View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 01:04 PM

Post Bonnie Wright does ES magazine (UPDATED)

Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) has been featured in a new photo shoot for the London Evening Standard magazine. The piece also features a new interview with the actress. Pictures of Bonnie can be seen here;

Bonnie begins by talking about life on set and talks about a possible way in which the epilogue in Deathly Hallows could be filmed;

Quote:
'They've been discussing how they're going to do that,' she says gleefully. We might be aged with latex wrinkles…'
She also discusses the kiss which she and Dan Radcliffe filmed for Half-Blood Prince;

Quote:
'Ginny kind of initiates what happens between her and Harry. He doesn't really know what to do because she's his best friend's sister, so she takes the lead. It was very calm and romantic.'

'It was a restrained clinch,' she confirms: It would have been more embarrassing to do a full-on number.'
Bonnie recalls the moment she found out she'd been cast as Ginny, way back in 2000;

Quote:
'We were in the car, going to our house on the south coast, and you know when you can tell that your parents have something to say to you? They were just silent for ages, as if they were about to announce they were getting a divorce. When they finally told me, I remember screaming out of the window all the way up the motorway. I was ecstatic.'
She also reveals a candid moment when a certain scene was filmed on the Half-Blood Prince set;

Quote:
During the climactic scene in which (spoiler alert!) Dumbledore falls to his death from the school's astron-omy tower, she says 'he [Michael] was giggling as he lay there.'
The piece also confirms that Bonnie will begin shooting Deathly Hallows following her A Level exams, which should be over soon, if not already. Having studied photography, design technology and English, she will attend London's University of the Arts this September to study film & television. Bonnie finishes by expressing a desire to continue acting and even fund her own films in the future.

Quote:
'In terms of box office sales, nothing will ever be at this scale,' she says. But personally speaking, I definitely think there'll be something bigger for me.'
UPDATE: We now have a copy of the cover of the magazine, which can be seen below, thanks to Cherrybomb;