View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 06:16 AM   #71 (permalink)
lilly_luna
Ravenclaw
Firecrab

heart heres some more x

Chapter sixteen

Harry pointed his wand at the mass of red hair and black robes on the floor, “Get up”
“Why what you gonna do if I don’t?”
“You can’t apparate out” he grabbed Mundungus’ wand “and I’m not in a very good mood” he poked at his back with the wands, and he stood up and shuffled slightly pulling his robes up around him.
“Sit on the chair” he pointed it out and sat on one opposite still holding both wands at him.
“What do yah want with me, I was just closing the deal on some goods in the pub and then your nutty elf comes over grabs me and brings me here talking about the Blacks”
“You stole Sirius’s possessions last year and I caught you selling them, you remember?”
“Yeh you ‘ad me by me throat yelling, you cost me some good business then, telling people I was thieving, more like salvaging what you lot threw away”
“The goblets aren’t important, im after a locket, with the crest of Salazar Slytherin on it”
“What you want that for?”
“That’s my business” he said as Kreacher returned hold a plate of food high and putting it on the table,
“Will that be all master Potter?”
“Thankyou Kreacher, you are to stay in the house but I shall call you when I need you again”
“Yes master Potter” he left the room leaving them to it,
“What happened to the locket?”
“I sold it of course Borgin and Burkes gave me a few hundred gallons for it saying they’d had it in before from some witch fifty years back mind who didn’t know its worth, but I got full price im not stupid”
“Well you don’t exactly look bright, when did you sell it?”
“You’re in luck only two days ago”
“And how am I to trust your not lying”
“Your just going to have to trust me ain’t you”
“Or I could practice some hexes on you”
“You wouldn’t, you’re supposed to be the good guy, the chosen one”
“I am but who’s to say I can’t have a little fun”
“Im not lying” he shook his head sinking deeper into the chair as if to hide Harry’s eyes bearing into him,
“You better not be” he stood up and pointed his wand at him, he closed his eyes and winced thinking pain was coming, but ropes emerged from Harry’s wand and tied themselves around him,
“Kreacher” he called out and he appeared
“Could you look after our guest, while I finish your previous masters’ work?”
“Of course sir”
“He’s welcome to the food, but you are not to untie him until I return”
The elf nodded,
Harry moved to the kitchen looking at his watch, the shop would be open; he grabbed his bag and placed his fathers cloak on going to the door and apparating to the leaky cauldron. He moved fast to the back of the pub, but paused hearing his name mentioned.

“But of course Potter would say Snape killed Dumbledore, but who’s to say he didn’t do it? There was know one else there apparently.”
“But Snape fled, he’s guilty of something”
“Yes but I don’t think its murder”

Harry looked at the men and smiled an idea coming over him; he walked over and stood in front of the table speaking in a quiet voice.

“Severus Snape killed Albus Dumbledore in cold blood, on the Dark Lords orders”
The men looked around in shock to see who had spoken but Harry had already walked away and into the alley way. He pulled out his wand and opened the gate way stepping through and into the street. It was almost empty and those that where there moving in groups doing there shopping no one pausing for long, the only place open and alive was the Weasley Wizard Wheezes shop.

He turned and made his way down Knockturn Alley, finally arriving. He was in luck as someone walked through the door and he slide in after them. The tall figure of Lucius Malfoy stepped up to the counter and smiling arranged dealings with the man. Harry walked around carefully avoiding items until he arrived at a large glass display of jewellery, gold, silver and other precious metals as well as pendants and charms. His eyes searched through them all until he found what he was looking for, it sat on a velvet cushion the ‘s’ burning it’s image into his eyes, he smiled and looked around Lucius and the shopkeeper where busy but he would need something more to create a distraction. He moved around looking and thinking for what he could do, when he remembered the only shop open on his way in. he grinned and waited for Lucius to leave before stepping out behind him and heading for Diagon alley.

