View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 07:41 AM   #70 (permalink)
Lockhartian

Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashton P. Walker
First Year

x11 x11
Eagle Eye [⅓ Badger Trio] Felon & Kafka ♥ Gilderoy Lockhart <3 [TEAM 947!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

"Roswell, of course, everyone's heard of Roswell." Rico chuckled to himself as he recalled an 'alien' encounter of his own one time. "Lots of funny stories regarding that place....both Muggle and wizard.... but I'm from Albuquerque...er..."

He trailed off as she seemed to be giving him a weird look now. Erm...perhaps I should just look at my papers, he thought, running a hand through his hair to avoid eye contact. "California. Mhmm, I should've guessed." He nodded and just had to sneak another glance at her shiny hair. People from California always were the best-looking ones, weren't they? Like Miss Sienna Knoll.

"San Frans is a cool city," Rico added, trying to deliberately not stare at her and instead look at the letter. Her comment about Clara Belle, however, made him whip his head back to her with a sharp glance and a questioning eyebrow raise. "You--- you know THE Clara Belle?" He gulped just a bit; Bridezilla was one of those women You Just Don't Cross, after all. "Can....can I ask how?" Please don't be like, best friends, please no no Merlin oh geez that would just ruin her pretty face....
She rolled her eyes, "Yeah...they stay as stories, though...I never saw anything good in there" which is why she was glad that at least the trip was fun. Still, she never listened to whatever her friend suggested as a 'good trip' again.

He was right, though, he should have guessed. Unless..."How long have you been in London?" she asked, maybe he'd been waaaaay too much time in this city, therefore, making him oblivious to where people are from, or more precise, the California people. And he looked at the letter in his hand...was he actually going to finish that? Because she could leave to her infinite amount of work, well, not infinite...it was done quickly if she wanted to.

"Yes, it sure is" unless your family is still there, "I used to miss it some time ago" just a few weeks after she left in the first place....

AND THEN...

She chuckled, "I didn't know she was called 'THE' Clara Belle" she said, looking at his strange reaction, "But, yes, I met her when she was Clara Belle, not Belle-Cooper" still, she called her Clara Belle, because no matter how much she liked Brennan as a Minister, she still thought it was an odd couple...or maybe a perfect match...whichever suited the best.

"Sure you can....that doesn't mean I'll answer" kidding! "Friends of friends, nothing big...but she still got me the job" and being well-connected usually paid off, not that she was VERY well-connected. Just lucky.