View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelie View Post
Nathan followed Egypt out of the conference room. The situation in there, and that rude photographer chap, had obviously upset her. There was no respect among the managers for their staff here. It was all rather degrading.

The whole setup here, the fact that Egypt had given up her management role at the Ministry when the twins came so prematurely was inevitably going to be stressful for her. Nathan's coping skills with such treatment were a lot better than hers; he could just let things go over his head.. or, at least, appear to.

He approached her desk, smiling slightly when he heard that Ministry fellow commenting on his kids - he seemed like a decent sort- “I don't believe we've ever been formally introduced.” He said, extending his hand to the man. “I'm Nathan, and this is my wife, Egypt.” he said as he placed his hand on her back.

“Are you alright my love?” He asked her gently. “How about we get out of here and grab a coffee in the Leaky... I think we deserve it after... that - that meeting from hell.”

He noticed another girl walk over and sit at the Journalist's desks and he gave her a pleasant smile and a nod. ...With any luck she wasn't another one of Getti's mini me's.
Rico had continued on toward his desk but quickly did a little backtracking when he heard the other guy from the meeting address him. Aha, at last he would be able to put a name to that face!

"Nathan, it's a pleasure to meet you," Rico shook the man's hand with a smile. "And Egypt, what a beautiful name."

He was back to being his earnest, friendly self. These two seemed like they could be allies - or at least kind coworkers - in such a drab office. And they were such a....a...coupley couple. Like soulmates. Maybe Rico could learn a thing or two from them yet.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind