View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Paintbrush
Ravenclaw
SS 100 Triumphant

DIMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harvey Jarvis
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Eleonora Bloom
International Cooperation
Horses Forever! l l Writer for Life l Yearbook alumnus

Wow thanks for all the comments! I really appreciate them.

Anyway, here's some more

----------

Chapter 2

Hermione hummed quietly to herself as she strode swiftly down the corridor, her arms forming a crib of sorts for the newest additions to the Hogwarts Library she had convinced Madam Pince into lending her for the night. Her mind was already swirling around the undiscovered magic the smooth pages held, when she noticed a figure leaning over one of the statues by the wall.

The statue of the one-eyed witch, to be exact.

As soon as she recognized the secret entrance into Hogsmeade, her eyes narrowed. To the best of her knowledge no one apart from the Weasley twins and the Trio knew about this passage, and the blonde head she saw emerging from behind the stone most certainly did not belong to any of them.

“Malfoy, what the hell do you think you’re doing?” she demanded, striding towards him with a raised eyebrow, her tone dripping with suspicion.

The Slytherin straightened up suddenly, his surprised yet hostile expression and tense movements betraying that he had not been doing what he was supposed to. It took him only a moment, though, to regain his composure and for his face to don his default icy expression.

“And why the hell do you care?” he retorted.

“Because I happen to be the Head Girl. It’s my job to care if I see students acting suspiciously,” she stopped walking barely a metre’s length away from him.

Especially if said students happen to be Slytherins and the heirs of known Death Eaters, she added to herself, but did not dare say it out loud.

“I’m acting suspiciously? Be honest, Granger, if you caught me looking up Polyjuice Potion you’d think I was about to brew it rather than write an essay on it,” he bit back, and turned to go.

Hermione’s mouth fell open as she processed what he just said. She wouldn’t do that, she knew Snape had set them that essay last week! Of course, she was sure Draco had other uses for the book she saw him take out of the Restricted Section than just as a point of reference, but…

Well, perhaps she was too quick to suspect him, she admitted to herself. Better safe than sorry, though, she thought.

“I don’t get suspicious unless I have some grounds for it,” she replied, unable to let him have the last word.

“Oh? And what grounds would those be, that I curse the statue so it hexes the next passer-by?” he swiveled round to face her again.

“No, of course not! But what am I supposed to think when I see you snooping around a se... certain statue, as if you’re looking for something?” she stopped herself just in time, but her wide-eyed gaze saw in Draco’s face that he had noticed the slip up.

In an instant he was beside her, his hands on her upper arms slamming her roughly against the wall as he stared down at her slightly frightened but defiant features, her books falling haphazardly around them.

“If you ever tell anyone about this…” he growled, his fingers digging into her skin through her robes as if to accentuate each word.

“What will you do, hunt me down and kill me?” she demanded angrily, fruitlessly trying to free herself.

Draco looked almost surprised by that statement, and his grip softened along with his expression. “No, I wouldn’t kill you, Granger. Just… please, keep this to yourself, if you know what’s good for you.”

And just like that, he was gone. Hermione stood still for another minute, absently massaging her arms as she stared after him. She wondered why he had suddenly backed down, why he hadn’t shown the desire to see her death, why he hadn’t once called her ‘Mudblood’.

Last edited by Paintbrush; 07-25-2009 at 12:52 PM.