View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 05:58 PM

Post Tom Felton, Jason Isaacs & Helena Bonham-Carter attend Empire awards (UPDATE #2)

Tom Felton (Draco) and Jason Isaacs (Lucius) are currently in attendance at the 2009 Jameson Empire film awards which are taking place at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London, England. Photos of the pair arriving at the event can be seen here.

As we told you at the beginning of the month, both Helena Bonham-Carter (Bellatrix) and Robert Pattinson (Cedric) are up for awards.

UPDATE: According to the BBC Entertainment Team on Twitter, Helena Bonham-Carter just won the award for Best Actress for her role in Sweeney Todd. Pictures of her with her trophy can be seen here.

UPDATE #2: Helena's speech upon winning the best actress award can be read below:

Quote:
"Thanks so much. This is a real compliment, I'm very chuffed. I did work actually incredibly hard for that role, but I loved every bit of it, and it was so many dreams come true. I always wanted to be in a musical, to sing, to be in something by Steven Sondheim and I always wanted a baby girl. I actually got all that, thanks to Tim Burton. And I know he always wanted to be Best Actress, so this is as much his as mine. Thank you!"
Jason also presented best director (which went to The Dark Knight's Christopher Nolan):

Quote:
"I just said to my wife, 'I hope I don't have to follow Russell Crowe.' I want to say a few words about Great Ormond Street - but first I want to say something about Empire, because they're written by and for people who love film, not like us who sometimes love film and sometimes just do it for the paycheque. But in this time of credit crunch Empire has decided to give something back to charity and support Great Ormond Street, which does fantastic work for sick children. So please give some money."

"I'll tell you something about directors; there's always one on set, I think it's a union thing. They get the best headphones normally. They always arrive late and leave first. On location, they get first pick of the actors to have sex with, and judging by my director friends they're always moaning. If it wasn't for them, there'd be a lot more money to go around, but here are the nominees."