Thread: Conference Room
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Tommehbell

Slytherin
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Felix Greenwood
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Blake Madden
Accidents & Catastrophes
x1
DivaDivaDiva ||Candy Cane Mama||

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
"Yes," Getti unrolled the parchment she'd brought in, watching it roll across the length of the table til it rested to a stop about three quarters down, "If any of you feel the need to groan, do it outside my awareness."

Now, Getti was no spring chicken... she was fast approaching forty, and as much as she hated to, she fished out a pair of ultra stylish reading glasses from her vintage Gucci handbag and put them on to look down at her list, "First order of business," she looked up at the entire assembled staff, "We got rid of the old idiots, hired you lot and we expect you to prove you aren't as idiotic as the rest of the now... unemployed slackers."

She waited for Mona to add in her two cents, which was probably wise. The board of directors had reminded her again and again to be more diplomatic when it came to the staff and HR matters. In Getti's opinion, that was what Mona was here for.
Egypt was finding it hard to keep her good nature in check. She was just as much of an adult as this woman was and what gave her any right to call them idiots? Her nerves were already frazzled for having to watch her two babies through a plastic ox because they were born premature, she didn't need to be belittled by anyone. She held onto Nathan's hand. Maybe leaving her job at the Ministry wasn't a good idea if this was what she was going to have to put up with. No one should have to be spoken to that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama View Post

Putting down his coffee, Ian averted his eyes from the woman. He had no intention of being polite, kind nor warm towards his new co-workers. There would be no bonding nor any 'getting to know each other' business if he had any say in it.
Egypt looked at the man just looked away from her. She stared at him for a minute then she turned her attention back to her husband. She certainly had never been treated like that before. What was going on around here? There was no reason to be rude just for the sake of being rude. Well she would leave that nasty little man alone. Life was too short to waste it on people like that. She had people at home that would be glad to see. She moved her chair away from him closer to Nathan's. She didn't even want to be around his negative attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxFire View Post
Mona beamed, and licked her lips dainitly. As a tigress would before devouring her prey.

"We're very pleased to have you on staff, and hope your assimilation into this new environment and amongst our senior staffers will be as seamless as possible," she (almost) cooed. "I am here to address any of your needs, wants and concerns. I. Me. Mona." Her face hardened slightly, these last three short sentences sharp and dart-like.

Don't expect any of those needs, wants, or concerns to be met. I've only promised to acknowledge them. Mind my choice of words.
She looked at the new woman as she spoke. She seemed to be trying to emulate Ms. Ford but she was trying to hard and her imitation seemed rather comical. She might need to keep Reagan on her speed dial if this keeps up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
"Hmmm..." Getti nodded, still peering through her glasses at the piece of parchment, "If you need anything, go to Mona. Don't expect me to be there to baby you through the process,"

She unhooked her glasses and looked at the staff again, "Speaking of which, the process." Her gaze fell on the section editors, "First progress report will be expected next week, you'll be meeting with Mona, who will inform me."

If they didn't know what they needed to do during a progress report, that certainly was none of her business. She had made sure the job descriptions had been thorough enough in the contracts they had all signed when they'd agreed to take the jobs. If they didn't read their contracts, then that was their own fault.

"As for ad sales..." her voice took on that eerie, soft tone again as her gaze dropped on Ian Hoshino, "We were losing revenue last month, I expect you all to be more... persuasive this month."

Dismissing him and his team by moving on to the next order of business with absolutely no seque, Getti went on, "The layout team will be working under my supervision," her emotionless gaze fell on Enrico this time, "Which does not by any means, imply that I will pay any of you special attention over the process of publishing the paper."

"Well, news?" Getti looked over at the News section editor, "Find out what's going on with this jewel thief fellow, I don't want any nonsense speculations, I want you to get to the bottom of it. Find out who it is, and we'll make sure we get the first scoop."

Before that editor could respond, she was already on the next topic, "Have we got an inside to the Sports department? What are they planning with the World Cup? Will England make it? How confident are they? I want a line-up on the possible national team, even if they haven't formed or finalised it, I want it on my desk by the time that progress report is done."

The world cup was ages away, and chances are... England wouldn't even make it to the finals, but that was what sold papers, and they had to have the first scoop, after all.

"And what is this rubbish about Hogwarts? It's a school, they have new teachers." Getti tossed the scrap of parchment note over her shoulder, "Always with the school drama, there is the rest of the community to consider, if there is no horrific deviant behaviour in the new headmaster's past, I don't want to see it on my papers."

"Are we on the campaign?" Getti asked the News Editor, but as usual, she didn't give the other person a chance to answer, "We better be, I want you to be in constant contact with the Ministry, find out who's heading the race and what they're doing to get ahead."

She paused, the tip of her quill pressing up against her bottom lip for a moment as she thought, "Get the dirt on Reagan. She can't possibly have lived her entire life without SOME skeletons in her closet. Dig them out, readers don't want a glowing report on a saint, they want scandal and gossip. I'm shooting for a big, dirty expose. Not just on Reagan though, I want something on all possibly candidates for the new Minister, the readers deserve to know who's going to be leading their government."
She would hope that the Daily Prophet would have been more than some trashy gossip rag filled with nothing more than sensationalism, but that seemed to be all Ms. Ford wanted. That was a shame, they could be so much more than that. She was not going to dig through Reagan's past looking for anything. Everyone made mistakes, especially when they were young. Those mistakes had no bearing on her ability to lead them. She sat there holding her tongue. She usually didn't abide by injustice, but she felt that anythings he said would just go over their heads. Ms. Ford looked like she cut her teeth splashing the unfortunate deeds of others all over the front page with relish.

Egypt was going to need a shower after this trip through the gutters.

♣♣Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour♣♣