View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 02:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
chaostori1985
Hufflepuff
Gnome

Default When My Dream Became Reality - Sa16+

Hey guys here's my first attempt at a story. I actually wrote it back in 2002, but I didn't have the courage to post it until now. If I get positive responses back it won't take me long to post since it is finished...well unless I decide to change the ending a little bit.
Here's the first chapter, let me know what you think please. Even if you don't want to comment on the story, please let me know that you're reading this. As soon as someone posts saying anything I'll post a new chapter.

~Tori

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 1: The Best Woman For The Job
Chapter 2: The Analyticum Potion
Chapter 3: Imperius
Chapter 4: Gossip
Chapter 5: Butterflies
Chapter 6: A New Arrival
Chapter 7: The Nocturnal Adventures Of A Gryffindor Girl
Chapter 8: Hagrid's Houseguest
Chapter 9: Losing Control
Chapter 10: The Aftermath
Chapter 11: Experimenting
Chapter 12: Solving The Puzzle
Chapter 13: Strategy For Seduction
Chapter 14: Werewolf In The Middle
Chapter 15: Over The Edge
Chapter 16: Great Minds Think Alike
Chapter 17: Preparing For Battle
Chapter 18: And Nothing Else Matters
Chapter 19: Love's Sacrifice
Chapter 20: Outwitting The Devil
Chapter 21: Heroes
Chapter 22: Fame And Glory
Chapter 23: A Powerful Ingredient
Chapter 24: The Joys Of Folklore
Chapter 25: A New Challenge
Chapter 26: Pin-Up
Chapter 27: The Interview
Chapter 28: Justice!
Chapter 29: Heading For A Fall
Chapter 30: Where Did We Go Wrong
Chapter 31: Picking Up The Pieces
Chapter 32: Encounter At Midnight
Chapter 33: Matchmakers
Chapter 34: Miracles Happen
Chapter 35: The Wrath Of The Death Eater
Chapter 35: The Wrath Of The Death Eater Continued
Chapter 36: The Maltese Connection
Chapter 37: Meet The Family
Chapter 38: For Eternity
Chapter 38: For Eternity Continued
Chapter 39: The Banquet
Chapter 39: The Banquet Continued
Chapter 40: Girl Talk
Chapter 41: The Confrontation
Chapter 42: The Wedding
Chapter 43: Interrupted
Chapter 44: Epilogue

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Character List

Tori Bloom: A tall, strawberry brown haired, hazel eyed, feisty 7th year Gryffindor. Tori is best friends with the golden trio and Shannon Richards.

Shannon Richards: A petite, ash blonde haired, brown eyed, 6th/7th year Gryffindor. She just so happens to be best friends with Tori, Harry, Ron and Hermione.

Harry Potter: Harry has all the same characteristics as J.K. has envisioned him to have; he is also one of Tori’s best friends and Shannon’s crush.

Ron Weasley: The same as his character in the book, he is also one of Tori and Shannon’s best friends; he treats them like they were his sisters.

Hermione Granger: The same bushy haired, scholarly student as J.K. portrays her as; she is also best friends with Harry, Ron, Tori and Shannon.

Severus Snape: The same dark and mysterious character that J.K. Rowling has created, but does he have a soft side?

Draco Malfoy: Begins as J.K. Rowling created him, but with a possible twist.

Bill Weasley: A very talented Auror.

Hagrid, Headmaster Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall, Professor Flitwick,Alastor Moody, Molly, Fred, and George Weasley: Just as J.K. Rowling depicts them in the books. Including Fred and George running their joke shop.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 1: The Best Woman for the Job

The Gryffindor colors decorated the Great Hall. Their House had – yet again – won the house cup this year. Amidst the festivities of another year ending, Tori Bloom sat rather quietly at the end of the table. Next to her, Hermione, Ron and Harry were making the most of their last meal at Hogwarts, as their seven years of education had finally come to an end. She envied her classmates. They all knew precisely what they were going to do after today: Hermione would go on to study at the University, Ron would go work with his father at the Ministry and Harry would go straight to Alastor Moody to begin his Auror training. Even Neville had found a way to make use of his talent: he was to become a healer. Only the brightest student in decades did not know what tomorrow would bring. She didn’t even know what she would like to do with her life. The only thing she could come up with was that she wanted to remain studying for the rest of her life.

Just the thought of having to leave Hogwarts! It had been a safe haven for years, especially now, when it was very likely the final battle with Voldemort would only be a heartbeat away. His power had continuously increased over the last years he had begun to ‘free the wizarding world from the tainted muggle blood’. As a result, the entire Creevey family had been wiped out in a Death Eater raid on their house during the Christmas break, as to make sure that the children were there as well. The left open spaces at the Gryffindor table were an all too sad reminder of their absence. But it wasn’t just Gryffindor that had suffered. Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw had dealt with their own losses and even…

Her gaze went to the Slytherin table. Only half of the students that had begun their school year in September were sitting at their House table. She shivered when she thought of the events leading up to the exit of so many students. During this last school year, Voldemort had finally found a way to get to Harry. Or at least, that’s what he had thought. The Dark Lord had lured Harry to his lair, pretending he had revived Lily Potter to become his bride and mother to his heir. Before anyone could point out to Harry that this would be very unlikely, he had enraged in an outburst to go rescuing his mother. Poor Harry! Still, so much longing for his family, that only the tiniest bit of hope would blind him of the obvious. He had almost paid with his sanity to learn that some things just weren’t meant to be.

