View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 12:36 PM

Default Author Spotlight: PhoenixRising

Droo: Me - SeerCassandraTrelawney
Jess: PhoenixRising

-.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.-

Droo: Hi So CONGRATS!

Jess: Yayy!! Thank you!

Droo: Wooot! Jess is Round 3 Winner! How's it feel?

Jess: It feels sort of surreal, because i entered the round totally not expecting to win anything. Just sort of wanted to be able to submit it cause anyone who knows me, knows i like a good challenge

Droo: PhoenixRising, you won Round Three of the Riddle Chrinicles, what are you gunna do next?

Jess: I'm gonna get some sleep! LOL

Droo: ERRRR - The correct answer is "I'M GOING TO (THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER IN) DISNEY WORLD!!!" Silly Jess. lol!

Oh... Whoops!!

Droo: How is it you got into writing?

Jess: Well I've always sort of liked writing, though I'm more of a science fiend, but you do have to be able to write for any field. Though i never considered myself to be an amazing writer, just decent. I suppose it was from joining these HP sites though and beginning the journey of learning to RP, that really got my interesting in just 'writing for fun'.

Um yes, i think that sounds about right... Cause after writing prompts for school and stuff, i never really wanted to write for fun. So it wasn't until joining HP sites.

Droo: So who are your favorite writers?

Jess: Well, I love J.K. Rowling (obviously), but some of my other favorites include Mitch Albom, John Green, and Shakespeare. And of course, I should also mention that I love some of the talented writers on SS as well =)

Droo: I love Shakespeare! and I agree, I know a few I really enjoy. Are there Fanfics I should start reading? What are your favorites?

Jess: Well, I'll be honest in that I'm not to big a reader of the FanFic section of the site. Though the ones I've read are the ones in the SSRPG Character Section (and even those, I'm not quite caught up on) LOL, I think I may have read FFs by Ari ... but by knowing of the writers on SS, i mostly was referring to the RP I read a few entries by Kristin, Whit, Suzy, Gracie, Dani though.... XD

Droo: There are some awesome fanfics, but you are right, the SSRPG writers are awesome. So tell me, other than Harry Potter, what are your faaaaavorite books? Top 3... the ones you read and reread.

Jess: hehe, I don't really reread books But top three books other than Harry Potter, would be Looking for Alaska, Tuesdays with Morrie, and Flirting with Forty (which was a recent one i just read that ended up being completely adorable )

Droo: oooo cool. So what made you enter The Riddle Chronicles?

Jess: Well, I think I said this in the beginning, but I do like a good challenge . . . And I had wanted to enter the first two rounds, but wasn't able to get it completed on time due to real life. Besides the fact that I'm a total Tom Riddle / Voldemort fanatic

Droo: Yea? Cool! But what do you like about him?

Jess: Of course the fact that two awesome writers, Cela and Linda, had written the previous winning entries was a good motivator.

Droo: Of course...

Jess: Well, I like the fact that Tom's character is very well developed, yet at the same time there is still the air of mysteriousness about him. It leaves one thirsty for more, almost... Like, enough with the good guys already (sorry Harry fans!) but to just want to know more about the bad guys.

Droo: Oooo Yeah! You Hufflepuffs sure love your snakes. LOL. So do you have any grand aspiration to write?

Jess: We doo!!! I'm a proud Hufflepuff and Death Eater fan all the way!!! I even have the buttons to prove it!

Droo: LOL

Jess: Nope. Writing is a passion of mine; i enjoy doing it for fun and my only aspirations are to finish the two fanfics i've started Really though, I just want to be able to enjoy writing as a hobby, not a career

Droo: Understood. No rewrite of War and Peace in the near future. lol!

Jess: Nope, sorry, lol

Droo: Awww, I'd have read it.

Jess: So is that book worth reading though?

Droo: TOTALLY! Again, Congratulations on winning! Woot Woot. I really loved your chapter, and it has made me interested in reading your fanfic, as I hope others will be as well! Keep Writing!