View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #38 (permalink)
Tommehbell

Slytherin
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Felix Greenwood
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Blake Madden
Accidents & Catastrophes
x1
DivaDivaDiva ||Candy Cane Mama||

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Rico waded back through the journalists' desks toward his layout zone, way in the back. Sigh. Six more hours.

He smiled at the woman already working on her article as he passed. "Cute kids," Rico remarked, nodding at the family looking so...so positive in those photos. If only he could have that someday. Someday, if they could just skip the wedding, have a party, and then a honeymoon and then like two kids and dog and a boat. Yeah, a family like that.
She was trying to cam herself for that horrible meeting with that vulture of a woman and that idiotic man who felt the need to comment on things he should really keep his nose out of. She looked up and smiled at the man as he commented on her children. "Oh thank you so much." She said honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie View Post
Nathan followed Egypt out of the conference room. The situation in there, and that rude photographer chap, had obviously upset her. There was no respect among the managers for their staff here. It was all rather degrading.

The whole setup here, the fact that Egypt had given up her management role at the Ministry when the twins came so prematurely was inevitably going to be stressful for her. Nathan's coping skills with such treatment were a lot better than hers; he could just let things go over his head.. or, at least, appear to.

He approached her desk, smiling slightly when he heard that Ministry fellow commenting on his kids - he seemed like a decent sort- “I don't believe we've ever been formally introduced.” He said, extending his hand to the man. “I'm Nathan, and this is my wife, Egypt.” he said as he placed his hand on her back.

“Are you alright my love?” He asked her gently. “How about we get out of here and grab a coffee in the Leaky... I think we deserve it after... that - that meeting from hell.”

He noticed another girl walk over and sit at the Journalist's desks and he gave her a pleasant smile and a nod. ...With any luck she wasn't another one of Getti's mini me's.
She melted at her husband's touch. She didn't want to say anything bad about anyone especially in the office. "I'm alright." She said softly as she smiled at him. "Yes I think a nice break form this place is just what is in order. I think we deserve a lot more after that meeting," She pointed out to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgirl97 View Post
Addie looked at the man who nodded at her pleasantly. His name was....Nate Greene? Something like that. Well, she had heard he had been robbed by the Jewel Thief. Which her article was on.
Which meant a jackpot.
She stood up and walked over. He was talking to someone. She tapped him on the shoulder.
"Hello, I'm Addie, Addie Carlisle. Weren't you robbed by the jewel thief?" she asked curiously.
She glanced over at the woman that walked over to Nathan and tapped him on the shoulder. Nathan was robbed! He never told her that, when did that happen! She looked at him waiting to see what he was going to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie View Post
Nathan turned to look at the young lady, flashing her a warm smile as she introuduced herself. “Hullo love.” He said. At least some people were pleasant around here. “I'm Nathan Greenwood.” He extended his hand to her i greeting. He frowned slightly at her question wondering where the heck she had heard that bit of embarrasing information from. “Um.. yeah.” He replied hesitantly. “Why do you ask?” He asked as he scratched the back of his head in an uncomfortable sort of way.
Her face was lined with worry. Her husband had been robbed. "Nathan, when did this happen? Are you alright?" She asked trying not to panic that her husband had been robbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgirl97 View Post
Addie shook his hand, then she noticed the man was a bit embarassed by this. The only reason she knew was because she heard it from a few of her friends. Not wanting the poor man to be humiliated, she lowered her voice even more than her usual piano.
"Well, my article is on the thief, and I was wondering if you had any information. First hand experiences are helpful." She flashed him her dazzling pearl-white smile.
She sat down at the empty desk she had noticed a bit earlier with her ever-present quill and fished another piece of parchment out of the pile, eager for his response.
She watched as the woman went to get a quill to take down some information from Nathan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Rico had continued on toward his desk but quickly did a little backtracking when he heard the other guy from the meeting address him. Aha, at last he would be able to put a name to that face!

"Nathan, it's a pleasure to meet you," Rico shook the man's hand with a smile. "And Egypt, what a beautiful name."

He was back to being his earnest, friendly self. These two seemed like they could be allies - or at least kind coworkers - in such a drab office. And they were such a....a...coupley couple. Like soulmates. Maybe Rico could learn a thing or two from them yet.

She blushed at his compliment. "They you so much." She smiled. "And who might you be?" She asked hoping he was going to turn out to be a decent sort of person and unlike Getti and her henchmen from the office.

♣♣Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour♣♣