Fortunately, their much-despised Potion Master had been present at the time. Before Voldemort could make Harry undergo a Dementor’s Kiss, Professor Snape had jumped on top of Harry and apparated with him to Hogsmeade. By doing so, he had completely blown his cover of being a spy for Dumbledore, after finally regaining Voldemort’s trust last summer. As a result, the other Death Eaters found it no longer useful to hide and the Head of Slytherin became their enemy number 2 (after Harry that was). By revealing their true colors, sides were taken once and for all, and the children of the Death Eater-families had left Hogwarts. They hadn’t seen Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, Parkinson and other Slytherin scum since.

Although it was a relief to have everything out in the open, it was all too clear that it had affected Dumbledore in a severe way. He had always hoped that he could rescue the children of the Death Eaters from their parents’ ways, but it seemed like all efforts had been in vain. Dumbledore had addressed the other Houses on the situation and asked them not to take things out on the Slytherins that remained. Apparently not all of them were as bad as the likes of Malfoy. After all, even a few Ravenclaws left to join their family at Voldemort’s side and thinking about Peter Pettigrew…he had been Gryffindor!

She suddenly realized she had wandered off and was about to lose herself in a very un-festive melancholy contemplation. Just then, Harry stood up and went to the head table. He started a conversation with Professor Snape and it looked like they were shooting glances at her while doing so. What on earth could they be talking about? After all, although Snape had rescued Harry from a fate worse than death, he would always be their least favorite teacher.

Oh well, deciding that she would at least have some pleasant memories of her last night at Hogwarts, she took another piece of chocolate cake and turned to Ron.

“So, are you planning on a holiday or will you start immediately at the Ministry?” she asked him.

“Well, given the situation with Voldemort, I don’t think it would be proper to go off on a holiday, do you?”

“Right, of course, how could I be so insensitive? No one will probably take a holiday for ages I guess.”

“Yeah…Tori, what’s the matter? You look like you’re about to burst into tears? How is that possible with exam results like yours?” Ron rolled his eyes.

She finally managed a little smile.

“OK. No matter how terrible things will get, we will always have our school results to hang onto” she chuckled.

“Right on!” Ron winked. He knew Tori was preoccupied with her future. Well, everyone was these days, especially since it wasn’t sure that they would HAVE a future.

Now! That really was some gloomy thinking. He saw Harry returning from the head table, with Dumbledore by his side. They were heading for Tori. Ron sort of knew what was going on and he smiled, knowing that his friend’s most pressing troubles would soon be over with.

“Miss Bloom, could you follow me to my office for a moment, please?” Dumbledore smiled gently.

“Oh, sure Professor.” Puzzled, she followed the older wizard to his study and found herself alone with him. She was unsure of what was going to come. Surely she wouldn’t be in any trouble? Not on her last day!

“Child, I do think I know just about everything concerning the future careers of my graduates. Except…” a little pause and a slight twinkle in his eye, “except for your plans, of course.”

It had sounded like a question and Tori did not know the answer to this one. Finally caught!

“Well…em…sir, I …em…well I don’t quite know what I want to do.” There was some despair in her voice.

“Now, now, no need to panic just yet, Miss Bloom! After all, your options are so numerous, it’s most understanding you have some difficulties in reaching a decision.”

She gave him a pensive look. Just what was going on in the Headmaster’s head? As if anyone would ever know that one!

“I won’t tease you much longer, my child. I have a proposition for you. Please hear me out until I have explained everything.”

She nodded, getting curious to hear what he had to say.

“You know of course that Professor Snape had succeeded in infiltrating the close circle around Voldemort. Regaining his trust made it possible for him to observe him closely. He found out something rather peculiar. No, Miss Bloom, what I am about to tell you, is only known to myself, Professor Snape, Alastor Moody and Harry, so I trust you will keep this a secret.”

After waiting for her to nod, he continued:

“It seems our Dark Lord has a little problem in maintaining his magical powers. Professor Snape has remarked that whenever Voldemort used his power, he drank a potion afterwards, as to replenish it. Unfortunately, he was not trusted enough to brew this potion. But, luckily for us, he has succeeded in capturing a sample of it. Besides his teaching and his work for the Ministry, Professor Snape will devote his time on finding out what the ingredients of this potion are and will attempt to brew an antidote so that Voldemort can be weakened. It is then up to our Aurors to defeat him. As this is a very complex task – we are not dealing with a simple headache potion – he will need some assistance. We had been thinking of you.”

Tori swallowed. This was pretty amazing. A lot to take in at once, but she could already feel the adrenaline running through her veins, just thinking about the research and experiments. Most of all, she could stay at Hogwarts! Even having to work near Snape was worth it.

“Oh, Professor Dumbledore!! I’d love to! I cannot believe you thought of me!” she smiled widely and her delight was reflected on her face.

“He did not Miss Bloom…I did.” A dark and silky voice came from behind her.

She was startled and looked at the door. Professor Severus Snape had entered the room just to overhear the end of the conversation. She forced herself to look up into his black eyes and tried not to let the growing feeling of uneasiness get the better of her. Okay, she had to work with him, but WITH him was not the same as being his student. So she should not let herself be intimidated by him. After all, if he had chosen her for the job, he had just given her the best compliment she had ever received from a teacher!

“I’m flattered sir, that you should think of a Gryffindor to assist you in such a delicate matter,” she had spoken before she could stop herself. She noticed a slight sadness in his eyes, no doubt thinking about his House in shambles, before the usual coldness came back.

“As you are well aware of the fact that you are second in your class this year, it should not have been a surprise to you, Miss Bloom.” A Snape-like sneer as usual.

Oh boy, their time together (in the dungeons!) would surely be interesting!

Last edited by D.A Forever; 10-12-2009 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Added Chapter Links