Thread: Echos - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
firenjen
Hufflepuff
SS100 Triumphant
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Carve Hetcher
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Damelza Penndragon
Magical Creatures
Default Echos - Sa13+
so you can convince yourself that im cute

Made By: Me

Hey I’m Jen, the author of this FF. I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters or anything belonging in the Harry Potter universe, JK Rowling does. This is my first go at FF so tell me what you think and leave bundles of comments!

The Mirror

He walked in haste through the dark corridors, his footsteps echoing off of the high stony walls and dark robes billowing like dark waves crashing at his feet.

He knew he shouldn’t go, knew that he should let well alone from the thing that would undoubtedly cause him unnecessary hurt and pain. So far he had managed to turn at last minute, but tonight was different. And so he carried on walking, wand held aloft to light his path through the castle, as each footfall rang through the dark with increasing need.
He came to the end of a long corridor and stopped. The door to his right was slightly ajar.

Inhaling deeply, Severus Snape took a tentative step over the threshold and lingered, before stepping inside.

It was still there, standing exactly where he knew it would be. The room was dark, with just a beam of silvery moonlight falling though one of the high windows, and scattered across the mirrors surface, causing inscriptions and carvings along its gold frame to become bathed in patches of shadow and light. The Mirror of Erised.

He knew what he would see of course, and he knew that the wound would be just as fresh, just as sore as it had been all those years ago.
Snape waited until he was standing directly in front of the mirror, then, taking a deep breath, he looked into it.

At first all he saw was his own reflexion staring back at him, lank haired and sallow skinned. Yet there was something different in the black eyes. Something sparkling with life.

And then the Mirror-Snape turned, and beckoned to welcome someone else into the frame.
He knew her at once. Emerald eyes glistening and fiery hair falling gracefully over one shoulder. He felt an unpleasant, familiar lump rise in his throat.
Lily Potter walked to the Snape in the mirror. For a minute all they did was gaze at each other. Finally they grasped each others hand, holding them between them as they continued just to gaze, to adore each other in their timeless bliss.

Snape hardly noticed when his wand fell to the floor with a loud clatter, extinguishing the light it gave out. A large tear rolled down his sallow cheek, but he didn’t wipe it away. Never before had Snape felt anything like this pain, this unbearable agony at watching what he’d lost so long ago.
Tears flowing rapidly, he sank to his knee, never taking his eyes off the scene in the mirror. Sobs came in violent torrents, threatened to engulf him, to tear at his throat and fill his lungs. But he didn’t care.
Lily,” he moaned, “Lily

He sat there, staring at the lovely woman and his mirror self until a gentle hand on his back made him freeze.

Severus,” said the old, kindly voice, “time to go.”

Last edited by firenjen; 12-31-2009 at 11:08 PM.