Thread: Conference Room
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #53 (permalink)
LeapFrog
Ravenclaw

Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ellette "Ellie" Spencer
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Persephone Stuart
Magical Law Enforcement
x3
Haunted Lollipop ☛ Powerpuff Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxFire View Post
Mona was quite honestly struck dumb.

For a moment, a single frozen moment suspended in time, she could not move, could not speak, could not think. Her jaw opened slightly in shock, and she stared at Mancini as if she couldn't believe her eyes- for, indeed, she could not believe them. She blinked once, and time began to move again. Air, precious air, flowed back into her lungs. It would have been even more precious if it weren't laced with heavy syrupy VILE cologne. She gagged slightly.

She cleared her throat. "We are...indeed, your bosses, Sergio," her voice slightly hoarse and dripping with disdain. "And the very first thing I must ask of you," she said, click-clacking towards him slowly, "is that you NEVER place your shoes on any surface in this office again. Secondly, I must ask that you lay off the cologne, because no one can work whilst being asphyxiated. And thirdly, I must ask that you speak with me immediately following this meeting if you hope to remain employed here."
Sergio was not amused by this lady. He had hoped at least one would be palatable. He felt the strong urge to send a bludger right in her direction, but he neither had the bat nor the ball to do so. He merely sat and stared up at her. And then she mentioned his cologne, the Armani solution which cost him a fair amount of muggle pounds. He happened to know it smelled wonderful and had attracted a fair amount of ladies to him. "I'm sorry the smell doesn't please you," he replied, lips curled with annoyance. "Good to know you appreciate it so much, I'll be sure to bathe in it next time," he said flatly, not backing down. "I'll be there afterwards," he told her, referring to the meeting. He knew he would be in trouble, but he wasn't phased. He was the kind of man who could get out of almost any predicament. It only required the right amount of charm, looks, and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxFire View Post
Hee-CHOO!

Hee-CHOO!

Mona's cheeks colored, and she quickly conjured a silk handkerchief. She held it to her small nose and nodded weakly at Ian. Oh this would not doooo.

"Mancini," she began thickly, sniffling, "At this juncture, we would ask you for a report on where you and your team stand with the current issue. Suffice it to say that we expect you to produce an astounding section this issue, or woe betide your soul. Ms. Paige," she said abruptly, "What are you planning for this issue? Please give us a reason to keep the Sports section."

As if we would ever get rid of it, it's way too popular. But if cutting the Sports section meant losing Mancini, she'd consider. For her sinuses' sake.
If Sergio had ever held a job before, he'd have known he'd need something to present. But seeing as he stumbled into this out of the blue, he'd need to fake the report, something he'd done many times at Hogwarts. "Erm... right. Well we're going to write a lot about Quidditch. I got a mate who's coming out with a special line of quaffles with his autograph on them, we can cover that!" he said confidently, completely believing one-hundred percent of his presentation.

He was beginning to this he wasn't very welcome in this establishment. "You know, I don't think I like the tone you are taking with me. I'd have thought you'd be honoured to have someone of my calibre at your rubbish establishment!" he said, getting more and more worked up, exhibiting his temper that made him so infamous on the pitch.

He wasn't afraid of being fired, because he had an ironclad contract worked out by those ladies' boss. He couldn't be fired, lest the Prophet lose a lot of money in the process. "Perhaps you two ought to talk to your bosses before threatening me with unemployment!" he said before sitting back down in his chair, calming down.