He walked in and headed to the desk they were standing talking as customers moved around the store. He spoke making them both jump, “Hello you two”
“Who’s there?” said Fred
“What do you want?” asked George
“It’s Harry, and I need your help”
“Then you’d better follow us” Said Fred they headed into the back room and asked the other staff to “Man the tills” they sat on the boxes,
“Well take the cloak off then” George looked around the room trying to figure out where he was,
He did, and sat down.
“So what can we do for you?”
“And why aren’t you at school?”
“I need to steal something, I’ve left school for a little bit and can you only ask me questions one at a time?”
“We don’t steal, we borrow or we take back what was ours”
“And why aren’t Ron and Hermione with you?”
“Im taking back something that should be mine, Ron hasn’t been my friend since I told him I was dating Ginny and then punched him a few weeks ago, Hermione is at school looking after Ginny for me and performing Head girl and boy duties with Ron”
“Ron’s head boy” Smiled George as if it where the best news he’d had in weeks “Why’d you hit him?”Asked Fred
“He insinuated some things about me and Ginny which I don’t want to repeat” Harry looked at them both and stared at each other and smiled, “So Ronald is the latest disappointment to us?”
“Yes” he replied “he never bothered to tell anyone that he was head boy until he was on the train even then Hermione told us when he went to the meeting, I don’t think your parents even know”
“Well he’s good at secret’s our little brother” Fred glanced at Harry, “I hope your taking care of our sister”
“Trying my best, but the sooner I do what I came to do the sooner I can get back to her”
“Where is what you’re planning to steal from?”George asked,
“Borgin and Burkes”
Fred turned to George grinning “now that’s what we like to here, real trouble”
“What are you going to take?” smiled George.
“A locket, Mundungus stole it from Grimmald place but I have to get it back and use it for something”
“Well it’s just in time to test out some new products” Said Fred
“What did you have in mind?” George looked at his twin,
“Decoy detonators, Wet Start fireworks, new improved portable swamp and the new range of disguises”
“I don’t want to cause too much mess or he’ll notice what I’ve done”
“That’s where a coping spell comes in handy, Gemino” he pointed his wand a box and another one appeared next to it, “it creates copies”
Harry grinned, “Thank god your Ron’s brothers”
“Don’t ever say that again” Said Fred grinning
“Its bad enough bad enough were related to him, never mind you spreading it about” laughed George
“So are you two up for it?” Harry looked at them both,
“Of course” they said together
“When would we ever pass up an opportunity to do what mums been telling us not to do for years” said Fred
“What’s that?”Asked Harry
“Step foot in Knockturn alley” Georges grin reached his ears, “you’ve been in there how many times and our mother wont even let us glance down there on pain of death”

They stood outside Harry covered in the cloak with Fred and George either side wearing invisible shield, hats, disguises and carrying a lot of there products in there pockets.
“You ready Harry” Said Fred
“Lets go” he replied as George opened the door and the three of them stepped inside.
George had green eyes, brown hair, and beard and wore old robes he had found, Fred in newer robes, with sleek blonde hair and blue eyes and what appeared to be a new nose.

Fred stepped towards the front desk whilst George and Harry made there way to the glass case. Fred spoke,

“Good afternoon” he spoke pompously basing himself on a Malfoy, “I wish to see what jewellery you have, an old friend is having a birthday, but it seems he is not as good a friend as I thought especially with my wife” the man behind the counter smiled
“Cursed or hexed is over in that case, he pointed to where George was, and I keep my own supply in the back, of other rarer pieces”
“Gold is not a problem” he patted a money bag that jingled, the man’s eyes lit up;
“If you would take a look at the case I will go to the back and fetch my other items”
Fred made his way over to George who had moved to another place, “Now’s your chance Harry” he whispered,
“Not yet, he might come back to soon for me to-”he was cut of as he returned shuffling to the front desk.
“Mr…?”
“Just Sir, I don’t want this getting back to me” Fred walked back over dropping two galleons on the desk, “if you keep you word not to tell a soul I brought anything from here”
“Of course sir, now these are what I have, this is-”there was a loud crash as George knocked over a large suit of armour, on to the glass case the glass shattering every where.

