View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
MUSTANG SALLY
Dark Force Defense League
SS 100 Triumphant
Gryffindor
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Danny Logan Edwards
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rawr
Special Ops
x1
Shipper Queen Hippie Quad

Oh yeah! Posting at 3:15 in the morning! XD
Another Danny Ficlet I started this back in September, but just barely finished it
He just turned 3. This takes place December 2060.

White Stuff

“Hey Dan-Dan. Wake up.” Slowly, I opened my eyes and looked up into Benny’s chocolate brown orbs. His eyes were bright and a smile was swimming on his face. I sat up in my bed and rubbed the sleepiness from my eyes.

“Why?” my tiny voice asked, confused.

“Because I want to show you something. Come on.” He said to me. The next thing I know, I was being lifted from out of my warm bed. When my toes hit the soft, slate gray carpet, I began to wonder what was going on. He helped me put on a raincoat, before slipping on one of his own. Before I could figure out where to walk, I felt Benny take my pale white hand and led me from out of the room. Everybody was still asleep, so the house had a calm, peaceful atmosphere. It was putting me at ease. I loved how still the house was this early in the morning.

I was growing more curious by the second, when Benny turned into our sister’s room. “We have to wake Sammy up first.” He told me with a gleam in his eye.

He let go of my hand and I stayed rooted to the spot in the doorway. I then watched him walk to her bed and tickle her side. I giggled silently to myself as I watched him slowly wake her. She was nowhere near as ticklish as me, but she still rolled over in her bed and grumbled something about waking her up.

“Come on Sammy. Wake up!” Benny said and blew in her ear. She swatted at him, irritably and opened her eyes, which were identical to Benny’s and mine.

“Don’t you ever sleep in?” Sammy asked, but a smile was escaping off her lips.

“Not today. It snowed last night.” Benny said excitedly. I had no idea what he was talking about, but this got Sammy up. She jumped out of her bed and grabbed her sweater from off the ground.

“I love the first snow.” She squealed and led the way out of her room.

For having just turned three a couple of days ago, I still understood little of what everybody was talking about. I have never heard of “snow” before. What was it? Was it something you eat? Or was it something you wear? Or maybe it was an animal? Or did it just stay in a one spot at all times like trees? All these questions shot through my head as we walked toward the front door.

“Here, put these on first.” Benny instructed and handed me a pair of light blue rain boots. He sat on the floor next to Sammy, who was putting on a pair herself, and put on a pair of his own. I mimicked my brother and sister, and sat on the ground to put on my boots. Sammy was done before the both of us, and she stood up quickly, watching us impatiently. Whatever this “snow” was, it was getting her really wound up.

When I had mine on and got back on my feet, Benny put his hand on the doorknob. “You ready Dan-Dan?”

“Yes we’re ready! Now open the door!” Sammy giggled and pushed open the door herself. She rushed out and disappeared outside. Benny chuckled and followed after her. I went next but didn’t see my brother or sister. All I saw was white. Everywhere.

The ground was white. The top of the houses around were white. The trees were covered in white. The sidewalks were white. Benny’s bike was covered in white. What was going on? Where was the grass? Where were all the colors? Were my eyes messed up?

“Benny?” I could hear that my voice had gone squeaky. Other sights started sinking in and I finally spotted Benny and Sammy. Sammy was throwing the white stuff in the air! Would it make her turn white too if it landed on her? I didn’t want Sammy to disappear!

“Sammy!” I shouted, frightened for her. As the white stuff began to sprinkle down on her, I covered my eyes fearfully. She was going to disappear in front of me!

I heard a crunching sound coming toward me and my eyes flew back open. Benny was walking toward me and the white stuff was making the noise underneath his boots.

“What’s wrong Dan-Dan?” he asked, concerned. I still hadn’t left the steps or our porch that led up to the front door.

“I don’t want Sammy to disappear.” I said quietly.

“What do you mean?” he asked, a confused expression replacing his smile.

“Just like the grass, and the sidewalk.” I whispered. Could the white stuff hear me?

The sound of Sammy’s laughter made me jump. I didn’t know she could hear me. Immediately I felt my cheeks warm with a subdue blush. Did I say something funny?

“Don’t laugh Samantha.” Benny threw a smirk in her direction. She scowled and picked up some of the white stuff and held it in her hand threateningly.

She was just about to throw it at Benny when I shouted, “No!” My hands flew over my eyes again, and my legs started shaking. Now Benny was going to disappear!

“It’s ok Dan-Dan. Nobody is going to disappear. Do you know what this white stuff is?” I heard Benny’s voice, and I couldn’t help but sigh with relief. I took my hands off my eyes and shook my head no.

“This is called snow. It’s basically just ice really. When it gets really, really cold it snows. Just like when its cloudy outside it rains.” He explained, bending down to my level. I was still a little skeptical, but I could admit, I wasn’t as scared as before.

“It wont hurt you. But when it melts you will get wet. Snow melts just like ice cream Dan-Dan. It will all go away when the sun comes out.” Benny chuckled.

I smiled lightly and bent down to look at the white stuff on the rose bush next to the porch. Tentatively my hand extended out and my fingers grazed along the freezing, rough surface of the white stuff.

“It’s cold.” I smiled shyly.

“Yeah. Its like ice.” Benny chuckled.

“Or snow cones!” Sammy giggled, as she came near us. “Watch Danny. The snow doesn’t hurt.” The white stuff, or snow, was still in her hand and she let it fall over Benny’s head, who was still kneeling in front of me. My eyes widened for a second, but then I watched as the snow began to melt and fall from out of his hair.

A creeping smile fell onto my face as Benny jumped up and tried to get the remaining white stuff from off his neck. He then gave Sammy an evil smile and said, “You’re going to pay for that!” I then watched as Benny proceeded to tackle Sammy into the snow. She was howling with laughter and trying to escape from Benny’s hold, but he was too strong for her. He then started dumping snow all over here. I couldn’t help but laugh at the sight of them, when Benny heard me.

“Quick! Come help me Dan-Dan!” he shouted toward me. I smiled and hurried over to them. Benny was pretty much sitting on top of her by now and she was squirming underneath him. He then picked up some snow and let it fall into my open hands. I gave him a timid look before stepping closer. He gave me an encouraging smile and pointed toward the top of her head. I smiled back at him and let it fall on top of her. My smile widened when I realized the snow went away after a couple of seconds. Benny laughed next to me and he let me drop some more snow onto her arm.

I was having too much fun helping my brother pour snow onto my yelping sister, when the front door opened and my mom spoke. “What are you three doing out here?” she asked in a scolding voice. I quickly dropped the snow that was in my hand and looked around embarrassed.

“Ah come on mom! It snowed!” Benny said, with a happy chuckle.

“Benny get off your sister.” She said from the top step of the porch, but a smile was placed on her lips. So that meant we weren’t going to get in trouble!

Benny rolled off his sister and turned to give Sammy a look. Sammy giggled next to me and I wondered what they were planning.

“Well at least you all have your coats and boots on. Come in when you get cold.” Our mom said.

“Now!” Benny shouted and threw a ball of snow at out mom. Sammy threw a perfect sized ball of snow of her own at the same time and was picking up more snow as the ball landed by our mom’s feet. Quickly our mom retreated toward the house, a light chuckle falling from her lips. Benny and Sammy were still chucking snowballs as the front door shut behind her.

The both of them were still giggling not paying any attention to me. I formed a plan of my own and picked up some snow in my hand. I smooched it up in my hand and picked up more snow to make another one. They weren’t as nice as their snowballs but they worked. I then took aim and shot both of them, one at Benny, and the other at Sammy. They both hit right on target and they looked around shocked. Their chocolate brown eyes fell on me and they began to laugh. I laughed with them, when they were suddenly running toward me with snow in their hands. I laughed even harder as I ran away from the, kicking up more of the white stuff as I ran.