View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #41 (permalink)
Tommehbell

Slytherin
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Felix Greenwood
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Blake Madden
Accidents & Catastrophes
x1
DivaDivaDiva ||Candy Cane Mama||

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie View Post
Nathan felt his brow crinkle as the young woman asked for information on the jewel thief. But then she smiled that lovely smile and he found himself grinning back like a complete idiot. “Tell you what, love.” He said. “I really don't want to talk about it here.” He spoke in a hushed voice. “It's kind of embarrassing.” Then he did the shifty action man eyes again before he focused on Addie once again. “We could go for a drink after work and talk about it. You know, somewhere a little less formal... than.. than here.” He gestured around the office.

Nathan blinked a few times as he shook the man's hand trying to remember his name. After he introduced himself he thought the man would automatically say his own name, but.. nooooooo! Dammit! “Erm..” He started... how should he address him? “You were head of International Magical Cooperation at the Ministry, right?” He asked. Wasn't he at that Rip party for that poor woman that fell down some stairs? ...ur... nevermind. OK.. so the man would have to be known as 'you', or 'mate' from this day forth - he shrugged inwardly.

He grinned. “I like your thinking Batwoman.” He said with a wink. “..something a little stronger.” He reached out to to take her hand. “Me lady.” He said in a fake cockney accent reminiscent of Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

“Urgh...” he said. “The thief took my watch.” He found his cheeks flushing slightly.. It was so bloody embarrassing. “He was disguised as an... an... old woman and she pretended to have a ...er..” He scratched the back of his head again. “...fall. And then she stole my wrist watch when I went to help her.” He frowned slightly, his eyes going back to Addie.. He had been such a sweet old lady ...and Nathan was a gullible idiot.
She slipped her tiny hand into his and smiled up at him. "You always know how to make me smile." She told him as he pulled her to her feet. She reached over and retrieved her bag. She listened to him explain about the thief. She only cared about his safety she could give a flip about the watch. She threw her arms around him and kissed him a few times on his cheeks. "Don't you ever forget to tell me something like that Nathanial Greenwood," She chided him. "If something had happened to you..." She started but then caught herself before she started to cry. Her emotions were still right under the surface these days, well more so than they usually were. "Sorry." She said giving him a smile. "Let's go get that coffee." She said giving his hand a squeeze.

♣♣Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour♣♣