The owner came over wand drawn “I knew you’d be trouble the moment you came in what’s your business here”
Fred spoke up before George replied, “He’s just my servant, and I will repair the damage and pay you for the clumsy fool with his weeks wages”
Borgin nodded and shuffled around picking up the items. Harry moved to the back of the store and set of a detonator, George grabbed the locket as Borgin went to see what was happening, he copied it and placed the real one in his pocket, Harry came back swiftly, “Did you get it?”
“Yes now let’s get out of here” he said placing the fake one on the floor. Harry moved over to Fred “It’s done”
“As I was saying” Borgin returned smiling, the destroyed detonator in his hand. “These are my rarer items” he waved his wand and the glass case restored its self while the items lay on the outside, he glanced to check they where all there and then turned back to Fred as he spoke to George,
“Would you wait outside, so you don’t cause anymore damage” he said to George and Harry, they opened the door and stood, while Fred stood inside talking and looking at the items.

“What’s he doing?” Harry asked as George stood looking surprised. He spoke trying to hide his mouth so as not to appear to be talking to no one.
“Market research” he grinned “you know what kind off cool stuffs in there”
“Dark stuff, George, stuff Voldemort used to handle”
“What do you mean used to handle?”
“He used to work for Borgin and Burkes, buying rare and dangerous stuff for them”
“Really!?” he asked surprised
“Yes” Harry looked back in the shop and then to George, “Can I see it?” he pulled the locket out a bit to show Harry hiding from view of the window, “what’s the s for?”
“Salazar Slytherin” Harry replied ominously, as George put it away and Fred came out holding a package his money bag a little lighter.

They walked quietly to diagon alley and sat down in the back room of the store.
“I got this for sixty galleons” he lifted out a silver ring with a gloved hand, “Just the hex we need to help perfect those rotten handed gloves” Harry looked confused,
“They’re great for Halloween, change the skin to look rotten and mouldy without spells and then you just take them off to get rid of it, only we had some trouble fingers falling off” Said George grinning happily, “Which gold did you use”
Fred smiled and replied, “Our long lasting fake galleons”
“I don’t want to know” laughed Harry
“Hey, he’ll still think he got the money, but just for a week then it disappears”
“Then it means we’re not helping keeping people like him in business, you know, funding evil”
Harry nodded “Well we got this” Said Harry as George took out the locket, and he took out the sword from his bag.
“Where did you get that?” Fred looked at it in awe,
“Dumbledore, he left it too me to help, could you put the locket on the floor” George did as he was told,
“You might want to stand back I don’t know want will happen”
They did and he raised the sword over the locket before plunging it down into the s. It left no mark and nothing happened.
“Erm… what are you doing Harry?”Fred stared at him confused,
“To cut a long story short, trying to destroy a piece of Voldemort’s soul”
“Oh well if that’s all” George smiled
“Well it hasn’t worked” he picked it up feeling something pulsing with in it. He tried to open it. “It won’t budge”
“Try that snake talking thing you do” Said Fred
“Parsel tongue, you said the locket was Slytherin’s” laughed George,
Harry looked at it and said “open”
“That was English not snake” Fred looked at him, “Will this make a mess, I mean we’ve only just cleaned up” Harry smiled and shook his head. “I don’t think so”
He tried again “Open” this time successful as it opened a light burst out and he dropped it shock.
“Stab it Harry, Stab it” said Fred covering his eyes from the light, Harry grasped the sword and thrust it down into the centre of one side of the locket. There was a loud scream of pain echoing around the room and he lifted the sword again this time striking the other side. It let out another scream before the light faded and the room became silent.
“What the hell was that?” George looked at Fred as Harry picked up and closed the locket,
“Another bit of Voldemort dying” he crossed the locket of his mental list of Horcruxes and smiled.