dad always expects so much of me, and I think he expected me to understand those plays, even at that age, even when English was going to be a second - no, third - language for me. I bought simplified "story" versions for myself though, and that really helped.

Yeah, parents like to challenge their kids. So who is your favorite writer?

My dad seems to love it. =D And ooh, that is a toughie. I don't think I can pick just one, I have favourites for each genre! I love Fyodor Dostoevsky, Leo Tolstoy and Charles Dickens a whole lot, though. <3

Fyodor Dostoevsky is one of my favorites too! So tell me, what got you into Harry Potter? Ooooo was it the cuteness that is Draco Malfoy?

LOL, no. I wish it had been, though. =p I watched the first movie with one of my friends when it came out, but I wasn't too interested. Later, in second grade, I managed to get my hands on one of the books. It completely swept me off my feet, and I've been hooked ever since.

That's great! So how many stories to you have going on the fanfiction forums?

Another toughie, because I seriously think I've lost count. =p Let's see... I have Us and The Second Road to Death in the Romance section, and a thread about Ginny in the SS100. I'm starting another SS100 thread this week. Oh, and I have 467574 finished FF threads, too. Ask me for their names, and you'll get a never-ending list. =p

WOW! You must be busy... ever thought of writing a novel? If so what genre? Romance?

I've been trying to write a novel since I turned ten =D To tell you the truth, novel-writing requires a lot of patience, and I don't have that kind of patience. Which is odd, because when I write fan fiction, I ALWAYS finish my story. But I have 696759854 novels started here, and I don't think I'm ever going to finish any of them.

Still, if I ever could write one, it would probably be centred around country-life. Its harshness, it beauty, its realities, its freshness. Country life seems so... enticing. <3

Tell me, if you were to collaborate on a writing project with any author in the world... dead or alive... who would it be?

Wowowowow, that would be so fantastic! But I can't pick one, I just can't! No wait, I think I'll pick Dostoevsky. Or maybe Tolstoy. One of them, definitely. SQUEE!

What kind of work would you be working on with them?

Something EPIC!good, probably. I would love to write something like War and Peace. Or The Idiot. Something that has a lot of meaning, a lot of profound philosophy.

Oooo I'd read that!

So tell me... if you were an Every Flavor bean? which flavor would you be?

Milk-chocolate or fire!

oooo

I know. Milk-chocolate because it's my favourite, and fire because I'm really fiery. A bit too much, sometimes. xD

Well thank you for this fun but short interview, I appreaciate it!

You're most welcome, Droobleh. <3

YAY *hugs*

-hugs back-