View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 01:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lezleighd View Post
"So, starting with Mr. Cooper, What are some steps you have in mind to bring about a course of regaining positive repertoire for the British Ministry after the disastrous International Conference a few months ago?" she asked with a smile on her face and then waited for the current Minister's answer and anxious to hear the other candidate's answer following Mr. Cooper's.
"Thank you, Madame," Cooper nodded solemnly at Iridesca. "First, I think it an important point that we not let the tragedy that occurred at the International Conference color the way we view ourselves as a nation. We cannot control how other countries choose to interpret the acts of a mad woman with no affiliation with our Ministry, but we can control ourselves. I think the first step must be to regain our sense of selves as a nation. We are a proud country. A strong country. Why should we beg and scrape to the other nations for forgiveness?"

"As for International relations, I know that we are on tenuous ground with some of our oldest allies. Truly, this is a sad day for the British Ministry of Magic when our strength is not recognized internationally and when our friends turn their backs on us. We must work to repair the trust that has been broken, reestablish lines of communication and diplomacy, and reestablish trade. But we also must be brave enough to show that we are not ashamed of ourselves. We are not cowed by their temper tantrums. We are not afraid to be the strong, proud people I know we are."

"We are British," he turned and smiled at the crowd. His words were forceful, and it was obvious he was proud of his country and his people. "I am eager to hear the ideas of my former assistant, Miss Taylor." Wasn't she precious in that little dress? Just adorable.

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest