View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 12:46 AM

Post SnitchSeeker celebrates 100,000th member registration!

At the end of last month, kshea6 joined SnitchSeeker and thus became our 100,000th member (that figure has since leapt to 100,366)! As this is such a big milestone for us, we decided we simply could not let it pass without some form of celebration.

As you can see at the profile link, we’ve lavished some pretty graphics on kshea6 and Biochemkris has also interviewed her, so you can get to know our 100,000th SnitchSeeker a bit better;

Quote:

How did you first get into Harry Potter?
I first started reading Harry Potter around the 4th book. I was convinced into reading it by one of my friends, and ever since then I have been hooked. I quickly read my way through the series, and also watched all of the movies. I have gone to every midnight showing of the movie, and midnight release of the books! Even now we have our own Harry Potter nights at school! We’re all a little bit obsessed!

What is your favorite Harry Potter book (and why)?
My favorite Harry Potter book is the Half-Blood Prince. I like that J.K. Rowling brought a whole bunch of different plots into that book. There was romance, action, suspense, comedy, and adventure, in short, all the characteristics of a classic novel. My favorite part of the book is the chapter in which the Weasley’s, Harry, and Hermione visit Fred and George’s shop in Diagon Alley. My favorite characters are Fred and George, and I was really glad that they set up Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes which is so creative and funny! J.K. Rowling did a great job!

What is your favorite Harry Potter film (and why)?
My favorite Harry Potter movie would have to be The Goblet of Fire. I thought it was really well done, and showed the Tri-Wizard Tournament extremely well. I didn’t think the movie was rushed, unlike in the Order of the Phoenix. I was also pleased at how well they stuck with the book. Also, this one was probably the first movie that was actually really funny. I thought they did an excellent job, and with the exception of the 5th movie I have really enjoyed all of the Harry Potter productions. However, nothing can compare to the books of course!

How did you find SnitchSeeker and what do you think of our site so far?
I found SnitchSeeker through Mugglenet.com. As I was looking at an article on your site, I found out about the role playing, and all the other features, and I decided to join! I’m really happy that I did, this site is a lot of fun! I joined the Ministry of Magic, and hold a position there. I can’t wait until next term at Hogwarts so I can be sorted into a house. In short, I think you’ve done an excellent job with the site, and I am really happy that I joined up!

Since we’re celebrating, we thought we’d also take this opportunity to show you some of our site stats on this most historic of events;

• We get roughly 700,000 unique visitors per month - 20,000 per day.
• We get 2 million page views per month (65,000 page views per day).
• Nearly 50% of our traffic is from return visitors (people who type the URL in their browser themselves or have us bookmarked).
• We have a dedicated, professional staff from all over the world; 12 admins, 19 moderators and 15 school staffers.
• SnitchSeeker.com has been around since January 2002 (7 years).

Of those who joined our ranks seven years ago, a respectable 25% are still active to this day! They include;

Quote:
1. Hpfan1f
2. GoldenLugia
3. harry_cooldude
4. avada-kadavra
5. Dainsie
6. LittleMissChriss
7. Scot_Girl
8. retz14
9. Hermione
10. Hedwig55
Thanks to the recent release of Half-Blood Prince, we've had a surge in membership, as demonstrated in our monthly registration figures;

Quote:
January - 397
February - 348
March - 489
April - 617
May - 534
June - 703
July - 1254
So where do you all come from? Well, the vast majority hail from the United States, but it appears we are fairly popular elsewhere too!

Quote:
* 22.2% United States
* 7.0% South Korea
* 6.2% United Kingdom
* 5.1% France
* 4.4% Russia
* 4.1% Germany
* 3.9% India
* 3.8% Poland
* 3.5% Turkey
* 3.0% Mexico
* 2.7% Brazil
* 2.5% Italy
* 1.9% Iran
* 1.7% Czech Republic
* 1.7% Belgium
* 1.6% Greece
* 1.5% Canada
* 1.2% Hungary
* 1.2% Australia
* 1.1% Argentina
* 1.0% Spain
* 0.9% Philippines
* 0.9% Indonesia
* 0.8% Slovakia
* 0.7% Chile
* 0.7% Romania
* 0.7% Netherlands
* 0.6% Finland
* 0.6% Ireland
* 0.6% Austria
* 0.6% South Africa
* 0.6% Denmark
* 0.6% Thailand
* 0.5% Singapore
* 0.5% Norway
* 9.1% OTHER
To read more about the site and our history, head over to the Library section!

We hope you enjoy our new celebratory banner up top but most of all we hope you continue to enjoy our website. Without you guys, none of this would be possible!